• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Alright Mendez, it's about time you conformed and gave a scathing critique some fair and just commentary.

//////////////////////////////////////

The (supposed) Inclusions

Mario: Nuff' said.
Luigi: Luigi's Mansion, lame? Heresy! I loved it, but most didn't, which is why I have my reservations about his appearance being Poltergust-centric. It'd work for his Brawl attack though.
Peach: Just so long as she fights with Perry instead of random sports equipment...
Bowser: Agreed.
Bowser Jr.: Ditto.
TP Link: They'd better not mess too much with his moveset, since he's clearly the standard Link, and I'm mainly a Link guy.
WW Link: I'd love nothing more than to see him in. But they can't call him "Young Link", since the other Link isn't the "Adult Link". That's really the only problem I see with him.That, and I don't know how well the cel-shading'd mix with the rest of Brawl.
Zelda: She needs to use her sword somewhere, and maybe the Light Arrows. But not so much that she becomes a Link-a-like (see what I did there?).
Ganondorf: I really didn't like TP Ganon's design. Those massive, snow white eyes and pearly whites were so out of place, plus; what kind of Evil King curls his hair? I really would rather see his trident as his weapon, and that they give him a different, more broad design based on past Ganon designs.
Midna: I'm pretty anti-Twili Midna, but I won't get into it here. Summarily, she's not as important, Imp Midna's alot more fun, and (it's been said before)she did three things in TP: appear, talk, cry, leave.
Pikachu: Yeah, he's in.
Jiggs: I'm not a serious Jigg-man, but it's fun to play as him every now and then.
Lucario: Lucario's not a real special Pokemon, but he apparently was one of the first of the new ones revealed. I don't know how much clout that'll net him, so let's just say I'm undecided for now.
Deoxys: Certainly an unconventional fighter, but I'd definitely like him in.
Samus/Zamus: I don't want them messing too much with Samus's moves, and we know she doesn't transform in the traditional sense. Whatever the case, there's not much to say on the subject until we get more details.
Ridley: He'd better make it.
Dark Samus: Sounds fine, though I still want an original movelist.
Kirby: No comment, he's in and I can't think of any thing of worth to note here.
Meta-Knight: Yeah, he seems like he could be cheap, since it seems each of his attacks hits multiple times.
Dedede: A floating Bowser? Can you say 'hot-****'?
Fox:
Krystal: In the word of Nintendo Power; "Krystal's a fox, but according to voters, she's also a fox"...I just find that humorous. Yeah, she should make it,
Falco: A rocket launcher? Maybe. I do agree with the red outfit though.
DK: Give him his clap-grab from Jungle Beat, or at least change his side+B with something worthwhile.
Diddy: Oi, I'm not opening this can of worms (or is that Klap Traps?). I'll just say that I'm very opposed to Diddy, or rather, Diddy from DK64.
K. Rool: No. Just...no.
Ike: You know my stance on him.
Black Knight: Eh...
C. Falcon: How can he not be in?
Goroh: God I hate the F-ZERO story, not to mention characters. If they really must make another F-ZERO fighter, make it someone who isn't completely ********.
Ness: I vaguely remember loving Ness in SSB, but then never playing him in Melee...that needs fixin'.
Poo: Never! Pokey for the win! That was a joke, I love Poo...wait...
Yoshi: Yoshi seriously needs a better moveset, like oh I don't know; a recovery move, or at least a second jump? They should make his Egg Throw better too.
Wario: I'm so happy they chose his Made in Wario persona. Much cooler.
Pit: Good ol' Pit. You've finally hit the big time, old friend.
Mii: My mind says yes, but my heart says no. It doesn't seem right. Maybe because they're not really Nintendo characters; they're our characters.
Snake: CQC would make for some kickin' grabs.
Sonic: In the wake of trash like Riders and Shadow, I'm no longer a pro-Sonic guy, but I agree that he'll probably make it from the sheer number of requests.
Megaman: I'd rather a Capcom character whose recent exploits don't suck. Like, say Viewtiful Joe?
Simon: Yay!
Sora: You really should play KH2, at least. It's basically the best action game on the PS2. Weird, improbable plotlines aside...it's awesome. That said, there's no way he's getting in to Brawl from one GBA game (great as it was).
Geno: I couldn't stand Super Mario RPG (the only Mario RPG I've liked is Superstar Saga), and I don't know why he's so requested. I say nay.

The (supposed) Cuts

Dr. Mario: Say no more.
G&W: Yeah, pretty much.
Ice Climbers: Uh-huh.
Mewtwo: Meh, don't really care; I never play as him. But he shouldn't make it soley on the grounds that there are a lot more Pokemon to pick from now.
Pichu: XD
Marth: You know.
Roy: Same deal.
Sheik: Yeah, no Sheik. In fact, how about no transformations mapped to buttons?

The arbitraty score out of one million: 700,000/1,000,000

P.S. Pokemon's anything but an easy RPG. If there is a"my first" in the genre, it's the Paper Mario series.

P.P.S. I'm not saying Snake Eater didn't improve on the series (it's actually my favorite next to Gaiden), but the camera didn't fit with the wide open expanses (walk ten steps, lookahead, another ten steps, look ahead, etc.), and (this is a personal problem) they never told me how to use any of the really cool CQC moves! All I can do is interrogation and assassination...

