• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical Pokemon Stadium Thread!

iankobe

Smash Lord
This stage will soon enough to be shown on Smashbros.com. From what we can see so far it didn't change much.

The most important thing of PS is the form changing. Maybe this time they'll put more types into this one. (Steel, Psychic, etc.)

That'd be cool.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I think we might get Pokemon Stadium tonight, they can't keep it from us forever..

I'm so excited, I want to see what kind of changes this stage will go through, I didn't like the Rock and Fire changes..=/

spKz

Smash Ace
Well Imo they will either have All the original no more, or four new ones, because you dont want to many really, even though that would be amazing,

Yoshi Yoshi

Smash Rookie
I hate when they show obvious pictures and I never realize it hasn't been "officially" mentioned on the site.

Anyway, I don't really think they'll change the forms. I think it's modeled after field on the show, and they didn't really have many other ones.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
They might have a transformation for almost every "physical" type. Melee had Normal, Fire, Grass, Water, and Rock as transformations. I can see an additional three at being added.

Steel - The main floor turns into metal. A large gear is placed in the center, slowly rotating. A few floating platforms are on the side and bob when someone jumps on them. This happens because the metal floor is the opposite polar than the floating metal.

Ghost/Dark - The whole lower stage is covered in purple smoke. There are a few platforms barely floating above it to escape the darkness.

Ground - The main floor turns into sand. A few large skulls/fossils stick out of the ground in various spots to make the terrain uneven. A few platforms are floating that have hieroglyphics on them.

Ice - Main floor turns into ice. Various ice platforms appear as well. Though the platorms are being held up by frozen chunks of ice, thus preventing players from walking through them. But they can break the ice so they are allowed to move through. Platforms remain in the air though.

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Whoa I like the Steel one Sandman. I really hope they announce this stage soon. Soo curious on what types of stages they're adding. :estatic:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I am wondering if it will be the same as it was in Melee like changing from water field, to earth field

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Well, the extent of real Pokemon knowledge ends with the First 151 Pokemon. So I'd just go with the earth, water, ice, grass, etc fields we see in the tv show up til the Second Generation and the themes of Gyms and such from the games and the like.

Although, I am excited about it. This is because Sakurai is obviously taking much more interest in the levels, in the interesting quality of them. I mean, we get an entire Space Adventure from Lylat Cruise, and the platforms on the actually stage are static! Pokemon Stadium will have at least TWICE as many tranformations as Pokemon Stadium in Melee.
Other than that, I have no idea.

OmegaXXII

I am thinking the same, after all Sakurai has been getting creative with these stages,, but am having high hopes that there will be some kind of elemental field that will definetly be interesting

Pieman0920

Smash Master
If it didn't change at all, that would be the biggest shocker.

Every stage sofficially shown so far has some changing aspect, even Battlefield. Melee's Pokemon Stadium changing is probably one of the most well known, especially as it was diffrent most of the time, so if it was no included, that would really be weird.

I think people are probably right that it will transform to represent other types, but wouldn't it be odd if it had a transformarion for all 17 types? A lot of work for one stage, but cool none the less, IMO.

spKz

Smash Ace
It would be neat if the stage didn't transform back into the "Normal" stage every other time. The level would first start off Normal, but over time it would constantly pick the other areas randomly rather than every other time. That way you can get more of a variety out of the stage.

that would be pretty cool, constially changing, but imo, i prefer the Normal stage over the others

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
i hope they put better Pokemon music in this one,add Lucario,Mew to the game and buzabing! you have a game thats gonna sell a million!

OmegaXXII

what if Sakurai was to put some kind of stage options where you can choose whether you want the stage to change or stay the same which would be really cool imo, and the same could apply to all other stage where you could edit the preferences of that stage

XDead Sexy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah im glad for the return of pokemon stadium i really want to see more transformations maybe like for steel you could have a city scenery come up Saffron city reminiscent would be cool have Grass be like a big jungle with trees and water be like a beach scene and others but i want to see what sakurai does with it this time.

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
Just as past stages were included in Melee, I think it's just the same thing again. They probably just made the graphics [much] better and added some more elements.
Don't take me wrong though, that's a big change.

Starwolf_For Brawl

Smash Cadet
i hope they put better Pokemon music in this one,add Lucario,Mew to the game and buzabing! you have a game thats gonna sell a million!
Super smash bros melee sold a few million and super smash bros 64 sold 1 million so why shouldnt brawl sell a million just because of the pokemon

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
My favorite stage was definitely Pokemon Stadium in Melee. I hope it retains its quality in Brawl. I will certainly learn its subtleties once again. ^_^

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
I think people are probably right that it will transform to represent other types, but wouldn't it be odd if it had a transformarion for all 17 types? A lot of work for one stage, but cool none the less, IMO.
Well, they ARE spending a lot of time on this, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had them all:
- Normal [the regular]
- Fire [old one]
- Water [old one]
- Grass [hills & trees]
- Bug*
- Dark*
- Ghost [smoky fog]
- Steel*
- Electric*
- Flying*
- Dragon*
- Fighting [arena]
- Ice [slippery ice]
- Poison [stepping in poison does damage]
- Psychic*
- Ground [uneven ground]
- Rock [rough ground/hills]

*No idea how they'd do it

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Just give me the original with higher quality theme music, please. I found there to be nearly nothing wrong with the one in Melee and it added for a great fight because of the constant shift in terrain. I'm also a big fan of having that intense Pokemon theme playing in the background as you fight..

This level really sets you up for good fights.

Salaad

Smash Ace

I think the screen in the backround just shows a Pokeballs now, and it's also much smaller. Hopefully we'll get an update on that soon...

EDIT: I think it was like that in Melee too..

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Well, they ARE spending a lot of time on this, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had them all:
- Normal [the regular]
- Fire [old one]
- Water [old one]
- Grass [hills & trees]
- Bug*
- Dark*
- Ghost [smoky fog]
- Steel*
- Electric*
- Flying*
- Dragon*
- Fighting [arena]
- Ice [slippery ice]
- Poison [stepping in poison does damage]
- Psychic*
- Ground [uneven ground]
- Rock [rough ground/hills]

*No idea how they'd do it
They could use a tower for Dragon/Flying, the basic stage would be enough for the Fighting type, and as for Electric, something along the lines of a factory with traps, gears, and power lines. Alot like the last Gym in Diamond/Pearl.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm really surprised that we didn't get this stage this week! Expect it next week for sure.

Evolver

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Stadium 2

The previous game, Super Smash Bros. Melee, featured Pokémon Stadium, but it’s been upgraded for this game into Pokémon Stadium 2.

This time around, you’ll see guest Pokémon appearing in the background.

Ordinarily, it’s a fairly orthodox stage when nothing special is happening.

But as time passes, the terrain transforms into four different types:
"Electric," "Ground," "Flying," and "Ice."

When it transforms into Ice, things get extremely slippery!

A mountain of earth appears in the middle of the screen for the Ground stage!

On the Flying stage, everyone’s jump abilities get boosted!

For these four transformations, we’ve chosen types that were not present in Melee.

Terrain that changes suddenly makes fights excitingly unpredictable.

Stages | 06.09.2007 Do

looks really nice, i want to know what the electric form is.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Will the pokemon franchise receive a major update every single **** week!? This is getting on my nerves......

Thank goodness for Mario's special moves though. It really saved the night....

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Will the pokemon franchise receive a major update every single **** week!? This is getting on my nerves......

Thank goodness for Mario's special moves though. It really saved the night....
...Because one character, a showing of his movesets, and one stage is way too much, right?

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Might not be as popular in some circles or players due to the flying part?!?
I wonder if it is called Pokemon Stadium 2 because number 1 (same as it was in melee) is going to make a return as well?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
...Because one character, a showing of his movesets, and one stage is way too much, right?
lol, It's like the guy completely forgot about the kid icarus updates that were like 3 in one week (not that I minded).

I wonder if the original poke stadium stage will return ? Not that I mind that either. I think the pokemon are just for show. Cubone confirmed :rotfl:. Actually I'm happy cubone made it in the game somehow (even if it's as a spectator). Does anyone else notice the greater focus on the original first generation of pokemon.

Edit: does anyone else notice the Skarmory in the last pic. I'm just wondering. I know it's a Skarmory.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I saw the Skarmory.
Also note the Dugtrio.
Hope we see more of this stage in coming updates so we can see what other Pokemon make cameos there.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ya **** Skippy it's too much!! Especially when that update shoudl have been Ridley's confirmation, not some rehash version of PK Stadium.

I love Asians, but I hate Sakurai for this.....

Top Bottom