• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

I

i8waffles612

Wow this thread has been successful during the past 6 days!!! I am the 161 reply.....

Anyways I forgot to mention this in my first post like 5 days ago : when I came into this thread the first time, I thought " Oh no, another list...." but your list was great: one of the best I have seen so far!. You left great information on each character.... Good Job!

Off topic but:
how does my signature look?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wow this thread has been successful during the past 6 days!!! I am the 161 reply.....

Anyways I forgot to mention this in my first post like 5 days ago : when I came into this thread the first time, I thought " Oh no, another list...." but your list was great: one of the best I have seen so far!. You left great information on each character.... Good Job!

Off topic but:
how does my signature look?
Thanks for the compliment. I'm pleased that you like my thread. I hope to keep it alive as long as possible.

As for your sig, it's one of the I've seen. I'm not even saying that just because it has the Black Knight.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Do me a favor. Visualize your all time favorite charcater for Brawl. I don't care if it' realistic or not, just do it.
O.k. Well, let's suppose that Sakurai is going to include the character, complete with an awesome moveset and a taunt that infuriates your opponent to tears whenever you beat them in a match.[/quote]

Sure, you can say favorite character. But what if you loathe the character they are adding? And if it isn't realistic, I'm sure they have second thoughts about adding an unrealistic character. It's been about a year, I'm confident they have at least got passed the character phase and now are working on the game itself.

Sakuarai has a team dream up, and begin to design a move set for your character. Everything is proceeding smoothly until...
THE SUSPENSE!

THE HORROR! The suits at Nintendo say they want Brawl realeased pronto. Time is running out. They don't have the time to include all the Charcaters they wanted. What to do?
Let's say they spent the entire past year thining of characters. That's an awful lot of time, especially if they want Brawl out by the Christmas shopping season (roughly late november, if not october) That leaves about 6 months of the game itself needs to be made. I'm sure they plan their time better (they will be pushed, I'm sure, but when they are, they will have most of the characters they wanted either way, fit time for clones, etc.)

It comes down to either including your favorite character or Mr. Game & Watch. Sure, he hasn't starred in a significant game since, well, ever and we've all played him to death in Melee, but he was in Melee so he must return. Sure he's unique, but so your favorite charcater. What to do.
One of the anti-G&W statements is that "He was the WTF Joke Character, it will be boring to unlock him again if we know he is coming". Sure, I would be dissapointed to unlock him again, but, then again, I suppos that the ONLY way to fit him in is unlocked for WTF character, right? Ness and CF were the "WTF" characters from the original (unless you count Jigglypuff), and appeared unlocked, probably for fear of being stale as a suprise card again. IMO, G&W and Marth should return, playable from start (just town Marth down some). Just like you, I am only stating a theory, of course

Fast forward to Brawl's release. Mr. Game & Watch is in. Your favorite isn't. That's why.
That would work out, because my favorite character to return is G&W.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Runners Up: Part 2

Donkey Kong Series

1) King K. Rool

Comments: Although not the most original of villains, K. Rool is the third most
prominent character from the sorely underrepresented Donkey Kong franchise. Although
best known as the main villain from the Donkey Kong Country games, he also reprises his
role in Donkey Kong 64 and as recently as Donkey Kong: King of Swing. He is also
appearing in the soon-to-be released DK: Bongo Blast and DK: King of Swing.

While K. Rool is still a possibility, let's be brutally honest: the character brings
nothing new to the roster since we have our resident giant lizard villain in the form
of Bowser. I could definitely see him as an Assist Trophy, however.

2) Dixie Kong

Comments: Seriously, thank heavens that Sakurai elected to include Diddy solo without his dopey girlfriend as a partner. We really dodged a bullet there.

As for the possibility of Dixie Kong solo, I seriously doubt it. Despite being second banana (SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?!?!) in one DKC game and starring in another, her contribution to the series has been minimal. Diddy Kong starred in his own series (Diddy Kong Racing) appeared in tons of games and he is just now getting a spot on the roster. If a third DK character were to make the cut, K.Rool seems more likely.

Fire Emblem:

1) Marth

Comments: Okay, here we go…

“Wiseguy you doofus! How can you include Sheik but not Marth? Marth was the first Fire Emblem lord – which makes him far more worthy than some alter ego!”
Clearly, Marth is far more worthy of appearing than Sheik (Stupid Sheik! How I hate you so…) but the reason why I think Sakurai will include Sheik (against my better judgement) is not his/her/ its/potatoe’s importance to the series but the uniqueness of her moveset. I would say the same is true of characters like Ice Climbers – certain characters are pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but their moveset is unique so they are returning anyway.

Marth is a different story. If my suspicion is correct, then Ike’s moveset will inherit traits from both Marth and Ike – preserving a unique moveset by giving it to the more worthy Ike and leaving the door open for a fresh face to fill the final Fire Emblem slot. This would explain why Ike was revealed first. Obviously I could be wrong in this regard, but it’s the theory I’m sticking to.

Having said that, Marth still has a good shot of making the cut. He's well known in Japan (first lord, blah, blah, blah), and thanks to his role in Melee Fire Emblem fans the world over adore him (undeservedly so, I say). Also worth noting is that Marth will soon star in a Fire Emblem remake for DS which will hopefully see worldwide release.

2) Roy

Comments: Ditto.

3)Sigurd

Comments: Another possibility is that Sigurd, another popular Japanese exclusive lord, will replace Marth. There are rumors that he was meant to be included in place of Roy and he also appeared on Sakurai’s poll, so there could be some merit to this theory. Personally, however, I expect characters exclusively from the universally popular Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn games.

4) Black Knight

'Tis only a flesh wound

Comments: Gosh, I want Black Black to be playable. He is THE greatest videogame villian par none. As he is Ike's rival (and a main villian) in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, I was hoping that he would make the cut. But with Ike so slow and strong, I kinda doubt that we'd see another slow and strong sword fighter from the Fire Emblem series.

I'm hoping agaianst hope that he'll make the cut as an Ike clone at least, but I guess an Assist Trophy or boss would be okay.

5) Legault

FangTheFirst said:
His name is Legault, or "Hurricane Legault", from the FE series.

I think he should be in Brawl because he is the perfect depiction of an asassin. He is extremely deadly, and was a very usefull character in the game. He is known as "Hurricane Legault" because of his unmatched movement speed, which is described as a hurricane.

I would love to see him in brawl, he could use his daggers to attack, and he would be one of the faster characters.

Earthbound/Mother series:

1) Ness:

Comments: I do not relish Ness’ removal. Although I hardly ever play as him, I’ve grown accustomed to the little guy. If it were up to me, I’d say that Ness absolutely should return as he is the satr of the only game to reach Non-Japanese shores and has become synonymous with Smash Bros.

However, Sakurai’s personal connection to Mother 3 bodes poorly for Ness’ return. I expect that Lucas will inherit Ness’ old moveset and we will all weep bitterly.

2) Claus

Comments:

PrettyGoodYear said:

Yes, this picture is from Mother 3's last boss battle. Sorry for the spoilers, but it's not like you're playing the game soon. (The guy who did DeDeDe should photoshop a pic of Claus)

Claus would make for another Mother rep in Smash, being Lucas’ brother and placing highly on the poll, it is a possibility he might join the Brawl. With an arm cannon, mechanical wings, a sword, and powerful PSI (including PK Love and an annihilating version of PK Thunder) Claus has a lot at his disposal. Once you complete Mother 3, you don’t need much imagination to picture how his move set could work.

Sakurai said that he wouldn’t focus much on Japanese characters, but with Fire Emblem going international and with Mother’s latest installment never leaving Japan, Mother could very well be the Japan-only franchise this time around.

=======================================
Short bio on Claus:

These paragraphs may contain spoilers.

Claus is Lucas' twin. They lived a happy live in Nowhere Island with their father Flint and their mother, Hinawa. This all changed when Pokey’s Pig army invaded their peaceful village. They made all kinds of experiments on the plants and animals of Nowhere Island, eventually robotizing a Drago. (These dragos were Lucas’ and Claus’ playmates) This Drago killed Hinawa, and Claus went to avenge her mother. Flint hurried to stop him, but it was to late when he arrived. Claus was killed, but his body was found by the Pig Army, and he was revived as the Masked Man.

Lucas would then face of with Claus numerous times, in their race to pull the 7 needles. Is Lucas able to bear on and defeat his brother? Go and bother Nintendo to bring Mother 3 over, I’m tired of typing spoilers.

F-zero Series:

1) Black Shadow

Comments: As much as I love F-Zero, I kind of hope that Falcon is the only character who represents the series because there’s a chance that Black Shadow could make the cut.
Black Shadow sucks. I hate him. Just typing his stupid name is more than I can handle.
He could still appear, my feelings aside. He appeared on Sakurai’s poll (the only F-Zero character to have such an honor) and he played fairly significant role in F-Zero GX. But I really, really hope not.

2) All other F-Zero characters

Comments: Seriously Sakurai, why did you have to go and ruin everything by making Goroh an Assist Trophy?

As much as I would like to see one of the many awesome F-Zero characters make the cut (Pico, Dr. Stewart, Mr. EAD, etc.) but to be perfectly honest I don’t see it happening. Goroh was seen by most as Falcon’s rival and the seond most important character in the series, and with him gone things don’t look great for F-Zero characters in general.
Hopefully, Sakurai proves me wrong.

Pikmin Series:​

1)Louie

Every Batman needs a Robin, and Captain Olimar is no exception. However, it should be
noted that Louie doesn’t dress like a street walker the way Batman’s sidekick does.

On Sakurai’s Poll: No

Comments: Pikmin 2 was an incredible game across the board, and Louie deserves a lot of
the credit. Not only did the ability to control two characters add another layer of
depth and strategy to an already superb formulae, but Louie’s personality made for one
of the more hilarious and memorable storylines in recent memory. He may not be the most
popular choice, but I suspect Pikmin fans such as myself would be thrilled to see Louie
get the recognition he deserves.

My idea is simple: include Louie as an Olimar clone. Give Olimar access to Red, Blue and
Yellow Pikmin and give Louie Purple and White Pikmin. In addition to having minions of
different abilities, Louie’s stats could be slightly modified stats in regards to his
jumping, endurance and attack power. Olimar’s moveset will undoubtedly be a time
consuming one to program, so the Smash team might as well get all they can out of it.

Other Nintendo Characters:

1) Ray Mk 01

On Sakurai's Poll: yes

Comments: Okay, maybe saying that all the CR games suck is a bit much. Don't mind me,
it's just that Custom Robo for the Gamecube pretty much tainted the entire series for
me. One of the worst games I've ever played...

Anyway, I know what doesn't suck: awesome looking robots! For what it's worth, I think
Ray would be a fine addition. I wouldn't call him a shoe in, but he's definitely a
contender.

Here's a moveset made by Chidosengan:
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2897662&postcount=3611

2) Sukupon

Comments: I’m generally opposed to the idea of Japanese exclusive characters making the cut (since there are so many worthy characters that are universally popular) but I would actually love to see this characters make the cut. Check it out: Sukapon is a character from the Nintendo published, Japanese only Joy Mecha Fight. He’s a humanoid robot with no visible arms or legs and his purpose is to fight other similarly limbless robots.
To be honest, I only know about this character because he appeared on Sakurai’s poll, but this kind of crazy obscure character might be right up Sakurai’s alley!

3) Commander Kahn

"KKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHNNNNN!!!!"

Comments: There are very few absolute truths in this crazy, mixed up world - but here is
one of them: Elite Beat Agents is AWESOME! Seriously, I'm not usually into music games,
but this one is simply so full of personality and quirkiness that it is impossible not
to love. Sure, you could argue that one of those sissy cheerleaders from the Japanese
version of EBA (whatever the heck it’s called) has a better shot - but if Nintendo is
serious about increasing the profile of this series outside Japan, including a
character like Kahn in Brawl is just the way to do it.

Imagine how awesome it would be to use an assist trophy only to have Kahn appear and
begin grooving to the beat of “Jumping Jack Flash”. Having Kahn cheering you on would
cause the player’s speed and attack power to increase, making him a very useful ally.
AGENTS ARE GOOOOOO!

4) Mach Rider

Comments: I missed this game (by first console was the N64, so I have an excuse) but
judging by the synopsis I read on Wikipedia, this game sounds like utter genius.
Motorcycle. Machine guns. 'Nuff said. Nintendo: I want want a Wii sequel pronto.

Between Captain Falcon and Wario’s new chopper, I’m not seeing this character as very
likely any more. But as an assist? Why not.

5) Balloon Fighter

Art by JesterBox, used with permission.

Comments: In the wake of ROB’s deconfirmation (most likely, yadda yadda) I’ve been
forced to look elsewhere to ensure that fans of all things retro are not left out.
Fortunately, BF fills this void quite nicely. As JesterBox’s awesome sketch shows,
with a Pit-like upgrade this character could has a lot of potential.

Throw in the tantalizing fact that this character was one of the characters who was
planned as a playable character in Melee (hence the bumper item and the series music)
and you’ve got a character with a fairly strong chance of making the cut.

11) ***Space Reserved***

13) Chibi Robo

Comments:

the_Capt_Falcon_Master said:
Chibi Robo:

Star of one (soon to be two) popular and recent games the little robo's variety of in-game tools allows for vast possibilities as far as a move set goes. Plus who wouldn't wanna see one of the many coustumes chibi wears in his game as his alternates?
Check out Falcon_Master's Chibi moveset right here: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2618484&postcount=1898

Animal Crossing Series:​

1) Animal Crossing Villager

Beyond that cute facade lies the heart of a warrior!

Comments: In the past, ve had trouble predicting what Sakurai has in mind for everyone's favorite animal sim. At first, I thought that Nook was a shoein - then the Smashville update oblitorated my hopes. I've always thought that a generic, viking helmet clad villager would make some sense but being a diehard Mii fan, I imediately realized that there would probably only be only room for one generic avitar character in the game. I clung to the hope that another animal like Resseti would serve as AC rep - or else the stage would debute without a playable character.

But that's if the past. The wi-fi update confirmed that Miis served as online avitars, crushing my hopes of a playable Mii character - leaving the door open to the AC villager. Considering that the character appears on Sakurai's and is the only playable character in the ultra-popular Animal Crossing franchise the Villager's chances look pretty good. Regardless, with an AC stage and icon in the game, it would be pretty odd for the series to be without a playable character as well.

Touch Generations

1) Dr. Kawashima

Fun Fact: with the money he earned from all his Brain Age games, Dr. Kawashima was able to purchase his own south caribean island, where he now spends most of his free time plotting world domination.

Comments: Madness? Blasphemy? No my friend, Dr. Kawashima is not only a brilliant choice for a playable character in Super Smash Bros, he's also extremely likely.

Exhibit A: Dr. Kawashima is a gaming icon. His Brain Age games on sparked the whole casual Casual gaming revolution that allowed Nintendo to bring videogames to an entire new audience. Without this dude, the Wii would simply be the Gamecube 2.

Exhibit B: Kawashima is ranked a respectable third on Sakurai's poll. Nothing specacular, but it shows that Sakurai knows the character exists, and that he has his share of fans in the land of the risng sun.

Exhibit C: There is evidence suggesting that a Touch Generations character will make the cut. Look no further than the Picto-chat stage (complete with Brain Age Music) and the presesnce of the DS icon.

Exhibit D: Kawashima would be freaking sweet in Brawl. Just give him a body modeled after the real life Kawahima (perhaps that totally rad brown sweater pictured above) and give him a moveset consisting of... MATH EQUATIONS! He would be the ultimate WTF character.

Tatanga4Brawl said:

Tatanga was the central villain in Super Mario Land. He had mindcontrolled Sarasaland and stolen Princess Daisy. He was the final boss. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yT3n1jx8fY

His 2nd appearence was in SML2. His ship is noticeably smaller. He was the boss of the Space zone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8UpW_seV2M (around 4:08) After that, he was never seen again.

