• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Resetti

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
Yes send him back where he came.
Does anyone find those two kids on the backround extremely scary?

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Wait... how is it disproven? Still, AC has more representation then games who everyone agrees will have a character. You can't deny that it's a possibility. Personally, I don't think resetti ever had the best chances anyways, he isn't seen so frequently. Don't start denying an AC characters chances just yet. It is going to happen.
Oh, and just so you all know, ANY AC character would be 100 times cooler then Baby Bowser. Now HE is lame.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:cry:

I'll listen to his lectures with pride!

((If Mr. Resetti isn't a playable character, then who the f*** is?! Who else is there?!))

Enigma14

Smash Champion
This is the first update I've actually laughed at other than when the stadium music was released.

Zevox

Smash Lord
well, this screenshot kinda dis prooves the whole animal crosiing charecter thing...
Much as I wish it did, it does not. It merely disproves the possibility that Resetti was the AC character. Hes hardly the only character in that game who could have been done as a playable character - and truthfully, I doubt he was ever high on the list of options either, due to his preferred movement mode being burrowing, which doesn't fit too well in a game like SSB.

Zevox

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I'll say it again, this is more like an April Fools joke. It's not as annoying as a Nintendog would be, so whats the point? It's a completely pointless addition that really could have been put to better use. (Perhaps actually put people to sleep?)

Also, if there is an Animal Crossing character, I will shoot someone.

JJC

Smash Cadet
I'll say it again, this is more like an April Fools joke. It's not as annoying as a Nintendog would be, so whats the point? It's a completely pointless addition that really could have been put to better use. (Perhaps actually put people to sleep?)

Also, if there is an Animal Crossing character, I will shoot someone.
How is it pointless? It's a nod to Animal Crossing and fans of it will definitely get a kick out of him showing up. Just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it's a bad design choice. Hell I, along with a lot of other people who read the update, lol'd when they saw that all he does is what he does best; complain!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
It's basically the goldeen of AT's, and I don't see anyone complaining about Goldeen. Well, I do, but everyone's accepted her role in Smash by now. And I'll be cracking up when I'm finally playing Brawl, and then Resetti comes out and complains HE's not in Brawl.
I think ALL the AT's should complain about not being a PC in Brawl when they first come out. A lot of the AT's are characters that could've been playable, but couldn't fit in the roster (Lyn, Lyn, Lyn, oh, and my last example, Lyn!).

JJC

Smash Cadet
Now if only they'd get Cranky Kong to be an AT we'd be set for AT's that do nothing but complain! :D

JonnyJinx

Smash Cadet
Looks like it'll probably choose some player's names and put them to sleep, presumably your enemies

iMichael

Smash Lord
All that lecturing he does(like my teacher) puts you to sleep I guess? Or if you just get to close to him....but this is the best AT by far......Resetti ftw!

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Man, theyre gunna have more assist trophys that work against you than ones that help you... Thats useful... I think theyre slowly just ruining the game by adding more and more things that even the playing level between 5 year olds and tournament winners.

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
Either he puts you to sleep or we have confirmation of Jigglypuff or Bellossom (or some other sleep powder-spreading Pokemon) returning.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
But Why? They are asleep and then he talks to them? There has got to be a connection....
Ever heard of comedic effects? Like, how it seemed like Yoshi rode Donkey Kong's back? They're all staged. Even Mario scaring the crap out of Snake coming out of the box may be staged. As a matter of fact, a lot of these funny images are staged. It will be no surprise this picture was too.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Man, theyre gunna have more assist trophys that work against you than ones that help you... Thats useful... I think theyre slowly just ruining the game by adding more and more things that even the playing level between 5 year olds and tournament winners.
The only AT to me that goes against you is Devil...man that's gonna be a pain....Why would Resetti put the owner of the AT to sleep?

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
If you fight near the diologue box do the characters go behind it where you can't see the characters or in front of it so that the characters are visible?

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
Ever heard of comedic effects? Like, how it seemed like Yoshi rode Donkey Kong's back? They're all staged. Even Mario scaring the crap out of Snake coming out of the box may be staged. As a matter of fact, a lot of these funny images are staged. It will be no surprise this picture was too.
true, but I always thought that mario/snake thing was a cutscene:p

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If you fight near the diologue box do the characters go behind it where you can't see the characters or in front of it so that the characters are visible?
I'm surpised no one has pointed out that the Japanese site has different pictures (It's the only one...the other languages use the English screen shots)

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/items/assist/images/assist08/assist08_070926h-l.jpg

The characters go behind the text. Sorry I'm not sure of the code to post images ^^;; an edit would be greatly appericated~

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Judging by what I've seen from other posters, it's the general concensus that we're scared to death Resetti is going to get in the way of Gameplay in some sense or another. Considering the Nintendogs, this seems likely; however, Sakurai said that MOST of the assist trophies would be invulnerable to attack, not all. Suddenly I'm looking forward to punting a very angry mole off the stage.

*evil grin*

But in all seriousness, Resetti's probably a good thing, it shows that Animal Crossing is getting more attention and therefore more coverage, which leads me to agree with the theories that there will be a playable A.C. character in the game.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I'm surpised no one has pointed out that the Japanese site has different pictures (It's the only one...the other languages use the English screen shots)

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/items/assist/images/assist08/assist08_070926h-l.jpg

The characters go behind the text. Sorry I'm not sure of the code to post images ^^;; an edit would be greatly appericated~
Thanks for the find.
That makes Mr. Resetti even more annoying. =[:ohwell:

Top Bottom