• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl/Melee tournament, February 16th! Venue up~

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is it. The first Real Brawl tournament! After much time and deliberation, we've come up with a ruleset, fair to everyone, and are ready to host the inaugural Brawl! While the stage list is still tentative, I'm fairly sure the way we're going to have this go is going to be fair, and fun as hell.

I'll also be running melee, for those interested. I will need Melee setups. If you bring a tv/cube, your house fee will be waved.
Venue:
Game Factory!
Address: 1348 Route 36, Airport Plaza, Hazlet NJ 07730

Price:
3$ House Fee

Times:

Registrations start at 11, and the tournaments will lead as follows:

12:30 SSBB Teams / Melee Singles
3:00 SSBB Singles

10$ Per Person, Singles
10$ Per Team, Teams

Prizes:
Singles:
1st: 65%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%

Teams:

1st: 80%
2nd: 20%

• Brawl Rules!

[*]Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, Seven minute time limit.

[*]Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
    [*]No pools, random seeding
    [*]All Characters will be available for use at this time.
    [*]Items will be off, while team attack will be on! Life stealing is allowed. (Note: Life stealing is no longer the start button. It's a+b on the gamecube controller. I assume this is to prevent pausing constantly! :D)
    [*]-Smashballs will be OFF. It's been determined that the game is broken. with them on. It turns into a turtling match and whoever gets the smash ball gets a stock advantage. It really is a shame. No one wanted them to be fair, more than I. :(

[*]-Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, a proceed. The Loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.

[*]-Dave's Stupid Rule Modified will be in effect. The same stage can not be played twice in a row in a single set.
    [*]The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
    2 Minutes Late � Warning/Loss of first stock
    4 Minutes Late � Loss of first match of set
    6 Minutes Late � Loss of set)
    [*]Any attempt at lame *** tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame *** tactics will result in forfiet.
    These tactics include, but are not limited to:
    -Stalling under a stage.
    -Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there's 30 seconds, and you bail, that's one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, I'm stopping the match. It's at the judge's discretion.)

Stages:

Neutral:

• [*]Final Destination
    [*]Delfino Plaza
    [*]Battlefield
    [*]Yoshi's Story
    [*]Smashville
    [*]Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

• [*]Luigi's Mansion
    [*]MArio Cicuit
    [*]Bridge of Eldin
    [*]Great Sea
    [*]Norfair
    [*]Frigate Orpheon
    [*]Battleship Halberd
    [*]Castle Siege
    [*]Pictochat
    [*]Angel Hill Zone

DX:
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Green Greens
  • Brinstar
  • Pokemon stadium 1

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complains!!!!!!!!

Banned Stages:

• [*] Olimar's Home World
    [*]Skyworld
    [*]Mushroomy Kingdom
    [*]Rumble Falls
    [*]Pokemon Stadium 2
    [*]Spear Pillar
    [*]New F-Zero Stage
    [*]Elektro Plankton
    [*]Shadow Moses Island
    [*]Donkey Kong Arcade
    [*]Mario Bros Arcade
    [*]The Summit
    [*]Flatzone 2
    [*]WarioWare Inc
    [*]New Pork City

DX Stages:
  • Hyrule
  • Big Blue
  • Onett
  • Cornaria

• Melee Rules!
  • Items off, Four (4) stock. Eight minute time limit.
  • Smashballs are off! :D!!!
  • Matches will be 2/3 with finals 3/5
  • Double elimination. No pools, with random seeding.
    Random Stage List
  • Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
  • Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
  • Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise *
  • Past Stages: Dream Land
  • Past Stages: Kongo Jungle
  • Special Stages: Final Destination
  • Special Stages: Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
    Counter Stage List
  • Dream Land: Green Greens *
  • DK Island: Jungle Japes
  • F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City
  • Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
  • Lylat System: Corneria
  • Mushroom Kingdom: Princess Peach's Castle *
  • Mushroom Kingdom II *
  • Planet Zebes: Brinstar