GodzillaSmasher said:
Ever hear of Tricky from StarFox?

Standard Special Move: Fire Bolt- A Small fire ball

Side Special Move: Dino Charge- Tricky charges forward, smashing enemys in his way.

Up Special Move: Flame- A stream of flame aimed straight upward.

Down Special Move: Earth Shake- Tricky jumps up, and smashes downward, causing a small quake.

Final Smash: SpellStone Breakdown- Tricky breathes life into the SpellStones, and they dart through the stage, harming enemys they hit.

Knuckles

Standard Special Move: Metal Punch- Knuckles charges up chaos energy into his fist, and punches.

Side Special Move: Double Punch- Knuckles runs forward,a nd punches with both fists.

Up Special Move: Glide- Knuckles jumps up, and glides forward, hitting anyone in between. In he is jumping, he will automatically glide.

Down Special Move: Spinning Fists- Knuckles spins in a circle, punching anyone within range.

Final Smash: Master Emerald- Knuckles mounts the Master Emerald, and take sflight. Anyone he runs into will be harmed by the Chaos energy

Rakath said:
Mia (AKA Wayu) from Fire Emblem 9 and 10

Now, Mia isn't much on her own, but she is the latest in a long line of female swordfighters in Fire Emblem (Fire Emblem 4 started it, and after Aira there is one female Swordmaster per game: Mareeta, Fir, Karla, Marisa, and finally Mia).

Now, that on its own wouldn't be enough to elevate her over any of the other Swordmasters. But, she's also on the list, meaning on her own at least someone loves her enough to make a vote that Sakurai acknowledged. It isn't much, but its enough for me to think she at least deserves a mention in 'someone that would of been great' in Brawl.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
The beauty of my hypothetical scenario is that it could have taken place last week, last year or at some point in the near future. At some point (if they haven't reached it already) Sakurai's team will have to choose between bringing back some of the superfluous characters from Melee and putting in new characters.

My bet is that Sakurai is more interested in making Brawl as original as possible, not making it a retirement home for outdated characters. Retro characters can appear in Smash Bros, but unless their series is still thriving they should make guest appearance for one game - nothing more.

And are you seriously saying that you would rather play as G&W than any other character you can imagine? I would expect a guy with an oopa loopa as his avitar to demonstrate a little more imagination.
I honestly wouldn't care at all if some characters are axed, in particular if axing them makes room for charactures on my wanted list, chars I don't give a **** about...

G&W
Ice Climbers
Roy
Pichu
Doc
Sheik

And other chars that could be replaced by other chars if they wanted to.

Mewtwo by Lucario
Ness by Lucas
Marth by Ike

I honestly woudn't mind if they axed or replaced the chars, Mewtwo I just can't see how they would make him true to himself without making him incrudably powerfull.

I like your list though from your list I would axe.

Tom Nook (he's lame)

Olimar (Might be good, but I don't like a char that has to depend on others, I just imagine he would suck horribly)

Mii, I just don't like mii's very much and thing their kind of lame.

Bowser Jr, I just don't think the Mario francise needs any more reps, just make Bowser faster and stronger and I'll be happy.

King K Rool, we don't need a fat lizard running around, he's a lame villan.

Sora, just don't want him

Geno, he would be okay, but really I would rather have them focus on more recent chars.

Dark Samus, Only if as a clone, otherwise it would be a wasted slot.

And As I said before, I would add...

Wolf (he could have a unique moveset look in the wolf thread at my suggestions if you don't believe me)

Bomberman (He is a definite Nintendo icon and is fairly popular)

Zant, I just like him, and after seeing his wacky moves in Twilight Princess I think he would make a awsome combatent.

Midna, having one form of midna would be inconsistant.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I was thinking of saying something about him, too. K.Rool seems like a wannabe Bowser to me. And what does the gaming industry have against lizards anyway?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I honestly wouldn't care at all if some characters are axed, in particular if axing them makes room for charactures on my wanted list, chars I don't give a **** about...

G&W
Ice Climbers
Roy
Pichu
Doc
Sheik

And other chars that could be replaced by other chars if they wanted to.

Mewtwo by Lucario
Ness by Lucas
Marth by Ike

I honestly woudn't mind if they axed or replaced the chars, Mewtwo I just can't see how they would make him true to himself without making him incrudably powerfull.

I like your list though from your list I would axe.

Tom Nook (he's lame)

Olimar (Might be good, but I don't like a char that has to depend on others, I just imagine he would suck horribly)

Mii, I just don't like mii's very much and thing their kind of lame.

Bowser Jr, I just don't think the Mario francise needs any more reps, just make Bowser faster and stronger and I'll be happy.

Sora, just don't want him

Geno, he would be okay, but really I would rather have them focus on more recent chars.

Dark Samus, Only if as a clone, otherwise it would be a wasted slot.

And As I said before, I would add...

Wolf (he could have a unique moveset look in the wolf thread at my suggestions if you don't believe me)

Bomberman (He is a definite Nintendo icon and is fairly popular)

Zant, I just like him, and after seeing his wacky moves in Twilight Princess I think he would make a awsome combatent.

Midna, having one form of midna would be inconsistant.

