• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portland Kombat, Portland Oregon's Bi-Weekly

Binx

Smash Master
The next bi weekly should be on the 29th at my place, I don't know my address, I just moved in though so it might not happen I will make sure and let everyone know, as far as today goes I dont have anything set up yet or a bed or anything so gimme some time if I can set up everything fairly early then I can post the address up here, if you can make other plans though I would.

Binx

Smash Master
K i have become successfully moved in. Pretty awesome I have my own dead quiet lonely room =(
Sometime soon I will need to fill it with smashers.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yeah, the 29th is Super Champ Combo in SoCal.
You should make the next biweekly a big deal so we have an excuse to go all the way up to Portland.

Binx

Smash Master
That would be the 13th? I think thats a bit much for so early, I want to have 2 smaller ones first. Lets have the next one on the 29th and maybe another small one on the 6th then we could do the 20th for a big one perhaps, I'll run it by my roomie.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
How about early November for "The Big One"? SF:E is probably going to be pushed back a week. So you'll have to squeeze it in between Halloween and Thanksgiving. After that, all chaos breaks loose.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Portland/NOregon should be having weeklies like Eugene--This is why Eugene is getting too good!
Remember, we're setting up the non-profit monthlies, something like SF:E is seasonal now.
So, focus on small gatherings more often rather than big events less often. Everyone in the Portland area needs to play regularly and then everyone south of you guys practices regularly and we get together and see how we're improving and give each other advice.

Binx

Smash Master
Portland doesn't have anywhere to host weeklies... and most of the people in portland dont have time to play every single week either. I wish I had time to run around and find a venue for weekly tournaments but I really don't as far as practice is concerned yeah we all definitely should practice as often as possible.

Binx

Smash Master
lets go head and officialize the tournament for the 6th, the 8th happens to be my birthday so maybe we can combine it, this way you guys can bring me free stuff along with having a cool smash fest /grin.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
hey jux i think im off at like 3pm tomorrow, call me whenever you get a phone, cause i wanna smash super bad, and try this time.

Binx

Smash Master
I am gonna run to my parents house today to pick up some stuff i can call you then, hopefully before three if you get this though I still dont have a phone, should soon however, gonna have to wait until monday. Girls are so expensive... sigh.

Juce

Smash Ace
this weekend eh? i was going to have people come over to my house to smash. i guess now i'll talk to them about going there.

wait, ****. kevvviiinnn most likely wont be able to go...

Binx

Smash Master
cmins in finally some smash and not WOW
Im not sure I understand this sentence but I will assume it means you are going to play smash brothers instead of world of incredibly boring gameplay lack of challenge too much time and money spent on it warcraft

cmin

Smash Ace
time is what i have TOO MUCH here in college! and noone really smashes in corvallis. no motivation

Binx

Smash Master
what happened to playing with OC and MCS and all those dorm smashers? Dude, go to parties or something dont waste college on WoW, at least play a social game if your gonna game.

cmin

Smash Ace
there are no parties at 11a.m when you are waiting to go to class at 2pm.

cmin

Smash Ace
thats stupid no there isnt. point im trying to make, i only play it on down time!

Binx

Smash Master
So who's coming over the day after tommorow, I need to confirm some people, also we need TVs and set ups.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
i have 2 tvs i can bring, but one of them needs the rf adapter cause it doesnt have the 3 prongs of color stuff, and my cube, i need a ride maybe though unless gf is off.

Binx

Smash Master
i have 2 tvs i can bring, but one of them needs the rf adapter cause it doesnt have the 3 prongs of color stuff, and my cube, i need a ride maybe though unless gf is off.
Awesome, can you bring recording equipement, hopefully as a B-day present to me people will let me get matches in so I can make a combo video, I can DL the software to my computer and just set up the TV in my room to record matches the whole time, so you dont need to bring your laptop if you dont want to.

Danke danke,
Binxy

Binx

Smash Master
gauranteed Mortal Combat music playing during winners Finals, also if Jayce brings his cords it will be recorded =)

Binx

Smash Master
come on t!mmy, its like a birthday present if you and tommy come, you guys should show up and bring plenty of others. I am trying to get recording set up on my main TV and I want to get a match/set against everyone who comes with Tags to celebrate improvement.

Juce

Smash Ace
weeeee

can i come friday night? 'cause that would be cool. so i can avoid my dad and sister about fixing the deck this weekend

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah, my address is 4114 NE 74th, I live right off sandy, my cell number is 503-935-0087, gimme a call when your near 74th and sandy and I can walk you the rest of the way, I have a hidabed in my room you can use too =)

Jessie - Bring Yugioh Cards =D

Top Bottom