• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Update: Stickers

Snap

Smash Ace

Does anybody notice that the buttons on the screen are from the GAMECUBE CONTROLLER?

Can anyone draw any conclusions from this fact?

We already know that we're going to be able to use the gamecube controller, but is this telling anything else new?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Blah. This update doesn't do much for me. BUT this is the first--and hopefully not last--appearance of Toad in Brawl! =)

Ronike

Smash Ace
I was posting mine at the same time Snap, sorry man. Apparently I just type slower...
Well anyways... this update blows. I at least hope that Sakurai either keeps trophies or places the history of the items in the stickers. I always thought that was a nice touch

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So this is our "Banana Peel" or "You Must Recover!" for the time being. =P

Snap

Smash Ace
I was posting mine at the same time Snap, sorry man. Apparently I just type slower...
Well anyways... this update blows. I at least hope that Sakurai either keeps trophies or places the history of the items in the stickers. I always thought that was a nice touch
140wpm ftw

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Honestly,

I guess after a long streak of awesome updates

we were overdue for a lame one

and here it is.
I agree, but we're also overdue of a stage update T_T. I believe the last one we got was Castle Siege, which seems like ages ago.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I was totally right about tonights update..!
Yeaaahhh... <_<

Anyways, at least they have more interaction than lousy display trophies.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
well i was scared that when the assist trofies came you couldent collect trophies of mario anymore
but now they replaced it with stickers, so thats okay

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
His topic was made a whole 4 minutes before yours...

Ronike

Smash Ace
140wpm ftw
Yes, well perhaps it is that I put more detail into my post rather than just "This update blows"...
Oh well, no hard feelings... but only cause Im gonna get it tomorrow...

His topic was made a whole 4 minutes before yours...
Like I said, I actually thought of what to post before doing so. However, I opened the thread creation window thingy before I started to think, so its likely that I opened it jsut as he posted his. Plus, I spell check before posting...

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Better than trophies if you ask me and not a bad update at all. Anyone catch a glimpse of the gamecube buttons in the screenshot?

Snap

Smash Ace
Yes, well perhaps it is that I put more detail into my post rather than just "This update blows"...
Oh well, no hard feelings... but only cause Im gonna get it tomorrow...
I don't know bro.

I got the last one.

I plan on getting tomorrow's too.

If it's detail you're after, perhaps you shouldn't also be after making the first thread =)

Ah, but I already have a plan... its called the edit button ;)
i dunno dude

your morals are coming into question

first you expressed anger that I opened up my thread first, citing that I did so only because I did not put as much effort into it as you did

now you're saying you plan on posting very little at first so as to get the first thread, and then going back and editing it with some detail, in which case you're not really after substance, like you implied before--instead, you're just after getting the thread.

in which case, good luck tomorrow! you'll need it =)

Ronike

Smash Ace
I don't know bro.

I got the last one.

I plan on getting tomorrow's too.

If it's detail you're after, perhaps you shouldn't also be after making the first thread =)
Ah, but I already have a plan... its called the edit button ;)

I don't know why everyone thinks they are better than trophies... They're just a bunch of artwork for the games... >_>; I liked trophies better cause some of them were actually 2D characters presented in a 3D way and alot of the characters presented in that way would never have been shown in 3 Dimensions if it wasn't for Super Smash Bros.

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
hmm balloon fighter, sheriff, toad. three of my favorites. wonder whats going on with them...

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I think this is a good update. It's just like trophies, but look nice, and better. I think it an do a lot more then trophies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hey, everyone...

Am I the only one with this theory?

Note that these stickers all have different sizes... like they are relative to the importance of a character.

Now look at the sizes of Balloon Fighter... and Toad.

Granted, Toad still has a chance if this theory holds true, as there's also a Wario from Strikers Charged sticker of the same size... but... Toad's is so unspecific...

Am I just imagining this?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm dreading the number of "______ CONFIRMED FOR BRAWLZ!" topics this update will bring.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I think it's great. It allows even more random Nintendo stuff to fit into Brawl. Now there's room in Brawl for stuff that not even important enough to be a trophy or assist trophy. I also think it's neat to see the original art for the various games, too.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
140wpm? Geez. lol.

But still, there's gonna be some kind of history item, because they had them on both games. On SSB64, they just have the fighting character's history. On SSBM, they had it on trophies, so it's gonna be on SSBB. I mean, this is the "historic" Smash Bros, correct?

BTW, I thought that was the Earth from Earthbound, but yeah, I guess it is Orbital.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
This update basically means nothing to me, but the fact that we see menu screens and stickers are actually good because we can maybe pick out hints at other things. For example, I noticed what seems to be lon lon milk, which might hint at YL returning, because there wasn't any in Twilight Princess. I also saw an F-Zero racer, and even though we already know Falcon has to be in it, it's still cool to see more updates that help to solidify that.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
What a lame system, the 3D trophies were so much better than stikers. who cares if you can save screenshots or something? just go download it off google then. The FE Ike art apparently was the same from the actual game.

2D objects can never be better than Full 3D ones.

Revak

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad that they got rid of the trophy's, lets hope the stickers aren't worthless like them.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody notice that the buttons on the screen are from the GAMECUBE CONTROLLER?

Can anyone draw any conclusions from this fact?

We already know that we're going to be able to use the gamecube controller, but is this telling anything else new?
The only conclusion you can draw from that is that you can use the Gamecube controller for Brawl. That's it. Nothing new.

Top Bottom