I'm glad that someone understands that cutting old charcaters is a great way to make room for new ones. I agree with all your cuts in theory, but I don't see Ness being cut as he was one of the original twelve.

But that, my friend, is where you and I part ways.

Tom Nook- You may not like him, but as the most prominant charcater in the highly successful Animal Crossing series Nook's chances of being included are really high. Besides, Jigglypuff has proven that a character can be extrmely lame and still be included in Smash Bros.

Olimar- (*Yelp! ... wimper ... wimper... croak*) I hope you're proud of yourself. That was the sound of a puppy dying.

Bowser Jr.- Not only would this character have a completely new moveset, but his inclusion means that less worthy Mario charcaters like Waluigi, Daisy and Toad won't make the cut.

K. Rool - To be frank, I dislike the charcater. But would you really want Dixie to take his place?

Sora- It would mean the world to all those Kingdom Hearts nuts. Plus, you can beat the living crap out of him.

Geno- Err.. no comment.

Dark Samus- Yeah, DS will either be cloned or left out. I'm hoping for the former.

Wolf- I love the Starfox series, but it doesn't deserve the same level of representation as Pokemon or Metroid. We already have one Fox clone, why do we need another?

Bomberman- His unoriginal moveset (Check it out... his a Man ... with Bombs! What will they think of next.) means that he would be lost in the shadow of more original 3rd party charcaters. His chances increase if Konami is the only company that agrees to include their charcaters in the game (Hudson is owned by Konami).

Zant- Sadly, not likely. There are already plenty of TP charcaters far more deserving of a place in Brawl.

Midna- I'd like to see both forms as well, but we can probably only expect one or the other.

I was thinking of saying something about him, too. K.Rool seems like a wannabe Bowser to me. And what does the gaming industry have against lizards anyway?
K. Rool is a blatant rip off of bowser, no question. But he his importance in the DK series is such that if a third charcater is put in, it will be him.

I'm not sure what Nintendo has a against lizards. I'm sure there's a good conspiracy theory here somewhere....

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
K. Rool is a blatant rip off of bowser, no question. But he his importance in the DK series is such that if a third charcater is put in, it will be him.

I'm not sure what Nintendo has a against lizards. I'm sure there's a good conspiracy theory here somewhere....
^^^^ exactly, he was a Bowser rip off originaly. Note I said originally, because he became a lot more. He is simply one of the most reconizable DK characters, and has played in almost every DK game, and has been a villian, with many diffrent appearances throughout the series.

If Diddy Kong isn't in SSBB, expect a huge issue, and I think 3 or 4 DK characters is safe to predict. Look the only three bigger franchises (in games sold) are Mario, Pokemon, and tLOZ. Other than that, not having 3 DK characters would be a simply mistake.

Lol, on my list eariler I forgot Paper Mario as well as a possible character. Considering how much I like him, well I don't feel too smart, lol :laugh:! Pretty funny and odd, lol!

Also I'm sure noone would guess this but I actualy like Simon, and love the first three Castlevania games (only other in the series I've played is Portrait of Ruins and Super Castlevania).

Again I have to state my opinion on classic characters. Why dump the old for the new, when redone the old characters can own just as much as the newer characters. So screw clones, keep the classic, and keep up the originality. Hopefully we won't go on clone overload like last time, which somehow randomly helped Melee's success.

Also Nintendo isn't going to rush Brawl if they don't need to. Nintendo have two great 1st/2nd party games out in tLOZ: Twilight Princess, and Super Paper Mario. Then they have two great 1st/2nd party games coming out (probably in 07) in Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Also, the online possible of MP 3 could keep us busy for a while before Brawl's realease, and since MP 3 has beeen delayed and other games are scheduled before Brawl for the WiiConnect24 feature (the Wii's Multiplayer), itis very likely SSBB could be delayed.

So again I don't think Brawl will be rushed to be released, because Nintendo clearly knows all of the series (mainly Melee's) popularity. From Melee being on the top 20 best-selling GC games of every month from it's release on to date, Melee having more units sold than any other GC game, to the huge success and popularity of Melee torunaments.

So why would Nintendo need to rush Brawl with Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and other big 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party games got it's back before and after its release? Nintendo and Sakurai want Brawl perfected, nothing short, no expcetions. With that said, don't be surpirsed if Brawl comes out in 2008.

Perfection of this game will give us all a reason to be happy, and I'd rather have the game out perfected with a 45+ character cast then a uncompletedgame 6 months from now with a 35 character cast (and a feeling it could be a little more). Needless to say, Nintendo will keep us heavily busy if Brawl is delayed, and once it comes out I think we'll all be happy! Regardless of the cast, Brawl will simply be great (especially with WW Link=I'd own as him)! :)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
And are you seriously saying that you would rather play as G&W than any other character you can imagine? I would expect a guy with an oopa loopa as his avitar to demonstrate a little more imagination.
Mr. Game and Watch isn't the ONLY character I want, I have other hopes as well like Tom Nook, Muddy Mole, Stafy, DeMille, Olimar, Deoxys/Lucario (either or), Ryota Hayami, Ridley, Krystal, Diddy, etc, but G&W is above them all because he was my fav in Melee and the old G&W games are fun (I actally have an original "Octopus". Good times.) I'm just betting that they decided what characters are staying or leaving Melee with new charactrers, creating a rough estimate of a roster early in production. Sure, I'm positive they will think of more characters later and won't fit all in, but that will come up late. To be honest, I'm pissed that Sakurai is removing ANY character.

