• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I wasn't this worked up when I came to the realization that Ness was being replaced by Lucas, or that the chances of Marth returning were practically 0

Just accept it, let it go, you're being delusional in hoping any more.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
It's been a underlying theme of sorts in Brawl, that the old representatives of series' are being replaced by the new, and any new incarnations of a character are in some way reflected in Brawl

Ness is the old Mother character, now we have Lucas. Marth is the old Fire Emblem character, now we have Ike.

Sakurai is reflecting change in the character's series', either through move/ability changes, a character's Final Smash, sometimes aesthetic chaanges, or if a new star of a series has come to light: a character replacement.

We've got a Blue-Haired Sword-Wielding Fire Emblem Character who uses Counter, we don't need another Blue-Haired Sword-Wielding Fire Emblem Character who uses Counter

Cless

Smash Champion
Ok, the fact that Ike and Marth are nothing alike has nothing to do with it then? Why drop the number of FE reps from 2 to 1? I mean, if you used Lyn as an argument, then maybe, but the GBA games didn't sell well.

Ness and Lucas are very similar to each other. Ike and Marth aren't.

Now either continue debating this over pm's or drop it. That seems like weak reasoning

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
How does having the same hair colour make people clones? Peach and Zelda were both blond princesses dressed in pink and they were completely different.

TheMuffinMan0311 said:
We've got a Blue-Haired Sword-Wielding Fire Emblem Character who uses Counter, we don't need another Blue-Haired Sword-Wielding Fire Emblem Character who uses Counter
That doesn't mean we aren't getting one, considering all those are superficial reasons to exclude a character (Counter is only one move and Marth could also have counter removed if it's really an issue).

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
Your argument is weak reasoning

oooh, what now? See, I can use a condescending argument as well. Does it refute your point any? Nope

And when did I say the Fire Emblem's rep count was going down? Nowhere, I simply said that it's easy to accept at this point that Marth isn't one to be returning, we already have a Blue-Haired Fire Emblem Swordsman, if we get another FE rep it'll probably be another PoR or RD character

Cless

Smash Champion
Why? Your whole argument is based upon the fact that both of them have blue hair and that they are both swordsman that have one similar move. I guess Luigi shouldn't be in either based on that reasoning.

Also, I can see putting in Micaiah or something, but why have all the FE reps from the same world? Why not represent the series as a whole with reps from each world? Everything doesn't have to be recent.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
Ahh, but a common theme in Brawl is that they use material that is recent.

If I'm going to put in some Fire Emblem represenatives and here I have this super cool Ike with Blue Hair and he's a Swordsman and he's super cool and he can Counter and charge up a B move for a powerful strike....and I'm like "Hey, let's add another FE rep"...am I going to choose a super-cool Marth with Blue Hair and he's a Swordsman and he's super cool and he can Counter and charge up a B move for a powerful strike?

Blasphemy

Smash Cadet
Sora is a much better third party rep than Crash, Bomberman, or Ryu.

Crash=Spin
Bomberman=Throws bombs
Ryu=Punch/ Kick
Sora= Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Aero/Gravity/Sword Slash/Gliding

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't want to get into an argument about it. They're all poor choices for one reason or another with the possible exception of Bomberman.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
How does having the same hair colour make people clones? Peach and Zelda were both blond princesses dressed in pink and they were completely different.
True, but they were both from different series, and absolutely essential additions from each one. Besides, they were obviously different to anyone that played any video games ever.

Marth and Ike are from the same series, and I know more than a few friends that had never played Fire Emblem who asked me why they changed Marth's name. When I explained to them that Ike was from a different game, they were like "Oh, well, I guess that means Marth isn't coming back". You guys have to understand that to the average Smasher, there won't be much difference.

And, to be honest, I would hate it if everybody from Fire Emblem was a sword user. Just for variety's sake. Fast sword user and slow sword user are kind of lame. I would prefer Magic user, fast lance user, and slow sword user, or something.

Cless

Smash Champion
True, but they were both from different series, and absolutely essential additions from each one. Besides, they were obviously different to anyone that played any video games ever.

Marth and Ike are from the same series, and I know more than a few friends that had never played Fire Emblem who asked me why they changed Marth's name. When I explained to them that Ike was from a different game, they were like "Oh, well, I guess that means Marth isn't coming back". You guys have to understand that to the average Smasher, there won't be much difference.

And, to be honest, I would hate it if everybody from Fire Emblem was a sword user. Just for variety's sake. Fast sword user and slow sword user are kind of lame. I would prefer Magic user, fast lance user, and slow sword user, or something.
The average smasher in America. Got to think globally. Most lords are sword users though. Hector wasn't, I think Sigurd used a lance, and of course there's Micaiah, but Ike is the clear rep from the PoR-RD universe (not that that means much I suppose).

Who would you choose?
Umm, if I had to choose from those four characters. I guess I'd pick Bomberman. Crash is a sorry excuse and has nothing to do with Nintendo, Ryu would be wrecked and has almost nothing to do with Nintendo, and Sora has next to nothing to do with Nintendo.

burrito

Smash Lord
Honestly, I wasn't this worked up when I came to the realization that Ness was being replaced by Lucas, or that the chances of Marth returning were practically 0

Just accept it, let it go, you're being delusional in hoping any more.
Are you talking to me? I am in no way being delusional. I was the first person to point out the podcast and what it meant for Megaman. It would be cool to see Megaman in brawl, but i am the last person to be delusional about it. I was arguing the other side if you look earlier in the thread.

Everyone is quick to say "deconfirmed", but a character isn't deconfirmed until he is deconfirmed. This is the truth of the matter. Megaman wasn't deconfirmed. Neither was Ness or Marth.

D

Deleted member

Nobody.

Megaman is like an old war veteran; he's seen battle after battle with Nintendo's systems. And now they're leaving him out cold in a retirement home somewhere.

Shame on you Sakurai.

Zorya

Smash Ace
In all honesty....you all dont think that Ryu would totally f*** Megaman up?? come on! Megaman could never beat Ryu in a fight..

Lets say those two battled for the last character spot...who would really win?? A little boy in a kid-robot suit or a jacked up, angry mofo who practices Ansatsuken?.. get real, im sorry....

Blasphemy

Smash Cadet
Megaman would win. He has guns and lazors.

Oh and if anyone would like to know a good reason on why Sora should take the last 3rd party slot, ask me and I'll PM you why.

Cless

Smash Champion
Ryu isn't angry... Dark Ryu is though. Mega Man also doesn't wear a suit. He's a robot refitted for battle from his original blueprints.

Anyway, go put on watch mode in MvC or something.

Oh and if anyone would like to know a good reason on why Sora should take the last 3rd party slot, ask me and I'll PM you why.
I'm curious. I may or may not argue with you, but I'll see your reasoning.

Zorya

Smash Ace

All that and you still dont know.....Ryu has 'lasers' too...

Ryu isn't angry... Dark Ryu is though. Mega Man also doesn't wear a suit. He's a robot refitted for battle from his original blueprints.

Anyway, go put on watch mode in MvC or something.

I'm curious. I may or may not argue with you, but I'll see your reasoning.
same thing....Megaman has to steal his opponents moves...Ryu FTW

Cless

Smash Champion
Umm, Mega Man still has the Mega Buster. I'm not going to argue this because it's stupid, but Ryu can't fire Hadoukens nearly as fast as Mega Man can shoot his buster.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
this is f****** p*** me of when keiji inafune take out megaman in brawl i can't not belive it that gonintendo announce megaman will not be in brawl how f****** dare keiji do that to say no f****** megaman in brawl i can't take this s*** no more forget this F****** s*** i buying smash bros brawl
but anyway i start playing megaman classic megaman on ROMS since the early teenager when i played them but soon i getting is megaman wii and i will ask keiji why megaman not in smash bros WHY and then i done of this f****** thread so buy for now

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nobody.

Megaman is like an old war veteran; he's seen battle after battle with Nintendo's systems. And now they're leaving him out cold in a retirement home somewhere.

Shame on you Sakurai.
QFT. Anyone else sounds dumb now. Geno over Megaman also doesn't sound TOO likely, so I could be upset that my top choice for Brawl and 5th highest choices for Brawl are A LOT LESS LIKELY!

Really people, stop jumping to conclusions. Megaman was not deconfirmed
His chances went down. A LOT! Still...the interview could be like 6 months old for all we know. He said "months", so it is at least 2 or 3 months old. Capcom and Nintendo could make a moveset for Megaman along with model and power stealing in. If Melee had 26 characters in 2 1/2 years with like 1/3rd the Brawl staff, almost anything is possible! >_<

In all honesty....you all dont think that Ryu would totally f*** Megaman up?? come on! Megaman could never beat Ryu in a fight..

Lets say those two battled for the last character spot...who would really win?? A little boy in a kid-robot suit or a jacked up, angry mofo who practices Ansatsuken?.. get real, im sorry....
I guess the one this the futuristic BLASTER would win. duh.
Let's see...futurist Mega Buster. The slide. He's a ROBOT! He's got armor. He's got multiple powers. He's got Rush, Tango, etc. Megaman wins, all day long. Ryu is stil pretty AWSOME, though! :)

Megaman has advanced futurist robot combat gear and stuff, super armor, has swords, and whatnot. Any Megaman could be Ryu. Ryu can't block a mega buster shot, and in one shot, Ryu is dead. Megaman wins, period! :p

Let us pray Sakurai gets his act together soon. Obviously Sakurai is a bad judge (no Samurai Goroh, Ness replaced with Lucas, etc.).

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, it's not Inafune's problem. Blame yourself or Sakurai. And I know incoherent posts with cursing is your thing, but do feel it's worth it when they get censored.

Let's see...futurist Mega Buster. The slide. He's a ROBOT! He's got armor. He's got multiple powers. He's got Rush, Tango, etc. Megaman wins, all day long. Ryu is stil pretty AWSOME, though! :)

Megaman has advanced futurist robot combat gear and stuff, super armor, has swords, and whatnot. Any Megaman could be Ryu. Ryu can't block a mega buster shot, and in one shot, Ryu is dead. Megaman wins, period! :p
You forget that Ryu can parry, but seriously, this is what MvC is for.

Blasphemy

Smash Cadet
His chances went down. A LOT! Still...the interview could be like 6 months old for all we know. He said "months", so it is at least 2 or 3 months old. Capcom and Nintendo could make a moveset for Megaman along with model and power stealing in. If Melee had 26 characters in 2 1/2 years with like 1/3rd the Brawl staff, almost anything is possible! >_<
Not to be a bitter betty but in the podcast he mentions Christmas so it is fairly recent.

Top Bottom