• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suka-Taka Connection

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
This is for people who seriously want both of these GREAT old school characters in Brawl!!!! I always loved Takamaru, but Sukapon no. I built a love around Sukapon though. Show your support!!!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
The irony; I DO want BOTH of those characters in Brawl!

I also want Stafy in Brawl, too, but I'm starting to thing that's pushing it, after all, they're all Japanese, and they're all one character from their own game franchise, which I find that hard to add in SSBB...

But, anyway, yeah, Sukapon and Takamaru for Brawl!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
No they won't... saying Takamaru and Sukapon won't be playable is not like saying that Sonic wasn't going to be playable... I would hate to have these two in the game, Takamaru looks way too anime and Sukapon is just a lot of roundy things with dots for eyes.
I seriously try to refrain from calling people idiots. I find insulting people online to be unessecary and stupid. I've tried not to call you an idiot through your past posts, and keeping civilized like I usually am. but I cant take it anymore. I just have to say one thing to you:

you're an idiot.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I seriously try to refrain from calling people idiots. I find insulting people online to be unessecary and stupid. I've tried not to call you an idiot through your past posts, and keeping civilized like I usually am. but I cant take it anymore. I just have to say one thing to you:

you're an idiot.
Not more than you for supporting these characters.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Not more than you for supporting these characters.
you dislike takamaru because he's "too anime." since when was there a style limit on smash? doesn't snake look too realistic next to mario? NOBODY looks too (something). same with sukapon. a bunch of roundy things with dots for eyes? kirby is ONE roundy thing with feet and eyes. honestly, you very rarely, if ever, give good reasons for hating on characters.

His game wasn't even released in America, most people don't know who he is.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
No they won't... saying Takamaru and Sukapon won't be playable is not like saying that Sonic wasn't going to be playable... I would hate to have these two in the game, Takamaru looks way too anime and Sukapon is just a lot of roundy things with dots for eyes.

One thing that SSB is known for is their uniqueness in characters, so what if Sukapon is a bunch of "roundy things with dots for eyes". HE'S UNIQUE!!! Takamaru is too anime? Hello? Pikachu pretty much comes from an anime, and look at Marth and Pit!!

Thank GOD everyone doesn't think like you, if they did, then SSB would have the most boring and stale characters ever.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
We can assume that Sukapon won't be in, Sakurai has stated twice that he won't be in any future games.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return510.html
-Some guy is whining about Sukapon not being in. Sakurai tells him that Sukapon was planned at one point, but had to be cut. Before you get too excited, Sukapon fans (yes, both of you), Sakurai goes on to say he probably won't appear in the future.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return578.html
-More people complaining about Sukapon's exclusion. Geez, he's not THAT great. Sakurai apologizes and tells them not to expect to see him in the future.

NukeA6

Smash Master
We can assume that Sukapon won't be in, Sakurai has stated twice that he won't be in any future games.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return510.html
-Some guy is whining about Sukapon not being in. Sakurai tells him that Sukapon was planned at one point, but had to be cut. Before you get too excited, Sukapon fans (yes, both of you), Sakurai goes on to say he probably won't appear in the future.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return578.html
-More people complaining about Sukapon's exclusion. Geez, he's not THAT great. Sakurai apologizes and tells them not to expect to see him in the future.
I guess Takamaru is left. Sukapon for AT.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said Takamaru would be in defiantly if his game receieved a sequal.
I'm assuming the 2004 GBA port of his game counts (because that's what got Pit in). So guys, expect Takamaru as a newcomer then. He's probably the one to thank for the Goroh and Lyn assist trophies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Both characters are unique. Both were wanted for Melee. I don't give a ****, they are in Brawl.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Sukapon is as good as deconfimed, Sakurai himself said twice that he won't be in. As for Takamaru 2 characters from the NES era is good enough. We don't need any more **** obscure characters.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sukapon is as good as deconfimed, Sakurai himself said twice that he won't be in. As for Takamaru 2 characters from the NES era is good enough. We don't need any more **** obscure characters.
Smash Bros is mostly about Nintendo nostalgia. Notice no Pokemon after the first generation was confirmed as playable?

tirkaro

Smash Champion

what are you, an idiot? this question was taken years ago. for all we know, he could have changed his mind since then.

Sakurai said Takamaru would be in defiantly if his game receieved a sequal.
he said he would definitely get in if his GBA port sold well later. stop bending sakurai's words.

thank you for reminding me why I'm incredibly glad you aren't sakurai.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
WOOT! Sukapon for Brawl! XD I support Sukapon as much as I support Falco o_o I played Joy Mech Fight and man that game is awesome! And I like Sukapon's attitude "A robot that likes to make people laugh" :D

I wanted to try out Takamaru's game but couldnt find it, but he seems like a pretty unique character. I know he's another sword fighter but he's a Japanese Samurai O_O PWNAGE XD
Instead of having another western style sword fighter, put in a Japanese style one :D

Top Bottom