Banned Stage List
  • DK Island: Kongo Jungle
  • Eagleland: Onett
  • Eagleland: Fourside
  • F-Zero Grand Prix: Big Blue
  • Hyrule Temple
  • Infinite Glacier: Icicle Mountain
  • Lylat System: Venom
  • Mushroom Kingdom I
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Island
  • Past Stages: Yoshi's Island
  • Superflat World: Flat Zone
  • Termina: Great Bay

Additional Rules for Double's Play
  • *Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON
  • Add Termina: Great Bay to the Counter Stage List
  • Add F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City to the Banned Stage List
  • Add Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams to the Banned Stage List

There will be food, and drinks for a small fee. There's also a WaWa, some pizzarias, McDonalds, Wendy's, BK, Taco Bell and KFC! and a slew of other terrible food very close to the venue!
Note: if you buy food from an outside source, you must eat it outside!

We're all really excited about this, and hope everyone can come out!​

-Diem

Setups:
Brawl:
Montage
Montage
Eggm
Keitaro

Melee:
Montage
Eggm

I need TVs for tomorrow. Call me if you can bring one. House fee will be waved, if so!

Contact info:
AIM: idmbrandonl
Phone: 848-482-9165

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Laugh at the one setup.

I'll be here laughing at you not playing the game dedicated to the 2100 some odd posts you have.

>_>

Melee will be running as well, but to able to play Brawl early is the Main event. ^_^

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I have the japanese version coming the 25th. You can come over m2k, but you have to bring me food. >_>

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
this is pretty cool. il consider it, but i dont wanna mess up my melee game for pound. i might even be able to get my hands on a US copy of brawl by then, and if so, i might bring a brawl setup.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah, d1 said he will also have it ,Bum too but he said he no longer has money for pound 3 since he bought it. who else is importing it and bringing it? I'm entering this tournament as yoshi.

Edit: We should also limit the entrants to this tournament to people who payed to attend pound 3. This shows that they support the melee tournament the main event and this will prevent 800 spectators coming for free just to play / watch this on the ONE setup.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
@Eggm.

Yes, This was the original plan. You pay the entrance fee of 60$ to be allowed to enter. It's not fair to others otherwise.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
To even attend Pound 3 we have to pay $60? (Apparently $65 now according to the thread) I live real close to Pound 3 (I actually attend UMBC) and would love to perhaps hit up a single tournament and even play in this Brawl tournament but I can't afford to drop that much money on this. Are we required to pay the full amount just to go?

Eggm

Smash Hero
Nah, plank said somewhere you can go and spectate for free in the pound 3 thread, this is why I proposed my idea, if like 200 people come to spectate and then all want to join the brawl tournament its going to suck. I say, whoever pays the full pound 3 entrance, the 60$ or if people bring a setup with an imported version of brawl with a modded or imported wii, can also particpate. ;) Since those people who imported might not be able to afford pound 3. Everyone else BUST.

D1

Banned via Administration
LOL @ makin rules for Brawl already...

...D1 is 50/50 on attending now b/c of unemployment/financial issues V_v...

...more updates as the time flies only on 1010Wins...NEWYORK! (Only ppl that live in NY I think can get this >.>).

If only insurance payments, parking tickets that piled thru the roof, and college wasn't an issue...I'd be 100% attending...X_x.

Why is money always an issue?

*cries to self*

mindlesstom

Smash Cadet
(This is dmbrandon)

@chibo Because. And Dave's Stupid Rule.

@d1. You have to come! And you should bring your setup! :D That way, we'll have time for teams. And we've only played each other like...twice, and that's lame!

And Bailey, if you come, we should team!!!!!! I haven't seen you in months!

mathos

Smash Champion
Do you already have a japanese wii? Or are you buying one just for the whole 2 weeks before brawl is here in America?

Regardless if its there all of CoK will be playing.

Skler

Smash Master
Looks like I'll not only have to win the melee tournament, but also the brawl tournament.

I can still dashwave, right?

Top Bottom