• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Better Lucario Official Guide/Faq/Database (Now with More Lawl!)

Popertop

Smash Champion
I still need to make a picture of me wearing a home-made pope hat to be my avatar once I finally pay for premium.

They can't spot dodge in time to avoid the FP?

IT's mah berfday!
I'm nineteen guys, yay.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Happy Birthday, guys!

Also, for the guide, I was thinking it would be cool if there were pictures next to each of Lucario's moves of Lucario doing that move.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
IT's mah berfday!
I'm nineteen guys, yay.
in my country, we have a tradition of throwing rotten eggs and flour on people's b-days...
see where i'm going?
*starts handing out eggs and flour to everyone in sight*
ATTACK!! *pelts a HUGE rotten egg at Popertop*

Milln

Smash Champion
i think you should add something about starting off the chain grab with a uthrow. most smart people will be aware of the chain grab, and force palm is unreliable and punishable. grabbing is much safer. against the people lucario can CG, you can just uthrow once from 0% and do a stutter-stepped force palm, this puts lucario in position to begin the CG

also, my avatar is cool
I still need to make a picture of me wearing a home-made pope hat to be my avatar once I finally pay for premium.

They can't spot dodge in time to avoid the FP?

IT's mah berfday!
I'm nineteen guys, yay.
They won't bother spot or air dodging. If you uthrow at a percent to where they're low enough that you can attempt a Force Palm Grab Chain, you'll get hit before you can snag 'em.

Popertop

Smash Champion
in my country, we have a tradition of throwing rotten eggs and flour on people's b-days...
see where i'm going?
*starts handing out eggs and flour to everyone in sight*
ATTACK!! *pelts a HUGE rotten egg at Popertop*
:(
So i was supposed to meet up with this guy cause he's my ride to a tourney tomorrow/today, but i couldn't get through his cell and he didn't return my calls or texts. I got there when he said to be there, waited for an hour, and left.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
So i was supposed to meet up with this guy cause he's my ride to a tourney tomorrow/today, but i couldn't get through his cell and he didn't return my calls or texts. I got there when he said to be there, waited for an hour, and left.
Wow, that doesn't sound good. I hope its a misunderstanding on someone's part.

Milln

Smash Champion
What a loser. Tell him he owes you the prize money or item.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
*stops throwing eggs at Popertop for a moment*
for real? wow what a big jerk. makes me feel bad for you.
*stays silent for a few seconds*
*rips a huge sack of flour and pours it down Popertop's head, then stands back and admires his own work of art*

dr00

Smash Apprentice
just wanted to say that this thread got me to join the smashboards.

my lucario game had pretty much stalled once people i fight on a regular basis learned how to punish me for mistakes (missing force palm for instance).

your inner fire videos have helped a lot.
i knew that you could change extremespeed, but i had no idea about its application for edgehogging, and never quite figured out why i wasn't wall-clinging with it.

so thanks, milln (and all the other contributers). hopefully my lucario game gets a lot better now ;D

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
I have two questions.

First, can anyone give me some good advice on how to fight an Olimar who loves grabs and smashes?

Second, may I call you Milln-sensei?

Baky

Smash Journeyman
F-Smashes forcing him to keep some distance, but not enough for pikman throwing. In the air he is capable of out prioritizing you. Ultimately its not a fair match-up. If your able to get him off the stage once, however, just f-air to edgehog combination and you have it won.

Milln

Smash Champion
June 18th, 2008- omg yay update Matchup information on Meat Nite, Daisy. Would've been Toon and some more info on Peach but i fell asleep while typing T-T

T-T

QQQQQQQQ

First, can anyone give me some good advice on how to fight an Olimar who loves grabs and smashes?

Second, may I call you Milln-sensei?
Olimar is a chore to fight for me. D= His grab range is longer than out fsmash range. Seriously. Took me a little bit to get the hang of fighting him on WiFi (twelve matches, wtf), but you can look at this and see if it helps. It's the same type of Olimar you're having to fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIPJiMeeLM

Basically, it's wait for him to do something early, then jack him up and take his bike.

You can call me that if you want to. o,o

tedward2000

Smash Champion
"Milin"
(typing) So then when peach Dair's, you can dosfeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (loud snoring sound can be heard)

Was there keyboard marks on your face when you fell asleep?
-t2

Popertop

Smash Champion
Wow, that doesn't sound good. I hope its a misunderstanding on someone's part.
after some thinking, he meant be there after twelve, instead of "by twelve" as he said.
He Englished it wrong was all.

This is waaaay off topic, but I just finished watching the entire two seasons of an anime called "Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne", and now I'm sad because there isn't any more.
I'm going through anime withdrawl. >.>'
Any one else heard of it? It's great, and entirely TOO KYOOT, and if you enjoy anime, I highly recommend picking it up/watching it on youtube.

Milln

Smash Champion
after some thinking, he meant be there after twelve, instead of "by twelve" as he said.
He Englished it wrong was all.

This is waaaay off topic, but I just finished watching the entire two seasons of an anime called "Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne", and now I'm sad because there isn't any more.
I'm going through anime withdrawl. >.>'
Any one else heard of it? It's great, and entirely TOO KYOOT, and if you enjoy anime, I highly recommend picking it up/watching it on youtube.
Watch Lucky Star
Or Galaxy Angel
Or Angelic Layer
Or my favorite; Yu Yu Hakusho.

To everyone questioning me falling asleep: No, I didn't. I was taking a break after finishing the first Peach paragraph and, like always, I misjudged my ability to stay awake and fell asleep. D=

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Go watch Ouran High Host Club. Thats always a good watch, and if you've already seen it then... SEE IT AGAIN!
He may have a gay play style on smash but I wouldn't imagine that he watches some of the most homo-anime possible.

Lets get manly.

Watch some Berserk, Hajime no Ippo, or some GTO!!!

Timbers

check me out
He may have a gay play style on smash but I wouldn't imagine that he watches some of the most homo-anime possible.

Lets get manly.
I lol'd.

I'm watching Soul Eater and Macross Frontier. Both are pretty great. Soul Eater is just everything yes. Macross has some awesome animation/art. I'm normally not a fan of mechas but it's kept me entertained. They're both on ep 11 and 10 respectively, so yeah they're not completed yet. <.<

As to not go entirely off topic, thanks for the updates Milin

Rebonack

Smash Apprentice
Extra Aura Multipliers
-At no stock difference the minimum and maximum total aura boost (TAB) is x1 and x2, respectively.
-At a one stock disadvantage the minimum and maximum TAB is x1.2 and x2.4, respectively.
-At a two stock disadvantage the minimum and maximum TAB is x1.4 and x2.7, respectively.
-At a one stock advantage the minimum and maximum TAB is x0.9 and x1.8, respectively.
-At a two stock advantage the minimum and maximum TAB is x0.8 and x1.7, respectively.

Aura Multiplier Damage Cap
(A,A,A) 7%-14%, 170% cap.
(Ftilt) 9%-18.1%, 167% cap.
(Dtilt) 4.8%-9.8%, 166% cap.
(Utilt) 4.2%-8.4%, 170% cap.
(DSmash) 9.8%-19.6%, 169% cap.
(FSmash) 11.15%-22.3%, 165% cap.
(USmash) 9%-18.1%, 167% cap.
(Fthrow) 7%-14%, 170% cap.
(Uthrow) 4.2%-8.4%, 168% cap.
(grapple) 0.7%-1.4%, 170% cap.
(Nair) 7.7%-15.4%, 169% cap.
(Dair) 11.15%-22.3%, 168% cap.
(Bair) 8.4%-16.8%, 168% cap.
(Fair) 3.5%-7%, 170% cap.
(Uair) 7%-14%, 170% cap.
Lil' Aura Sphere 5.25%-10.5%, 170% cap.
Aura Sphere 13.1%-26.3%, 167% cap.
Force Palm Flame 6.2%-12.4%, 164% cap.
Force Palm Grab 9%-18.1%, 167% cap.
Double Team 7.7%-15.4%, 169% cap.

That comes out to an average of 168% as the cap. Though nothing goes above 170% in terms of where its cap is. So just saying that the cap is 170 would probably be the safest, most accurate bet.

Rebonack

Smash Apprentice
And I even cut out all of my useless rambling just for you.

=P

Speaking of cutting things out, that first quote of mine can be removed since it's redundant with the new one.

Popertop

Smash Champion
The reason that KKJ was so impossibly cute was b/c of it's themes that hit WAAAAAAY close to home with me. Divorced parents, lonliness, noble causes, finding love, also finding yourself. Call me a woman, go ahead. I just couldn't get enough. I was like, "This is Sailor Moon, but it's not. OH GEEZ." Also, Maron is TOO CUTE. So cute. Unbearably cute. Gosh. So much unwarranted cuteness. Just an outrageous amount of cute going on.
I've seen all but a few intermittent episodes of YuYuHakusho, the ones after the tournament is done, where he fights the S rank demons. I guess school got in the way, I dunno. That huge @$$ Spirit gun was BA though.

On topic: So how much sooner/later could we hit the Aura cap at these various stock advantages/disadvantages?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Just in case we don't have it yet: at 0% up to about 30% on most characters, Lucario can combo Dtilt into a running attack or running grab/forcepalm.

Also: every one of Lucario's jab- jab-attack combos can be escaped via jumping. :(

The good news? Your opponent wastes their second jump. I still reccommend jab jab grab for best results.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Note that some character's jumps are slow and low. So Ike or possibly other characters may not be able to jump fast enough out of the way

Milln

Smash Champion
I'm looking into something that was mentioned a little while ago. Be on the lookout. I tested it out today on some acquaintances and it worked nicely. Hopin' for good results.

Edit: This is very interesting. Video up tomorrow.

Timbers

check me out
Just in case we don't have it yet: at 0% up to about 30% on most characters, Lucario can combo Dtilt into a running attack or running grab/forcepalm.

Also: every one of Lucario's jab- jab-attack combos can be escaped via jumping. :(

The good news? Your opponent wastes their second jump. I still reccommend jab jab grab for best results.
Yeah, I was pretty aware of this already. I'll still go for forcepalm, but only after one jab. I feel like my succession rate in pulling the FP to be much greater than giving them more time to retaliate when using two jabs. Maybe it's just dumb luck. Dunno.

Jab to grab sounds like a nice alternative as well. I know you mentioned it before, but I've yet to really implement it into my game. It sounds a lot less riskier than a whiffed forcepalm, and the reward-to-risk ratio seems much more appealing than FP or ftilt.

Milin, I look forward to the video =3

tedward2000

Smash Champion
SHOCKER ALERT!
I have gone away from the jab+jab+FP, to just plain old jab+jab+jab.
I know its frowned upon, but I like it. Gives me room to breathe in.
I still use AA+FP, but not as much as I used to. So there's still hope!

Edit*
New video?!?!
noice! is it named Inner Fire 26, just for kicks?

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Inner Fire 26: I've run out of ideas.

=P but yeah, maybe it's because most of my matches have been on wifi lately but I end up doing a lot of AAA's instead of other finishers. Probably because the button lag changes every match and I just don't get used to it but either way, I want to get back into the habit of AAsomethingtilt

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
Play one-handed while enjoying a soda or muffin if you wish. Seriously. Unless you're ASLEEP(both literally and figuratively), this match should be absolutely no trouble concluding with your victory. This is mainly a skillcheck.
i, as someone that uses lucario alot, agrees with everything on this page except what you wrote about ike.
I'm a really good Ike and my friend is fairly good with lucario. i am better than all my friends, and the only minor challenge i can get is playing a team of three 9 cpu's set on characters with more advantages.
anywho, i put him on a team with a level 9 cpu to negate the minor skill difference (I'm super-good, he's really-good).
they were both lucarios and i destroyed them with ike.

here's the problem matching ike up against lucario: A good Ike knows how to make up for the speed difference. rolling to avoid aurasphere, rolling alot during close-range, and charging up+a when lucario's vulnerable.

lucario has advantages and ike has advantages. it's all about using counter well, avoiding well, and charging attacks at the right time to the right strength.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
On ground level, lucario still has the upperhand.
Ike is slow himself, but Lucario is slow, but faster then Ike. And Lucario has more range.
Then take it to the air, and Lucario will destroy Ike. Anther doesn't have much for a recovery, so all Lucario has to do, is get Ike off the stage enough and Ike will plummet (minus if the IKe doesn't use his Side-B). And AS, Lucario has a projectile. Aura sphere, it will be a pain for Ike. Plus, lucario gets stronger with more %, but this is risky sense Ike can kill at low %'s. If the lucario can keep his %, then its a done deal.

But its also in skill. If a good Ike player knows how to fight Lucario, then the tides can change.
But over all, Lucario as many advantages against Ike, making their matchup in Lucarios favor.
-t2

Top Bottom