• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it just me or - Alloy Team

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Its apparently not just you since there are a lot of other people that started a thread on this kind of stuff.

-Onyx

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Perhaps the horns, fin, etc. are the characteristics of the colors. It's obvious that the Red Alloy in the picture is Captain Falcon, but last time I checked Falcon didn't have such large shoulder pads. Based on the pose, Blue Alloy could be Zelda (I'd be sure but I don't remember Zamus's aerial pose exactly) and Zelda doesn't have that ponytail.
Zelda's wireframe did have a ponytail in Melee though and the Red Alloy's structure isn't all that different from how Captain Falcon appeared in F-Zero GX:

See?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Zelda's wireframe did have a ponytail in Melee though and the Red Alloy's structure isn't all that different from how Captain Falcon appeared in F-Zero GX:

See?
Maybe I'm overanalyzing the "shoulder pads", and now that you mention it Zelda's wireframe did have a ponytail. Still, Zelda doesn't have a ponytail and if blue polygon is Zelda, then it wouldn't be too far off to say these traits are just added to the respective Alloy colors. In that instance the Yellow Alloy could just be Lucas with horns added for whatever reason they added a ponytail to Zelda.

I do agree that Green Alloy is kirby.

That's clearly Kirby's recoil pose. It seems a bit huge though. LOL

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Maybe I'm overanalyzing the "shoulder pads", and now that you mention it Zelda's wireframe did have a ponytail. Still, Zelda doesn't have a ponytail and if blue polygon is Zelda, then it wouldn't be too far off to say these traits are just added to the respective Alloy colors. In that instance the Yellow Alloy could just be Lucas with horns added for whatever reason they added a ponytail to Zelda.

I do agree that Green Alloy is kirby.

That's clearly Kirby's recoil pose. It seems a bit huge though. LOL
It says 2 greens, maybe 1 crashed into the other?

courte

Smash Lord
a) yellow is much larger than mario--adding to that point, why would an animal crosser be larger than mario?
b) see green getting knocked away?? does kirby look like that when he's smashed??
stop speculation it's literally like a month away go play galaxy or super paper mario or star fox 64

or pray for your char?? did u try that?? pray that some code mysteriously appears on your copy of brawl alone

go

now

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks they may just be original characters, the Alloy Team? They'll have basic punches and kicks, and maybe a special move. Heck, the green one looks like he transforms into a rocket! I think red is the masculine one, blue femineme, yellow small but tough, green the creampuff. :)

And I seriously hope they don't mock us by having a character unlockable by Cruel Melee. Brrrr.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Those wireframes (forgot what they were called) also were in Melee.

3D King

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the Yellow is ACer. The head-to-body ratio thingamajig doesn't fit. ACer's head is nearly as big or possibly bigger than his body while the Alloy doesn't.

I think it's just Mario, and that one pose he does could be sorta like an entrance...

Eagle

Smash Lord
The following is by SiegK

It’s pretty obvious that the Red Alloy is Captain Falcon, same stance of punch. Simple.

Some thing the Blue Alloy is Zero Suit Samus because of the ponytail, but this isn’t so. The ponytail means nothing, as the spiked shoulder pads mean nothing for the Falcon Alloy and the Horns on the Yellow Alloy don’t mean Meteos either.
Instead of Zero Suit Samus others thought of Zelda (she was used for Multi-Man Melee, so why not Multi-Man Brawl?) but I thought Peach.

Here I noticed the arms. As you can see, Zelda’s left arm extends almost flat out where Peach and the Blue Alloy both crop their left arm up at almost a 90 degree angle. Match.

And here you we see that the legs of the Blue Alloy and Zelda don’t match up. Zelda’s legs bend inwards toward her rear and the Blue Alloy extends her legs out inform of her, Matching Peach’s legs and feet placement.

Just because it has Horns doesn’t mean he is Meteos, same with the ponytail.

(Because Lucas is a Ness clone, by movement of walking, body and some moves I will be using Ness as an image reference)
I first thought of Ness/Lucas when I saw Yellow Alloy because of the arm placement to the torso and feet.
See how his left arm is tucked back and right pushed forward like the Yellow Alloy. It looks the same but its not. It’s actually Mario. The glowing balls for hands threw me off, the Alloy is actually holding a fist and angled right arm like Mario as he keeps his right arm tucked back extended a tiny big to the side.

Also, we can see here that Mario falls much more similarly to the Yellow Alloy than Ness does, with the legs extended downward, not to the sides, and feet match respectively to Mario’s.

As for getting hit my Mario’s side Smash, Ness’s head is tucked way too far down to match the Yellow Alloy while Mario’s frame matches the extended arms and bent legs with head in proper place.

And as for the Green Alloy I see it as Kirby. I know its kind of a “duh” but Ill explain anyway.

Seen here Kirby’s legs match the Green Alloy’s by the angle in which they are extended away from each other and his turned body.

Biggest proof I see is when Kirby and Green Alloy are hit by Mario’s side Smash. Both are bent in similar fashion and feet, one bent up one bent down.

Here we see Kirby standing on his toes (or whatever he has) tilting forward to get a better look at something or other, in game mode and the Subspace Emissary, and his form seems to Match that of Green Alloy’s stance in the opening picture.

