• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NEW Ice Climbers stage - The Summit

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Watch the Nintendo Conference Movie.

The scene where IceClimbers were using their taunts you can see a new stage with polar lights on the background.
I don't think it's Battlefield, I think it's a new stage.

This is Battlefield at night:

and well it doens't look similar like the stage in the trailer.
(I will make a pic and I'm going to post it here)

Well.....

(sry for my really bad English...)
___
This stage is confirmed
The summit

You can see the lights, everybody could saw on the Fall vid.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I added the pictures.

I compared the pictures to Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Battleship Halberd and to Shadow Moses Island and yeah this pics aren't from one of this stages.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
THIS is the new Ice Climbers stage!
The IceClimbers are standing on ice....!

Maggirus

nameless14

Smash Cadet
Very observant. I was to amazed that they were actually releasing something interesting that I must not have noticed.

Mach Rider

Smash Apprentice
As much as I keep hearing it speculated to be an Ice Climbers arena, I think it could be anything.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I hope so, did anyone like icicle mountain, even the play for fun high itemers I see never play there =3

What the ice climbers have always needed is a stage with ice, they preform better on ice. Maybe a stage that goes through "seasons" while you play, and when it gets cold everything slowly gets more and more slippery. Alternativly, it could be day and night, but there is not day and night in the caps =\

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The people at the smash wiki call it the North Pole. That is wat it reminds me of, especially with that Aura watever thing (forget it's name, but it happens commonly/once in while in Northeastern North America; I saw it only once or twice). It looks pretty coolz! :)

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
The people at the smash wiki call it the North Pole. That is wat it reminds me of, especially with that Aura watever thing (forget it's name, but it happens commonly/once in while in Northeastern North America; I saw it only once or twice). It looks pretty coolz! :)

I think it's the Aura Borialis, or something like that. Anyway, it would be cool if the whole stage was ice, or at least, the majority of it.

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty certain the picture of Squirtle is from a different stage, probably Luigi's Mansion themed because..

1. There's an ominous full moon in the background.
2. The color of the sky is purple, very creepy and different from the North Pole picture.
3. To the right of the pic you can see a dead tree. (It's hard to see in that picture.)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
nah it looks just like the stage from the iceclimber part. The iceclimbers are standing on ice so I hope this is Ice top. If anything I just hope it's either fun or not broke.

::FalcoFTW::

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's probably the ice climbers stage. But other than that, it tells us nothing besides the northern lights appearing in the background. All in all, we expect a stage for every franchise, so it doesn't really say much. Hopefully since rumble falls is the new icicle mountain, it won't end up a never ending scrolling stage.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
It's the same thing, but why is this ugly fish swimming on the IceClimbers stage?

What does this mean for Balloon Fighter?
A common enemy is on a stage of an another retro series....

And I hate those fishes.

I think it's funny to play on the summit with friends.

Maggirus

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I don't think the fish can eat you in Brawl. If it do than that is just wrong.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the fish can eat you in Brawl. If it do than that is just wrong.
Maybe he eats you. Swim around the stage, deals large damage to you and..... yeah he vomits you on the stage :(
Bad idea.....

Maggirus

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
What if Sakurai make the IceClimbers series and the BF series into one universe?

Bad idea.... I know

I think that I won't play this stage so much.

drengist

Smash Journeyman
"At first glance, it appears to be a normal glacial peak. But after you fight for a while..."

"A pop! A crack! It’s breaking?!"

- Is this a reference to global warming? Did this game suddenly turn political?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
"At first glance, it appears to be a normal glacial peak. But after you fight for a while..."

"A pop! A crack! It’s breaking?!"

- Is this a reference to global warming? Did this game suddenly turn political?
I guess you can say that. There has also been movies involving the Arctic and Antarctic, where the ice is breaking (Happy Feet and Ice Age 2: The Meltdown). Kids like the movies, but are unaware that what's shown in the movies may also happen in the real world.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Nice stage, especially liking the layout, the way it slides down the mountain to a watery stop, and the fact that it's the only stage (so far) that uses swimming in vs.

The Aurora Borealis in the background is a nice touch as well.

This looks like it's gonna be a fun, periodically hectic stage.

I'm also glad I'm not the only one to notice that the fish is the same one from Balloon Fight (i hated that thing, but I loved making it think it could grab me, and then jumping out of the way at the last second).

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
This stage is really a killer stage!!! It's gonna such a crazy/all out stage were its just gonna be crazy! Which I love!!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Actually, this isn't good for the Balloon Fighter's chances, as one of the main things that would be in a stage for him has been put into the Ice Climber's level. Unless the BF is considered to be in the same universe, things just took a turn for the worse for him. =/

Anyways, I do wonder how this is going to reset itself, if it's going to do that at all...

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
This board looks freakin fun, looks like there is going be lots of chaos will happen here

Top Bottom