• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.H.S.N.A.P. 3 August 11th, get some! URGENT UPDATE!!!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
EDIT: The Venue has changed, we had some problems with the venue and we were forced to change.
The venue is now located at:
1500 NE 4th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
Anybody bringing a cube/tv, please try and be there around 2:30, everybody else 3pm is reccommended. This venue is bigger, but please, dont make any messes we (I and whomever wants to help) will have to clean it up. This is right off I-35 so its not hard to get to or anything, lots of food places around, there will be pizza and drinks for sale there aswell.

I figured we better get things settled so we can have a good turnout.

*Flashback*....
The Term OHSNAP came from OK smasher Zinth (Omega_Star), he thought of OHSNAP, then put words to the letters. Oklahoma Hosts Smash, Need A Pummeling? was set upon after he came up with the terrible name Oklahoma Hosts Smash...Near A Park.
OHSNAP1

We had a...semi-good turn out, with very good players from Texas such as Dr. Drew (you have no idea how hard this was to write seeing how all my buttons are disabled...tell McFox to unban me), Krazy Kirby Kid (oddly enough, he looks like he could pull off Mos Def), and Darkness of Heart (pfft, peach, are you joking me?). Along with others, those were just a few of the names that attended OHSNAP1. Texas came and owned and took our money, but we were still feeling good learning how we faired against other states.

OHSNAP2

A much better turn out with Caveman, Smiles, Xelic, and Fastliketree showing up aswell as the others to...completely own us. Caveman, while he sandbagged probably during the whole tournament, took first, and hes pretty good at hacky sac too. Unfortunately some problems arose and some of the Texas smashers were forced to go back to their crib and miss day 2 of OHSNAP2. We all had a good time, even when texas took our money for a 2nd time, AustinRC and his curse words can still be heard in my house.

Now, something you never thought would happen...OHSNAP3

It hasnt happened yet, we just needed to put this out there so we can figure out a good date. All we know is that its going to be in August as to not to interfere with other tournies, if you could state when would be best for you, with out conflicting with other larger tournaments, thatd be pretty kick ***.
1v1
2v2

Im hoping we can get both tournies done, this is obviously going to be a 1 day event, if we have a problem with time (Im stating it now) or you cant stay 2 days, if enough people agree to it, we can just to 1v1 and 2v2 and make it one day.

Housing...
If you need housing, just ask and we could probably find you a place.

Rasta
Housing: Up to 7 or 8 people
Distance from tourny: TBA
Taken spots: 0

Cubes/Tvs/ Full sets:
Ofcourse we need full sets. I am putting myself down for 2 full sets, also OK'ers, we need VCRs and Tapes.

Rasta: 2 cubes, 2 TVs (I'll also have some rentable controllers for $3, ya know, just in case)
Zinth: 1 cube, 1 TV, Camcorder

Well thats all post here if you have any comments, we are still waiting to see what everybody has to say before anything is official.

Rasta...Out

EDIT:
Address
Oklahoma Memorial Union
900 Asp Ave, Ste 428
Norman, Oklahoma 73019

August 11th, see you guys there

Venue Fee: $2 (Going to fund future oklahoma events)
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 per team ($10 with computer for a partner)

Information on prizes has yet to be officially confirmed, but I believe that earlier Rasta stated:
Singles
1st - 65%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 10%

Teams
1st - 65%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 10%

Rules

4 stock

8 minute time limit

2/3 sets, 3/5 for semi-finals and finals.

No items

In the event of a tie: sudden death is played out, then the winner of that chooses the stage for the final extra 1 stock 2 minute match

First stage random or agreed upon

Dave's Stupid Rule: no stage you previously won on can be repicked unless it's allowed by the other player(s)

Double blind character picks if necessary for first match (i.e. upon request)

Stage striking: each player can strike one stage from the random stage select only. Not for the entire set.

Advanced slob picks: loser picks stage, then winner picks character, then loser picks character

Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned. You know what we mean when we say this so don't try and pull any ****.

Bomb Custom Rule (BCR): If something is mutually agreed upon, you may play it (outside of changing the best 2/3, items, and 4 stock). In other words, if you hate DSR, Stage Knockouts, Counter Picking (just wanna go Double Blind?), etc, declare before hand and you don't have to use it. Also, if you do agree to it, and you lose, you're screwed, don't come crying to us.

Teams rules: team attack on and life stealing allowed

1 v 1 Random Stages: Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield

2 v 2 Random Stages: Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Kongo Jungle 64, Battlefield,

Stages Banned for 1v1 only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

Stages Banned for 2v2 only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City

Stages Banned for 1v1 and 2v2: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

No wobbles.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
coolness, get a date and venue dammit...

and ill most likely be going :-D

if i do, then ill probably bring a setup and help (as usual)

too good...

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Thats one vote for August, come on guys, a little help here. I wanna get all these things set in stone, but I need to know a date thats good for everybody.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Whichever month you choose is cool with me, as I WILL take off of work to go to this shizzle.
Which means I might actually start practicing again... LOL.
Of course you know what I'm going to say next:

It is time Oklahoma... Time to GET BIG! MARIO BIG!!!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Ok, after much thought on the subject, I have decided to hold OHSNAP3 in the month of August to avoid any confrentation from other Tournaments. Now, as soon as I can find a venue (I already have one in mind) I will let you guys know as soon as possible.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
yeah, it should be a part of the moast circuit... and yeah, crackboom is right too, if its not like the first weekend in august (or second at the latest) then people wont be able to come because of school most likely.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I know, trust me, Ive thought about it. Ive gotta call some places tomorrow and find some other places.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will show up to this if possible >_>. Not a guarentee though.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
August 4-5 or August 11-12. Ill probably hold it on Friday-Saturday instead of Saturday and Sunday, I think it will work out better, let me know how this works for people.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I wanna come again. I got some revenge that needs to be taken care of. :grin: Maybe we could make this a MOAST Circuit event?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
ok well my crew is cool with early aug. and i can house only 1 dude seein as how im a poor irishman and i live in a trailer (coty lol i wont bum u on sid and eli this time if u choose to come up) sid and elias can hold a couple dudes. we can bring 2 set-ups.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i might be able to come, early august sounds fine, i can bring 1 cube, house 0 people, and depending on what sort of job i get and when i get it i may be able to donate some to venue and/or the pot...

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just do 1v1 and 2v2, maybe some crews matches for fun but no need for a whole tourney.

Low tier killed OHSNAP 2. We were all excited from teams then low tier put most everyone to sleep (at least two of us literally). It's a large part of why we didn't stay for the 2nd day. 1v1 could've easily happened an hour or so after teams and then it would've been great.

And did you really suggest possibly giving all the money to first place? Cause that'll kill the tourney real quick.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Low tier killed OHSNAP 2. We were all JOHNNING from teams then low tier JOHNED most everyone to JOHNS (at least two of us JOHNNERS). It's a large part of why we JOHNED for the 2nd day. 1v1 could've easily JOHNED an hour or so after teams and then it would've been great JOHNSSSSS.
FIX'D

<3 Drew... and... even though i dont see where it was mentioned (probably because I haven't been readint the posts) but i do agree that putting all the pot into first place would definitely ruin attendance.

What do you want for your birthday, South Paw?
To not have to hear the song AGAIN... and for you to stop lying

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Just do 1v1 and 2v2, maybe some crews matches for fun but no need for a whole tourney.

Low tier killed OHSNAP 2. We were all excited from teams then low tier put most everyone to sleep (at least two of us literally). It's a large part of why we didn't stay for the 2nd day. 1v1 could've easily happened an hour or so after teams and then it would've been great.

And did you really suggest possibly giving all the money to first place? Cause that'll kill the tourney real quick.
Well Im hoping to get this ***** pretty large, Ive got a lot of places to check on, and low tier seems fun, that might be first or last. The prize money will be divided by the percent listed above, but the money IM THROWING DOWN out of my pocket with either all go to first or be divided by the percentages listed. Since Ive got an extra 3 months to gain the money, I can easily get an extra $500 to add on to the pot, such a large amount of money...Im having 2nd thoughts, but if it can get some AZ players or anybody out of the region, it will be worth it. Hopefully I end up not spending all the money I earn this summer on this tourny because that **** would be a *****, and not the good kind.

Dude, get McFox or whoever to unban me, this proxy site is gay.

Since you guys ***** all the time, I guess it will be saturday and sunday tourny for those losers with jobs.

Crews will be fun if we have enough people, hence why Im willing to throw down my own money to get more people to this. I like your ideas Drew, even if they were not helpful in the least bit, keep them coming.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah if it's just the money you were adding yourself then yeah that's cool either way.

Also if you want McFox to unban your IP then PM him about it and explain the situation.

And I'm pretty sure it'd be John'd not Johned, but that's something I'll leave to the English majors to confirm for sure

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Gamewiz199: Hey man thanks btw
RastaImp0sta: for what?
Gamewiz199: *points to shirt*
Gamewiz199: 100% cotton

Oh man, Austin, you *******, that was just too funny, I had to share it.

Ill talk to him Drew...

Hopefully by Friday I can get a venue and everything confirmed. Coty, get your homiez from AZ and CA over here. Youve got homiez everywhere, tell them to get there *** over here, and tell DSF its OKLAHOMA not OAKLAND.
Drew, spread the word and get them over here, it would be tight to have a large tourny over here. Get Caveman and FLT back over here, we need to see that epic winner's bracket singles match!

Gravity

Smash Ace
may have already been said but...i vote for 1v1 and 2v2 on the first day, in that order, the next day can come with low tier blah blah.

that way, the people who just want 1v1 can get that, and the people who just want 1v1 and 2v2 need not stay both days, as i believe those are way more important then low tier etc to many people...

TGM

Smash Lord
I was gonna hold HOSt2 the 4th/5th,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,me sad.

but for once i need to play u guys. so forget HOST2! WAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH.

Yea i want to go to this and **** up on some horrible OK players with me marth/samus.

If bear is going, i would like to tag along.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord

Hmm, that's a nice little tidbit there... indeed, something to keep in mind.

may have already been said but...i vote for 1v1 and 2v2 on the first day, in that order, the next day can come with low tier blah blah.

that way, the people who just want 1v1 can get that, and the people who just want 1v1 and 2v2 need not stay both days, as i believe those are way more important then low tier etc to many people...
I agree.

And maybe we should save things like low-tier and maybe even crews for when we have more experience hosting tournaments. Cause I mean, DABR3 had roughly the same attendance but only four tournament TVs and they still got things done more quickly than us, which is understandable, seeing as how OK has hosted about three real tournaments, while Texas has hosted an uncountable amount.

Also, I think that oop (out-of-pocket, lolz) money should go toward a venue before it goes toward the pot. The main reason that we don't have many tournaments around here is because of venue availability, yes? I think that we should make sure to provide for a venue that's convenient and large enough for this tournament before we provide for more money in the pot. And as far as dividing oop money for top placings... I think that we should wait and see what we have after securing a venue, which is more important. The fact that there will be oop money added to the prizes will be enough to draw what interest it can.

TGM said:
WAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH.
***** you better show up. There needs to be a match between the "Great" Marth of Texas and the Red Marth of OK.

South_Paw said:
we did, it was called me vs smiles.... YAYUH!!! lol
Lol, pretty much. You owe me one for recording that match, even though you said not to :p

And yeah, get yo homies, lolz.

Anyway, I PMed Scav about making this a MOAST Circuit event.

Also, I want to see CO show up for this, too. Hell, I want to see as many states as possible show up for this.

Wow, the_irish_dude convinced CO to come. Too good man.

Also, I think that it would be "Johned," since one says "hatched" instead of "hatch'd," and I think that "'d" implies a contraction of the word "would," while the "-ed" suffix indicates and action performed in the past. So, I think that "Johned" is the act of having made a John in the past, while "John'd" means "John would."

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Find a venue is the first thing on my to do list. Im going to check out churches *hopefully they will be kind enough to let us use it FOR FREE*, some small hotels, and some community centers.

Dont worry guys, Ive got everything all planned out, I just need to put those plans into action. Ill set up an official date with rules and ect as soon as I get a venue secured, I want 2 teams to play on Hyrule with no time limit. Thats something I want to see, so you guys, dont disappoint me!

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i know the moore community center has a couple rooms we could use....i also went to the colorado thread and told them bout OHSNAP3 and i got atleast 4 people planning on comin down here now :D

TGM

Smash Lord
lol how bout a samus ditto?
10$? maybe more depending on how much money i get.
actually i think i have MMs with everybody in the state of OK. so yea, dittos are my best match ups. 104 sounds tasty to me... WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA i wont even try and still 8 stock you. WAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will MM samus ditto anyone in OK for pretty much any amount >_>.

Top Bottom