• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sauga Presentz: ~The Alphamale Biweekliez!~ ' Next Date: TBA MELEEE!

What's your vote for Bimonthly name?

• The Alphamale Bimonthlies

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Unleash Your Madnan!! Bimonthlies

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Adnan DOES HATE getting stroked

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • *insert the name of some seriously gay club + Chocolate *****es*

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
As Smash grows within the areas of Mississauga and other regions around GTA, the demand for a tournament grows. The number of people who play Melee or Brawl continues to rise, and as your regional tournament director..

Sauga Presentz: The Alphamale Biweeklies

We usually run each game on seperate dates. So that being said, the upcoming schedule looks like:
Next Melee Event: TBA
Next Brawl Event: TBA

Colors are HAWT

Gonna swipe off this **** from the Smashturbation thread so yeah. hahaha.

Ctrl + F and type in what you need to clarify.

1. Location and Bus/Driving directions
2. Entry fee and Schedule
3. Melee and Brawl rulesets
4. Additional Rules (All newcomers MUST read this!!!)

1. Location and Bus/Driving directions

The Next Biweekly: Saturday, April 19th, 2008

Location of this wonderful event::
5363 Richborough Drive.
Postal Code will be posted later, but this info should be good

Seriously Adnan, how the **** do I get there?:

Easy.

BUS DIRECTIONS FROM TORONTO AREA:

- Take a bus to any bus station.
- Take the Subway to the Westbound - Eastbound line.
- Take the Subway West to Islington (Or east from Kipling)
- Go up and go towards the Mississauga Transit area
- Take the 26 bus to Squareone. The 3 and the 20 also go to Squareone so take any of the 3 that come by.
- Get off @ Sq1 and take the 10 Bus
- On the 10 bus get off @ Ceromonial and BRISTOL. NOT HURONTARIO. The Ceromonial street is as straight as David, so be sure to get off at the right stop. Ceromonial/Bristol!
- From there you would cross the street (Cross once to the direction where the bus is going, and the other across the other side of the street which would be left)
- Walk towards Richbrough and once you get on it, take a right
- Walk down the street and stop at 5363

BUS DIRECTIONS FROM THE SAUGA AREA:

- We're awesome.
- Take any bus from your areas to Bristol or go to Sq1 and take the 10
- *If you live west of Mavis, you take the 10 bus that goes towards Sq1*
- On the 10 bus get off @ Ceromonial and BRISTOL. NOT HURONTARIO. The Ceromonial street is as straight as David, so be sure to get off at the right stop. Ceromonial/Bristol!
- From there you would cross the street (Cross once to the direction where the bus is going, and the other across the other side of the street which would be left)
- Walk towards Richbrough and once you get on it, take a right
- Walk down the street and stop at 5363

WHEN YOU'RE LEAVING:

This is just something for you guys. For those busing home I will be posting each of the buses' last bus arrivals.

*These stops are for the date of: April 19th, 08

TO GET TO SQ1:

10 Bristol S to sq1 - 9:33 PM
68 Windsor Mill to sq1 - 11:32 <- This bus is REAL close to the house, compared to the other stops
34 Eglinton West E to sq1 - 11:55 PM

FROM SQ1 TO ISLINGTON SUBWAY:

20 Rathburn E - 10:46
26 Burnhamthorpe E - 2:13 AM
3 Bloor E - 1:00 AM

IF YOU'RE DRIVING HERE:

- I'll get back to you, lol.

I'm not gonna explain how to use Mapquest on this, it's basic **** guys.

2. ENTRY FEE + SCHEDULE

Cost for each event:

*FOR POUND 3 PREP

Singles: $5 per person
Doubles: $5 per person/$10 per team

*ON THE NORM

Singles: $5 per person
Doubles: $10 per team

Pot. Distribution
60/30/10 for Singles (depending on numbers)
80/20 for doobz

How things will run:

2:00 - 2:30 - Warm ups/Friendlies
2:30 - 4:30 - Everyone is expected to be there at this time. Pools will commence
4:30- 5:30 - Doubles begin
5:30 - 6:30 - Eatting time
6:30 - 8:30 - Singles Bracketz go up!
From there on we can decide on friendly crews/crews tournament or just plain friendlies

**Things might run off of schedule =/ but if we get everyone making it on time, we can get **** done earlier. And depending on the circumstances, we might start later. But everyone will get a notice.

Note for Pools: If we have less than 4 setups and we havemore than 30 people I will seed people by their skill MYSELF and maybe the help of Nate and Mike. But whether or not we do pools depends on the ratio of PEOPLE:TVS. So Setups would be sexy.

