• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link: Special Moves

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
The design for Link is taken from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, so his special moves have also been designed a bit differently.

Side Special Move: Gale Boomerang

Gale Boomerang!

The Gale Boomerang deals damage when thrown at an enemy, but when it comes back, it also lightly pulls the foe’s body.

Standard Special Move: Hero’s Bow

The Hero’s Bow! It’s fast.

Down Special Move: Bomb

Are these bombs made by Barnes?

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Theres no Link Special Moves update
Check other languages. it's tonight's update.

Up Special Move: Spin Attack

You can charge up the Spin Attack!

Grab: Clawshot

All this and the Clawshot, too!

You can use the Clawshot to perform life-saving tether recoveries by aiming at available ledges.

It was difficult to aim in the previous game, but this time it automatically flies to the closest ledge, so it should be pretty simple to use.

Of course, it doesn't mean a thing if it can't reach its target...

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Wow, a character that actually went through some changes for once. Sakurai kept saying he was redesigning everyone from the ground up, but most everybody's moves have remained the same. Now Link's Boomerang has a twister effect that catches opponents. How cool is that? :p

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Haha, awesome. Coincidentally, I'm playing Twilight Princess for the first time, right now.

Wayfarer

Smash Rookie
Nice update! Now to catch up on my.... zzzhdufd errrwadfa53zzzuiiudbfdl645fiu443uqye *head falls on headboard* fdapfdpomaodp.... T_T

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see the changes. Boomerang looks cool, crouching when using the bow is nice, and now I can charge up my up-b when I edgegaurd. And YES it locks on! I'm tired of the edges in Battlefield by a few pixels

susu_atari

Smash Ace
The Hero's Bow! It's Fast.

Does this mean no more charging the bow?
Also, I guess we're not seeing a Wolf transformation.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Looks like they also confirm automatic lock on for tether recoveries.

Chargable Up B? Gale Boomerang grabbing effect? All the crazy stuff you can already do with Link's bombs? Sounds like Link is a heck of a lot better now.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Okay. This is the first update that actually made me somewhat uneasy.

The whole ledge-homing on his claw shot sounds annoying, depending on how it works. Taking control away from the player worries me. Oh well, it's minor and I'll probably find it to be fine once I get my hands on it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The twister in the boomerang, isn't that like the boomerang WW Link uses?

:o

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
EDIT:

NVM.

He looks like fun. <---- random comment because I can't delete my post. XD

SpiritAshura

Smash Cadet
He blatantly says it was from Twilight Princess, why are you even questioning it? -_-

edit: christ this got spammed fast. i was referring to a post a few up from here. o.O

xRedDeathx

Smash Cadet
Leonardtown, MD - Player Name: the Exodus (EXDS)
yes there is, go to the Japanese version of the website, or look at links character profile. links special moves are the update.

kinda lame, cuz i thought they would do another character update, but oh well.
i like links gale boomerang, cuz now he can be all like "GET OVER HERE".

wtf does "its fast" mean about the hero bow.

and lol at this about the clawshot:

It was difficult to aim in the previous game, but this time it automatically flies to the closest ledge, so it should be pretty simple to use.

so now u get automatic sweetspots? interesting.... especially since that might mean it can go up >_>

and charging the spin attack = fail

*edit* wow so many ppl posted while i was typing this >_>

susu_atari

Smash Ace
This doesn't really mean Link is top tier. Sakurai's probably spending more time on balancing the game this time. Kirby's gunna be top tier.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
"You can charge the spin attack!" - I hope he isn't being a literal as I think he is. I don't want to have to hold Up-B to do a decent strength spin attack.

"When [The Gale Boomerang] comes back, it also lightly pulls the foe's body" - At first thought, the gale boomerang bringing opponents closer to you sounds like a bad idea, but now that I think about it, it could work well by sucking people into Link's range.

"The Hero Bow! It's Fast!" - So does the Bow and Arrow now have rapid fire like movements in place of charging it up or is he referring to the speed the Arrow flies when fully charged?

"Are these bombs made by barns?" - Doesn't reveal anything significant. Oh wow, they look different! :o

"The Clawshot... automatically flies to the closest ledge" - Sounds like a 'help the noobs' fix at first, but this does allow more manuverability since you can fire it from different heights. I just hope it doesn't try to grab the ledge when I'm too far away from it and trying to grab a wall side.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
THANK YOU. GALE BOOMERANG.

If they suckered Link into using that dinky little boomerange from OoT again, I would've gone medieval all over my cat. And I didn't want to do that anymore than he wanted me to.

To be totally honest, the thing that excites me more is the prospect of Zelda possibly being given this same treatment. For example, her Din's Fire attack not actually being "Din's Fire". ;)

Which, in turn, could imply. . . other changes to her moveset. >_>

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Meh, would have perferred to see something newer then Link's moves but the few changes are nice. The boomerang's extra effect seems like it could be good and the homing ability for the clawshot suddenly makes it a lot more pluasible to play.

Hong

The Strongest
A lot to dissect about this update.

Gale Boomerang sounds like a nice update, but can they attack while being pulled in or are they unresponsive?

Hero's Bow sounds like it's much faster. Probably still needs charging, but probably fast enough to make it a possible primary ranged weapon.

I want to say the bombs have more throwing distance but not evidence enough to be sure.

Spin Attack can be charged up, which is good news for an edgeguarding Link. However, can he take small steps while charging like he does in his original games?

The autoaim kind of kills the credibility of the Tether Recovery, but ah well.

Link is definately buffed. I hope to see more Link players.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
OMG WW LINK CONFIRMED D:D:D:D OMGPANIC WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Seriously. Dont think about it.

Link is now a top tier.
Link is my main so i hope so, but because his special moves are better wouldn't that mean they would have to balance him by making his standard moves worse which would make him lower tier...

Also im not happy about his up B charge up atm, it was good as just a quick powerful smash before, now its assumably going to be weaker unless you charge it

Top Bottom