• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Melee tourney in New York, NY February 23

KingLe3

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament:chuckle:

When: February 23, 2008

Time: 12pm- ?? (depends on who comes)

Where: New York, NY Manhattan Circuit City 43rd and 5th ave CALL: 212-808-5280 for info or BEST TO COME INTO STORE

Game Rules: SSBM --
__ Double Elimination bracket
__ Matches are best of 3, double elimination, Grand finals best of 7
__ 4 stock, 8-minute limit
__ Ties broken by lives, then percentage
__ Items OFF
__ Singles $5/person

_Stages/Characters:
__ Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
__ Neutral stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium.
__ Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, MKI, MKII, Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, Onett and Yoshi's Island 64
__ Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
__ Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

Bring own controllers And SIGN UP before TORNEY ON HERE or EMAIL best by email must bring (5$)money on the day of torney

WINNERS WILL GET Smash Bros. Brawl Game for the WII for FREE

ANY INFO EMAIL ME AT adejesus212@gmail.com or AIM: bigleealex

KingLe3

Smash Cadet
Cool guys bring as many people as possible we trying to make this the best and biggest this year with great prizes we will make the prizes larger for more people so come all

thanks

AquaDarkness

Smash Rookie
Hey, I might be able to come although I'm quite noob. Heheh..
But is there doubles? Or is it just Singles? And can you reveal info on the prizes?

(Where can I register?)

EDIT: I just noticed it's singles only, and that the prize is SSBB (good for me if I win because I haven't pre-ordered it :laugh:).
But still, how/where can I register? I live in NJ by the way.

KingLe3

Smash Cadet
Hey, I might be able to come although I'm quite noob. Heheh..
But is there doubles? Or is it just Singles? And can you reveal info on the prizes?

(Where can I register?)

EDIT: I just noticed it's singles only, and that the prize is SSBB (good for me if I win because I haven't pre-ordered it :laugh:).
But still, how/where can I register? I live in NJ by the way.
You guys can sign up at the Store its at 43rd st 5th ave its circuit city but its called THE CITY just go in and ask for smah torny sign ups

also will last until there is a winner dont know how long it will last also umm no warm ups sorry since there is limited size to play so yeah srry but it will be awesome so please come all

if there r any questions please email me at adejesus212@gmail.com or AIM: bigleealex

Alukard

Smash Hero
DAMMMM i can't go ... girlfriends bday party ... umm jesus i thought u were going to the party too ?? lol .. well w.e ... someone i kno IS going to win this =) ... jaden or broadmaster lol ... win this for me ^_^

ALSO HEYYYY ALEX =)

KingLe3

Smash Cadet
hey guys cool i want as many to come like i said if u cant come by the store to sign up email me or IM me ur name and email Thanks

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
LOL. Very odd. I was going to job search again around this date when the elements aren't against me. It's cheap so I might as well do this as a farewell to Melee.
This time I'll be in the proper mindset. I'll E-Mail you then.

Cia

das kwl
chewman - nope..

ZS falcon - double elimination means that there will be a second tournament bracket for those who have lost in the first bracket.

ex. if you lose your first round, you will have a second chance you win the tournament competing against those who have lost one round aleady.

basically, you have to lose 2 sets in order to be knocked out.

alex - I'm still spreading the word to more people. however, getting people to go to the store and register (before the day of the tournament) will be a hassle. it might be easier if we had them give there information online and let them register on the tournament day.

IF YOUR COMING TO THIS, PLEASE POST UP!!!!

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
is there seriously only first prize, cuz i'm pretty sure I know who's gonna win, and what happens if 50 people show up at a circuit city...is there a cap off, there's a lot of money coming in for a 50$ game.

Cia

das kwl
is there seriously only first prize, cuz i'm pretty sure I know who's gonna win, and what happens if 50 people show up at a circuit city...is there a cap off, there's a lot of money coming in for a 50$ game.
no, that's why we're trying to count how many people are coming. the more people that show up, the bigger the prize will be. the venue is CIRCUIT CITY. so just use your imagination. :-]

**POST YOUR INFORMATION IF YOU'RE COMING SO YOU CAN BE REGISTERED IN THIS FORMAT PLEASE

Gamer Tag / Name
Email Address

here's my info.

VaNz
CxOxSxMxO@tmail.com

Snakeee

Smash Master
I might go...I'd be alot more excited if I didn't have this game already though. But it'd be nice to have the English version. Also, Light stop labeling people as noobs X_X.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Eh, probably another tournament that TSA will dominate. Gah. What else would be new?

I might come, along with 3-6 other people.

Cia

das kwl
Eh, probably another tournament that TSA will dominate. Gah. What else would be new?

I might come, along with 3-6 other people.
TSA isn't dominating anything ;)

and good stuff, whenever ever you get a chance, just post they're information if you can

snakeee - good stuff

looking forward to seeing everyone

Top Bottom