• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach in Brawl

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Good news: DoH has confirmed that the most recent screenshot features Peach's BAir! BAir + FAir = Aerial Goodness. :grin:

True, but...I'm worried about her moveset again.

If they rearange her moveset, playing her would be a bit weird at first. I mean, take a look at Mario. His down B has been replace with F.L.U.D.D. His Tornado has been moved to his Dair (which is what we're guessing). It's gonna be a bit awkward, depending on how his other moves are. Like, his Tornado, along with the cape, and his Up B, was meant for recovery. This is gonna be a benifit in some way for Mario players.

Now, we know Peach is really good, but we're not sure how much benifit she'll have.
Well, it's a new game. Playing as ANY character will presumably be "weird" or at least slightly. If the idea is to balance the game by benefiting characters who need it, so be it. My guess is that he will weaken Fox (no damage shine!) and Sheik, probably Falco as well. Marth might not even make the cut, so it's too hard to say. Peach will likely get some tweaks made--at least minor ones--to her Special Moves, so I'm eagerly awaiting her update. Both her Standard and Side Specials saw limited use, and I think that Sakurai will aim to change that. SMs are what make the game "fun", "exciting", and "unique". They exemplify each character's respective personality and history.

Replacing mario's current dair from melee with what you're suggesting would literally make his dair almost useless. Why? Who WOULDN'T see that coming? He'd have to be in the right position just to get it to execute properly on the other players. It's like seeing my gannon coming from above. While not guranteed, it's pretty obvious that i'd go with my meteor smash. As would everyone else. However, in my case, the usefulness is clearly more obvious.
The Tornado has different properties, though. It's not a Meteor Smash; it's a vortex. I don't quite understand your logic here. :ohwell:

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
To focus less on Mario and more on the one he ends up saving every other week...

Since we now know that specials can be changed from their Melee counterparts, I'm beginning to wonder if Peach Bomber will return as a special or also be made part of her standard moves. However, standard moves don't have the explosive factor. Seems like the more we know, the less we know.

i dont care if peach makes it or not
Was there even a point to that since we know Peach is already in the game?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
As far as her movesets, I think they'll show it sometime this week or next. Either case, I'm wondering what new moves she has.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I think so, too! If we get a SM update this week, it will definitely go to Peach. In other words, "Peachy's got it!"

:laugh:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm wondering...do you think Peach would have a unique technique that only a few could have? (like Tether Recovery) I doubt she could glide. That would make her REALLY annoying and broken :p

And do you think she'll have her own level?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm wondering...do you think Peach would have a unique technique that only a few could have? (like Tether Recovery) I doubt she could glide. That would make her REALLY annoying and broken :p

And do you think she'll have her own level?
Well, she already has the ability to float, so there's no reason for her to get another "unique technique". (Floating was also reconfirmed by the wonderful DoH in the PS2 screenshot; Peach is performing a floating BAir).

I would like to see Peach have her own level, but it's hard to say. So far, two Mario stages have been revealed: Delfino Plaza (update) and Mario Circuit (no update). F.L.U.D.D. makes it seem as though Delfino Plaza will be "Mario's stage" (unofficially of course), but Mario Circuit is more directly related to the plumber. Maybe they'll change it to Luigi Circuit...? I'd like to see her fight on Vibe Island, or--better yet--in her castle! Occasionally, portraits will appear; if a character jumps into it, the stage will transport to that location (i.e. Bob-Omb Battlefield) temporarily, or until another portrait appears.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, she already has the ability to float, so there's no reason for her to get another "unique technique". (Floating was also reconfirmed by the wonderful DoH in the PS2 screenshot; Peach is performing a floating BAir).
No no, not THAT type of technique. I mean like Pit, able to glide because he has wings. Or Link able to tether recovery with his hook shot. Or people able to do the footstomp jump

I mean something like THAT for Peach. I know she can float, that's no lie. But I was curious to see if she has a technical technique that only a few could do.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
No no, not THAT type of technique. I mean like Pit, able to glide because he has wings. Or Link able to tether recovery with his hook shot. Or people able to do the footstomp jump

I mean something like THAT for Peach. I know she can float, that's no lie. But I was curious to see if she has a technical technique that only a few could do.
Oh, silly me! :laugh:

I really like kirbykid's idea about allowing Peach to pick up characters via the Turnip Pull (as she could SMB2), along with items (i.e. boxes, barrels) and certain projectiles (i.e. Samus' missiles, Link's bombs). It's one of the most brilliant homages to SMB2 that I have heard in a while.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Looks like a certain blondie has a tennis Racket :D
"Racquet", but YAYYY! FSmash is back in action. This essentially reconfirms the golf club and the frying pan as well--or at least we can hope so.

I believe they will nerf her Down-Smash... cos if they dont...
I 'on' know...
Let's go.

WHATCHU KNOW 'BOUT ME, WHATCHU WHATCHU KNOW 'BOUT ME?
WHATCHU KNOW 'BOUT ME, WHATCHU WHATCHU KNOWWWW?

