• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching! (PROVEN FAKE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterem243

Smash Lord

There's a news that a Wii ware for SSBB will come out called, SSBB :New Challenger.
The channel will provide new characters, new stages, musics, trophies and stickers.
But those are not free. You have to buy them with Wii points.
The points and the release date will be announced soon.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
Is the picture related? If so, translate.

Sounds good if it is cheap. If not, **** you Sakurai.

cheezysnacks

Smash Cadet
... I've been toyed with too much recently to get my hopes all the way up yet, but this is exactly the way Nintendo should be taking advantage of their system. *crosses his fingers*

The-Judge

Banned via Administration
THIS IS GREAT NEWS! You,if you lie, you broke many peoples hopes, man! THIS IS JUST AMAZING!

Arteen

Smash Lord
You could easily have made that up. I won't believe it unless someone trustworthy verifies it.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
this is good, I am hopeing it's not limited to the characters found in the code though, I want Ridley lol.

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
Why would they put it in Famitsu, but not put it in Iwata Asks or Wii commercials?
it might be a secret, it's not like masahiro revealed any secret stuff with iwata! In PUBLIC!! probably just the basic but not secrets like this... Plus this could result to braawl being the last Super Smash Bros. game because there is nothing left to fit in! and he is doing more characters for this one game!!!!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
it might be a secret, it's not like masahiro revealed any secret stuff with iwata! In PUBLIC!! probably just the basic but not secrets like this... Plus this could result to braawl being the last Super Smash Bros. game because there is nothing left to fit in! and he is doing more characters for this one game!!!!
*coughK.Roolcough*

But yeah. Open up the speculation threads!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This is bull.

I don't have much time right now (unless I want to be late to class) but I went through the article and looked for every mention of the word "Wii" and read what followed it. Any mention of a Wii-ware channel or Wii points would require they include the word "Wii" but everytime they said Wii, it was in reference to something else.

I'll leave this thread unlocked (and Masterem unpunished) until someone has more time to confirm that this is 100% pure bull.

Chrnocide

Smash Apprentice
In all seriousness.. didn't Sakurai say nothing like this would happen? Also, there has to be a limit to how many Characters can fit onto the selection screen.. :(!

Anyways, I'm hoping for the latter... downloadable content would be nice ._. ( to an extent )

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Crazy. I'd hate to pay for this kind of stuff. Especially being announced so close to the release of the game it feels like a rip, esp if we have to pay. And I agree, hopefully it's not limited to the unused code on the disc. But I'll think I'll be a big enough sucker for it and it'd be my first Wii store purchace and I've had my Wii for almost a year.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
In all seriousness.. didn't Sakurai say nothing like this would happen? Also, there has to be a limit to how many Characters can fit onto the selection screen.. :(!

Anyways, I'm hoping for the latter... downloadable content would be nice ._. ( to an extent )
It's called an arrow. Push the arrow, new set of characters appear on screen. DUH.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
This is bull. I don't have much time right now (unless I want to be late to class) but I went through the article and looked for every mention of the word "Wii" and read what followed it. Any mention of a Wii-ware channel or Wii points would require they include the word "Wii" but everytime they said Wii, it was in reference to something else.

I'll leave this thread unlocked (and Masterem unpunished) until someone has more time to confirm that this is 100% pure bull.
it would still be nice to tell us what it is anyway

goes and grabs pitchfork.

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
he's planning to make a whole lot of stuff for the Wii-Rare like for example: The Masterpieces update it came from the Wii-Rare right? Well, in my case this is probably true!! Let's just wait for the translators!!!!

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
If it is bull, I don't know.

But if it's real, I wonder how many Wii points will be needed. I don't want to waste lots of money in one single character...

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
it would still be nice to tell us what it is anyway

goes and grabs pitchfork.

let's wait for perfect translators he's going to be late!! (I Think??) w/e it seems true and real for masahiro to do this as the fact of he doing the masterpieces, that comes from Wii-Rare!!!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
If it is bull, I don't know.

But if it's real, I wonder how many Wii points will be needed. I don't want to waste lots of money in one single character...
Well, I'm guessing the characters may come in "sets." For example, K. Rool, Krystal, and Mewtwo would come in a set costing , say, 500.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Well, I'm guessing the characters may come in "sets." For example, K. Rool, Krystal, and Mewtwo would come in a set costing , say, 500.
Maybe sets of certain series characters?

...Eh, no. But better not get hyper up and later get dissapointed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom