• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Advanced Tech - Gliding Toss

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
You can name it whatever you'd like, this was originally hinted at me by Ikki the japanese pro, but since he's not on smashboards, and I confirmed it today, I'm posting it.

Basically, if you're holding an item and you roll forward and press A in the middle, the result will be the character gliding weirdly instead of rolling and throwing the item very quickly in the middle while advancing a considerable distance.

best attempted by Peach's turnips, works for all characters and all items as far as I know.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
you might be able to use the bomb as a smokescreen so they can't see what move you are doing or just for slight mindgame, especially with the smaller toon link who has the thick cell shaded bomb smoke.

yolky

Smash Rookie
I think this is a DeDeDe exsclusive chaingrab, only effective on heavy characters. I really haven't seen it used with any other characters, and never noticed him holding an item. Vids would be appreciated though..

ynnek123

Smash Ace
I think this is a DeDeDe exsclusive chaingrab, only effective on heavy characters. I really haven't seen it used with any other characters, and never noticed him holding an item. Vids would be appreciated though..
He used the dthrow CG against a pikachu in some vid, but pika escaped after 2 throws.

edit: you cant hold waddle dees or pikmin

I.T.P

Smash Ace
this has nothing to do with DDD's chaingrab, this is a glitch that glides you forward while throwing an item with all characters with invincible frames, It's basically the Length of a forward roll only without the lag or the turnaround

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
So all the characters with items have just basically gained a wavedash, but with invincibility frames? That's freakin' awesome!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
So all the characters with items have just basically gained a wavedash, but with invincibility frames? That's freakin' awesome!
It's close to a wavedash, but it's a bit laggy in the end, It's more of an advancing fast throw for items. it's not as good as it sounds, but it's pretty cool

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Why not call it the "roll toss" or the "glide toss"?

'Throw' is going to get people confused about it being a grab.

S2

Smash Lord
Very interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing the vid.

I suppose it'll benefit item producing characters the most like Peach, ZSS (armor), ROB, etc.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Point Taken.

how about "Gliding toss"?
Sounds great to me.

... Well, if I really wanted to nitpick I'd say people would get it confused with the glide too. :laugh:
But this should work if no one thinks of a suitable alternative.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well, why not call it a "Wave Toss"? Closest thing to a Wave Dash that we've got so far. Lolz. I think that sounds fitting.

Ummm... can we get a list of who can do it on their own?

So far we have:
Peach, Link, Toon Link, Wario (bike parts), Zamus (post-FS, Varia Suit parts)

Can Diddy hold his banana peels?
Does it work with Snake and his 'nades?
Also, I heard that Diddy's peanuts can be caught, (full shell directly from the pop gun, not the ones that crack on the floor) can you hold/throw those, too? Or do you eat them instantaneously?

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
i just tried it. i just do a rolling dodge and hit a in the middle? it didn't work.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Awesome. You da man.

Also, my vote goes to Slide Toss or Wave Toss.
Gliding is already a technique, so naming it Glide Toss will just get confusing.
I think if in the video the character actually lifts off the ground or cancels the roll animation adn just... glides that name is better but if not then slide/wave toss is better.

I'm really interested to see this it sounds very interesting.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
Awesome. You da man.

Also, my vote goes to Slide Toss or Wave Toss.
Gliding is already a technique, so naming it Glide Toss will just get confusing.
SKID MISSILE (missile as in projectile, play on the word scud missile)

I agree that gliding is also already a move

the only problem I see with wave toss is that wavedashing is out so some people might be confused

skid because your skidding along the ground.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
SKID MISSILE (missile as in projectile, play on the word scud missile)

I agree that gliding is also already a move

the only problem I see with wave toss is that wavedashing is out so some people might be confused

skid because your skidding along the ground.
Yea, but since there's no Wavedashing in Brawl, I don't think that should make much of a difference.

But y'know what? F**K WAVE TOSS! Skid Missile kicks WAY more butt than whatever anybody else has said!

Wouldn't Link and YLink hurt themselves in the middle if they threw their bombs? >_>
Well, as long as the bomb doesn't land where you do I think you should be fine. Wouldn't it land ahead of you?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
it'd be great if you were close enough to an opponent to combo by hitting them with the projectile and immediately go into a grab

--kickass.
That sounds like it would work for Link and his bombs at really low levels thanks to his extended grab, which is good for me because he's my main, but I think there's too much lag after the throw? Something like that was metioned? Somewhere? Right? (Quick! Someone back me up on this!

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
That sounds like it would work for Link and his bombs at really low levels thanks to his extended grab, which is good for me because he's my main, but I think there's too much lag after the throw? Something like that was metioned? Somewhere? Right? (Quick! Someone back me up on this!
hmm, probably, ****, well some other characters might be able to do it too. I was hoping for Link also, I guess we'll have to wait and see, Toon Link is faster right? so it might just be enough time.

here's hoping.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
hmm, probably, ****, well some other characters might be able to do it too. I was hoping for Link also, I guess we'll have to wait and see, Toon Link is faster right? so it might just be enough time.

here's hoping.
Good point about Toon Link.

Ummm... does a character's traction have any bearing on the distance traveled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom