• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goop's AZ Tourney 3 (Labor Day on September 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Wobbles beat forward, idk who won the singles tourney though. I had to leave early.

btw, to the two guys who were in the finals that weren't forward and Wobbles, I'm sorry I had to take the TV away.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Doubles Tournament:

1: We <3 Smash Girls ($80.00)
2: Team Obilivion ($48.00)
3: Anakin Optimus Prime ($32.00)
4: 2 Guys, 4 C-Sticks
5: Sparkle Motion
5: Team Quicker Oats
7: B.O. Busters
7: STB
9: Black Mamba and Pai Mei
9: Shenanaggins
9: Losers Bracket
9: Team Sex Train
13: I don't know
13: Team Super Christ
13: Chains
13: Turn it up

Singles Tournament:

1: Forward ($80.00)
2: Wobbles the Phoenix ($48.00)
3: BloodoftheFallen ($32.00)
4: Light
5: Kyne
5: Ruben
7: AZenith
7: Yoko
9: AltF4Warrior
9: ChaosTheory
9: Toro
9: Dark
13: Gammage
13: Ka
13: JMESA
13: Doctor W
17: CHUK
17: Vat-Zero
17: Monk
17: Darth Ryan
17: Darth Mike
17: Roanoke
17: Hax
17: maxXxpower
25: ABIDE
25: Tai
25: Machii
25: Kid A
25: Fukc
25: Drew
25: Ava
25: Jon Kil

Good turnout and good times. I had fun and it was great meeting all the new people. I hope the food was good and that everyone had a good time.

Thanks to all the people who traveled far to come and much thanks to all the people who helped by bringing equipment.

I probably am done with tournaments for while so I don't expect to do any soon. But check on the boards or through the grapevine to see if anything is on the horizon, you never know.

Oh and BWill if you could keep the thread open for a few days so that people can give shout outs or talk about it that would be cool, maybe like a week, tops. Thanks.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
shoutouts:

Wakka aka Kyne aka I feel asleep aka Joe aka Samus. : Teams was good dude. Crab was epic. Good Times Good Times.

Goop: Great tourney, it was fun playing again. It went fairly smooth and huge tournout.
Wobbles: Your crazy man...your crazy.
B : 2 c sticks still cracks me up.
Sesh: Hello
Sean: Still too good
Light: Your peach is so good its aggrivating. Haha but no seriously good matches man.
Dark: Craaazzzzy team matches
STB: you guys are cool. Dont know all of you but cool playing you again.

Everyone else that was new...I don't know you guys...but good to see the AZ smash scene still growing. Good luck with future games.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good games to all that I played. Great tournament.

I'll give more proper shoutouts later. But thanks to Goop for holding the tournament and keeping it running smoothly throughout.

G'night!

Corigames

Smash Hero
It sucks I missed this, but Tim didn't want to give me a ride there, so we just owned noobs at school.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I forgot the snow cones, guys.

Other than that it was a an awesome first tourney for myself and the other three members of TCB (fukc, kid a, and ABIDE).

I think I'll be editorializing my experience w/ MS Word and posting it in the Southwest division thread.

Great playing you all. You were all great.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
We <3 Smash Girls - Sean & Omar
Team Oblivion - Dark & Light
Anakin Optimus Prime - James & Zenith
2 Guys, 4 C-Sticks - Brandon & Rob

those are the top 4 that i know. shout outs later, i just woke up and too lazy right now

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
Trent-Teams was fun, we gotta try and work our double puff some more lol also crab WAS epic.

Omar-man, our matches were intense. always good to play ya man.

Sean-Glad to see ya again finally after your journey

Brandon-Sporting the C-sticks of doom suits you well.

Rob-How well you combo into wobbling scares me sometimes.

Goop-Sammiches=good

Light-your Peach is ridiculous, had fun playing ya.

As Choastheory said, its nice to see the AZ smash scene still growing, GL to all the new guys.

jonkil

Smash Apprentice
goops tourny was alot of fun. it showed my talents as a smash player and how to improve on them. light was fun to play too.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
That tourney was great. Well organized and the food was good too. I hope theres another next month. Big props to Goop. It was awesome playing everyone.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Good times were had by myself and STB.

First off, I want to thank Goop for hosting this thing. I finally got around to going to one of your events, and I'm sure this won't be the last. Friendlies with you were too good. We need to smash more often.

Sean - You're too good. So good, in fact, that I signed that list as much as I could. I'd like to think that my friendlies with you taught me something, but I can always learn more. Anyway, congrats on first; forward too good.

Rob - Friendlies with you were also fun, and you are too good. Did you ride your bike to this thing? How far from Manny do you live?

Team Oblivion - You guys are too cool, as always. It was good to play Brad after us not playing for so long. He still ***** hard. Dark, I'm gonna get you buddy. You'll fear the Falcon Punch. ;)

Trent - You're too good. We must play more so I find the secret to fighting Jiggs. Anywho, it was good playing you on both teams and singles.

TCB - You guys are getting pretty good pretty quickly. Good ish to Jacob and his placing.

Dan - Is too good at life. Good times are had when STB and AltF4 meet. Friendlies were pretty sweet as well.

CHUK - Good stuff, mengs. You are getting too good for your own good. You're brother is pretty good for the amount of experience he has, too.

Tai - Keep at it, man, I see good things for you.

Axe and Tag - SV is way too cool. Axe's Pika scares me, not to mention his Fox. Tag, we didn't play this time. We must change that soon. It sucks you guys couldn't stay longer, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Omar told me he had a fun time playing with Axe, and I had a fun time watching those matches. STB and SV shall have an alliance.

BenX - Man, I haven't played you since AZOne, and I see that you're still no easy feat. It was really nice playing with you, though. I hope we play again. Did somebody say you lived in Surprise? If so, we must play more regularly.

STB - You guys are awesome. Good Match Johns!

As Trent and many others have said, AZ's younger scene is promising. AZ too good.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
BenX if you live in Surprise I'm going to seriously smack you the next time I see you lol. I used to live like a minute from there. Now I'm at school, but anyway yeah.

*Posted in Linux (I think Trent would be proud)*

CHUK

Smash Ace
Alrighty, Shout out times.

Manny - You are an awesome dude for keeping the Phoenix smash community alive with this. Thank you so much.

Dan - Teams were fun. I thought we did alright. I had fun. It was too bad I had to face your Marth at the end I should have gone Fox or Sheik. Why did I stay IC's!? :p. You're a much much better player than me so I didn't deserve that set but I am getting better.

Sean - It was awesome to finally play you and have you destroy my characters. I was the green/yellow climbers. They are teh coldest ever. Watching you actually did help me learn some things and makes me want to get better. That was real cool of you to teach Ugly some stuff. Your brain travels at the speed of sound.

Rob - Awesome shirt. It was nice to meet you at last and get destroyed by you and see you do tricksiez that are way too nasty like that nuts edge grab thingy ma-****-jigg. You're a cool dude.

Brandon - Your marth is nasty, it was fun having you and wobbles take turns owning me.

Light and Dark - You guys are some of the friendliest guys there. You guys did awesome in teams. Light I was hoping the best for you in singles and Dark your sheik ditto with sean was fun to watch, even though you were green. What are your guys real names? I think Brad and Greg?

STB - You guys are too good. Oscar I could barely recognize you with the haircut, it looks sharp. That is too bad STB vs STB had to happen. None of us got to play but my little brother was eliminated by STB, he said that Bryan's marth was awesome at spacing which I have to say Bryan your marth is a beast. You guys are awesome dudes. Keep up being too good.

Ugly and your crew - Ugly I notice you are getting alot better, I didn't get to see the rest of your crew but you are coming along quite nicely. Those tips from Sean will probably help you out alot.

Axe and Tag - Axe it was nice to meet you, your Pika was obviously holding a wide lens and using zap cannon. Tag it was nice to see you again. We never got to 1 v 1. You were the first guy that I played outside of my friends so it was cool to see you again Brian, you did good against Sean.

Ted and my little brother - OMG!! Watching your Peach team dittos was HILARIOUS. We <3 Smash Girls vs A Peach ditto team!! Lol that was too good. Corneria!? Lol, nubz :p. That stuff was funny.

Doctor W - Sup bro. Our DK Climbers team friendlies were to good, DK 64 For the home advantage hax. DK taunt for the win. I am coming over tomarrow kthnx bai.

EDIT: Everyone else it was awesome to be creamed in a room with like 30 other sweaty men (JAY KAY!). I fealt like I was in a small venue, too good.

DQ by Goop's house: You *******s!! I am going to kill you *****es! You gave me food posioning and I puked my stomach out when I got home.

Goop's red Powerade: You made my puke look t00 c00l. I thought I was puking blood at first. Nice mindgames.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
BenX if you live in Surprise I'm going to seriously smack you the next time I see you lol. I used to live like a minute from there. Now I'm at school, but anyway yeah.

*Posted in Linux (I think Trent would be proud)*

*posted in mac emulated by windows being run in vmware on ubuntu*

AXE 09

Smash Master
dang guys! that was awesome!!! i just wish i could've stayed for singles ='( dang, everyone was so awesome there, and goop, thx a lot for the food and stuff, it was good, especially the candy haha, if there's one next month, then i'm deefinately gonna try to go to that

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Alrighty, Shout out times
Ugly and your crew - Ugly I notice you are getting alot better, I didn't get to see the rest of your crew but you are coming along quite nicely. Those tips from Sean will probably help you out alot.
I don't have a crew unless you count STB. STB, Dark, Light, and TCB are all I really know. I guess you and Dan too, but I didn't get to see you much yet.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Double penetration? No, don't be sorry, be grateful.

But yeah, Ugly plays with us a lot. Good times.

I can't stress enough that this tourney was too good. The most fun I've had since OC3.

CHUK

Smash Ace
I was thinking of TCB. I did play abide. your samus wasn't too bad it just needs some work. I am no samus pro so I have no reccomendations besides more wavedashing and mix your recovery up more. Oh, bomb jump attacks are pretty hacked like lay a bomb hold away lay another use momentum to get back to first bomb to hop you up and attack or missile or wahtever and can be used for mindgames if your opponent runs into one of your bombs, it is more variation than what I said.

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
well thanks chuk it was really fun to get to see you again to lol. your play ic's right ? and ye sean is seriously way to good but i almost had him lol maybe next time! this tourny was lots of fun im glad me and axe could come down and hang with all of you guys, i really hope there is another one next month. i got to play alot of new faces but i missed out on playing the stb all starz and light and dark which had me bummed but i will def play you guys next time

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I got to play AXE--I was really happy about that. His spot on the PR is well deserved, that guy is a beast. We need to finish our Pokemon battle, AXE.

AXE 09

Smash Master
yeah! we definately need to play vat-zero lol. and Geez maxxxpower, you have a very nice mewtwo! i was like what the heck... who's good with MEWTWO? lol. well actually Vectorman has a grea mewtwo, but i was really suprised at how good yours was. we do need to finish that match, i'll be looking forward to it

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
i was sad i couldn't make it to this. i got sick and i guess i was dying or something...idk.

sounds like u guys had fun.

so u wont be hosting another one for a while goop?

Goop

Smash Journeyman
i was sad i couldn't make it to this. i got sick and i guess i was dying or something...idk.

sounds like u guys had fun.

so u wont be hosting another one for a while goop?
Yes, maybe around Halloween but I don't have any plans for sure.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
yeah! we definately need to play vat-zero lol. and Geez maxxxpower, you have a very nice mewtwo! i was like what the heck... who's good with MEWTWO? lol. well actually Vectorman has a grea mewtwo, but i was really suprised at how good yours was. we do need to finish that match, i'll be looking forward to it
Thanks, mengs. Your Pika is too crazy. Hopefully, next time we shall finish our pokemon battle.

Speaking of which, I saw Goopaloop with a copy of D/P and he was asking for battles. I'd love to take him up when I get my own copy of D/P. Who might Manny use?

Goop

Smash Journeyman
My team is... not so good right now.

Even Dan beats me! (jk jk <3 Dan)

But I would have to say my best line up right now is: Infernape, Weaville, Lucario, Gyrados, Dragonite and Alakazam.

Edit: BWill you can go ahead and close this thread now.

CHUK

Smash Ace
If you have another tourny you should have a low teir tourny or even a low teir doubles. How nuts would that be? Taj ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom