• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach in Brawl

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
I dont think we have a discussion about the mushroom kingdoms very own Princess Peach. we all know she's going to be confirmed sooner or later. but what do you think Sakurai will do with her? im thinking a mix of her moves from melee and some from SPP. maybe her Fs could be one of her emotions.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i like the idea of final smash being that, but remember that in SPP it was the island that amplified peaches emotions to that point, so it would only work on that island

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
I really like how she was in melee. Most of her attacks her pretty much unique to her and she had the cool float ability THAT better be back =)

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think a lot of Peach's moves will be based off of SPP. They already said a lot of characters are going to be different then they were in Melee.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
yeah i much rather prefer her play the same. but you know Sakurai.im not opposed to her getting new moves though. but yeah your right about her emotions and the island. what would her final smash be?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
It'd be cool if she used the umbrella from SPP.

Her final smash could be Toad Stampede or something. If not, then probably an emotion from SPP.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I think her final smash will be her emotions *** wii99 said.I wou;dn't mind her moveset staying the same though.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I agree with Blood.
It'll probably be one of her spazzy emotion things.

I can;t help but want her moveset tweaked though..

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I agree with Blood.
It'll probably be one of her spazzy emotion things.

I can;t help but want her moveset tweaked though..
lol ChAnGe TeH dOwN sMaSh.

It'd be cool if the emotion was anger. I believe anger is the scariest emotion on SPP.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ohhh just the thought is getting me excited! I want Peach to be reconfirmed ASAP. I think that her moveset will be fairly different, especially with the advent of SPP. Expect Parry to replace Toad as her B move (pleeeeease!) and UpB, maybe even her SideB. I'm fine with DownB, but B has to be revamped with Parry instead. SideB just has to go. As for her Final Smash, Anger would be the most likely emotion. But I think that her new moveset will reflect the emotions in some way. Cross your fingers that we get an update soon! =)

.ReDLiNE-

Smash Cadet
I think she'll be slightly changed (blending her SSBM moves with some moves from SPP), but I also have a bad feeling that she may be nerfed a bit.

I'm hoping that she doesn't change too much though because she was fun to play as in SSBM.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
yeah i much rather prefer her play the same. but you know Sakurai.im not opposed to her getting new moves though. but yeah your right about her emotions and the island. what would her final smash be?
I've always imagined Peach summoning the 100+ Power Stars that belong to her castle (SM64), and then raining them down onto the stage, each one exploding as it impacts something in a rainbowy burst of color and star shapes. Each explosion would not have to be too powerful, due to the fact that about 120 are raining down at once.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
lol I checked on gamefaqs and it said "the red angry emotion will set you on fire and make you heavy". O_o

Wait... Heavy... could this mean Peach could survive even longer!/!?1!?1/

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Calm: Peach calms down, becomes delighted and restores her life meter.
Gloom: Peach will cry, making her run faster, or to make plants grow for her to climb up to high places.
Rage: Peach will get very mad and catch fire, making her invincible and able to cause earthquakes whenever she lands.
Joy: Peach gets very happy and becomes enveloped in a powerful cyclone, allowing her to fly.

Just for those fools that haven't had the opportunity to enjoy SPP yet. =) Rage has the highest probability for inclusion in Brawl, but perhaps her Final Smash could be a randomly chosen emotion of the four.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
yeah i like that the emotions could be random. makes it alot more interesting than the same thing over and over. but if it's just one rage would be the best bet. I could see her side B changing. also get rid of Toad too. I like her turnips. I hope they dont nerf her attacks or anything. and they need to confirm her now lol.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for 3 AM EST, ahahah.

SideB is just lame. It has no basis in the Marioverse, and should just be replaced with Parry. He could act in a similar fashion as Toad did as her B, or he could also be used as a thrust attack in his own right. Her B could then be freed up for Psych Bomb, her only attack magic from SMRPG. Just imagine how helpful tiny scattered projectiles would be to getting people out of close-combat range! I'm drooling already, hahah.

Sadly, though, I think Peach is in for some slight nerf-age: the DSmash is almost guaranteed to be either toned down or scrapped entirely. As much as it pains me to say so, I think it's bound to happen. Let's just cross our fingers that they leave it alone. After all, there are bigger and more broken threats to attend to (Sheik, Fox, Marth).

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Again, about being toned down: I think Peach is really in the advantageous position, thanks to SSBM. The three characters ahead of her on the tiers--Fox, Sheik and Marth--are all in dire need of changes to make the game more fair. Remember that three characters were heavily altered to balance out Melee from SSB64: Ness, Kirby and Pikachu. Thankfully, Peach is awesome, but because she is just shy of the top, she could and should be safe from a detrimental overhaul.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ohh, I hadn't even considered her FThrow! I guess that's a nerf candidate as well, but I don't think it will have much bearing on her overall strength. Her upgrade, I think, will be less about how she plays (i.e. damage and such) and more about what she plays with (i.e. updated special moves).

