• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help some (more) if you wish (SMASH IS LOSING AGAIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well I made a post about a week ago regarding this contest at MLGpro and voting for Smash. I'm happy to let everyone know that Smash ended up beating Halo 2 (on a Halo 2 forum nontheless) by over a whopping 50 votes (120 something to 76).

Smash has now advanced to the final four in this contest and is pitted against oo7 goldeneye, a game I really like, but nothing beats Smash. Because MLG is a Halo forum the FPS is currently trouncing dear ol' Mario, not unlike how Halo 2 was beating Smash before the thread was made here.

So lend a helping hand if you can and make sure Smash continues to show up the shooters at MLG (if Smash beats oo7 it'll most likely be facing Halo 1 in the finals, but before we can beat the big dog we gotta take car of business).

At the time of this posting Smash is losing 22 - 12.

MLG Contest Link

Skler

Smash Master
Everybody better vote SSBM. It is honestly a better game. Just because GE 64 is old doesn't make it better then smash.

pdk

Smash Lord
curse you, lack of write-in voting

but whatever, AZ will be happy with my vote now

metroid1117

Smash Master
You have officially caused me to post in an MLG forum for the first time. Smash is far too godly to not support.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I already gladly cast my vote for smash! Its just the better game, Smash will run its course all the way to the crown.

Smash Master
Now it's nine, but yeah, let's show our love. Registration is fast and easy. I know, I just did it.

K1T3

Smash Lord
The power of smash has brought you to our boards. Now you it see it's greatness and change your votes to smash!

Binx

Smash Master
SSBM gets my Vote 007 - 59 Smash - 57

Only 3 votes away from the winning. As last time I am going to link this thread to my regional zones, if we want the votes please do the same.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Gran Calc: I'm just evening the odds. MLG is (essentially) a forum for FPS enthusiasts (not spelled correctly I'm sure). I figure most Smash players know about MLG and visit the main site but have remained here at Smashboards simply because of how ingrained Smash already is here. All I'm doing is trying to give Smash a fair fight.

Oh, and I hope no one from here is creating multiple accounts, only vote ONCE and then try and get your friends to vote if you feel you want to do more.

pdk

Smash Lord
how does bringing in extra people make it a fair fight? it's just a little opinion poll and hardly a fight, no need to worry about how well "represented" each side is

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Voted. It's close, real close, but Golden Eye is still winning by a few votes. Lets continue the pace guys.

Icedblue

Smash Rookie
Gran Calc: I'm just evening the odds. MLG is (essentially) a forum for FPS enthusiasts (not spelled correctly I'm sure). I figure most Smash players know about MLG and visit the main site but have remained here at Smashboards simply because of how ingrained Smash already is here. All I'm doing is trying to give Smash a fair fight.

Oh, and I hope no one from here is creating multiple accounts, only vote ONCE and then try and get your friends to vote if you feel you want to do more.
It's not evening the odds. It is a poll for MLGers. Do you realize how many kids are creating accounts, or getting on accounts they haven't been on in a long time just to vote in this poll? Just so that the people who have voted in every single poll, have put forth honest opinions, get beaten?

Do you realize how much work Skinsman has put into this? He's created what, 30 polls? Counted many many votes. Literally put hours into this. Oranos linked all the threads. Myself, Gelati, Mantrain, many others put true thought into this voting. Have followed it for weeks. And you know what? It's going to be for naught. Because you thought it would be cute to bring people onto the forums to completely invalidate the time and effort people have put into this.

Don't try to use that argument with Calc, we both know he isn't stupid. The polls we have are for the MLG community, not anyone else. You should definitely respect that.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wow, nice. Thanks for telling me why I shouldn't even bother getting involved with the MLG community then, if this is what you think of us.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Guys don't worry about some people from MLG getting upset. It is just a forum game, nothing more, it shouldn't be something to be taken super seriously.

As for "it's a poll for MLGers" you do realize Smash was part of MLG last year right? And still is to an extent this year. Smash players have been registering at MLG for years now and usually don't post, what is the problem that they now decide to get a lil involved?

Binx

Smash Master
I dont understand why we cant both vote, infact once I signed up my MLG account I was an MLGer as well as a smash boards goer, and I am offended that I am not allowed to vote for my favorite game. Also from the description of those games it looked as if you had more pros for smash than for 007 but said advantage 007 anyways. MLG voting for best game ever and favoriting Halo is the same as us having one and favoriting SSBM, there should be completely objective votes for both games, and not say who has the "advantage." I would have never even gone to your site without alpha last poll, for sure you guys are getting a more active forum from this.

Theinsanitytest

Smash Rookie
Ankoku, don't use try and pull that. You know exactly what you are doing. Plenty of people including I have voted against FPSs throughout this tournament for the game I thought was better. Currently in the other Poll left, dedicated Halo CE players, even Mantrain (The coach of the team final boss) are choosing OoT over CE.

It's hard to say you guys are not biased coming from a forum called 'smashboards'.

OoT beat Halo 2 last round, and H2 is currently the main game at MLG tournaments, so for us being a biased FPS board again is proven wrong.

Icedblue

Smash Rookie
Wow, nice. Thanks for telling me why I shouldn't even bother getting involved with the MLG community then, if this is what you think of us.
You don't get what I was saying. I don't see how I disrespected you.

If you guys had a poll about the best game ever, and a bunch of people made accounts just to vote for Halo, and then never posted again, what would you say?

I am all for communities growing. If you guys do in fact stick around MLG, that would be great. What I would take offense to are the people who would create an account just for the sake of voting, then never come back.

You guys don't realize the effort that was put into this.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yes, I do know exactly what I'm doing. I'm clicking the poll choice just to the left of "Super Smash Bros. Melee" and then clicking "Submit Vote." I thought this was all in good fun and in all honesty, I never really liked GoldenEye 64's gameplay, anyway. It is only for a majority of my friend's liking the game that I give it respect.

The registering of multiple accounts for voting is wrong and pretty stupid, and I believe most of us would look down on whoever did that sort of stuff, but I get a little upset over someone lumping the lot of Smashboards into a category of people who "ruined the poll" and "don't count" as MLGers.

Icedblue

Smash Rookie
Yes, I do know exactly what I'm doing. I'm clicking the poll choice just to the left of "Super Smash Bros. Melee" and then clicking "Submit Vote." I thought this was all in good fun and in all honesty, I never really liked GoldenEye 64's gameplay, anyway. It is only for a majority of my friend's liking the game that I give it respect.

The registering of multiple accounts for voting is wrong and pretty stupid, and I believe most of us would look down on whoever did that sort of stuff, but I get a little upset over someone lumping the lot of Smashboards into a category of people who "ruined the poll" and "don't count" as MLGers.
If you never post at MLG, and create a name just to vote or get on just to vote, then you are ruining it. And by MLGer I mean someone who frequents the forums. Maybe I should have clarified that.

And considering Calc commented on this, it's evident that there is something wrong with it.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smashboards has tons of links to MLG on it and MLG tournaments get an automatic sticky in the tournament section as well. View the all terms sticky at the top of this page and you will see over a dozen links to Smash content found on MLG. This is no differant, it's simply pointing people toward a poll on mlg because Smash players don't "frequent" the site as much as they do Smashboards.

Theinsanitytest

Smash Rookie
An over whelming amount of the smashers on our forums commenting on the poll have a may 2007 join date, with me further investigating they joined the time the prior poll was posted in which smash actually had some competition in advancement. It is a poll which has taken place in the past for the MLG community to engage in debate about games we are nostalgic about. There is no fancy reward given to the winner, so why come onto our forums with the purpose of voting in a forum thread?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey, if we believed SSBM wasn't a game worth registering on a forum or finding an old password to support, we would not have bothered. Alpha Zealot didn't force any of us to do anything.

And if postcount determines whether someone is worthy of voting for a poll, then yeah, I guess we did ruin the poll, because maybe 40 people who aren't actually people just voted.

Icedblue

Smash Rookie
Smashboards has tons of links to MLG on it and MLG tournaments get an automatic sticky in the tournament section as well. View the all terms sticky at the top of this page and you will see over a dozen links to Smash content found on MLG. This is no differant, it's simply pointing people toward a poll on mlg because Smash players don't "frequent" the site as much as they do Smashboards.
Don't "frequent?" Hahahaha, none of them have even had an account at MLG until a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom