• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Well, the game is already being set up for a Januaray release. I think it's over. It's sad. The Rock community deserved this more than the trashy Sonic fandom desreved Sonic, and those ungrateful rejects got Sonic and think they have a right to complain about his voice actor in Brawl? What a bunch of losers...

burrito

Smash Lord
The podcast isn't old. It could simply be that Inafune is covering Megaman up. There are reasons to believe that Inafune was teasing us.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Eh, maybe Brawl got delayed again and Inafune is in the know.
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

=/
Ergh, so it was recorded about...2 1/2 weeks ago=??? Hopefully Keiji Inafune makes the approach this time. AND YAE FOR BRAWL DELAY! We wants a delay noaws!

Also, Card brought up this intresting point. As seen HERE!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I'm curious. Why are people thinking Megaman was deconfirmed?
because idiots like to jump to conclusions when a character designer covers things up in an outdated podcast.

honestly, what's wrong with you people? Gonintendo makes ONE misleading article, and everyone goes insane.

oh, and megaman or no megaman, brawl is most likely being delayed again anyway.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Well Mega Man fans, you're only hope is of course if Brawl gets delayed again, but I seriously doubt it will. I'm sorry for your loss.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Nobody.

Megaman is like an old war veteran; he's seen battle after battle with Nintendo's systems. And now they're leaving him out cold in a retirement home somewhere.

Shame on you Sakurai.
QFT! Once more

Ergh, so it was recorded about...2 1/2 weeks ago=??? Hopefully Keiji Inafune makes the approach this time. AND YAE FOR BRAWL DELAY! We wants a delay noaws!

Also, Card brought up this intresting point. As seen HERE!
This guy card has some serious logic to back nit up. Most of it were things i originally thought and came to similar conclusions... But the part that really stuck out is the idea that he stated that Brawl won't be out for a few months (after said podcast). There is simply no ay he could say something like this without a reasonable knowledge or regular ignorance, the latter being unfounded.

Can't give up the hope just yet. Gotta wait and find out now. Come on Sakurai!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
****it, he WANTS Megaman in Brawl.

I want a **** delay if he is not in yet just to get his *** in Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
****it, could this mean that Nya was true...or just guessed because he was biased against Megaman

That may mean we're only getting 35 characters...

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
We interrupt you're regularly scheduled flam...I mean...discussion in order to bring you an important message from Lego!

"http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/Legolastom/RMBissue1GIF-1.gif
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/Legolastom/RMBissue2-1.png
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/Legolastom/RMBissue3.png

Merry Christmas Mega Man fans, to bad I cant be with you to help with the new dreadful news (Even though I still believe Mega man is in the game for most of the reasons posted...) I hope these comics will cheer you up.

Merry Mega-mess from your founder and demi-leader: Legolastom"

And yes, this is real. LIVE ON LEGO!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There is no definite delay Johnknight.
Prove there isn't one. It is possible, and seemingly likely. The game was originally a Wii launch title, then set for December 3rd, and now is set for Febuary 10th, 2008. O, and what ChronoBound found=there could be another delay. >_<

because idiots like to jump to conclusions when a character designer covers things up in an outdated podcast.

honestly, what's wrong with you people? Gonintendo makes ONE misleading article, and everyone goes insane.

oh, and megaman or no megaman, brawl is most likely being delayed again anyway.
^ QTF. But the delay might not be too likely, though it is still a possibility. But we never do know, now do we! :grin:

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
even though i REALLY want the game now like everyone else. if megaman is in than a delay would be tolerable

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Is Inafune even that involved with Rock anymore? He really just designed concept art for him and worked on the games back in the golden age of gaming. The NP interview didn't even have him in it. Horinouchi oversees most of the new (but also more deviant from the orginal) games. I'm gonna go a head and say he doesn't really know what's going on. Nintendo probably went to Takeshi. The only problem is we would get more of a chance of having BN/SF Rockman... Ugh...

Cless

Smash Champion
Inafune still produces Mega Man games, but I don't know how involved he is. Even way back when, he just did character designs and oversaw things.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even if they didn't go to him personally, wouldn't he still know if they went to Capcom...

...I mean, he's not THAT out of the loop

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, Mega Man X6 was made without his knowledge. It's not too far fetched.

Besides, maybe he does know that Capcom was approached. That doesn't mean that he can't say that he wasn't approached. Gives him a perfect loophole.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Prove there isn't one. It is possible, and seemingly likely. The game was originally a Wii launch title, then set for December 3rd, and now is set for Febuary 10th, 2008. O, and what ChronoBound found=there could be another delay. >_<

^ QTF. But the delay might not be too likely, though it is still a possibility. But we never do know, now do we! :grin:
If they needed -that- much more time to make this game, don't you think they would have made the delay longer than 2 months? And don't you think it would have taken longer for them to announce the new release date than 2 days? And don't you think if it was going to get delayed -again-(for the 4th time, I might add), that they would have announced it sooner than a month before the Japanese release?

Seriously, I still think it was all marketing so that Galaxy could have Christmas sales all to itself, and then Brawl would rake in the cash during the otherwise slow post-holiday months.

I want Mega Man as much as you do, my friend, but it's more plausible to think that this was a cover-up than to expect another delay just to add Mega Man. Besides, I don't want another delay, because Feb. 10th is my birthday...Another delay would suck.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Inafune still produces Mega Man games, but I don't know how involved he is. Even way back when, he just did character designs and oversaw things.
The last Megaman game he was completely involved with was Megaman Battle Network 1, and I think he's done a few other things. Maybe he worked on the Megaman 15th Anniversary=???

Even if they didn't go to him personally, wouldn't he still know if they went to Capcom...

...I mean, he's not THAT out of the loop
*points at post below*

Well, Mega Man X6 was made without his knowledge. It's not too far fetched.

Besides, maybe he does know that Capcom was approached. That doesn't mean that he can't say that he wasn't approached. Gives him a perfect loophole.
If they can get that by him, they can get anything by him. It does not deconfirm Megaman in any way, shape, or form. If he was Capcom's President, however, that would be a diffrent story. Since Capcom owns all rights to Megaman, and whatnot. >_<

@ Magically Enhanced Hobo: *points at a episode of SMYN from two, three, or four weeks ago, and shows it is possible*

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, he does other things now too, like he did Lost Planet and Dead Rising (as if the Mega Man outfit and the Servbots didn't tell you). He's still involved with Mega Man, I just don't think it's to the extent he used to be.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Creators and developers are notorious for lying to fans, especially at these sort of conferences (I should know, I've been to a lot of them).

Inafune had to be really careful with his words. Had he outright said "Megaman is not going to be in Brawl", than that would have been something worth freaking out about. But he didn't. He said he hasn't been asked yet. That's the best thing he can say to keep everything *hush hush*. If he said "no comment", than that's admitting the character is in the game. Remember, Nintendo likes to keep secrets up until the very end. Don't count out Megaman just yet!

Though this will be something interesting to consider once the game comes out. Remember that some months ago, Square Enix also said they haven't been contacted by Nintendo. Perhaps this is some kind of code:laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, he does other things now too, like he did Lost Planet and Dead Rising (as if the Mega Man outfit and the Servbots didn't tell you). He's still involved with Mega Man, I just don't think it's to the extent he used to be.
He actually directed the battle system of Megaman Battle Network, though. He hasn't done that to a Megaman game since, nor be one of the people most involved with a certain Megaman game.

Creators and developers are notorious for lying to fans, especially at these sort of conferences (I should know, I've been to a lot of them).

Inafune had to be really careful with his words. Had he outright said "Megaman is not going to be in Brawl", than that would have been something worth freaking out about. But he didn't. He said he hasn't been asked yet. That's the best thing he can say to keep everything *hush hush*. If he said "no comment", than that's admitting the character is in the game. Remember, Nintendo likes to keep secrets up until the very end. Don't count out Megaman just yet!

