• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary Boss: Petey Piranha

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Dojo Link: Subspace Emissary Boss: Petey Piranha

Subspace Emissary Boss: Petey Piranha

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary, it’s rumored that there will be boss appearances.

This time, I’d like to introduce the first boss you encounter: Petey Piranha!

He... He’s huge!

Too intense!

Locked in the iron cages he holds are the princesses, Peach and Zelda. He looks angry. Wh-what is he doing?

He’s attacking with the iron cages!

You can save either Zelda or Peach, depending on which cage you damage more and subsequently break.

What will happen to the one you don’t save?!

Ronike

Smash Ace
Well, we knew it was inevitable. However, this update does bring some more news of adventure mode with it: Branching Story Lines!!

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
So we know he's a boss, but still no word on whether or not he's playable. It doesn't seem likely. Anyway, the fact that you can save only one of the princesses is interesting. My guess is there are alternate paths to take in the Adventure Mode.

Also, I'd like to point out that neither Peach nor Zelda are made of stone like people thought they were at the end of the trailer.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
HOW?!?! I wanted to be first...

Anyway, branching storylines arbitrated by your performance and choices mid-game? Well, people always get moist over non-linearity, and more boss fights is just hunky-dandy if you ask me.

Weed

Smash Lord
Interesting..
I'm guessing you have to fight the one you dont save later on in the story?

dashival

Smash Cadet
we already knew this.

not the branched storyline, of course, but petey piranha is nothing new.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
So we know he's a boss, but still no word on whether or not he's playable. It doesn't seem likely. Anyway, the fact that you can save only one of the princesses is interesting. My guess is there are alternate paths to take in the Adventure Mode.
Nah, he won't be playable. This pretty much confirms it. You can't play as Master Hand (a boss), so why would you be able to play as Petey (also a boss)?

Conker1

Smash Ace
I really HATE the idea of bosses. Having a character in the game with a full moveset...only to be unplayable.

Except Master Hand.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Branching storylines!?!?!? The one thing that makes or breaks single player modes! Probably the best concept since the wheel being round and not square.

Then again, there is the fake branching storylines you see in your cheesy RPG's. You are given a choice, but you end up doing the same thing anyway. I don't have any specific examples, but I'm sure you all can relate to what I'm saying.

PS: Take That Petey supporters! bwuaha

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Thank God he's not playable, I just hope some characters like Ridley or Dedede don't end up like this, I doubt Petey will have a full moveset, he will probably just hit you with the cages or something, plus he's like WAY too big.
I'm betting Ridley is going to wind up being a boss.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Branching storylines!?!?!? The one thing that makes or breaks single player modes! Probably the best concept since the wheel being round and not square.

Then again, there is the fake branching storylines you see in your cheesy RPG's. You are given a choice, but you end up doing the same thing anyway. I don't have any specific examples, but I'm sure you all can relate to what I'm saying.

PS: Take That Petey supporters! bwuaha
Petey NOT playable in Brawl! Finally Petey supporters get shot down! It was kind of annoying. "ZOMGWTFOMGZORZ!? PETEY IN THE TRAILER!?HOLYCRAPPETEYPLAYABLEINBRAWL!" that explains their thoughts.:chuckle:

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
branching storyline = different unlockable characters = a lot of times through same mode

i'm guessing a starfox 64 'boss of game' and 'real boss of game' twist. both games made by Sakurai

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Why oh why did Kirby save Zelda's sorry butt and not Peach's?! Ugh, how awful.

Anyway, I knew this was coming. I suspect the Subspace Emissary to be long and to contain many bosses, and I can almost bet on the idea that neither Ridley or Dedede will make the cut as playable characters, only bosses. You can flame me if you must, it's just my opinion. I can also see Mewtwo being a boss as well, and no longer being a playable character.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace

Anyway, I knew this was coming. I suspect the Subspace Emissary to be long and to contain many bosses, and I can almost bet on the idea that neither Ridley or Dedede will make the cut as playable characters, only bosses. You can flame me if you must, it's just my opinion. I can also see Mewtwo being a boss as well, and no longer being a playable character.
With how many Pokemon there are now compared to how many there were when SSBM came out, I'm sure Mewtwo won't end up being a Pokemon boss. They'll probably find some newer Pokemon to take that place.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I never wanted Petey in, but the fact that he's just a boss frightens me. Please don't let Ridley suffer the same fate!

Also, "This time, I’d like to introduce the first boss you encounter: Petey Piranha!" Multiple bosses FTW (although I think everyone assumed that anyway).

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman

I totally agree. Ridley would be great as playable, but only a tad smaller. Now they can keep him big, and as an enemy! And Dedede..he fits the boss thing. And you know, Zelda was cooler in Melee..she just looks like crap in Brawl. So Kirby should've saved Peach :)

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I think this is a high quality picture of what people thought was the two princesses being turned to stone. They look kinda green, not grey. Did they get some type of plant disease or is it just them in the shade like Neo-X said?

Edit: Removed the pic, some one posted it before me.

Top Bottom