• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goop's AZ Tourney 3 (Labor Day on September 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
GAZT3
When:
- Labor day on Monday September 3rd

Where:
- 4533 S. Mill Ave. Tempe, AZ 85282 (PARK OUTSIDE OF COMPLEX)

What:
- Doubles, Double Elimination, Best out of Three and Finals Best out of Five

- Singles, Double Elimination, Best out of Three and Finals Best out of Five (See rules below)

Price:
- $20 per team for the doubles tournament (which includes a meal after the tournament of a ham or turkey sandwich, a coke, a bag of chip and candy, also there will be chips, candy and drinks sold all day)

- $5 dollars per player for singles

Times:

- Doubles Tournament starts at 12:30 PM

- Food Break starts at 4:00 PM and ends at 4:45 PM

- Singles Tournament starts at 5:00 PM

Rules:
- Matches are best out of three with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finals best out of five

- Pot payout will be 50% for 1st, 30% for 2nd, and 20% 3rd place

- DON'T GET GRABBED! (This means Wobbling is allowed)

- Taj's Better Rule (A stage can only be used as a counter pick more than once only if you lost on that stage)

- Random select on first match (If it is the second set of the 1st place match the loser of the first set may counter pick)

- Both Players can choose to strike one stage from the Random Select

- Money Match at your own discretion

- Random select stages: FOD, FD, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium (Note: FOD will be replaced by Kongo Jungle 64 as random select stage for doubles)

- 8 minute time limit

- No using moves or techniques to stall the match (i.e. Jiggypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Bomb Jump), if you are determined to be stalling you will receive a warning

- No pausing

- Advanced Slob Picks (The loser of a match picks the next stage to play, then the winner picks their character followed by the loser picking their character)

- Counter pick from the six random select stages and Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria (Note: Mute City will be removed from the counter pick stages for doubles)

- Character picks are double blind, if needed

- No items

- Bring Your Own Controller

- You must report to each match within three minutes, failure to do so will result in the loss of first match of set. Six minutes or more late will result in the loss of set

- Respect your opponent. No yelling at or physically distracting your opponent in anyway. Try start and end matches with a handshake. No personal attacks or smears

- Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a warning in which you will be advised of the rules of the tournament, a second violation will result in you losing the current match. A third violation will result in a disqualification which will eliminate you from the tournament

Note:
- I will be judging and administering the tournament. Any questions regarding the rules should be directed towards me. I will enforce any rules stated above and I reserve the right to use my fair judgment regarding all aspects of the rules

- Any questions call me at (# removed) or message me or email me. Also please check this first page at a least two days before the tournament as rules are subject to change.

Results:
- GAZT2 on August 3rd, 2007

- GAZT3 on September 3rd, 2007

CHUK

Smash Ace
Yeah I really want to goto these. I work this friday but might get it off if anyone can give me a ride I will pay gas money 56th st E Thomas rd.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
snaps, this sounds like fun lol. but don't you think that 6:00 pm is a little late?
I would have it earlier but I work from 8-5pm on Friday and get home at around 5:30. Plus Double Elimination Tournaments I have had at my house before, don't last longer than 3-4 hours so we should be done at 10 pm which is a reasonable time.

I don't expect more than 15 people every tournament so it will finish rather quickly.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Yeah I live 15 mins away 9 miles and I am willing to pay 25$ cash if I can get a ride there and back. Not sure if I can come to this one cuz I work on friday but I will try to work the morning :(. I REALLY REALLY want to get destroyed by some good kids. See ya.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Once maXXXpower gets some vehicular transportation, maXXXpower will become a regular. maXXXpower just likes saying maXXXpower.

maXXXpower!

Corigames

Smash Hero
Sorry I couldn't go to the 4th of July thing, especially considering Taj and Light were there (Need to beat them soon >_>).

I'm up for this. So does that mean it starts this friday? I could grab members of the schools newly formed Smash Club and see if they want to go to a real man's tournament.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I couldn't go to the 4th of July thing, especially considering Taj and Light were there (Need to beat them soon >_>).

I'm up for this. So does that mean it starts this friday? I could grab members of the schools newly formed Smash Club and see if they want to go to a real man's tournament.
Yeah no one ended coming or staying because you guys didn't come, no biggie though.

Yeah bring your friends if they are up to come. This tourney is a bit short notice so I am assuming not too many people will show.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm trying hard to persuade them to come, but they fear they will only get their ***** handed to them!

They also want to know how many TV/cubes there will be, because they foresee themselves sitting out a lot.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
so is this monthly this tomorrow? since its the first friday of the month
i'll come to this too, finally a frequent tourney in awhile

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying hard to persuade them to come, but they fear they will only get their ***** handed to them!

They also want to know how many TV/cubes there will be, because they foresee themselves sitting out a lot.
Three tv's and three cubes are scheduled to be here. Anyone who want to bring more is more than welcomed to come.

As for your friends being scared, how good do they know they will do if they don't try?

Plus you can only improve and have a good time by coming to tournaments.

Hyvin

Smash Rookie
Plus you can only improve and have a good time by coming to tournaments.
It's true, back in February (or was it January..) ya'll smashed my face in but I had a great time and it only made me want to get better. And I actually had to drive to phoenix to get owned.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Can't show, work needs me tomarrow, ****ing ****, I was actually going to go. Just got off work so yeah I'm a bit pissed because they said its fune and just called me now to say that so. Gee!!!

Corigames

Smash Hero
OH **** THAT ****ING TOURNAMENT WAS OF THE CHAIN!!!

I can't believe how unbelievably awesome that was. THANKS GOOP FOR GRACING ME!!!

CHUK

Smash Ace
Yeah I want to hear the turn out of this. How was it? I HAVE to come to the next monthly, I will schedule that friday off in advance, I NEED to get owned by more AZ smashers. Everyone is too cool.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
man we had **** load of people, like 20+ for our 1st goop monthly, ranging from new players to veterens. of course Taj took 1st and Light came in 2nd. was too close to call, it was epic

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone

I have decided to not commit myself to hosting monthlies and instead am going to just host this one tournament and it will probably be it till I feel like hosting another one.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, you're doing a "pre-Dan's Birthday" tourney? How thoughtful of you. ;)

I'll probably make it. I get out of work at 4:30.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, something tells me this is going to be a good tournament. So many new people.

Hey Manny, how many TV's can we fit? I'll bring mine, of course. Looks like we'll need as many as we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom