• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kamek The Magikoopa Thread

Smashbros2000

Banned via Administration
Hello. I wonder if Brawl would put in Kamek The Magikoopa. He's the main boss of Yoshi from Yoshi's Island. He kidnapped Baby Luigi but not Baby Mario.

First Appearance: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Super NES, 1995)

Movesets

Neutral A: does a magic punch
Neutral A+A: Does a two-time magic punch
Neutral A+A+A: does a rapid punch
Up+A: Wand Attack (hits the opponent up with a wand)

B: Spell (throws a wand's spell (circle, triangle, square thing) at the opponent

Grab: Throw (throws the opponent)

Final Smash: "The Ultimate Spell Attack" Kamek performs a power spell and the wand directly hits the stage making a giant electric tornado, knocking all the opponents into the air and Kamek throws fiery attacks from this wand, making it a Fiery Meteor and hits the whole thing.
Taunt: Kamek crosses his arms and says "heh. Losers"
Winning Taunt: *reads a book smiling*
Winning Taunt 2: *knocks a Toadie into the air and smiles*
Winning Taunt 3: *raises his wand up and says "No one can beat me!"

Entrance: flys into the stage with his broomstick and jumps off

Kirby Hat: wears a Kamek hat with his wand

Thank you and support Kamek to be in Brawl

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hey I remember him! Isn't he Bowser's surrogate father?!

He would so own! His black magic rivals so many magic users out there including Ganon and Zelda!

Yeah he has my support 100 %! Magikoopa/Kamek for Brawl!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Finally a thread where the Thread creator doesn't mistake Kamek's gender... But Talendime's already got what is more likely.

Cog

Smash Apprentice
If he was to be an AT, then when you use him, he flies around releasing that colorful dust on everyone, and the person who used him grows gigantic, while the others turn tiny. Or maybe just the user turns gigantic. Either way, I see him as more of an AT then playable character.

Smashbros2000

If he was to be an AT, then when you use him, he flies around releasing that colorful dust on everyone, and the person who used him grows gigantic, while the others turn tiny. Or maybe just the user turns gigantic. Either way, I see him as more of an AT then playable character.
No way.. He must be a playable character

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sorry SB2000. But Kamek is more likely AT/Boss Material. Even if he is not generic, Yoshi will be the only playable character from his series.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Sorry SB2000. But Kamek is more likely AT/Boss Material. Even if he is not generic, Yoshi will be the only playable character from his series.
Kamek is also featured in some other games like Super Princess Peach (boss), M&L: Partners in Time, and he's a boss in Mario Galaxy. So I guess he could possibly be a boss in Brawl..
Didn't Kamek play a role in Paper Mario too? Or was that Kammy? Either way, it still wouldn't qualify him, at least I feel so.

And for his animation I'd presume something like him flying to the stage, raising his wand and opening his mouth as if he was saying something (like usual) while charging up his attack for a couple seconds, and then releasing a few high-speed shapely blasts in moderately strong homing of any nearby characters.. It's pretty much what he always does, except with multiple blasts rather than just one.

Oh, and in regards to the first post, I didn't notice that you pictured Kamek to be off his broom until I read the "Entrance" description. Kamek getting off his broom is just something he'd never do, so while the whole idea of adding a somewhat 3rd class character into the roster is leaningly iffy, changing his essence like that would just make the whole thing ridiculous. So this whole concept is pretty much based on a complete flaw. MAAYBE if he were to stay on his broom.. I think. Please don't hate me.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm.. yeah I'd see him more as an AT or a Boss. Then again we don't exactly know how many "bosses" each franchise will get, or how many the SE will have total anyway. Considering Mario already has Petey Pirahna, not even sure about that. Thinking Assist Trophy would probably be best. The concept does sound interesting though.

kraid_ridley

Smash Rookie
While I think Kamek could make an interesting character, his chances of being more than an AT aren't that high. He definitely should be present in some form, though.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Oh yeah! I support Kamek fully, as is obvious through my sig.

I actually made a complete moveset for him a while back, I'll see if I can dig it up. Anyway, why shouldn't Yoshi get a second character, and a villain at that?

Smashbros2000

:chuckle:
Oh yeah! I support Kamek fully, as is obvious through my sig.

I actually made a complete moveset for him a while back, I'll see if I can dig it up. Anyway, why shouldn't Yoshi get a second character, and a villain at that?
It's a deal!:chuckle:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Kamek's pretty cool and he'll certainly have an interesting moveset. I agree he should be in the game in some form. An AT will be nice but a boss could certainly work.

Rocketspark

Smash Cadet
I hope Kamek gets into SSBB as a PC.
He's one of the much more sensible characters that's being seriously considered.
(Knuckles and Pac-Man, wtf?!)
And I'll be burned at the stake for this, but being a Nintendo character he stands a better chance than Geno.
He's appeared in many games so far, including Yoshi's Island and most recently, Super Mario Galaxy. A moveset could be easily furnished for him (I've drawn one myself, but my scanner's busted.), and just look at him...how can you not see that guy kicking some tail (Sorry for the bad DK reference)?
Oh, and the Yoshi franchise deserves another character.

KAMEK 4 BRAWL!
*supports*

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
i think he would be cool since hes 1 of my favorite bosses and since we only got 1 yoshi rep maybe he could be another one

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Here's my opinion on Kamek: He has a very slim chance, given that he is just like any other Magikoopa. On the other hand, Brawl needs more magic users, and Kamek fits that bill nicely. I'd like to see him as playable, but Kamek seems like AT material. However. If Kamek is playable, I'd definitely use him :)

XACE-K

Smash Master
The only things going for Kamek are: 1. he's a magic user 2.he's a villian 3. the only other choice for a Yoshi rep.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Kamek is also featured in some other games like Super Princess Peach (boss), M&L: Partners in Time, and he's a boss in Mario Galaxy. So I guess he could possibly be a boss in Brawl..
Didn't Kamek play a role in Paper Mario too? Or was that Kammy? Either way, it still wouldn't qualify him, at least I feel so.
Kamek wasn't in Galaxy. That was Kamella. And Kammy was in Paper Mario.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
Heres kamek

To kammy or kamella(wikied it,;), a definite no. for anyone who doesn't know what kamek looks like here a pic-
.kamek for brawl!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kamek wasn't in Galaxy. That was Kamella. And Kammy was in Paper Mario.
Kamek is in galaxy, you just don't fight him.

He's the Magikoopa at the beggining who hurls the magic thing at Mario, sending him off the princess' castle

Zek

Smash Ace
I think Kamek would be a pretty cool character. But his chances aren't great, seeing as he's never really been distinguished from a standard magikoopa. It would be nice to have him as a Yoshi franchise villain though.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
To kammy or kamella(wikied it,;), a definite no. for anyone who doesn't know what kamek looks like here a pic-
.kamek for brawl!

Kamek as an AT for Brawl. I'm all for it!!!

She should use this attack in the pitcure too. Or the broom one and sprinkle that wierd $hit on the 3 other brawlers and have some crazy things happen to em.

Top Bottom