• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a very serious question about Sheik's gender!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

We all know that Sheik is Zelda in disguise, why are people arguing that Sheik is a guy? It is just plain fact from day one that Sheik is a girl in disguise.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Those who think Sheik is a guy have never played Ocarina of Time. It's just that simple, and we should truly pity them.

D

Deleted member

I'm just not understanding why ANYONE EVER thought it was a guy. Zelda turns into Sheik with a disguise in both Melee and Ocarina of Time. How did anyone EVER get confused? I didn't think there was any question then I saw a lot of stupid posts on here and GameFAQs saying it was a guy and it actually boggles my mind how anyone could be so dumb.

Youko: I thought of that, but what did they think was happening in Melee, Zelda was teleporting away and teleporting some guy in to fight for her?

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
For the love of God, someone lock this thread.
Sheik is a she, why people thought anything else is of no consequence. They were wrong. Lets move on.

Move along.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
Thank you Youko, now close the topic and sticky it please.

(Just kidding)

D

Deleted member

For the love of God, someone lock this thread.
Sheik is a she, why people thought anything else is of no consequence. They were wrong. Lets move on.

Move along.
Obviously a lot of people still haven't gotten the memo yet and I'd love for this to clue them in.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the argument isn't that Zelda is a guy. We all know Sheik is Zelda in disguise. The common argument is that since Sheik is a made-up persona, Sheik IS a male.

For example, if my sister played the role of Macbeth, Macbeth would still be a guy, even though the person pretending to be him is a girl. This is because the fictional character is made to be male.

Of course then there are also the nutjobs that actually argue vehemently that Zelda uses magic to grow a pair. Idk. Don't look that far into it.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Those who think Sheik is a guy have never played Ocarina of Time. It's just that simple, and we should truly pity them.
Ignorance is really the only reason for anyone thinking Sheik is a guy.

Like i've said before, if I (as a male) dress up like a girl... Does that make me a girl? The answer... NO!!! Why the crap would it!?!?!?

Novus

Smash Apprentice
"Like i've said before, if I (as a male) dress up like a girl... Does that make me a girl? The answer... NO!!! Why the crap would it!?!?!?"

If you dressed up as WonderWoman, would that make WonderWoman a man? No.

D

Deleted member

Actually, the argument isn't that Zelda is a guy. We all know Sheik is Zelda in disguise. The common argument is that since Sheik is a made-up persona, Sheik IS a male.

For example, if my sister played the role of Macbeth, Macbeth would still be a guy, even though the person pretending to be him is a girl. This is because the fictional character is made to be male.

Of course then there are also the nutjobs that actually argue vehemently that Zelda uses magic to grow a pair. Idk. Don't look that far into it.
That has to be the worst "logic" I've ever heard and I hope you are just explaining what others believe and not what you believe. >_>

RayJT9

Smash Rookie
I don't normally (read: Never) post here, and I'm by no means defending the "SHIEK IS A MAN!" argument, but this all stems from the original Japanese Ocarina of Time manga, where it is stated that Impa used magic to transform Zelda into a boy.

*re-lurks*

--Ray

Novus

Smash Apprentice
"That has to be the worst "logic" I've ever heard and I hope you are just explaining what others believe and not what you believe. >_>"

Then by all means, back yourself up. Don't come and insult people's logic without having any of your own.
If you REALLY want to get into it, yeah, I do believe that the character of Sheik is specifically male, because Zelda made up the character, and decided it was male. That simple.

PLEASE. Break my horrible logic.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Actually it isn't bad logic. The Sheik persona IS male. It is supposed to be male, and everyone is supposed to think it is male. Whether the person wearing the costume is male or female should not be debated, Zelda is a girl, and Zelda is the one who wears the Sheik costume. Now, if Link were to don a, say, Princess Zelda costume and pretend to be her, the Zelda Persona is still female, it is supposed to be female, and everyone is supposed to think it's female. But the person under the costume would be a male.

D

Deleted member

Then by all means, back yourself up. Don't come and insult people's logic without having any of your own.
If you REALLY want to get into it, yeah, I do believe that the character of Sheik is specifically male, because Zelda made up the character, and decided it was male. That simple.

PLEASE. Break my horrible logic.
Yes, Zelda is DISGUISED as a male, so SHE WANTS people to be tricked into thinking she is a male.

The bottom line though? Does she have a male genitalia? NO. She is a FEMALE no matter what she tricks people into thinking and calling her a male is stupid unless Sheik tricked you as well as the people in the game.

And the manga doesn't mean ****. Does it say that is canon anywhere? I'll bet if you call NoA they will say she is a girl. Get over it.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I think the main case behind people thinking Shiek was a guy was because Zelda used MAGIC to transform into him and back... thanks to Shiek's abilty to actually fool the Hero of Time with this magical disguise and his rather different apperance and an almost complete lack of voice dialouge, most people were convinced it was a magical transformation, rather than just magical makeup.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
I like her new model. It's much more feminine...
Actually, that's one of the reasons I don't like the new model, her face looks alot more like a male's even if her body looks more feminine, the face is what people notice first in video games, rather than end the debate, this will just ignite it anew.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
"Yes, Sheik is DISGUISED as a male"
No. He isn't. Zelda is.

The Adder understands. His example is perfect.

If Link dressed up as Zelda, Zelda would suddenly be a man?

I'm talking personas here.

Sheik is a man, and Zelda is disguised as him.

D

Deleted member

Actually, that's one of the reasons I don't like the new model, her face looks alot more like a male's even if her body looks more feminine, the face is what people notice first in video games, rather than end the debate, this will just ignite it anew.
Unfortunately there really is no debate...there is just those who are right (she's female) and those who are desperately grasping at that stupid idea for a reason that completely alludes me. I so no reason why they pursue this quest of stupidity.

Nalafein

Smash Cadet
its a she, everyone knows it. But it seems that some think otherwise, or just want it that way.

D

Deleted member

"Yes, Sheik is DISGUISED as a male"
No. He isn't. Zelda is.

The Adder understands. His example is perfect.

If Link dressed up as Zelda, Zelda would suddenly be a man?

I'm talking personas here.

Sheik is a man, and Zelda is disguised as him.
Does Sheik have male genitalia?

No, therefore it isn't a man. It is a person DISGUISED as a man. If I disguise as a woman, I'm still a man. STFU

It doesn't matter what the "persona" is. The fact is the person is a female no matter how you slice it. Everyone knows it is someone disguising is a male, but the fact is the person in the disguise is a female.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Sheik is DISGUISED as a male, so SHE WANTS people to be tricked into thinking she is a male.
Actually, Sheik isn't disguised as anything, Sheik doesn't exist in the Zelda world except has a fictional character created by Princess Zelda. Zelda masquerades as said fictional character. Said fictional charcater doesn't masquerade as itself.

D

Deleted member

Actually, Sheik isn't disguised as anything, Sheik doesn't exist in the Zelda world except has a fictional character created by Princess Zelda. Zelda masquerades as said fictional character. Said fictional charcater doesn't masquerade as itself.
Or it was just a typo that you could over analyze in desperation due to your lack of a solid argument?

Typo fixed, no try replying to the things I actually said instead of trying to find a scapegoat.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
My logic is horrible? And your logic, in a nutshell is, what?

"I'm right, no matter how you look at it. STFU"

I'm not arguing with a virgin over the gender of Sheik. Sheik is a male. Zelda is dressed up as him. Get over it.

" If I disguise as a woman, I'm still a man. STFU"
Yeah, ******, but the woman you're dressed up as is A WOMAN.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Or it was just a typo that you could over analyze in desperation due to your lack of a solid argument?

Typo fixed, no try replying to the things I actually said instead of trying to find a scapegoat.
What you don't seem to understand is that no one is arguing that the person under the cotume is male. What they are arguing is that the character is supposed to appear male, which you cannot argue against since it is stated fact, and that, since said character doesn't exist in the world it is in it is therefore male, while the person pretending to be said fictional charcater is female.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
heres the thing---

In Oot, Zelda disguised herself as a man... to not leave any dount that she wasnt a guy.

It was also planned this way by the dev team, maybe to hide her personality until the very last moment the player finally discovered who "he" was.

Now, a lot of years has passed....and the ture self of sheik is not a mystery anymore, so there is not needed that much resemblance with a guy to keep her secret-

Above all, everyone and their mom can notice that sheik in fact looks like a guy...and someone which is not familiar with the zelda series will obviusly think that is a guy.

Im very sure that this time the brawl crew decided to finally end this misconception and give sheik a female body... which IMO was the way it should have gone since OoT.

D

Deleted member

My logic is horrible? And your logic, in a nutshell is, what?

"I'm right, no matter how you look at it. STFU"

I'm not arguing with a virgin over the gender of Sheik. Sheik is a male. Zelda is dressed up as him. Get over it.

" If I disguise as a woman, I'm still a man. STFU"
Yeah, ******, but the woman you're dressed up as is A WOMAN.
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Thank you for giving me a fantastic laugh!

And the virgin comment, original AND priceless! You sir, are an hero.

D

Deleted member

What you don't seem to understand is that no one is arguing that the person under the cotume is male. What they are arguing is that the character is supposed to appear male, which you cannot argue against since it is stated fact, and that, since said character doesn't exist in the world it is in it is therefore male, while the person pretending to be said fictional charcater is female.
Yes, they are disguised as a male, no one argued that.

The fact is if someone tore Sheik's clothes off, it's a woman. It doesn't matter if Zelda is disguised as a monkey, she's still a human female.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. I thought you'd laugh it off and ignore my argument. Thanks for the cement for me to exit on.

D

Deleted member

Thanks. I thought you'd laugh it off and ignore my argument. Thanks for the cement for me to exit on.
There was no argument, Zelda has no male genitalia, you are wrong and have some fetish with wanting Sheik to be a man to fulfill your homoerotic fantasies, I just can't entertain those thoughts for you! :chuckle::laugh:

Novus

Smash Apprentice
"The fact is if someone tore Sheik's clothes off, it's a woman. It doesn't matter if Zelda is disguised as a monkey, she's still a human female."

YEAH, WE KNOW THAT.

No one is saying Zelda is a male, god ****it.

We're saying the person Zelda is dressed up as is male. What exactly don't you understand about it?

Let me use the same example as before, but this time, before you blabber out an answer, think about it.

If you dressed up as Wonder Woman, would that make Wonder Woman a male?
NO. It would just be a male PRETENDING to be that female.

SHeik is a male and Zelda is pretending to be that male.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Yes, they are disguised as a male, no one argued that.

The fact is if someone tore Sheik's clothes off, it's a woman. It doesn't matter if Zelda is disguised as a monkey, she's still a human female.
1. She's a Hylian female

2. ****ing DUH, that's what we've been saying you dense failure.
Zelda = Woman.
Sheik=Doesn't exist.
Those who don't exist = Whatever their creators want them to be.
Zelda wants Sheik to be a male.
Sheik Persona = Male.
Person Under Costume = Zelda = Female

Get it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom