• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl gets even More Special

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Special Melee was one of the things that had the most potential in Smash Bros Melee, but was sadly limited (Stamina mode) lame (coin mode) and simply pointless (Fixed Camera) however Special Melee is no more.

Enter: Special Brawl

Like invisable Melee, the modes of Special Brawl include item effects, like the Metal Box, or the new Spicey Curry, and even weapon effects like the Flower from Lips Stick. And what's more is that unlike Special Melee you can have multiple Special Brawl modes on at the same time, so you can have Metal Bunny Brawl.

Or you can go nuts and have them all on.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
One interesting thing I noticed on the Metal Mario screen was this:

"Play in Metal Form, making you flinch less"

Does this mean the Metal Status has changed, and now gives the "Super Armour" trait the Heavyweights have?

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
My Special Brawl of choice?
300% Mega Bunny Metal Curry Fast Brawl
:D
Tis a shame, though, that Stamina looks unchangable. 150HP returns

Wreked

Smash Lord
This is very cool. Definitely cooler than what I thought it would be like. I just hope that you can change the stamina, as Leobenmc said.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
I was kind of hoping for more customization actually. Where you could set differant settings for each player/team. Create a Mini Mario Vs Giant Dk match or something similar. Ah well, step in the right direction I guess.

That's 6561 different special brawls.. Beats Melee's 10.
Ooooh l337 math skills :laugh:

I take it the assumption then is that you can only have 1 option from each row? I mean some of them are obvious you can only take one like Mega and Mini or stamina and 300%, but why not have flower and bunny on at the same time? or Metal and Clear (which I assume is invis).

Mini Bunny Light FAST Melee FTW

edit: And Reflect Melee with Super Scopes to crash the game!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Coin mode wasn't in Special Melee...It was one of the four normal melee types along with stock, time, and bonus (which was the worst). And Fixed Camera was good for Big Blue. :/ :\

Anyway, this is a rather awesome update.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman

Does this mean the Metal Status has changed, and now gives the "Super Armour" trait the Heavyweights have?
Metal always had that effect.

I sure hope Stamina and Stock can be used in tandem. Only one life is boring. And I hope the HP is fully adjustable.

This is a giant leap for free for alls. I just hope it works on Friend battles.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah, I forgot about that. I hope that means like moon gravity (jumps etc), and not just the knockback percentage like Melee's Multiplier dealy.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

It did that in Melee.

KalimariDark

Smash Apprentice
You should have a New Challenger warning sign for this blog, at least warning about the picture they have on the official blog.

This picture.

What character is that, hitting Bowser?

That is all.

The Director

Smash Lord
Ugh...yet another mediocre Brawl update.

Let's hope Friday's is a real bombshell, we're way over due for one. Even the Brawl version of a returning character will do...

And that little guy's Knuckle Joe, an assist trophy.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I hope there'll be more customizability. 150 HP just isn't enough.

I also hope this wasn't the big-frikkin-update with which Sakurai hopes to compensate for the lame start of the week. *shakes fist*

Chuc

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0027-2288
I mean some of them are obvious you can only take one like Mega and Mini or stamina and 300%, but why not have flower and bunny on at the same time? or Metal and Clear (which I assume is invis).
Daaaaym.. if that were so, then it'd bump the possible combinations to 15552 D: (if the 3 double variables are flower/bunny, metal/clear and curry/reflect.)

Sariku

Smash Master
THIS OWNZ! Not as much as Munchlax (now Lucario has a GREATTTTT CHANCE) but this IS a step in the right direction. I sill say we DO need the Custimazation like in Melee for these "Brawls"

Blackadder

Smash Master
I hope there'll be more customizability. 150 HP just isn't enough.

I also hope this wasn't the big-frikkin-update with which Sakurai hopes to compensate for the lame start of the week. *shakes fist*
I think it is. Tommorow I expect to see summat mediocre and dull, like, I dunno, some new lame AT no one cares about, or another Munchlax. *Shudders*

THIS OWNZ! Not as much as Munchlax (now Lucario has a GREATTTTT CHANCE)
Hmmmhm. Just 495 more Poke'mon to knock out for playable place!
He's a shoe in now, alrighty. Good ol' Munchlaz means the world.
(I'm sorry Uchiha, I honestly could not resist :p)

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
I think it actually is customizable. When Stamina is selected, there's something that says "150HP" in the bottom right corner

Also, as long as you can have stock in stamina, it's fine by me, since you can't lose 900 HP just by falling off once...

Sariku

Smash Master
I think it is. Tommorow I expect to see summat mediocre and dull, like, I dunno, some new lame AT no one cares about, or another Munchlax. *Shudders*

I'm gonna start mentioning Lucario in almost ALL My posts UNTIL HE'S CONFIRMED!!!!

Orr... we find out Sakurai was been smoking weed and made it as a Pokeball.... sigh...

EGRUNTZ said Lucario is Emo, an Emo Pokemon, and WHO WOULD WANT AN EMO POKEMON IN BRAWL!?

Pichu hurt itself, it's Emo.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Wow this is an item's week this week

-Lyn
-Munchlax
-Lip's Stick

Then today's update

-Metal Box
-Super/Poison Mushroom
-Bunny Hood

Though the Body next to Metal is the word "Clear" uhmmm what does it mean really....and Knuckle Joe? o my lol

Oh yea for all you people "Reflect" is the Franklin Badge

Evolver

Smash Cadet

if you want the exact number: 484 :) (there are 493 pkmn out there and we got 9 pkmn confirmed: deoxis, pikachu, munch and groudon, Goldeen and Chikorita + the 3 kanto starters)

Eaode

Smash Champion
About the Stamina changing:

Before the match was changed to stamina, you can see a picture where it says "Starts Match With 0% Damage", so I assume you'll be able to scroll down to that and change it. You will probably be able to do this with stamina as well, but the caption didn't appear anymore probably because he had the "OK" button highlighted.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
They needed metal form in SSBM.
that would be weird if they put in the Wing and Vanish cap from Super Mario 64 LOL

I doubt that Joanna Dark will appear and if she does or is playable she better be rival to Snake, but to me she'll be a sticker or a AT
LOL tru....but i meant that the item is from Perfect Dark (^^)v

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
if you want the exact number: 484 :) (there are 493 pkmn out there and we got 9 pkmn confirmed: deoxis, pikachu, munch and groudon, Goldeen and Chikorita + the 3 kanto starters)
you forgot the background pokemon Cubebone,Dugtrio and Skarmory

Top Bottom