Has anyone taken the possibility of downloadables with Wiiconnect24? that could solve alot of issues.

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
curse you for the crime of having a life. only 2 games with 100+ hrs?

Zelda TP - 33 hrs in a thursday - sunday period. lots mroe since
melee - mroe than 100 hrs, easy
fire emblem path of radiance - probably clsoe to 100 hours, if not over
metroid prime - mm probably 50
prime 2 - 75ish, counting my full clear and hardmode files i guess

World of warcraft (takes the cake)

26 days ( on a single character, i have 3 more with atleast close to that time)
1 day being counted as 24 hours of playing.

if you flame WoW, Cowonthehunt will come and pewpewwtfbbqpwn your ***

oh my.... that is quite the amount of hours. i think you should get outside more.. or out ANYWHERE more lol

no offence, but do you do anything else but videogames?

and BTW WoW is SO boring in the beggining!!!!!! but when you are higher lvl its ok (i played my friends name its kinda cool)

(off topic) whats better prime or prime 2 (i almost beat number 1 i have the phazon suit its nice)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Has anyone taken the possibility of downloadables with Wiiconnect24? that could solve alot of issues.
I've been wondering about that from near the begining. I don't think they'll add characters with downloadable content, but maybe bug fixes, more tier evening out, and mainly more items,features, and modes. But basically all they'll do is do what other downloadable content games add: courses!

Basically ur right, it could solve a lot of issues, and could give Sakurai a lot more to work with, even post Brawl's release. The problem is people who don't have internet wouldn't get the new characters, and I don't think Sakurai would want that. Needless to say if this is used to add characters, IMO there won't be more than 3 or 4 added.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
^^^^ exactly, he was a Bowser rip off originaly. Note I said originally, because he became a lot more. He is simply one of the most reconizable DK characters, and has played in almost every DK game, and has been a villian, with many diffrent appearances throughout the series.

If Diddy Kong isn't in SSBB, expect a huge issue, and I think 3 or 4 DK characters is safe to predict. Look the only three bigger franchises (in games sold) are Mario, Pokemon, and tLOZ. Other than that, not having 3 DK characters would be a simply mistake.

Lol, on my list eariler I forgot Paper Mario as well as a possible character. Considering how much I like him, well I don't feel too smart, lol :laugh:! Pretty funny and odd, lol!

Also I'm sure noone would guess this but I actualy like Simon, and love the first three Castlevania games (only other in the series I've played is Portrait of Ruins and Super Castlevania).

Again I have to state my opinion on classic characters. Why dump the old for the new, when redone the old characters can own just as much as the newer characters. So screw clones, keep the classic, and keep up the originality. Hopefully we won't go on clone overload like last time, which somehow randomly helped Melee's success.

Also Nintendo isn't going to rush Brawl if they don't need to. Nintendo have two great 1st/2nd party games out in tLOZ: Twilight Princess, and Super Paper Mario. Then they have two great 1st/2nd party games coming out (probably in 07) in Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Also, the online possible of MP 3 could keep us busy for a while before Brawl's realease, and since MP 3 has beeen delayed and other games are scheduled before Brawl for the WiiConnect24 feature (the Wii's Multiplayer), itis very likely SSBB could be delayed.

So again I don't think Brawl will be rushed to be released, because Nintendo clearly knows all of the series (mainly Melee's) popularity. From Melee being on the top 20 best-selling GC games of every month from it's release on to date, Melee having more units sold than any other GC game, to the huge success and popularity of Melee torunaments.

So why would Nintendo need to rush Brawl with Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and other big 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party games got it's back before and after its release? Nintendo and Sakurai want Brawl perfected, nothing short, no expcetions. With that said, don't be surpirsed if Brawl comes out in 2008.

Perfection of this game will give us all a reason to be happy, and I'd rather have the game out perfected with a 45+ character cast then a uncompletedgame 6 months from now with a 35 character cast (and a feeling it could be a little more). Needless to say, Nintendo will keep us heavily busy if Brawl is delayed, and once it comes out I think we'll all be happy! Regardless of the cast, Brawl will simply be great (especially with WW Link=I'd own as him)! :)
Nintendo is a bussiness, first and foremost. They will take the course of action that makes them the most money.

This holiday is a crucial time for the Wii in that it will face competition from a ton of high profile PS3 and 360 releases. With Galaxy and Metroid on the way, Nintendo is looking pretty good, but having Brawl released this year would be a huge advantage. It could be the final straw needed to convince fence sitters who still don't know what next-gen console to get.

If it is humanly possible to get Brawl in some completed form by the end of the year, it will happen- regardless of whether it has 35 or 45 characters.

Mr. Game and Watch isn't the ONLY character I want, I have other hopes as well like Tom Nook, Muddy Mole, Stafy, DeMille, Olimar, Deoxys/Lucario (either or), Ryota Hayami, Ridley, Krystal, Diddy, etc, but G&W is above them all because he was my fav in Melee and the old G&W games are fun (I actally have an original "Octopus". Good times.) I'm just betting that they decided what characters are staying or leaving Melee with new charactrers, creating a rough estimate of a roster early in production. Sure, I'm positive they will think of more characters later and won't fit all in, but that will come up late. To be honest, I'm pissed that Sakurai is removing ANY character.

I love the idea of additional maps and characters available for download in the months and years following Brawl's release. As long as the game available for retail is a complete and incredible product in its own right, there is no downside whatsoever.

oh my.... that is quite the amount of hours. i think you should get outside more.. or out ANYWHERE more lol

no offence, but do you do anything else but videogames?

and BTW WoW is SO boring in the beggining!!!!!! but when you are higher lvl its ok (i played my friends name its kinda cool)

(off topic) whats better prime or prime 2 (i almost beat number 1 i have the phazon suit its nice)
Hi. Welcome to the Smashboards Character Discussion Forum. This is where we discuss possible characters for Super Smash Bros Brawl. (Answer: Prime 1 was better.)

Edit: I honestly don't know Eight Sage. I have to confess, I haven't gotten around to playing a Castelvania game yet. Since Simon Belmont starred in the original game and appeared on Sakurai's poll, my money's on him.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I love the idea of additional maps and characters available for download in the months and years following Brawl's release. As long as the game available for retail is a complete and incredible product in its own right, there is no downside whatsoever.
Me too. That way, even if a character needs to be cut or stage needs to be cut (a la Mach Rider or Akenia) you can always download them later. I hope that includes cut characters, so even if Marth, G&W, Falco, Yong Link or others are cut, they can always be brought back with the magic of Wii. Even Pichu, altough I don't know anyone who'd pay money to play him.

I

i8waffles612

When someone makes a long post like that, I think it deserves to be read. It could have some great information and opinions. And knowing Wiseguy by this thread, it will have great info and opinions

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
wooow!! nice work..i wonder if i'll get around to actually reading it.. =/
Uhhhh... thanks. Take your time and get back to me. I'm always interested in what people think of my predictions.

When someone makes a long post like that, I think it deserves to be read. It could have some great information and opinions. And knowing Wiseguy by this thread, it will have great info and opinions
Thank you for the compliment i8waffles612. I'm glad you like my thread.

Just a note: don't expect a responce from me until late tommorow. I'll be wrapped up with exams all day. Wish me luck.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think this definitely helps and proves that SSBB could be released in Q4 07, which adds some new cool things to SSBB. Now that I think about it, this could work, and I think I would like it this way. That is, unless there are like 200 expansion packs for $5 each=:mad:. Other than that there would be no downside. 2-5 expansion packs also wouldn't be too crazy.

This definitely adds some intresting points, and helps your arguement, with your very solid points. If SSBV was to be released SSBB in Q4 07 and this was used, I would actually like it the most that way. Nintendo and Sakurai could just adding to the great game.

I think we can all agree downloadable content to take the time pressure off, and adding great things that were forgotten, or new ideas would be exellent! Just keep adding to the game to add more freshness to it=I like it! IMO this is the best way to do it. Great ideas hemightbegiant and Wiseguy, this could make SSBB a lot better!

Man if only SSBB downloadable content ideas would come from this thread and the people on it's ideas. SSBB would be a lot better that way, and that would be totally awsome. The downloadable content characters, courses, features, etc. would own! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I must admit that I would rather see Wolf in Smash Brothers Brawl then Falco, I'm just hoping Nintendo sees eye to eye with me.

As for other chars their fine, I really don't want to see any chars axed except for the doc, young link, roy and pichu unless for a really good reason like though, the more the merrier I think, unless of course their strapped for time, although chars I really want to see added... to even the inclusion of other chars if nessesary...

Ridley
Sonic
Wolf
Gannondorf with his sword and dark magic.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wiseguy do you think Soma Cruz would make it?

'cause he revived the Castlevania series, and whatsmore, he's Nintendo-exclusive.

Simon or Soma?
I'm no Wiseguy...but I am a Castlevania diehard, so I should be able to field this one.

No. If you know anything about the 'Vania heroes, you'd know Soma is basically the sissiest, most pathetically wimpy of them, even squeezing out Juste: decorating fetishes and all.

To start, he's not a Belmont. That is key. If any CV character is making it into Brawl, he should at least be of the legendary family.

Soma's also the only protagonist of Japanese heritage, which means he's required by national law to be even more androgynous than most of CV's main men post-Symphony. Oh, and he wears a snow-white trenchcoat with fur lining...popular fashion sure is weird in 2035.

Also, CV was never needed to be "revived". It sold more and more than ever before after SotN and Iga adopted the "metroidvania" game design.

Simon ftw.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Johnknight1: leaving the design process in the hands of interdorks like us would lead to one thing and one thing only--Metapod.

In all seriousness, you'll love Brawl even if your dream character (or downloadable character) doesn't make the grade.

Speaking of which...nobody tell him, but I've welded all the exits of Wiseguy's place shut, not to mention all the small saucers of ether I hid in key locations and the replacement of all running water with chamomile tea. And you don't even want to know what I did to his bathroom.

Suffice to say, he ain't getting to those exams. And by the time he finds out it was me, I'll be so far across the Pennsylvanian border that I couldn't find my way out with a wet paper bag!

Wait a sec...this is a PUBLIC web forum!?

Uh...I mean...er...that is, "good luck on your exams!" And stuff.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
To start, he's not a Belmont. That is key. If any CV character is making it into Brawl, he should at least be of the legendary family.
Also, CV was never needed to be "revived". It sold more and more than ever before after SotN and Iga adopted the "metroidvania" game design.
Simon ftw.
Totally right.

Simon should be. He's in Sakurai's pool so no question about that. Hope he'll make it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
He's in Sakurai's pool
I'm imagining Sakurai walking into his home, putting away his shoes, getting a glass of water, doing some work...then deciding to go take a swim. When he opens the door to his totally-not-inconceivable-because-of-limited-space-in-Japan-especially-in-Tokyo-and-now-that-I-think-about-it-probably-an-apartment-in-Tokyo-since-Sakurai-doesn't-normally-live-in-Tokyo-and-is-only-there-because-that's-where-the-Brawl-development-studio-is-located pool room, he sees an open window, splattered with moisture, some watery footprints, and a discarded whip.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
So Wiseguy, ignoring all of that Skeik stuff, what would you rate my list? The one a couple of pages back I mean.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Well, I'm back from a day of cramming in tons of useless information into my head about Canadian History and writing them down to be scructinized by souless history proffessor. For all you Americans out there: Canadian History is a lot like yours, but wwwaaayyy more boring. Rather than discuss the epic wars of our past, we talk about people who solved their problems by compromise and peaceful negociation.

I think this definitely helps and proves that SSBB could be released in Q4 07, which adds some new cool things to SSBB. Now that I think about it, this could work, and I think I would like it this way. That is, unless there are like 200 expansion packs for $5 each=:mad:. Other than that there would be no downside. 2-5 expansion packs also wouldn't be too crazy.

This definitely adds some intresting points, and helps your arguement, with your very solid points. If SSBV was to be released SSBB in Q4 07 and this was used, I would actually like it the most that way. Nintendo and Sakurai could just adding to the great game.

I think we can all agree downloadable content to take the time pressure off, and adding great things that were forgotten, or new ideas would be exellent! Just keep adding to the game to add more freshness to it=I like it! IMO this is the best way to do it. Great ideas hemightbegiant and Wiseguy, this could make SSBB a lot better!

Man if only SSBB downloadable content ideas would come from this thread and the people on it's ideas. SSBB would be a lot better that way, and that would be totally awsome. The downloadable content characters, courses, features, etc. would own! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I hope your, right. But until we get some indication that Sakurai plans to do this, we have to assume that no downloads will be included. Sad, but true.

Hey I've got a question... There was something like Sakurai's pool back in Melee too? Or this is the first time?
Alright, I must admit that I would rather see Wolf in Smash Brothers Brawl then Falco, I'm just hoping Nintendo sees eye to eye with me.

As for other chars their fine, I really don't want to see any chars axed except for the doc, young link, roy and pichu unless for a really good reason like though, the more the merrier I think, unless of course their strapped for time, although chars I really want to see added... to even the inclusion of other chars if nessesary...

Ridley
Sonic
Wolf
Gannondorf with his sword and dark magic.
I too wouldn't mind seeing Falco replaced by Wolf. Unfortunately, I get enough grief from the Game &Watch and Mewtwo defense forces.

Speaking of which...nobody tell him, but I've welded all the exits of Wiseguy's place shut, not to mention all the small saucers of ether I hid in key locations and the replacement of all running water with chamomile tea. And you don't even want to know what I did to his bathroom.

Suffice to say, he ain't getting to those exams. And by the time he finds out it was me, I'll be so far across the Pennsylvanian border that I couldn't find my way out with a wet paper bag!

Wait a sec...this is a PUBLIC web forum!?

Uh...I mean...er...that is, "good luck on your exams!" And stuff.
Erm.
Err.
Uh.
Good luck with the exams. And... good luck with any other obstacles? o_o
Nice try Mendez, but did you really expect me to be unprepared for that exact turn of events? On nights before an exam I always sleep on the roof. While you were messing around in my bathroom, I was making my escape. Better luck next time.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Oh, I see that you want other people to make a 45-character list. Here's mine

Mario-8

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Yoshi (I just put him in there)
Wario (same as Yoshi)
Petey Piranha (very unlikely but I wish...)

Pokemon-4

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario

Kirby-3

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox-4

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

DK-3

DK
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Zelda-4

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Vaati

F-Zero-2

Captain Falcon
Deathborne

Metroid-2

Samus/Zero Suit
Ridley

Other Characters-9

Ness
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Marth
Pit
Captain Olimar
Geno
Ike
Felix

3rd Party-3

Snake
Sonic
Crono

Total of 42
So Wiseguy, ignoring all of that Skeik stuff, what would you rate my list? The one a couple of pages back I mean.
As a wishlist, I like it for its originality. But as for accurate predictions, I just can't see it. As much as Petey Pirana and Deathborn would make great characters, there are more prominent characters in their respective series that deserve a spot more. I also think you've under represented some series (like Donkey Kong) and over represented Starfox. Personally, I'd give it 6.5/10.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hey I've got a question... There was something like Sakurai's pool back in Melee too? Or this is the first time?
Sorry, Eight Sage, I realized that I forgot to answer your question (that and I want to keep my thread alive as long as possible).

Yes, there was something similar for melee. Check it out: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81891&highlight=melee+poll

Its an interesting read to be sure. Some charcaters on the poll got in (like Bowser, Peach, Marth and Mewtwo) while others were put off (Wario, Meat Knight and King Dedede). I think we can probably expect for Brawl a combination of charcaters form his poll as well as some entirely new ones (like Zero Suit samus).

Fawriel

Smash Master
Filthy Chief, you beat me to it!

Also, I don't know what a +rep is, but I wanna give one to you.

Top Bottom