• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Lucario Guide/FAQ/Database. XD Sorry I haven't updated in while! Soon!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The actual countering portion has no range, but you do reappear a bit away from where you were standing.
-DD

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
I main Lucario, if you want to add me to your list. Could you also try and include friend codes in the list?

Krugz

Smash Rookie
Didn't see anyone mention it so: Did you know you could go downward with the Up B? If you Up B and immediately hit to go downward you can go straight down, an easy way to get to the ground quick. I mainly use this to fake out players or when I come back from over the edge but high enough to com back down towards the ledge and grab on. You can go 100% down vertically, so it's possible to grab the ledge from way high up, it works well if your opponent is trying to get you above the platform on Final D. Just thought I'd post this and see what happens, hopefully this isn't pointless information. Good job on the main post anyhow :D.

Milln

Smash Champion
Didn't see anyone mention it so: Did you know you could go downward with the Up B? If you Up B and immediately hit to go downward you can go straight down, an easy way to get to the ground quick. I mainly use this to fake out players or when I come back from over the edge but high enough to com back down towards the ledge and grab on. You can go 100% down vertically, so it's possible to grab the ledge from way high up, it works well if your opponent is trying to get you above the platform on Final D. Just thought I'd post this and see what happens, hopefully this isn't pointless information. Good job on the main post anyhow :D.
We know and have said that you can direct his UpB in any direction. This includes straight down. =x

Doval

Smash Lord
Not a Lucario player, but I found all the Aura Sphere damages and their corresponding % ranges, so I figured I'd post them here. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Lucario %____Aura Sphere Damage
0-28%_______5-13%
29-38%______5-14%
39-48%______6-15%
49-57%______6-16%
58-56%______6-17%
68-78%______7-18%
79-90%______7-19%
91-103% _____8-20%
104-116%____8-21%
117-128%____8-22%
129-141%____9-23%
142-154%____9-24%
155-166%____10-25%
167+%______10-26%

Testing was done in Training Mode if anyone needs to know.

Milln

Smash Champion
Not a Lucario player, but I found all the Aura Sphere damages and their corresponding % ranges, so I figured I'd post them here. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Lucario %____Aura Sphere Damage
0-28%_______5-13%
29-38%______5-14%
39-48%______6-15%
49-57%______6-16%
58-56%______6-17%
68-78%______7-18%
79-90%______7-19%
91-103% _____8-20%
104-116%____8-21%
117-128%____8-22%
129-141%____9-23%
142-154%____9-24%
155-166%____10-25%
167+%______10-26%

Testing was done in Training Mode if anyone needs to know.
It's on... the first page.... =\

Doval

Smash Lord
Except, not quite. The first page only shows the charged up damages at 50% intervals. It doesn't include uncharged damages, it leaves out everything in between, and it's slightly misleading because Aura Sphere maxes out at 167%, not 200%

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Q: How do I unlock Lucario?
-A: Fight Lucario in SSE as MetaKnight and WIN or complete all levels of Target Test Difficulty with 1 character.

you dont need to be meta knight to unlock him, i used lucario in that fight and i unlocked him after i saved and stopped playing SSE for the day

add me to the Lucario users, as he is my main

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Im very sure this has been answered or fixed, but lucarios downB is double team not Me First. (I apologize if this is spam)

My question is though, his Neutralair normally hits once. One match however, just using the attack once, I hit DK twice. First it sent him left, but lucarios other hand came and hit him the other direction, right. Ive only pulled this off once (or as mush as I can remember). So Is lucarios neutralair a two hit attack thats strong enough and only hits once? or did I just get lucky?

ss118

Smash Master
I had something like that happen. can't remember who, though.....
anyway, the first hit way most likely a phantom hit of some sorts. that's how it looked with mine

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah, I play Lucario religiously and that has never happened to me before. Might just be me, so my opinion is just another experience thing.

Zink

Smash Champion
I think the guide needs an update, with stuff like turning the last hit of jab combo into Force Palm, the airdodge-nair approach, wallhang tricks, mebbe more matchups...

Milln

Smash Champion
Wallhang tricks are totally two weeks are totally one week from now, in Inner Fire 43. Oh, man, I never thought i'd find so much while staying up all night hopped on a new energy drink I decided to try.

Edit: Decided to switch videos. Wallhangs are more important than just General Tricks.

AuraHammer

Smash Rookie
Here is something that is pissing me off alot. My brother keeps saying that I keep playing cheap with Lucario when he is using Pikachu. I keep dodging and keep spamming neutral B defensivley and use Down B when it is obvious he is doing a Side B, a smash attack or If im lucky Down B. My brother keeps saying Im a coward because I keep dodging and use neutral B because pikachu is too fast for Lucario. (I do it for DDD too but it is a different story)

What should I say for my Brother to shut up and is Down b a "cheap" attack?

AuraHammer

Smash Rookie
Srry double post but is there such thing as being cheap in Brawl? And if there is explain. And if not.. :chuckle:

AuraHammer

Smash Rookie
I do other tatics too. But that is the only thing my brother says is cheap. Its also because I know what hes doing and I know how to counter it. My Brother keeps using dashing attacks to catch me so I have 3 options. 1. Sheild Grab 2. Dodge and Aura Sphere 3. Double Team

also to counter Thunder while he is Edgeguarding when getting back on the stage 90% of the time there is no other way besides Double Teaming. I also spam Neutral B and dodge when I have High damage and I can cause alot.

*I also use the common know how in this guide too. I go amazing against him using it. I just need to practice on Side B Chain* (Different story)

My Brother says 2 and 3 are cheap and rants about that. He is younger than me and I need a way to get into his thick head that my maneuvers are not cheap and cowardly.

I need help explainin that.

07Brett07

Smash Rookie
Well not to be mean toward your brother but I think that he is just coming up with lame excuses on why he always loses. Basically he is a sore-loser. *Note: from your posts it makes it seem as though he is always losing*

Also cheap....? If it works use it right! That is the thing. Out of all my years playing Smash, Halo, COD 4 and other video games that is not single player, whenever somebody loses they tend to get mad(if they are scrubs). And when they get mad they tend to say stuff like; "YOUR SO F***ING GAY! YOU ONLY USE THAT ONE MOVE! WHY DON'T YOU START PLAYING LIKE A REAL PERSON AND NOT JUST SPAM THAT ONE MOVE (Aura sphere/Double team in your case) BLAH BLAH BLAH WAH WAH WAH!"

Yes so he won't change. It's just a fact of life. Until he get's older and realizes that you can't always win he will always complain.

But if you want to try and tell him something tell him that it is not cheap is it works, for him to adapt his play style so that it can beat your style[mindgames, thunder jolt(neutral b), aerials, etc...] and that you can't win every match that you play.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but Lucario's up smash has a very interesting hitbox. The hitbox stays there for a half second or so after the aura disappears. Try it out yourself in training mode: Hit the CPU up, then use the up-smash slightly early, so that he'll fall into the hitbox just after it disappears. Viola! He'll get hit even though the aura is gone! This could be useful for an opponent that you expect to airdodge the move, so you can use it early, then they'll fall into it!

Why is the down-tilt rated with 1 power star on the first page? It has enough knockback that I've KO'd with it before.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
@tedward

Nair has two hits.
Thank you, and i've done it a few times now.
On that note, which hit is stronger? The first one, or the second? It happens very rarely, so if theres a difference, like the second one being stronger, perhaps using nair a bit early to hit an opponent with the second hit as a tactic. This is something to look into.

Oh and add me to the list of lucario mains, thanks.

Hestix

Smash Cadet
It's going to take so long for me to get used to these techs, but it will be worth it.
Add me to the Luc mains, I just gave up on Sheik.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Thank you, and i've done it a few times now.
On that note, which hit is stronger? The first one, or the second? It happens very rarely, so if theres a difference, like the second one being stronger, perhaps using nair a bit early to hit an opponent with the second hit as a tactic. This is something to look into.
First hit is stronger.
Second hit only does around 4% or so while first hit does 7%

EDIT:
First hit (front) = 7%
First hit (back) = 7%
Second hit (front) = 4%
Second hit (back) = 5%

Test done in Training Mode

tedward2000

Smash Champion
First hit is stronger.
Second hit only does around 4% or so while first hit does 7%

EDIT:
First hit (front) = 7%
First hit (back) = 7%
Second hit (front) = 4%
Second hit (back) = 5%

Test done in Training Mode
Thanks again, and im out of questions for now.

AuraHammer

Smash Rookie
Im going to fight in a tourney for my forum and I need counters for the following people.

Toon Link
Metaknight
Wolf
Olimar*
*Not that important.
They are used alot and Its going to be hard for me to beat fast swordsman. Help!

Milln

Smash Champion
No one ever looks at the video topic....

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153691

Toon Link's in there, there's a Wolf in there...We've discussed Olimar and Wolf... We haven't really talked about Meta Knight... hmm

I never had any problem against him... I do know that sh fair is tricky since he's so short. And he's fast enough to jack up your A > A > Force Palm 20% of the time.

Yunaleskamodern

Smash Rookie
I apologize if this is an old tactic by lucario users, I havent had time to read through this therad but i found something interesting with lucario's hadoken charge thing

Again, i apologize if this is well known; :(

If you are charging Lucario's aura thing you can cancle directly into his counter instantainously, i havent gotten to test the usefulness of this yet but i dont see how it wouldent be**
Anytime durring his energy ball charge, you hold down block for an EXTREMELY small ammount of time (but NOT a tap) and instnatly hit U,D+b. You have to do the u,d+b extremely quicly and if done successfully, his guard wont even come up and he will go straight into the counter , he also wont leave the ground

anyways, i just thought ide share it incase no one posted it allready.

-futuresex

Top Bottom