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I love DownB just the way it is. "Don't goooooo changing to try and please me: you've never let me down befooooore, ooh ooh ooooh." Haha, Billy Joel aside, DownB is awesome. UpB is fine, too; I just think that they should replace her generic white parasol with Parry from SPP. B and SideB are heinous, though. Toad must be freed from Peach's grasp so he can be playable and SideB is just silly.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
How about just base her entire moveset off of SPP? Give her old moveset to Daisy (tone it down a bit).

Up-b: Joy. Peach spins around in a cyclone, doing minor damage to nearby enemy. (like Zelda's up-b)
Side-b: Sad. Peach cries, moves quickly to the side, doing minor damage to enemy in her path (like Fox's side-b)
Down-b: Calm. Peach is surrounded by light, and heals damage. Can move around, but there's decent lag before shielding, dodging, or attacking. (As Ness's down b, only doesn't absorb projectiles, and she can move)
Neutral-b: Rage. Peach is surrounded by fire, does mid-high damage to anyone within range. (like Zelda's neutral b, only doesn't reflect, and does a lot more damage as an attack)

She'd attack and float with her umbrella. Aerial attacks from a float could either end the float, or have reduced range because her range would come from using the umbrella. Her grab could put the enemy on top of the umbrella point (spin umbrella for A while grabbing), and throw from it.

Also, d-air: Poundbrella - Peach drops from sky with umbrella underneath her and stomps on enemy, spikes them downwards. If they remove spikes, make it a meteor.
f-smash: Chargebrella (i think this is what it was called) - Peach releases a short ranged projectile shaped like the umbrella top towards enemy. Projectile does minor damage. Sweetspot is at tip of umbrella.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
How about just base her entire moveset off of SPP? Give her old moveset to Daisy (tone it down a bit).

Up-b: Joy. Peach spins around in a cyclone, doing minor damage to nearby enemy. (like Zelda's up-b)
Side-b: Sad. Peach cries, moves quickly to the side, doing minor damage to enemy in her path (like Fox's side-b)
Down-b: Calm. Peach is surrounded by light, and heals damage. Can move around, but there's decent lag before shielding, dodging, or attacking. (As Ness's down b, only doesn't absorb projectiles, and she can move)
Neutral-b: Rage. Peach is surrounded by fire, does mid-high damage to anyone within range. (like Zelda's neutral b, only doesn't reflect, and does a lot more damage as an attack)

She'd attack and float with her umbrella. Aerial attacks from a float could either end the float, or have reduced range because her range would come from using the umbrella. Her grab could put the enemy on top of the umbrella point (spin umbrella for A while grabbing), and throw from it.

Also, d-air: Poundbrella - Peach drops from sky with umbrella underneath her and stomps on enemy, spikes them downwards. If they remove spikes, make it a meteor.
f-smash: Chargebrella (i think this is what it was called) - Peach releases a short ranged projectile shaped like the umbrella top towards enemy. Projectile does minor damage. Sweetspot is at tip of umbrella.
Cool idea, but I don't think that her moveset should revolve around the emotions. I believe that they are best suited for a Final Smash because they were used on special occasions in-game. I do like your grab idea, though, as much as I love the FThrow. Your Dair is nice, too. I love her current Dair, but that one sounds equally tempting. I think the Chargebrella, however, would fit quite nicely as her B move this time around. :)

And to give Daisy her old moveset would mean that Daisy would be included in Brawl, so I say ixnay atthay.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
peach is my main meng' lol

lets not screw with her too much

i say down smash can defiantly be toned down....but lets not totally get rid of it

front throw is wonderful....dont; tone it down---peach need a couple good finishers---
true it;s the b*tch slap from hell---but thats how peach rolls---she;s got all her *emotions* behind that slap

the peach bomber is pretty useless....so i don't mind seeing that replaced

toad should NOT go...
i know many players aren;t good with using toad....and it;s true toad is not easy to use
but toad is a GREAT move if you know how to use it
and it tends to surprise other players

her emotions as a final smash sounds perfect---i love the idea of having it be random too...but i can see maybe that would seem like peach has 4 finals smashes while other characters have one....so i don;t know if it'll happen

other than that i really hope she doesn;t change ---peach is a bad @$$ in melee....i don;t wanna see her be turned into a toned down *emotional woman*

i hope she;s gorgeous too...tho i think zelda may trump her this time around...*sigh*

oh and dont; forget *up aerial....*

the joy of showing off my vag while i finish off another player is just too great to be taken away

thats is all. :)

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
^lol i agree with alot of it. never liked the peach bomber too much. Zelda can never trump Peach. If anything im afraid they are going to nerf her down too much or
super princess peach -ify her too much. im ok with some of her moves being from that game just not all. here's hoping for a princess Peach update this week.

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
Peachie!

I dont think we have a discussion about the mushroom kingdoms very own Princess Peach. we all know she's going to be confirmed sooner or later. but what do you think Sakurai will do with her? im thinking a mix of her moves from melee and some from SPP. maybe her Fs could be one of her emotions.
If Peach is not in Brawl, I will sue! I need her in that Game! She is 1 of myt best characters.
Sakurai is gonna hear from me if she inst in that game. U bet that! The name is kakashi-dono

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
Fellas? Who's it gonna be? Peach or Zelda?

peach is my main meng' lol

lets not screw with her too much

i say down smash can defiantly be toned down....but lets not totally get rid of it

front throw is wonderful....dont; tone it down---peach need a couple good finishers---
true it;s the ***** slap from hell---but thats how peach rolls---she;s got all her *emotions* behind that slap

the peach bomber is pretty useless....so i don't mind seeing that replaced

toad should NOT go...
i know many players aren;t good with using toad....and it;s true toad is not easy to use
but toad is a GREAT move if you know how to use it
and it tends to surprise other players

her emotions as a final smash sounds perfect---i love the idea of having it be random too...but i can see maybe that would seem like peach has 4 finals smashes while other characters have one....so i don;t know if it'll happen

other than that i really hope she doesn;t change ---peach is a bad *** in melee....i don;t wanna see her be turned into a toned down *emotional woman*

i hope she;s gorgeous too...tho i think zelda may trump her this time around...*sigh*

oh and dont; forget *up aerial....*

the joy of showing off my ****** while i finish off another player is just too great to be taken away

thats is all. :)
All I know is that this comment is gonna be a thread sooner or later. I luv zelda and peach,
but, peach is so much better than zelda. (Not better than Sheik though) I dunno who has the better looks though. Im not sure, wat do u guys think? im open to ur comments.
the name is kakashi-dono

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
U stupid!

Cool idea, but I don't think that her moveset should revolve around the emotions. I believe that they are best suited for a Final Smash because they were used on special occasions in-game. I do like your grab idea, though, as much as I love the FThrow. Your Dair is nice, too. I love her current Dair, but that one sounds equally tempting. I think the Chargebrella, however, would fit quite nicely as her B move this time around. :)

And to give Daisy her old moveset would mean that Daisy would be included in Brawl, so I say ixnay atthay.
Ppl, ppl, ppl! No changes to Peach should be made! The only thing that should be new to our
princess toadstool should be her final smash! I will nvr change this opinion! ya dig?!
the name is Kakashi-dono

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
What if they give her, her Strikers outfit........
O_O;

Just imagine all the drooling fanboys! I shudder to think...

I'm really hoping we get Peach this week, but I think Sakurai might take the "nice guy" route and update with Zamus to calm the raging mobs. :chuckle:

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
Peach better get nerfed!
lol, I've mained Kirby for the first two games, so don't take anything I say about characters getting nerfed too seriously. I'm just jealous and want top tier characters from Melee to suffer the same fate as Kirby did. But Peach is pretty far down my "Must be nerfed" list but she is on it none the less. But I do like the emotion FS idea and think her perrisol should be replaced with Perry. This hasn't been a very productive post, sorry.
Oh and btw No strikers outfit, that completly ruins what the Princess is all about.

Ben the ultimate

Smash Apprentice
Everyone knows that Peach is going to be in it she's one of the main characters in the Mario Universe why would'nt she be in it then it would be weird cos Bowser has been confirmed so she will be.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Peach

Peach better get nerfed!
lol, I've mained Kirby for the first two games, so don't take anything I say about characters getting nerfed too seriously. I'm just jealous and want top tier characters from Melee to suffer the same fate as Kirby did. But Peach is pretty far down my "Must be nerfed" list but she is on it none the less. But I do like the emotion FS idea and think her perrisol should be replaced with Perry. This hasn't been a very productive post, sorry.
Oh and btw No strikers outfit, that completly ruins what the Princess is all about.
Agreed on the no Strikers outfit thing. I think Parry should replace her parasol UpB but function the same way (just an aesthetic change). Her B should be replaced by Parry as well, but that would probably be a move revamp (freeing up Toad!).

And as far as nerfing goes, there are four characters (Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth) that are far more deserving of being toned down--if they appear again this time in the first place *casts an eye toward Sheik and Falco*.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I remember seeing that new footage at E3, and when we only had the low quality film, I mistook Zelda with Kirby floating over her head for Peach with a parasol. Now thinking about that, Peach using a umbrella in normal attacks would be pretty cool. Of course Peach doesn’t really need a new move set, so I guess that’s not needed. >_>

Top Bottom