• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord

Marth After Pikachu
G&W After Marth
Luigi After G&W
Falco Between Dedede & P. Trainer
Snake Between Ike and Peach
Lucario between Dedede and Bowser
Ness between Dedede and Bowser

Falcon and Olimar should be switched but that's one error in a bunch of right calls.

---

This started out on the "Japanese Everything" thread and people agreed. It later was heavily disputed by some and it really needs a new thread.

Here's the basic theory, starting from way back when. The theory starts off with, all characters are no longer jumbled as you unlocked them or have ? marks. They're slid in. There's a preset character icon order.

Here it's:
Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Diddy, Pit, Metaknight, Ike, Peach, Yoshi, Sonic, Bowser

Now to Whobby

Mario, Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Diddy, Metaknight, Ike, Peach, Yoshi, Dedede, Bowser, Wario

Which leads us to:
Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Diddy, Pit, Metaknight, Ike, Peach, Yoshi, Sonic/Dedede, Bowser, Wario

We don't know if Sonic of Dedede comes first because they were both removed at the same time.

On the 21st at 12PM, this MOCK UP image was posted on GameFAQs showing what the correct order would be on the final roster:

There is disagreement saying the Rob picture in the mock up would be from Star Fox not the NES accessory.

All the character orders are in correct, that we know so far. Also, it says Dedede comes before Sonic.

12 hours later, this image came up on 2chan

And now this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VxrQiCz4_o

The above mock up correctly positioned:
  • Zelda between Diddy and Pit
  • Ice Climbers before Dedede.
  • Olimar after Wario
  • Lucas as last of the Dojo confirmed players.
Also, on top of this, it's exactly 35 characters and all characters conform to Nyasenya and the NeoGaf member's predictions. Also, the characters are all aligned vertically with other characters from their franchise.

There was a big dispute on the other thread saying all the above could have easily been falsified and the rest as "lucky guesses". I see this as another Dragoon prophecy (on another note, this roster doesn't conflict with the Dragoon prophet) and I think this is pretty much the roster pending full verification of the 2Chan Image.

Debunking the theory:
I'm making this section here because I am not saying this is 100% factual truth. This is a theory and as such it can be wrong.
Here's the list:
  1. Chronobound made up this roster and had admitted it to be fake.
    False. Chronobound did compile the list of 35 characters but he didn't make the mockup. He also didn't say the list is false. He just said it as a "I called it first!" for the world to recognize he was right (if in fact this turns out to be correct).
  2. It's a theory and because it's a theory it must be false.
    False. It's a theory. Also, just because it's a theory doesn't mean it can be wrong. Theories, by definition, is something that hasn't been proven wrong (yet).
  3. The picture of fake! The who thing is so obviously fake. You can tell because...
    True. Yes the picture is a fake. You're completely right. Give yourself a pat on the back if you figured this out by yourself. Now smack yourself for not reading where it's said it's a mock up picture. The point of the mock up picture is to show what the list will probably look like.
  4. R.O.B. won't be a playable character because he's an SSE enemy.
    False. There are plenty of games where you can play as characters that are enemies or minor characters by unlocking them. For example: Some Star Wars Games (as Sith or Storm Trooper) Devil May Cry 3, Viewtiful Joe, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. There are also games were you can unlock and play as a minor NPC.
  5. This list is fake because my favorite character, <insert favorite character>, isn't on the list
    Shut up.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We debunked any roster that had R.O.B. in it by common sense. The complete roster is soooo not revealed. Could it still be 35 characters? Yes, but will it have R.O.B. (either one), NO!

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
it's fake.

end of discussion
Sorry, but it's not fake until it's proven fake.

But in the exact same vein, it's not real until proven, and personally i don't think there's enough evidence to support it yet.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
We debunked any roster that had R.O.B. in it by common sense. The complete roster is soooo not revealed. Could it still be 35 characters? Yes, but will it have R.O.B. (either one), NO!
Please READ before posting. Rob from Star Fox not the NES accessory.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how anyone can be mad about this. Sure, we have only 35 characters, but we also have Subspace, Stage Builder, and a plethora of other modes that can keep us occupied for a long time.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
one of the R.O.B's appears to be a trophy in that coin launcher screen shot (the one from starfox), the other (the NES accessory) is an enemy of the subspace emisary. thats all i need to make a verdict

spindash

Smash Ace
Soon enough this thread will be shut down. And not because it's right and the case is closed.

The opposite. R.O.B. is deconfirmed, therefore the roster is debunked. In my eyes. Let's wait and see.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
R.O.B. the accessory can be collected by the trophy stand item as a generic enemy is SSE. OUT!

R.O.B. 64 can be seen collected in the Coin Launcher mini game.. OUT...

Here's a pic for the last one:

CapnJack

Smash Cadet
The only one of those leakers who might have credibility when it comes to this is the girl who didn't predict ROB. Since the rest predicted ROB, and we've clearly shown that it's HIGHLY UNLIKELY that ROB could be playable AT ALL, that roster can't be accurate. I doubt there are only 35 characters, but even if there are, we can rest assured that we have

NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE.

:D

Read more about that here!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Soon enough this thread will be shut down. And not because it's right and the case is closed.

The opposite. R.O.B. is deconfirmed, therefore the roster is debunked. In my eyes. Let's wait and see.
You're the second person. READ. THe mockup is wrong. It's supposed to be Rob from Star Fox.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
Shortfuse, between all the prophets that are collaborating on this 35-roster...which ones are claiming ROB64 from starfox, and which ones are claiming R.O.B. the accessory?

theoryC

Smash Rookie
The above mock up correctly positioned:
Dedede before Sonic
Zelda between Diddy and Pit
Olimar after Wario
Lucas as last of the Dojo confirmed players.

Also, on top of this, it's exactly 35 characters and all characters conform to Nyasenya and the NeoGaf member's predictions. Also, the characters are all aligned vertically with other characters from their franchise.
Thanks for showing how weak your case is. DDD before Sonic? Olimar after Wario? Dude, they're not even by the same intervals in either pic. Seriously, that's some weak-*** evidence you got there.

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
ShortFuse, They are talking about both R.O.B. and ROB64. ROB64's trophy is found in one of the screens of the new trophy game. However trends from previous games really doesn't debunk anything in Brawl.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Hold on...have MarkMan, Reno, and the like specifically said that ROB refers to the Star Fox character?

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
The only thing that's definently fake here is that mock-up.

The 21 roster looks completely legit and the new Zelda icon with Sheik is plenty convincing of that on it's own.

However the 35 roster leak may be false with the exception of NES ROB who I've learned from my own source will actually be a playable character. Yeah... I couldn't believe it either at first but despite being a minion for the Ancient Minister... ROB could still be a playable character. A serious WTF for sure but still possible.

It's not ROB64 like some variations of the leak list say.

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
I think you're the one who needs to read, ShortFuse.

R0B StarFox debunked, unless we can get character trophies through other means.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
ROB from Starfox? I'm sorry. But if I missed something... why would he be in Smash? I mean, I've heard of wtf characters but he just seems to far off.

I'd say fake.

Marzy

Smash Cadet
It's pretty obvious that the second image is a fake, but the other two aren't. If this is the final starting roster, I'm pretty much happy with it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Short Fuse, not to be mean, but are you BLIND? Rob from Star Fox is in the COIN LAUNCHER MINI GAME as a TROPHY. Debunked as a PC as you can get.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Thanks for showing how weak your case is. DDD before Sonic? Olimar after Wario? Dude, they're not even by the same intervals in either pic. Seriously, that's some weak-*** evidence you got there.
Yeah, I fixed the Sonic thing. But the Olimar after Wario is confirmed by the 2chan pic. READ THE POST. Characters are slid in, not jumbled as in melee or ? marks as in 64.

ROB and wolf in over Krystal? Now that's just stupid...

As have said before though, Ness and Sonic are both already confirmed, so I'm happy

spindash

Smash Ace
You're the second person. READ. THe mockup is wrong. It's supposed to be Rob from Star Fox.
Oh I did. I read and I looked at photo evidence. Evidence that you seem to be neglecting like a blind man without his walking cane.