Peach's lip gloss be poppin'. :laugh:

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Its kinda hard to keep it alive, what can we really talk about? I guess we can be like every other thread on here, and rotate/repeat the same topics every 5 pages or so. But peach fans are smarter, they read previous pages and dont repeat....So, with that said.....

Final Smash: Peach pulls only stitch face, bombs, and swords from the ground (invincible), while toad...does something.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Its kinda hard to keep it alive, what can we really talk about? I guess we can be like every other thread on here, and rotate/repeat the same topics every 5 pages or so. But peach fans are smarter, they read previous pages and dont repeat....So, with that said.....
I understand. It's a bit hard and all.

Maybe we could talk about Peach's matchups. That'd be a interesting topic, right?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I 'on' know...
Let's go.

WHATCHU KNOW 'BOUT ME, WHATCHU WHATCHU KNOW 'BOUT ME?
WHATCHU KNOW 'BOUT ME, WHATCHU WHATCHU KNOWWWW?

Peach's lip gloss be poppin'. :laugh:
Chants:

"FI-NAL SMASH! FI-NAL SMASH! FI-NAL SMASH!"

>_>

<_<

*creeps back out of topic, never to appear again*

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Nuuuuuu, it's like this

"My Fsmash is cool, My Dsmash is popping, My Fsmash is cool, all the johns keeps crying!"

XD
Or :
"My FSmash is cool,
My DSmash be poppin',
I'm Smashin' all these furries,
The johns are never stoppin'!"

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Or :
"My FSmash is cool,
My DSmash be poppin',
I'm Smashin' all these furries,
The johns are never stoppin'!"

That works a lot better XD

But let's talk about Peach's matchups

We may not have her moves or FS yet, but it seems several of the characters could give her trouble. Pokemon trainer with 3 or more possible styles. Snake, though a heavy hitter, show some unique combos, and Meta Knight seems fast. Not to mention Pit could be the new Marth. Let's not forget the New shiek, ZSS

any insights on these matchups?

vesperview

Smash Hero
That works a lot better XD

But let's talk about Peach's matchups

We may not have her moves or FS yet, but it seems several of the characters could give her trouble. Pokemon trainer with 3 or more possible styles. Snake, though a heavy hitter, show some unique combos, and Meta Knight seems fast. Not to mention Pit could be the new Marth. Let's not forget the New shiek, ZSS

any insights on these matchups?
She can handle it.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
raphtmarqui - Hard to say. Kinda doubt it though, but we can only hope.

Mecko - Maybe so, but what about Zero Suit Samus or Pokemon trainer? ZSS seems like she can jump high O.O

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I still think it's too early to start thinking about matchups until we've seen a sizeable amount of gameplay footage for ALL of the characters--which is still second only to actual hands-on information. If I HAD to speculate, though, I would say that it seems as if Meta Knight will give Peach the most trouble because his quick slashes and Dimensional Cape will make it difficult for Peach to earn a lead-in with a turnip. =/

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I still think it's too early to start thinking about matchups until we've seen a sizeable amount of gameplay footage for ALL of the characters--which is still second only to actual hands-on information. If I HAD to speculate, though, I would say that it seems as if Meta Knight will give Peach the most trouble because his quick slashes and Dimensional Cape will make it difficult for Peach to earn a lead-in with a turnip. =/
It's nice to speculate on SOME of the characters at least. It helps to get a early view on the matchup. Plus it'll be nice to laugh at after we figure out they're not THAT much of an issue.

Plus, it's keeping the topic alive. I dunno how many times I had to keep bumping this thread to first page :p

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin <3's This Topic
Well of course XD I love anything Peach related (unless it's plots against her XD)

Im glad they didnt give her a Super Princess Peach moveset...
While they didn't give her a moveset of Super Princess Peach, I'm pretty sure they might give her a MOVE of it. Just like Mario got the F.L.U.D.D. from the Super Mario Sunshine game (from the GC), we could get a Peach move from either the GC or the DS

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Methinks her moodswings will have to do wit her Final Smash.
Agreed!

Well of course XD I love anything Peach related (unless it's plots against her XD)

While they didn't give her a moveset of Super Princess Peach, I'm pretty sure they might give her a MOVE of it. Just like Mario got the F.L.U.D.D. from the Super Mario Sunshine game (from the GC), we could get a Peach move from either the GC or the DS
But don't you paradoxically support a nerfed DSmash? I thought I saw you agree with someone's proposition that the DSmash get nerfed, which I cannot fathom as a fellow Peach player.

I agree, though, that a single move based on SPP is possible. Maybe she'll have a new Side Special! :grin:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
But don't you paradoxically support a nerfed DSmash? I thought I saw you agree with someone's proposition that the DSmash get nerfed, which I cannot fathom as a fellow Peach player.

I agree, though, that a single move based on SPP is possible. Maybe she'll have a new Side Special! :grin:
I agree to the Dsmash gets nerfed because it'll give a better image on Peach. People thinks that the Dsmash, along with pulling out items and stichfaces makes her a 'cheap' character. Really, I don't want the Dsmash to get nerfed, but if it does, I can live with it. As long as it does its effect (such as it being flinged to the opposite side), I really don't mind.

Top Bottom