• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PEOPLE: The "removed"ATs and Pokemon were lies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I simply cannot comprehend why people still believe that Rosalina, Regigas, Duster, Muddy Mole, and all those other "spotted" Assist Trophies and Pokemon were truly seen, and that they were removed literally a week before the games release (despite them all being finished and fully implemented, no less), with no remnants of them on the games' disk.

Think of it this way: We have found removed characters on the disk. Removed Characters that were probably taken out in the games' ALPHA stage. We have dozens of removed music tracks. We even have a removed Assist Trophy in the form of Ridley. If they were unable to remove all that stuff in the middle of the games' development, how were they able to remove a bunch of finished Assist Trophies just days before the games' release? Does that really make sense? Especially when all those Assist Trophies and Pokemon were completely finished and showed up during gameplay at Whobby? Do you honestly think that Sakurai just walked into a room and said "Okay, people. I know we've already printed millions of copies of Brawl, but I got a GREAT idea! We can remove a whole bunch of random Assist Trophies and Pokemon, despite them already being completely implemented into the game! Why should we do this? For the LULZ, silly!"

Lies are easily spread. Just because a couple people said they spotted them doesn't make it true. Remember that "SSBB: THE NEW CHALLENGER" rumor from yesterday? That was spread around several forums by several different people. And that was proven to be 100% false. We don't have random believers running around claiming it to be true despite it being proven false.

It's ignorant to say that Rosalina and co. were actually ever in the game. We have no video evidence of them. No images. No left-over data. Nothing. They were not ever in the game. It was a lie.

PoopLoop4

Smash Cadet
Mostly only noobs believe info with out proper evidance, I perfer to wait ubtil vids or pics are surfaced, becasue I don't want to look like an idiot later on.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
So Sothe, Rosalina, Shadow, Duster, and all of them were just removed for some reason? Why?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
So Sothe, Rosalina, Shadow, Duster, and all of them were just removed for some reason? Why?
Please read my post.

People are saying that they were removed, because someone claimed to have seen them at Whobby. In reality, they were never in the game at all.

Shadow is still in the game. Unlike those other ones, we have video evidence of Shadow.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Please read my post.

People are saying that they were removed, because someone claimed to have seen them at Whobby. In reality, they were never in the game at all.

Shadow is still in the game. Unlike those other ones, we have video evidence of Shadow.
I could've sworn that I saw a video with Rosalina in it...

Also, I find it hard to believe that many different people would lie about Sothe. They gave many details about him. Many people were upset because he was said to do just a kickflip instead of using his tademark knife...

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Some people also claimed that Metagross would be a Pokemon. And he is! But only as a stage hazard on Spear Pillar. But was Spear Pillar available at Whobby? That makes so sense...

PoopLoop4

Smash Cadet
Some people also claimed that Metagross would be a Pokemon. And he is! But only as a stage hazard on Spear Pillar. But was Spear Pillar available at Whobby? That makes so sense...

The hell are you talking about? I saw a vid of Metagross on Halbert

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
I think it's less likely they lied, and more likely they were confused. A lot of **** was going down, and most ATs don't last a long time. A lot of ATs/Pokemon that they saw are actually in the game, and it's just a handful of ones - almost always the same ones, and described in the same way - that didn't make it.

And it is entirely possible they did see them, considering all the cut content we have. Demos don't work the way you're describing. They don't just take the latest build that day, cut it up and put some limits on it, and call it good. It was probably the most stable release of an older version. So it's not like they were "cut" in a week; the demo could have been months old.

PoopLoop4

Smash Cadet
I hope u relize that fragments of cut content is still on the disc, and there is nothing of many sadi to be a wobby

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Could've been there for some kind of weird viral marketing over added content. Just throwing the idea out there, not saying it's likely.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Rosalina lacks a trophy also, there is no mario galaxy representation in brawl

If someone finds evidence of cut content, then DLC is believable IMO.

If anyone knows, has shaymin been revealed in Japan yet?

Proven

Smash Apprentice
You're definitely confusing pokemon here. Here's some info on Metagross: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/376.shtml

The Pokemon that appear on Spear Pillar (as far as I've seen) are Dialga, Palkia, and Cresselia.

Edit: too slow..

PoopLoop4

Smash Cadet

I think there is no galaxy representation because it is such a new game and brawl was supposed to be released BEFORE Galaxy, but then was delayed.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I could've sworn that I saw a video with Rosalina in it...

Also, I find it hard to believe that many different people would lie about Sothe. They gave many details about him. Many people were upset because he was said to do just a kickflip instead of using his tademark knife...
rumors spread dude. Even if one person lie and only one person believes him that person can spread the word and that spreads as well. Plus people who wanted Sothe can hear this watch a video with Lyn and say wow that's sothe I saw him too! And yes that has happened on smashboards.

And so is the same with Rosalina (why would they have a mario galxy At and yet no music from the game)? Porting music is much easier than making Ats.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
No, none of you saw any video of Rosalina. She is not, and was never in the game in any way, shape, or form. Why the hell would they just randomly remove the only piece of Super Mario Galaxy content from the game? Does that make sense to you? Mario Galaxy is a very popular game. They wouldn't just deem Rosalina "unneccessary", and especially would just remove her days before the Japanese release.

And as for Sothe being there just because there were "a lot of details", that means nothing. I have seen paragraphs of fake game cheats before. Remember all the rumors of getting the Triforce in Ocarina of Time (as well as the Unicorn Fountain and Light Temple)? More importantly, remember Luigi in Super Mario 64? All of the aforementioned things had VERY detailed descrpitions, and none of them are in the game (or possible to get, in the Triforce's case).

I have actually seen three different explanations of what Rosalina does. First I heard that she shoots Star Bits at everyone. Then, I heard that she creates a Barrier around whoever released her, making them invulnerable. The latest I heard is that she drops a bunch of Launch Star pieces that can be collected and formed into a Dragoon-like Launch Star item. If she were really in the game, don't you think we would have heard what she really does by now? Or do you think they really gave her three very distinct attacks, and then just removed her, making all that work a waste? The only other AT's that have the ability to do different attacks all basically have similar looking attacks (Waluigi has a Kick or a Tennis Racket Smack. Joe has three different finishing punches.).

Harmlessvagrant is correct. Anyone who claims to have seen Rosalina or Sothe in a video are just seeing what they want to see. I remember people posting a video of Barbara the Bat, and saying it's footage of Duster (another "removed" AT). If people could mistake those two, how is it hard to believe that you guys could have mistaken Rosalina and Sothe?

Fact remains- There was too little time to remove them, and there would be no reason to. Even if they had done it, we would probably have bits of data left on the disk from them. Hell, there's even an unused Ridley Assist Trophy on the disk. Do you think that they completely wiped out Rosalina, Sothe, and the others, but then said "Aaah. We've done enough work pointlessly removing completed Assist Trophies and Pokemon . Let's just randomly keep one left over!".

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
No, none of you saw any video of Rosalina. She is not, and was never in the game in any way, shape, or form. Why the hell would they just randomly remove the only piece of Super Mario Galaxy content from the game? Does that make sense to you? Mario Galaxy is a very popular game. They wouldn't just deem Rosalina "unneccessary", and especially would just remove her days before the Japanese release.

And as for Sothe being there just because there were "a lot of details", that means nothing. I have seen paragraphs of fake game cheats before. Remember all the rumors of getting the Triforce in Ocarina of Time (as well as the Unicorn Fountain and Light Temple)? More importantly, remember Luigi in Super Mario 64? All of the aforementioned things had VERY detailed descrpitions, and none of them are in the game (or possible to get, in the Triforce's case).

I have actually seen three different explanations of what Rosalina does. First I heard that she shoots Star Bits at everyone. Then, I heard that she creates a Barrier around whoever released her, making them invulnerable. The latest I heard is that she drops a bunch of Launch Star pieces that can be collected and formed into a Dragoon-like Launch Star item. If she were really in the game, don't you think we would have heard what she really does by now? Or do you think they really gave her three very distinct attacks, and then just removed her, making all that work a waste? The only other AT's that have the ability to do different attacks all basically have similar looking attacks (Waluigi has a Kick or a Tennis Racket Smack. Joe has three different finishing punches.).

Harmlessvagrant is correct. Anyone who claims to have seen Rosalina or Sothe in a video are just seeing what they want to see. I remember people posting a video of Barbara the Bat, and saying it's footage of Duster (another "removed" AT). If people could mistake those two, how is it hard to believe that you guys could have mistaken Rosalina and Sothe?

Fact remains- There was too little time to remove them, and there would be no reason to. Even if they had done it, we would probably have bits of data left on the disk from them. Hell, there's even an unused Ridley Assist Trophy on the disk. Do you think that they completely wiped out Rosalina, Sothe, and the others, but then said "Aaah. We've done enough work pointlessly removing completed Assist Trophies and Pokemon . Let's just randomly keep one left over!".
I did see Roselina in a video from Whobby. She had the blue dress of hers and yellow hair of hers, and did what was described. I KNOW no other AT had a look similar to Roselina's. I'd have to really dig to find that YouTube video, though.

TempestFunk

Smash Cadet
I agree, It's probably just a case of mistaken identity

people say they saw Sothe doing back flips? humm...

And people say they saw Rosalina

Did she happen to come out of a pokeball perhapses?

But I mean, come on. can you blame them? if you're not into Pokemon or played the game sin and punishment how are you going to know about Gardevoir and Saki?

•Col•

Smash Champion
I agree, It's probably just a case of mistaken identity

people say they saw Sothe doing back flips? humm...

And people say they saw Rosalina

Did she happen to come out of a pokeball perhapses?

But I mean, come on. can you blame them? if you're not into Pokemon or played the game sin and punishment how are you going to know about Gardevoir and Saki?

Only a complete and utter idiot would confuse Saki with Sothe... ._. They look nothing alike, the only attack Sothe is suppossed to do is a bicycle kick thing (Saki shoots people, and slices them... WITH A LASER SWORD), and it was said that whenever Sothe came out he'd shout something like "I'll fight for you Ike!!" or something... Yeah, there's no way someone would confuse the two...

Although, Rosalina and Gardevior actually WERE confused at first. Someone reported Rosalina was an AT, someone saw a video with Gardevior and mistook her for Rosalina. He posted it, people realized it was a pokemon, and thought the Rosalina thing was fake. However, later, a video surfaced and Rosalina was suppossedly in it...

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice

No, not until the new promotional material for the next pokemon movie. Sheimi is not in the game in ANY form. Regigigas isn't in the game. Eevee isn't a pokeball pokemon. Onyx/Iwak isn't either. People LIE.

TempestFunk

Smash Cadet
Only a complete and utter idiot would confuse Saki with Sothe... ._. They look nothing alike, the only attack Sothe is suppossed to do is a bicycle kick thing (Saki shoots people, and slices them... WITH A LASER SWORD), and it was said that whenever Sothe came out he'd shout something like "I'll fight for you Ike!!" or something... Yeah, there's no way someone would confuse the two...
Heh, you give people too much credit and not enough credit both at the same time.

Don't forget how out of hand rumors can get. One person sees Saki and says, "hey... could that be Sothe?" another person hears, takes a quick glance and in his excitement tells his friends without checking it out himself. His friends in turn posts things on the internet. Each time the story is told more stuff is added until you get something thats no where near the original.

burb described three things Roselina is supposed to do, one of them describes what sounds like what Gradevoir does, thats weird barrier thing. another describes what happens when you pick up three pieces of the dragoon (these could have been dropping while 'Roselina' was out once) and the final one, the barrage of stars was probably made up by someone. I also heard she summoned Lumas that healed people, also probably made up.

I'm not saying people are necessarily going around making stuff up to fool people, but they could have made predictions on what these supposed AT would do and some people took them seriously.

Rumors are also much harder to stop than to start, people just tend to believe whatever they want to believe and people believe in rumors for the most part because they're fun.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I got so happy when I read the title of the thread. "Wavedashing and Mew are back in? Whoopee!" Only to have my hopes dashed when I read the OP.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Gardevoir does not have blond hair nor does it throw objects out. Gardevoir creates this projectile blocking sheild around itself. What I saw that looked like Roseline threw out Star Bits and had blond hair as well as the seagreen dress. And I'm also into both Pokemon and Super Mario... I KNOW what a Pokemon looks like.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
There's a vid of Rosalina from Whobby so what the **** are you talking about?

Dunno where to find it but I've seen it too, and I would be glad if someone could find it for me.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
People....

NONE OF YOU SAW ROSALINA. YOU EITHER MISTOOK GARDEVOIR FOR HER, OR YOU ARE MAKING THINGS UP. THERE IS NO EXISTING FOOTAGE OF HER, BECAUSE SHE WAS NEVER IN THE GAME. SHE WAS NOT AT WHOBBY. WHY THE HELL WOULD SAKURAI JUST RANDOMLY REMOVE A FULL IMPLEMENTED ASSIST TROPHY? NONE OF YOU SAW SOTHE EITHER, IT WAS SAKI. IF THERE WERE REALLY A VIDEO OF ROSALINA AND SOTHE IN ACTION, BY ALL MEANS, FIND IT AND SHOW IT TO ME. PROVE ME WRONG.

wadeledge107

Smash Cadet
People....

NONE OF YOU SAW ROSALINA. YOU EITHER MISTOOK GARDEVOIR FOR HER, OR YOU ARE MAKING THINGS UP. THERE IS NO EXISTING FOOTAGE OF HER, BECAUSE SHE WAS NEVER IN THE GAME. SHE WAS NOT AT WHOBBY. WHY THE HELL WOULD SAKURAI JUST RANDOMLY REMOVE A FULL IMPLEMENTED ASSIST TROPHY? NONE OF YOU SAW SOTHE EITHER, IT WAS SAKI. IF THERE WERE REALLY A VIDEO OF ROSALINA AND SOTHE IN ACTION, BY ALL MEANS, FIND IT AND SHOW IT TO ME. PROVE ME WRONG.
No offense, but get over yourself. Does it really matter? You can't prove they didn't see Rosalina either you know. No one can prove anything, this thread is a great big flame war and should be closed.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The fact that there is nothing in the code for them pretty much proves that they didn't see them, and/or were lying. It's easily provable that they didn't see anything because of that.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
The fact that there is nothing in the code for them pretty much proves that they didn't see them, and/or were lying. It's easily provable that they didn't see anything because of that.
Second layer of the disc? They were removed completely from the disc? You can't disprove what people saw.

Mama

Smash Ace
It is easy to prove they were never there. The absence of evidence may not be the evidence of absence but if you have evidence of absence then you've got solid proof.

Why are people arguing over something that never existed? This thread should be locked its one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Let me ask any believers something that I've been asking in nearly every post in this stupid topic:

Why would they remove fully implemented Assist Trophies? How could they manage to do this literally days before the Japanese release (especially when millions of copies had to have been made already by that time!)? Does that sound logical to you? Do you really think that Sakurai had all those copies that were already made thrown out just so he could randomly remove completed content? That doesn't sound at all stupid to you?

Face it: None of you saw Rosalina. None of you saw Sothe. Nobody at Whobby saw them, either. They were never in the game...they were never scrapped. It's completely ******** to believe that they were, especially reading my little blurb directly above this paragraph.

I may not have evidence that you people didn't see them, but you guys sure as hell don't have any evidence that you did. Go find those videos you supposedly saw. I guarantee that "Rosalina" and "Sothe" are just Gardevoir and Saki, just like "Duster" was actually Barbara the Bat.

From what I read in the "SSBB: CHALLENGER APPROACHING" topic, this board goes by the policy of: "Fake until proven real". Why the hell is it any different for this? If this "news" of the Assist Trophies in question popped up today, all you birdies would be chirping a different song.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Second layer of the disc? They were removed completely from the disc? You can't disprove what people saw.
Data has been found for a removed Ridley AT, and nothing else. The AT data got cracked along with things that were cut, and Roselina and the rest are not there.

And in contrast, is there anything that proves what people "saw" allegedly? We just had text from 2chan, and we all know how reliable that is. Heck, they even stated that they knew that English speakers were reading, and that they should make stuff up.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
All those missing Pokeballs and AT's came in the same package as when Metagross was revealed to do Earthquake, which turned out true. Who knows.

Top Bottom