3. MELEE and BRAWL ruleset

From here on will be the ruleset and layout of the tournament.

CotS! C+P sweetnessss.

MELEE

Rules:

Singles

Format:

- There will be pools with an x number of attendants
- Top 4-5 make it out
- Respected players are then placed into the bracket

Elimination:

- Double elimination. (With the exception of Crews, possibly)

Match Rules:

- All matches are best-of-three. Winner's Finals and Loser's Finals are best-of-five.
- Grand Finals will be a best of 5 sets. (Loser needs to win twice, y'know.)
- All matches are 4 stock with an eight minute time limit.
- Sudden Death will not be played. Ties are broken by stock, if at the same stock it'll be decided by percentage.
- Items will, of course, be OFF.

Stage Selection:

- After characters are chosen for the first match, both players can knock out one stage for the duration of the set.
- Unless all players can agree on a stage, the first stage of a regular set will be randomly selected.
- Dave's stupid modified rule.

Character Selection:

- A double blind pick may be called at any time during any set. Tournament staff will judge the selection.
- After each match, the loser may pick the next stage (or go random). After this decision is made, the winner of the previous match may change characters. Afterwards, the loser of the previous match may change characters.

Teams

Format: All teams will enter standard elimination brackets.

Elimination: Double elimination.

Special Team Rules:
- Team Attack is ON.
- Life stealing is allowed.
- Bracket might be made by seeding which will be talked through with the panelists/staff most likely myself

All other rules that apply to singles apply to teams as well.

Stage Listing

Singles/Crews

The following stages are available for random select for singles:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are available for counterpick for singles:

- All random stages
- Rainbow Cruise
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Poké Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Mute City

The following stages are banned from singles:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Mushroom Kingdom II
- Flatzone
- Icicle Mountain
- Princess Peach's Castle
- Great Bay
- Green Greens
- Venom
- Hyrule Temple
- Yoshi's Island
- Yoshi's Story 64
- Onett
- Fourside
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths

Teams

The following stages are available for random select for teams:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are available for counterpick for teams:

- All random stages
- Rainbow Cruise
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle
- Mushroom Kingdom II
- Poké Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Great Bay
- Fourside (I found this stage to be allowed in doubles. I might change this, but right now I like the idea. Might change it to random)

The following stages are banned from teams:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Fountain of Dreams
- Flatzone
- Icicle Mountain
- Princess Peach's Castle
- Mute City
- Venom
- Hyrule Temple
- Yoshi's Island
- Yoshi's Story 64
- Onett
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths
- Green Greens

BRAWL

TBA.

Rules for BOTH games

Other Rules:
*Wobbling is allowed.
Modded controllers are not allowed lol. Third-party controllers are allowed, but you cannot use their programmable functions. Disqualification will follow if discovered. And there will be NO mercy on this one. I mean disqualification from the event. Painted controllers are allowed .

Nothing outside of wobbling that stalls a match is allowed, nothing. Freeze-glitch, wallbombing, pounds around the arena are not allowed. Doing so can lead to match forfeiture.

Coaching is allowed between matches, nothing too loud. Don't have it distracting the other player. Talking, sneering, and giggling from coaches is allowed, just try not get too loud.

Trash talking Is allowed as long as its friendly. Respect the players. No fighting, no rough stuff, no overly abusive language or yelling...you know the deal. Be nice, and try to be a good sport about losing. No johns please, and if you are going to john make it discreet. We don't sourpusses to ruin our day. You know who you are. Let's just try to have fun @ this **** :]]

Please bring your own controller. Please lol.

* - only for Melee lol

4. Additional Rules

Also, a couple of house rules for this.

1. Pick up after yourselves
2. Deodorant. Use please and thank you. :] Unless you want to get embarassed by a certain someone's sister. I kid you not!
3. No running around/******* around. Seriously

ADDITIONAL HOUSE RULES!

1. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is it okay for anyone to just walk-in without knocking/ringing the doorbell. I can understand it was different with David's biweeklies but it's not cool here guys. Show respect; ring or knock

2. Beverages will NO longer be distributed, nor small snacks. People can't randomly pick at the food supply in the basement. Once again, respect please.

3. Key rule; If Matt is out of the house, so is everyone else. People are free to leave for food whenever they please, but if Matt is out of the house, everyone has to go.