Others have debunked this before me, but look at R.O.B. 64 in the Coin Launcher update. Trophies of characters are always unlocked via Classic, Adventure, and would COULD be assumed to be the return of All-Star.

I read. Perhaps you should look at what evidence the opposition provides before you jump to conclusions on me.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe there's not a set character position and the icon size/positions change in the final game?

Something like that isn't unheard of, and there isn't any hard evidence outside of speculation to support this. And yes, address the ROB 64 being in the trophy launcher.

I'm heavily doubting you can cop-out and get character trophies like that.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
::sigh:: the 35 character list is a MOCK UP. of course it's "fake"

As for the coin launcher, I don't see why getting a trophy of a character means he's not playable. there are stickers of characters as well. Proof? You can trophies of playable character in Melee...

people are saying R.O.B. is disconfirmed because he's an enemy. I don't care for it really, but... proof?

I didn't know ROB was completely disconfirmed as possible since the Leaks Index thread doesn't mention it.

Marzy

Smash Cadet
It's pretty obvious that the second image is a fake, but the other two aren't. If this is the final starting roster, I'm pretty much happy with it.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Hey *******! How about YOU read?! Look at the post where it clearly shows Starfox ROB as a trophy collectible from the coin launcher, not as a game mode character trophy.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Funny how so many of the supposed final roster screens are so similar. Remember the leaker PortraitOfRuin?

Here's what she said:

PortraitOfRuin said:
Someguy15 yes on all those

sorry i dont even visit the dojo

This is the order of how it looks like on the versus screen...

Mario | Donkey Kong | Link | Samus | Kirby | Fox | Pikachu | Marth | Mr. G&W

Luigi | Diddy Kong | Zelda | Pitt | Meta Knight | Falco | Pokemon Trainer | Ike | Solid Snake

Peach | Yoshi | Ganondorf | Ice Climbers | King Dedede | Lucario | Ness | Sonic | Bowser

Wario | WW Link | R.O.B. | Olimar | Captain Falcon | Wolf | Jigglypuff | Lucas |Random

I don't want to argue anymore with anyone after this, even if some ppl have been rude! I always try to be nice as possible ^_^ ... So this is all I'm revealing. Please check with your JPN copies when you receive it, you'll see I was right. I might be off on one or two of the placements, I did this one quickly off memory!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
No, THE ROSTER the whole mock up roster is FAKE. Reno, Markman, any prophet with R.O.B. as a character in their roster. FAKE.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
there's still confusion over which ROB is being speculated by which leaker out of the super group of prophets that seem to be in agreement over a final roster.

wait...that would mean that they're not really in agreement at all.

who is saying which ROB?

Cranky Kong

Smash Rookie
lmao, it's amazing how many people here and on GameFAQs don't realize that the picture is a mock-up...

No, THE ROSTER the whole mock up roster is FAKE. Reno, Markman, any prophet with R.O.B. as a character in their roster. FAKE.
When and how was NES ROB debunked? Because it's an enemy in SSE? ...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It does not matter...no R.O.B. can logically be playable..any roster with any R.O.B. is now debunk...wrong...not right. Not happening. Geez, people read.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Calm down. Whether you want to believe it or not, trophies do not 100% confirm whether a character is in or not. Have you forgotten that there are often different versions of trophies?

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
ShortFuse, stop ignoring the ROB debunking.

NES ROB = General enemy in SSE. Trophy can be gained by using the trophy stand item, as it can be used on other enemies.

StarFox ROB = A trophy collectable in the coin launcher minigame.

If Melee is a standard to follow then character trophies will NOT be earned through any other means other than completing single player modes (classic, adventure, whatever). They will NOT be available via other means.

If that is no longer true, then sure, StarFox ROB and/or NES ROB are possible player characters. However, if the original standard of Melee PLAYABLE CHARACTER trophy collection remains, then it makes NO SENSE that NES ROB and StarFox ROB would have their trophies collected differently.

Thus, both characters debunked as playable, assuming the Melee formula remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom