• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PEOPLE: The "removed"ATs and Pokemon were lies.

dnishimura

Smash Rookie
Think of it this way: We have found removed characters on the disk. Removed Characters that were probably taken out in the games' ALPHA stage. We have dozens of removed music tracks. We even have a removed Assist Trophy in the form of Ridley. If they were unable to remove all that stuff in the middle of the games' development, how were they able to remove a bunch of finished Assist Trophies just days before the games' release? Does that really make sense?
Burb..

When you're working on a game production and it's in a alpha state, you have TIME to think, change, reprogram, add and remove stuff from your work.. when you're near to the deadline, you don't have time to waste searching for 'junk code' and useless resources kept on the program's library. When you have something that's not working properly and you don't have enough time to fix it, you remove it (like those assist trophies). Also happens that, when you change somethings on the game engine, other things that depended on some old code, stop working. That's when (sadly) the development team decide to remove some stuff from the game.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Burb..

When you're working on a game production and it's in a alpha state, you have TIME to think, change, reprogram, add and remove stuff from your work.. when you're near to the deadline, you don't have time to waste searching for 'junk code' and useless resources kept on the program's library. When you have something that's not working properly and you don't have enough time to fix it, you remove it (like those assist trophies). Also happens that, when you change somethings on the game engine, other things that depended on some old code, stop working. That's when (sadly) the development team decide to remove some stuff from the game.
The alleged Rosalina and Sothe Assist Trophies were obviously not there in Alpha....unless the game was still in Alpha in January (which we all know it wasn't...it was completely finished and ready to be shipped in Japan).

Fact remains. Those Assist Trophies were never in. The removal theory is completely ********.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I was just reading through the cut content thread again and couldn't help thinking about this. It's far too big of a coincidence that everything that was spotted at Whobby got cut from the game before release. Why would they create content to show at ONE game show that didn't even get that much coverage?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
All those missing Pokeballs and AT's came in the same package as when Metagross was revealed to do Earthquake, which turned out true. Who knows.
I knows.

They are not there. There's no data for them on the disk, and there sure as hell would be a ton of remnants for them if they were removed in the same month that the game came out. Which, as I've stated several times, is FAR too late to make any huge changes like removing several completely finished Pokemon and Assist Trophies.

Metagross may have been true, but Rosalina, Duster, Sothe, Muddy Mole, Onix, and Regigigas were all lies and/or mistakes in the case of Rosalina, Duster, and Sothe who were actually Gardevoir, Barbara the Bat, and Saki respectively.

And yes, Shadow the Hedgehog is real. Footage of him actually exists, unlike the aforementioned fakes.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
You can't disprove what people saw.
Hoho, but you see it the duty of the people claiming to have seen these ATs to present proof. We have no reason to believe them otherwise. You cannot trust someone on their word alone.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
People....

NONE OF YOU SAW ROSALINA. YOU EITHER MISTOOK GARDEVOIR FOR HER, OR YOU ARE MAKING THINGS UP. THERE IS NO EXISTING FOOTAGE OF HER, BECAUSE SHE WAS NEVER IN THE GAME. SHE WAS NOT AT WHOBBY. WHY THE HELL WOULD SAKURAI JUST RANDOMLY REMOVE A FULL IMPLEMENTED ASSIST TROPHY? NONE OF YOU SAW SOTHE EITHER, IT WAS SAKI. IF THERE WERE REALLY A VIDEO OF ROSALINA AND SOTHE IN ACTION, BY ALL MEANS, FIND IT AND SHOW IT TO ME. PROVE ME WRONG.
My eyesight is perfect. I think Sothe and Duster might've been lies but not Rosalina. There was one vid on youtube from the second part of Whobby that had clear footage of the Rosalina AT in action. She was very similar to Gardevoir and I even mistaked her as such at first when I wasn't looking closely. But when I actually did look closely she was carrying a star wand, the bubble that surrounded her was smaller and healed anyone who was in it, and her model was Rosalina probably ripped straight from Super Mario Galaxy. So I concluded that this was, indeed, ROSALINA.

Maybe she was taken out, who knows? I just know I saw Rosalina.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Youtube FTW.

Unless Nintendo forcibly ripped these Rosalina video sightings from every website on teh Internetz, then I don't see why you attackers can't find a video on her.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
The alleged Rosalina and Sothe Assist Trophies were obviously not there in Alpha....unless the game was still in Alpha in January (which we all know it wasn't...it was completely finished and ready to be shipped in Japan).

Fact remains. Those Assist Trophies were never in. The removal theory is completely ********.
Or maybe they were just programmed in the demo, and weren't added into the actual game in time for the release.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
That makes no sense at all.
Yes it does. I mean they changed how characters work between the various demos and added and removed characters from them. The Demos AREN'T complete games you know. I mean they changed Snake's landmine retroactively in the pics. I mean there IS evidence that Sakurai wasn't quite finished with Brawl before release... I mean there was a WHOLE lot of cut content! Maybe he planned to add them, but Nintendo put the foot down and decided to release the game ASAP?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Youtube FTW.

Unless Nintendo forcibly ripped these Rosalina video sightings from every website on teh Internetz, then I don't see why you attackers can't find a video on her.
I honestly searched youtube and can't find it. Even a keyword like "Whobby" won't give me anything. It was posted somewhere on Smashboards and I've been trying to find the post, but it's kinda hard to look through hundreds of post you aren't even sure has it or not.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hmm..... Lemme see what I can dig up...Gotta be something somewhere...

Edit: Bah, I'm really not seeing anything in the English attempts anyhow.. I bet someone needs to do it in Japanese to actually even get somewhere...

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
I thought AT= advanced technique....
It's both Assist Trophy and Advanced Technique for the moment until we either start calling trophies the Japanese term of Figures or AT's Pro Techniques or something.

Personally, I think that since 90% of the people playing the game have never heard of melee advanced techniques or whatever, AT is going to mean Assist trophy to them, so we should come up with a new term for Advanced Technique.

BUT that's a topic for another thread.

For this thread?

The OP is right.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Bottom line, people. Did any VIDEO proof come out of Whobby at all? Did any of our guys attend that thing.. I know Curbside and one other person went. what ATs and pokemon did they see?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Bottom line, people. Did any VIDEO proof come out of Whobby at all? Did any of our guys attend that thing.. I know Curbside and one other person went. what ATs and pokemon did they see?
There's some vids but hardly. The vid might be on nicovideo but I can only search properly there if I knew Japanese.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Metagross is definitely a pokeball pokemon, one of the first vids of Brawl that came out had it being released on Battlefield.

I could've sworn I saw an old demo vid with Rosalina too, but who knows. Maybe she's just an obscure unlockable trophy, or maybe she just was removed due to time constraints or something. I don't know.

dnishimura

Smash Rookie
The removal theory is completely ********.
I agree... makes no sense to draw an assist trophy, make the model, textures, program it and delete it, unless the character's company ask to remove him (which I doubt 'cause smash is a great franchise).
A game development team have to think in everything before start producing, so, if the character can't make into the game, they won't waste time in his creation. It's obvious.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Also, there's the fact that while a AT may get removed, since it could be defective (why would that many be defective?) but their standard trophy shouldn't be effected by such a situation. As it stands though, there isn't a Roselina trophy, nor is there one for Duster.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
No, no footage of Rosalina exists. None of you saw her in action, because she isn't in the game. I simply BEG of you to find that footage, because I'm sure as hell you won't be able to. Why? Because there is none. SHE IS NOT, NOR WAS SHE EVER IN THE GAME. It's not like every single person who uploaded the "video" said "OH! THE GAMES OUT IN JAPAN NOW. GUESS I SHOULD JUST DELETE ALL THE WHOBBY FOOTAGE, WHICH INCLUDES THE ROSALINA ASSIST TROPHY THAT WAS SOMEHOW REMOVED DAYS BEFORE RELEASE!".

And that "ROSALINA WAS ONLY PROGRAMMED FOR THE DEMO BUT WASN'T ABLE TO BE IN THE RELEASED VERSION" theory is quite possibly the most ******** and idiotic theory I have ever heard. Think about what you say, please.

If she were "defective" or "cut for time constraints", we would have remnants of her on the disk. Again, I ask, why do we have remnants of Ridley's removed Assist Trophy, but absolutley NOTHING for any of the ones supposedly seen at Whobby? The Time Constraint theory is nearly as flawed as the "PROGRAMMED FOR DEMO" theory.....if she were at Whobby and fully useable, then there would be no reason to cut her. Incomplete things get cut due to time constraints. Time Constraints would have no effect on a fully completed and implemented assist trophy.

And again, the game was COMPLETED in January. How (and why) would Sakurai cut a bunch of completed Assist Trophies (and remove all remnants and mentions from the disk), despite it being days before the Japanese Launch, which ALSO MEANS THOUSANDS OF COPIES WERE ALREADY PRINTED. Do you honestly think that makes sense? I noticed all the supporters seem to be avoiding this question. I wonder why..... :laugh:

This whole thing is incredibly stupid. I just cannot fathom why any of you still believe that these trophies were in the game. OOOOHPS! I WENT TO WHOBBY AND SAW A HITLER ASSIST TROPHY! THAT MUST MEAN ITS TRUE, BECAUSE A WHOLE BUNCH OF MY BUDDIES SAW IT TOO! BUT IT'S NOT ON THE DISK BECAUSE SAKURAI DECIDED TO REMOVE IT FOR NO REASON, AND THUS CAUSE ALL THE COPIES OF THE GAME THAT WERE ALREADY PRODUCED TO BE TRASHED, AND PRODUCTION OF COPIES TO BE RESETTED!.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I agree... makes no sense to draw an assist trophy, make the model, textures, program it and delete it, unless the character's company ask to remove him (which I doubt 'cause smash is a great franchise).
A game development team have to think in everything before start producing, so, if the character can't make into the game, they won't waste time in his creation. It's obvious.
^ Agreed.

However, the character's companies wouldn't request their removal, as all the "removed" ones' creators were first party. I doubt Miyamoto-san would allow Sakurai to put Mario and co. in but deny him the right of using Rosalina.

CarpeIppon

Smash Rookie
Multiple people on multiple boards have confirmed seeing the same thing. Rosalina tossing out starbits that you can eat for health. The fact that your stupid moronic *** cannot seem to find a valid reason for the removal is completely irrelevant to what other people have accurately reported seeing. Your logic is solely based on "I cannot believe" which would be better suited in a theological argument, or gamefaqs.

The fact is you have no idea how the final bugtesting/QA was done, and its entirely plausible that a major game crashing bug was found with Rosalina and there wasn't any time to properly test it, so they simply deleted her entire file structure. Its also possible that space itself was a big issue and they came down to some hard choices between removing songs, stages, or completed ATs. Fully textured and animated characters can take up quite a bit of space.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Multiple people on multiple boards have confirmed seeing the same thing. Rosalina tossing out starbits that you can eat for health. The fact that your stupid moronic *** cannot seem to find a valid reason for the removal is completely irrelevant to what other people have accurately reported seeing.
It's basic psychology. It's not that difficult to make someone recall seeing something that wasn't actually there. There have been myriad studies on this phenomenon.

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
Temporary. Soon to be replaced by a zombie-proof
No, no footage of Rosalina exists. None of you saw her in action, because she isn't in the game....AND PRODUCTION OF COPIES TO BE RESETTED!.
thanks for the jibber jabber rebecca, but I actually do remember seeing rosalina in a video. Not as a trophy but as an assist trophy. I don't know how mommy and daddy raised you, but tell people that they are they didn't see something they did see leads me to believe you were mommy and daddy's angel and everything went your way. Time to wake up and understand that that not everything you say, especially generalizations and statements of authority, goes.

While people may not be able to find that video we all saw, it doesn't mean it never existed. It may have been removed. And no one who saw it have recorded a video of the video because they probably believed since she was in the game there would be more videos to come. It is also possible she was removed. But it is by not means true that we didn't see her.

Thanks for making me clear that up for you...:ohwell::smiliegor

*edit*
after reading your post a second time it's become clear you're the kind of person who basks in his own closed minded ignorance. If you haven't seen it or can't see it you are incapable of understanding the possibility it exists. I'm sorry that that personality trait will haunt you for the rest of your life:( For your sake I hope I'm wrong about you

Arshen

Smash Cadet
Someone pointed out that in game development that when you tweak a game's engine, and something doesn't work right, you try to fix it. But what people don't know is that a lot of the times, developers just throw it out because they have to work on OTHER things in the games. That and tweaking other things other than the game engine can make other things screwy as well.

One thing you people here can't seem to realize is that the Demos...they weren't made the same day or the same week they were sent out. They were probably made weeks, maybe even months before being put at the events.

Now putting that theory to test, the removal theory isn't so ******** as people think. At that point it starts to be logical, in a since. Those who have a closed mind about it, need to open their's. More so Burb than anyone else...He needs to because all he seems like is a arrogant jack ***.

Anyways...I saw Rosetta in a video that was taken at the Whobby event. If I knew whatever language that video site I was on, and remembered the name, I'd give you the link. (It was something like youk...yuku...or soemthing like that).

And to those who don't know: Rosetta is Rosalina's Japanese name.

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
Temporary. Soon to be replaced by a zombie-proof
It's basic psychology. It's not that difficult to make someone recall seeing something that wasn't actually there. There have been myriad studies on this phenomenon.
it's very interesting that you bring this up. While very possible to generate a 'false memory' it is usually only an image or short series. In this case we have many people reporting a 3-5 minute video all which had the same or similar event occurring. The more common form of this is a 'modified memory' which can be altered by certain events in ones life or other memories. The fact that so many people are recalling the same thing makes this hypothesis rather unlikely. I'm very glad to see your head is in the right place and thinking the way people should think. :) I won't put this possibility out of mind yet though, it's certainly possible a form of this phenomenon did occur.

*edit*

I didn't want to double post so let me make one more point. We can't pretend to understand the game's coding. The so called disk content may be incomplete or contain parts that looked like nonsense to us non-programmers. So please drop the argument of 'I didn't see ____ in the disk content thread, therefore it was never there'. We did not make the game, the only thing we can hope to understand is what have on our TV screen as we play the game.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
If Rosalina "didn't work", she wouldn't have appeared at Whobby. It's NOTHING like Melee's Ditto (who, surprise surprise, was still present on the disk, unlike Rosalina, who was somehow completely deleted in the span of a half a month).

We've recieved FOUR different stories of what Rosalina did. I've heard she shoots Star Bits as projectiles, shoots Star Bits as healing items like Peach's Peaches, Throws Launch Star Pieces that result in a Dragoon-like item, and that she creates a barrier. Hmmmmm.....

And as for me being "arrogant" for not believing your bull**** stories about seeing a video that you ironically can no longer find due it...you know...not existing and all....I suppose I must be. I wasn't aware that being smart enough to see that these AT's werent in the game makes me arrogant. My sincerest apologies!

The only evidence in your corner is that you've supposedly seen this "video". This same video that I seem to be the only one who hasn't seen. Which is pretty **** strange, as I've seen just about every other Whobby video. Even if this one does exist, how do you know for sure it's Rosalina? As I've stated before, a lot of people thought Barbara the Bat was Duster. Some still even use a video of Barbara as "evidence" for Duster. And all of them end up looking as ignorant as you believers do.

Again. I implore you to find that video. Make me look like a fool. Because you sure as hell are failing at doing so right now.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Considering there is no data of her in the disc, they either took her out or she was never there. Taking her out makes no sense so I'm going to have to believe that everybody has faulty memories.

SomeRandomGuy

Smash Journeyman
This is like saying if i killed you, got rid of all evidence of your body, are you still alive since no one knows your dead(you moved away and there is a machine that sends stuff and answers phones and stuff.)

Top Bottom