• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portland Kombat, Portland Oregon's Bi-Weekly

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Alright I got nothing planned for this weekend so I can make it for sure. I can also bring a cube to set up on your tv.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wait, your apartment? If everyone who showed up for Gamer's Guild showed up for this one, would there be enough room?

capncone

Smash Apprentice
Yet another tourney I can't go to. I'll have to wait until it's not at someones house. I really hope Brawl has online play.

Binx

Smash Master
Wait, your apartment? If everyone who showed up for Gamer's Guild showed up for this one, would there be enough room?
I am going to set up both rooms and I will move my little table out of the living room, when you factor in that most people will sit on the floor instead of having 30 chairs in the room I think it will end up being more spacious.

Alright I got nothing planned for this weekend so I can make it for sure. I can also bring a cube to set up on your tv.
Looking forward to seeing you man.

Hmm, you'd think you'd time your bi-monthlys well enough so that WA could make it down. GC is that weekend.
I know, wtf is wrong with my head these days haha, 2nd and 4th saturday, is that when GC always is?

Yet another tourney I can't go to. I'll have to wait until it's not at someones house. I really hope Brawl has online play.
Explain to your parents that, although it is at someones house there are going to be half a dozen or more people other than the people who live there and the odds of him being able to knife murder all of you are slim to none.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
this is a much better venue than gamer's guild and much easier to get to especially for people without cars. cmins house is also another good venue, but no airflow in the basement.
i can bring a tv and cube btw

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
gage you just need to take the max, you live right by it dont you? from there its easy, justin lives half a block from gateway tc
everyone needs to get the word out about this tournament cause im getting addicted really fast to smash, and i need my fix. plus i work a lot and this might be my last weekend off for a while.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
haha well if I take the max the tv sure isn't coming haha and yeah I live like a 20 minute walk from the max hey I have school starting this week I will spread the word there haha I am sure the video game club will find it interesting

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
well hmm i dont know what the real plan is for sat, i was planning on going to justins early to help set up, get some snacks and do some friendlies and for once be warmed up for a tournament. i want as many tvs at this event as possible cause waiting sucksksususksusksulkjalskjdf a lot. maybe minh can pick us up with bc and his tv and i could bring one too. or my gf could take us, iono

oh and to eggz, its always nice having you all at events, but this is just a small thing anyways, bigger ones will have to be in the future and better planned.

Binx

Smash Master
Gage the 15 goes from right next to your house to 99th and Burnside from there its like a 5 minute walk

@ Minh, you confirmed?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'd like to come, but I don't think I can get up to Portland this weekend. Hm... how illegal is hitch-hiking these days?

Binx

Smash Master
I hope you can find a way down here, always a blast playing with you. If not there should be plenty of them over the coming months. We are still at 3 TVs, anyone driving who can bring 1 more? I think 4 or 5 and it would run very smoothly.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Timmy maybe if you pay george 1 dollar in gas money he'll come get you lol. But seriously talk shin into driving you up here. timmy and tommy + shin = a good tournament.

Binx

Smash Master
Is it by-weekly? I thought bi monthly would mean twice a month

well tomato tomato, anyhow I went ahead and changed it to by weekly, but either way I mean every other weekend. hehe.

@ Eggz: You have really good taste in Techno, could you send me some links, I am gonna DL some of your trance mixes when I get home, but man they make filing go by so much faster.

cmin

Smash Ace
yeah im down... seeeing as how i live like 97 seconds from you. anyways the t.v i brought from DODU is still in my car cuz im too lazy/weak to carry it in. so ill just leave it in there til the tourney, i dont konw if BC is down but he might come for friendlies. orange cooty and foozy should definnately come, jayce just tell me if the gee eff can drive you if not i can once again gather people up.

@ timmy: hitch hiking has a fine of like 300 moneys right now so.... thats not too bad just try

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I never understood why hitchiking was illegal.

"Let's not make public transit possible and then when people find ways to commute, we'll put them in jail."

Politicians must have their pockets lined with the money of gas companies.

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah, politicians sucks ***. Anyways foos george and hopefully Minh, Im expecting you guys at 6 still, im off work now so c ya.

cmin

Smash Ace
I never understood why hitchiking was illegal.

"Let's not make public transit possible and then when people find ways to commute, we'll put them in jail."

Politicians must have their pockets lined with the money of gas companies.
i suppose you have never seen that move "the hitchhiker" then timmy. well my friend, watch that and it will explain why hitchhiking is illegal in all 54 states

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
haha that kind of bends it a little that dude was a little more on the crazier than an average person side. I have never seen a problem with hitchhiking other then it's kind of trashy to hold your thumb out maybe if you had to do like a hitchhiking dance then that would be fun

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I thought that movie was called "The Hitcher", but I guess I wasn't paying attention and it was "The Hitchiker" this whole time. And I know the gist of it, guy hitch hikes and slashes up people... but that's still no reason to make hitch hiking illegal. I mean, that's why homocide is illegal.

capncone

Smash Apprentice
Explain to your parents that, although it is at someones house there are going to be half a dozen or more people other than the people who live there and the odds of him being able to knife murder all of you are slim to none.
I've tried many times for other things. I just like complaining about it. Are they all going to be at your house?

Top Bottom