4. No Stealing, No Fighting, nothing stupid! Seriously! Nothing that threatening either! ZERO TOLERENCE. Instant-kick-out and possible perma-ban. Cops might get in this if it's that bad, so none of that.

5. Respectrespectrespect. When you guys leave, its nice if you could pick up some **** before you go. We should be thanking the host for hosting this event, not ****ting on him with garbage on the last day. So please guys, we'll have a garbage bin out so that people can throw their garbage out after themselves.

6. Meh. No personal attacks. Absolute no tolerance here. You get the boot out if you do anything like that. Outbreaks will come with a warning, then a kick-out, and then a perma-ban.

7. No Bashing Rule! Quite simple, don't bash on any smash games in a negative way. Read this post for more: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4322836&postcount=293

8. No Alcohol, No Weed, No Illegal Substances! This is a no-brainer. Don't be stupid.

Confirmed list:

1. Lone Wolf
2. Switchblade

TVs:

1. Switchblade
2. Switchblade

Cubes/Melee:

1. Lone Wolf
2. Switchblade

Wiis/Brawl:

1. Switchblade

Power Cords:

1. Switchblade
2. Switchblade

VCRs:

1. Switchblade

THE MORE SETUPS, THE BETTER!

:]

Europhoria

Smash Lord
*Strokes Adnan slowly and sensually* This is a good idea, gives us a brawl tournament but can we make them to monthly tournaments?

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I really wanted to go to SFF3, believe me. I just have no money whatsoever, and unfortunately I think it's the same for a lot of us, especially considering how much it's costing to get to pound 3. But if you host tournaments in Brawl somewhere down the road, we'll be there.

wilkins

Smash Apprentice
ok so yeah about this tourney. I need to know if anyone will be going for certain that is getting a ride from toronto because busing is not my favorite thing to do in sauga. So if anyone is driving from toronto please let me know so we can arrange for transportation of me :D.

Btw adnan good spelling on the address its 5363 Richborough Drive. lol anyways im out for tonight.

EDIT: also y can't u go David :(..... your shiek is so gay..... its funny.. but y can't u go :'(

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
normally i'd want to come out and **** everyone but alas school jv 5-stocks me.

this weekend i'm in montreal though and get to hang with the frenchies and grmo so w/e it's all good xD

edit: GOOOOOOOOOO SCARBOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*waves flag with chocolate cream-filled pen!s on it*

ADDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

wilkins

Smash Apprentice
normally i'd want to come out and **** everyone but alas school jv 5-stocks me.

this weekend i'm in montreal though and get to hang with the frenchies and grmo so w/e it's all good xD

edit: GOOOOOOOOOO SCARBOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*waves flag with chocolate cream-filled pen!s on it*

ADDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!
...........................................................................................

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
lmfao
you should come to brampton again =[
everyone here sucks and I need better practice LOL

and stay this time
forever

Also, it looks like Brampton is coming to this
and free condoms for all

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
I'm really tempted to go. I have no tourney experience (makes me sound like dogfood), but it sounds like fun. emm... I can decide if I'm going depending on what I'm doing on that day. So if there exists a "Maybe" list, put me up there. If there doesn't, I'll re-post after.

I use the name Nemo, so refer to me as that. Or Ham, which ever one.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I can only byoc, since I dont actually own smash, or even a GC for that matter. I guess I would sign up for Singles, anything else would be friendlies.

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, so if I come I'll put up another post.

Another thing if I am able to make it. Some of my buddies might wanna join in as well. I would say 2-4, including me.

Eh, if it isn't that big, its not a big deal. It'll still be fun! And I'll get to meet fellow sauga smashers. I'll confirm by Thursday.

BTW, estimate how many ppl maybe? =D

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
OKAY! I've confirmed that I will be attending. 2 of my other buddies are confirmed as well. And my brother wanted to spectate, but he has something to do that day. If I can get in contact with another one of my friends, I'll see if he can come as well.

So thats:
-Nemo
-Cal
-cnid

See ya there! =]

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
i disapprove because i cannot make it and **** all of you like usual

except imadh

because he's too ****ing good

and mike

because he counterpicks like a skank

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
i didn't lose because of blind confidence. i lost because my during-match mental game is really ******** and imadh outplayed me on fod and battlefield and did a bunch of things i didn't expect like the fair fair tipper that i missed the di for and got ***** on. i didn't really think he'd try something like that. for battlefield he tricked me twice and i fell for it.

not much to say beyond that.

imadh's good.

on that note, it's hard not to feel confident after training with kage/vwins/bam/chet/pkm for a weekend XD

Top Bottom