So from these visuals and explanations, these are my deductions.
Red Alloy: Captain Falcon
Blue Alloy: Peach
Yellow Alloy: Mario
Green Alloy: Kirby

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
Green alloy is the only one that doesn't remind me anything. He could be kirby but he seems way too long/huge

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
the red one totally isnt the leader or anything (obvious sarcasm)
the green one isnt kirby (subtle sarcasm)

im saying its kirby.

EDIT: the blue one looks like zamus if you ask me, especially with the ponytail and all..

antimatter

Smash Lord
yellow is geolyte from meteos, a game that sakurai worked on. google image search geolyte. you should be able to see the similarities.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
yellow is geolyte from meteos, a game that sakurai worked on. google image search geolyte. you should be able to see the similarities.
thx for pointing it out, he probably has mario's moves i bet cause they are the same shape u know?

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
i agreed that female wire flame and blue alloy is based on peach because her walking animation was similar

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Yes because in the original, the Jigglypuff, Luigi, Ness, and Luigi polygons didn't appear until you unlocked them and the wireframes in Melee were based on Captain Falcon and Zelda, two characters who were in the starting roster. Also, looking at the proportions of the Green guy, it's pretty clear that it's Kirby:

Jigglypuff's feet are much smaller and more slender then Kirby's.
Don't forget that in SB64 they had a polygon of Ness before you unlock him.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Blue is ZELDA! ZELDA! Not Zamus or Peach! How hard is that to comprehend? Just cause of a ponytail? Femme Wire Frame had the same ponytail, and she was based off ZELDA. As for Yellow guy and Green guy, they're just Mario and Kirby, pimped out with mohawks and horns.
Uh calm down... because the Yellow one is designed from Meteos. Thats even where the color scheme comes from..

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Did anyone see Desert Eagle's post?
The image comparison actually matches, but I'm still hoping for Blue->Zelda.
@ DeuceBlade: you're actually right, the order of the colors even matches the boxart of Meteos.

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
In Japanese sentai shows (see: Power Rangers), the character dressed in red is always the leader. That's the joke he's getting at.
Haha. So true. If you watched Bleach, you'd find this to be true, and completely hilarious. The red ALWAYS depicts leader. There for, it was a joke.

Draconated

Smash Rookie
Did you guys ever think that the looks for green/yellow could be based off of characters that didn't make it into the game(i.e. Animal Crosser, Tamagon)? It's also possible that the characters moves are a combination of 2 or more character(Green could be kirby + Jigglypuff, yellow could be Mario + Ness/Lucas, and blue could be Zelda + Peach + Zamus).

blink777

Smash Journeyman
It's also possible that the characters moves are a combination of 2 or more character(Green could be kirby + Jigglypuff, yellow could be Mario + Ness/Lucas, and blue could be Zelda + Peach + Zamus).
No no no no no. Character must have the same animation bones to be able to share "moves" in. It is HIGHLY unlikely that any non-clone character shares an animation skeleton with any other character (the possible exception being Melee's Zelda and Peach, but that's still very unlikely) because every character has its own skeletal proportions, as well as little "addons" that require their own animations.

They did make some changes to the animation bones in certain Melee clones (Y.Link's shorter hat, Ganondorf's cloak), but what's the chance of them making these sort of things - on a large scale, mind you (with the whole "combining character" idea) - for little minigame'esque characters?

So yeah, combining attack animations for Kirby & Jigglypuff, Mario & Ness/Lucas, and Peach/Zelda & Zamus is not going to happen in the "easy" way a few people are thinking of. Said combinations would have to be so heavily altered to match skeletons that they may as well just make completely new animations for these guys.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
People around here really are idiots. First of all, why would Sakurai say "The green looks like Kirby, but it's not him." Clearly we can see that the character in the picture isn't a pink blob with oblong eyes and a small mouth. He's inferring that "This isn't Kirby in another form."

Along those lines, since when does Kirby have an oblong cylindrical body? Take a look at the other photos. And lastly, anyone who played Smash64 against the Fighting Polygon Team should know that A) They were based off of the character models with little tweaking and B) Kirby's looked nothing like him. Kirby looked like an upright accordion, while Jigglypuff was the whole who had the round body-type.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Hey, remember in Super Smash Brothers when you fougth the "Fighting Polygon Team"? And how some (DK) looked exactly like their non Polygon form, and others (Pikachu, Kirby) looked NOTHING like their non-Poly forms? Cylindrical Body and the Ponytail mean nothing.

This should be the case here, all the tweaks and appearances of the characters here all you can look at is stances, and those don't seem to be lying: Mario = Yellow, Peach = Blue, Falcon = Red, Green = Kirby.

If you wanna argue on one, we haven't done a full compair on Green vs. Jiggs to rule it out like Blue vs. Zelda or Yellow vs. Lucas

Stryks

Smash Hero
Is it just me or does...

Red Alloy look like he's modeled after Captain Falcon's moveset (it looks like Captain's first punch)

And Blue Alloy looks like she's modeled after Zelda's moveset (Looks like zelda in air)

If so, what are the other two based off of. (Yellow and Green)
If Sakurai said that green is not Kirby then, I wonder who he's based off.

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
Did you guys ever think that the looks for green/yellow could be based off of characters that didn't make it into the game(i.e. Animal Crosser, Tamagon)? It's also possible that the characters moves are a combination of 2 or more character(Green could be kirby + Jigglypuff, yellow could be Mario + Ness/Lucas, and blue could be Zelda + Peach + Zamus).
This wins stupidest quote on forums... I get your logic, but no. Not gonna happen.

Top Bottom