• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

game stop midnite tourney info on site.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
Hah, I'll be there for sure, but I can't decide whether to use Marth (that is, if they have him unlocked) since he was my main in Melee and I'm used to him, or Pit, who looks amazing and I plan to main in Brawl but I have zero practice with =\

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Oh awesome my gamestop is having one. I'm definitely signing up for that. I don't think any competative smash players live in my area. There are some great players in Colorado but as far as I know they are mostly from Denver/Aurora area.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Hey, cool, a Gamestop near me is doing one. I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy, but I think I'll look into attending this tournament myself. 'Twould be a fun way to get the game.

Zevox

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hah, I'll be there for sure, but I can't decide whether to use Marth (that is, if they have him unlocked) since he was my main in Melee and I'm used to him, or Pit, who looks amazing and I plan to main in Brawl but I have zero practice with =\
Same. I want to try out Sonic or ZSS so bad, but I think I should stick with one of my mains from before- I actually want to win :)

Foe

Smash Journeyman
The one near me is doing is about the size of my room. But this is exciting!

Have they posted any rules/prizes/times???

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I'm going to try to convince my parents to let me. It will be my first time playing the game, so it will be button mashing all the way with the best characters I can find. I'm also glad I can final get to a tourney in my city, I always miss them or they never offer them.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to try to convince my parents to let me. It will be my first time playing the game, so it will be button mashing all the way with the best characters I can find. I'm also glad I can final get to a tourney in my city, I always miss them or they never offer them.
Isn't it for people 18 and older only?

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely going to enter. It seems every GameStop I have ever been to is participating. The best part is it says no purchase required to enter or win, since I'm getting my Brawl from somewhere else.

What are the rules?
What time does it start?
What are the smaller prizes?
What are the controller options?
Last time I called(Which was last week.) I was told the first 30 people that get to the store on time and have had the game pre-ordered can only be in the tournament.

They probably changed it, according to the site, but this was just a local Gamestop(Escondido, CA), the rules could be different at all locations.

I might as well try calling again I guess, to get more info. :p

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Watch out, Richmond, Virginia scrubs >.>

I will attack one of the 4 stores in my area.

This is going to be fun as hell <.<

Tristan_win

Not dead.
NICE!

Sadly I just called and the guy I talk to wasn't really sure it was going to happen

IE he didn't know anything so who know what the rules are going to be...Most likly they are going to be free for all 4 man with items. Which I think we all know isn't really a good tournament.

Zjiin

Smash Master
NICE!

Sadly I just called and the guy I talk to wasn't really sure it was going to happen

IE he didn't know anything so who know what the rules are going to be...Most likly they are going to be free for all 4 man with items. Which I think we all know isn't really a good tournament.
It's called "camp out until there's only one noob left."

etrain911

Smash Apprentice
Sweet! There is one in Michigan. I can't wait to start playing as olimar. I called and the employee told me it starts around nine till midnight for anyone wondering. I hope there are some skilled players. Even though I'd probably lose I'd learn how to play just a tiny bit better.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
**** YES! A tourney I can actually attend! Also, prizes for winners of each round? Sweet, hopefully I'll score some SWAG. The GameStop I reserved it as is 10 minutes away, so I'm set. =D =D =D

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Heh..I called my store just a minute ago and asked them about it. They said they are suppose to do one but they have no idea what they are going to do :(. I hope they do one..I'm amped for it!

Revven

FrankerZ
Odd. I called the Gamestop I reserved my copy from about two weeks ago and they said they were going to have the tournament. Now I go and look at the list for the store, and apparently, it has the other Gamestop (that I didn't reserve from) on there but not the one that I did reserve from (which said they were going to have a tournament). I'll have to call them tonight and see what they say... though, most likely the list might just be missing it (I hope so).

Anyone that's going to the Cleveland Heights tournament... watch out for the tag SMK. :p

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
This is Awesome! I was I could play the copy I own then I'd have a ton of practice. I have played it a couple of times so I guess I'll have more experience than everyone in who'd show up.

I remember the manger at my Game Stop telling me that it'd be for Melee as well. I hope not I haven't played Melee in ages tho I guess I could still beat the people from my town that'd show up to play.

Don't really plan to get much farther than Districts and that's with high expectations. Should be good times all around.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
**** there are 3 gamestops right by each other i can go to for this, so me and my freinds are gonna divide and conquer each one MUHAHAHA. Anyone else near the one by the Milwaukee WI Greenfield stores who cares to try and stop us?

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I cant believe my gamestop's doin it.
Im so gonna participate, probably wont win, but it'll be my first tournament :]

Rogueleader89

Smash Rookie
YES! Every store within my area is holding this tournament and there is only one good smash player in the area that I know of besides myself, now all i have to do is figure out which store he's going to and avoid it and I'll have a good chance of winning :)

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
will they have all the characters and stages unlocked?

RayLewis08

Smash Rookie
If only 1 person out of probably 50k people gets a prize... Not worth the time. Especially if it is FFA timed matches.

If the winner of each store gets a free copy of smash? Then regionals gets something nice? Then it is worth going.

Rogueleader89

Smash Rookie
I'm especially surprised that because Gamestop employees tend to be quite ignorant and never know what's going on...good find
Yes, I actually asked employees at 2 of my local gamestops if they were doing anything special in the store for the brawl release, one of them said there would be a midnight release, the other said they weren't doing anything, yet both are on the list of tournament sites.

Top Bottom