Though this will be something interesting to consider once the game comes out. Remember that some months ago, Square Enix also said they haven't been contacted by Nintendo. Perhaps this is some kind of code:laugh:
Good point. Maybe he meant the process isn't complete, they're in the BETA form with Megaman in Brawl, etc. This type of code is intresting=more hype. Plus there is room for Geno, and you winning your bet demon. I think we can ALL establish that this means NOTHING! *as said earlier* As demon best said, hushing it down would confirm it. Saying "no" does not confirm it. Therefore, "no" could mean "yes". Or maybe he flat out doesn't know. There are so many possibilities with this, IT IS MIND BOGGLING! :psycho:

This is how I look now!

:grin:

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
The last Megaman game he was completely involved with was Megaman Battle Network 1,
Actually, I believe that was Rockman Zero. It was pretty much the game that he wanted to make for over a decade up to that point, so of course he was as intimately involved with that game as he was with EXE.

and I think he's done a few other things. Maybe he worked on the Megaman 15th Anniversary=???
If by that, you mean how he screwed up the collections in some way (he wanted the material that was meant for the collections for his precious PSP remakes).

But otherwise, yeah, "Inafking" isn't really that much a part of the integral Rockman scene any more.

I mean, hell, he's often (and WRONGLY) credited for being his creator. That credit belongs to his mentor, Tokuro Fujiwara, who actually created the character.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
holy crap, i did not know this little podcast would generate all this!

im not even gonna argue cuz all the loyal mega man supporters here have done a good job of damage control.

to all those that doubt, you'll see when mm is confirmed. and itll make it that much sweeter for the rest of us

RDK

Smash Hero
Honestly, I think the whole point of Inafune's little interview was to throw hardcore Smash fans off Megaman's scent. This way it will be one hell of a surprise when he actually appears as an unlockable character.

Remember the SEGA Team's little stunt with "Sonic's just not in the cards right now"?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think the whole point of Inafune's little interview was to throw hardcore Smash fans off Megaman's scent. This way it will be one hell of a surprise when he actually appears as an unlockable character.

Remember the SEGA Team's little stunt with "Sonic's just not in the cards right now"?
Sigh, people keep quoting that cards thing when it really just meant, "we arent talking about Brawl at the moment...", because it was Mario & Sonic Olympics they were discussing...

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman

Way to misquote him, I suggest reading the real quote. He didn't deconfirm him, they merely did not want to give the surprise away.

This thing about MegaMan is much more condemning, so get the **** over it. MM is probably out.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am not too worried about this, remember back in May when Sega said, "Sonic was not on the cards at the moment" and what 5 months later guess what, he is in. Inafune was clever with his wording, he did not say he wasn't in, he said "He has not been contacted."
He plulled a political move, to the untrained ear it sounds like he's out but really he skated around the question. Now he could also be lying, it is not the first time we have been lied too, Sega did it as well with the issue of Sonic being in Brawl. I think Inafune was pulling a Sega on us, notice his last statement, "we have a little bit of time left, it’s not coming out
for another few months. They might get around to asking us if we’d like to put Mega Man in Super Smash Brothers. Maybe if somebody from Nintendo is listening to this podcast, they’ll give me a call." Two things can be derived from this,

1) This was done BEFORE the delay.
2) He is also further clarifying that this sentence is a neither
confirm nor deny statement.

According to another website called thenproject.com, they claimed that a few weeks before the delay Nintendo and Capcom finished a deal for Megaman in Brawl, and that it might be delayed to further work this out. Obviously by the way this statement was done it was a prior Brawl delay interview, however I think NINTENDO wanted this released now to kinda get peoples hopes down so they can turn around and suprise us with Megaman.

Just my thought, after the Sega interview about Sonic in Brawl I have come to not believe any person outside of Sakurai on these things.

YOUKO if you are listening, PLEASE bring this up in Show Me Your News, people need ALL the facts. And the fact is, Sega lied about Sonic in Brawl, Capcom may be doing the SAME THING!

Top Bottom