Oh, and the Camo Index/Survival Viewer (tedious as it was) were definitely improvements/unneccessary (respectively), but not revolutionary. Splinter Cell had a "can-you-see-me?" meter years before.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
AND WHAT IS WITH EVERYONE'S FIXATION WITH THIS DUMB "TIER LIST? AND HOW IS MEWTWO AT THE BOTTOM? AND WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE SHIEK?
I agree with you...sort of.

I don't think the "tier list" is any sort of way to judge characters either. The vast majority of Smashers don't care either way, just as long as the characters are fun to play as.

That said, Mewtwo does have a crappy set-up, and Sheik is amazingly cheap.

Note: Don't blame me for double posting; blame yourself for being slower than me.

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
Yay Olimar! He's my top pick for Brawl. But what's wrong with pokemon. It's a great game IMO. Ridley and King Dedede are good also. Ahh penguins and dragons are 2 of the best animals on earth now all we need is a kiwi bird wielding a flamethrower and the game is perfect.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
ok for one thing. yeah bomberman throws bombs. so what if other characters have bombs? mario has a fireball, so does luigi. plenty of swordsmen. you cant really say bomberman is too similar to somebody because 2 characters each have 1 bomb attack. I have some movelist ideas in bomberman's respective thread, and i check that periodically (usually glance in for replies whenever im on smashboards) so take a look there, theres plenty of other people who have reasons bomberman should be in too. most of my own stuff is on the last handful of pages

EDIT: did you lose somebody in the 9/11 or something? if so, im sorry, but otherwise, how is massive explosions and blowing stuff up boring!?
Yeah, one of the highjackers brought their plane down in Saint John, Canada. Get real dude.

I took a look at your Bomberman thread but, from what I could gather, the character just doesn't bring anything new to Smash Bros. Potential newcomers like Olimar and Geno are not only popular, they are guaranteed to have creative and unique movesets. Also, you failed to mention that Luigi is a clone of Mario. Do you really think Bomber could be included as Link clone?

Well, that was a really entertaining read. =D Although I love the Pokemon series and have been traumatized by Captain Falcon too much to be able to associate anything good with him. In fact, my rants about him were similar to yours about Sheik, down to the "tumor" analogy. Woah.
But yeah, Sheik smiles solemnly upon the button mashers.

Say, where would I find that poll Sakurai made that I hear so much about? I'd like to check for some of my own wishes... I hear Gardevoir was in it... which would be downright awesome. You don't have to be a Pokemon fan to appreciate what looks like a modern artist's rendition of a French ballroom dancer anime goddess lady... thing..!
Yeah, its really hard to find. I wish someone would post the Sakuari Poll Thread as a sticky:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71872&highlight=sakurai+poll

As for Gardevoir, she looks like she could have an interesting moveset. But then again, I'm not a fan of Pokemon so I maynot be the best person to ask.

Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to come to terms with your cut list. I mean, Sakurai did say that they wouldn't all return... but he didn't say that he'd be cutting EIGHT CHARACTERS!
The only ones I see going bye-bye are Young Link, Pichu, and Roy. Your spiel about Ike convinced me that Marth will probably be replaced too. AND WHAT IS WITH EVERYONE'S FIXATION WITH THIS DUMB "TIER LIST? AND HOW IS MEWTWO AT THE BOTTOM? AND WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE SHIEK?Sorry, but with Zelda being so unimportant in TP, and with OoT being possibly her most important Zelda game, aside from possibly WW, I don't see Shiek being removed in any way. I also have to disagree with your little note about not caring if Jigglypuff being cut. In case you haven't noticed, according to Nintendo itself, Jiggs is one of the strongest characters, right next to G&W, Yoshi, and Ness, who does need a makeover.
From the sound of it, you and I want very different things from Brawl. You, like many people I've talked to, want it to be Super Smash Bros. Melee 2.0 with most of the old characters returning and a handful of newcomers. I, on the other hand, want Brawl to be an entirely new Smash Bros. experience with as many new charcaters to play as as possible. Axing eight charcaters may sound a bit extreme, but if doing so allows eight newcomers (for example: Sonic, Geno, Ridley, Krystal, Olimar, Ike, Goroh, and Midna) then it is, in my opinion, necessary.

I too, think most people complain too much about the tier list but when it comes to Sheik having an unfair advantage and Mewtwo being the worst character in the game, there is little room for debate.

Good topic yeah I was pissed off when I first saw Samus with the same old suit design I mean why not use the Metroid Prime design which looks a lot cooler and detailed all the characters get new designs and Samus stays the same what the hell by the way the Metroid Prime series is my favorite too kick *** games.

I also agree Sheik should go to hell what a lame character It requires no skill to be good with everything is so easy to do Shiek is one of the reason why melee is an unbalanced game that d*** b**** counters almost all the other characters in the game only players with no skill play as her.
The Metroid Prime series is indeed awsome. Maybe Sakurai will change armoured Samus' appearance to reflect it.

Also, I'm glad someone shares my hatred for Sheik. Hopfully we'll soon see the day when unskilled players can no longer hide behind her cheapness.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Here is my two cents.
No on Bowser Jr, there are more deserving Mario series characters like Toad? Or maybe or other characters from the Mario series like Geno (If he is a part of Nintendo).

No on Wind Waker Link, Cell shaded to 3-D? No thanks, the team will probably will have to re-do the game. Keep Y. Link and give him another movset. Similar to Link's but some differences here and there.

No on Minda, cool person but no. Minda either form is too new and the game wasn't all that great. Instead maybe use Zant? Or another Zelda enemy like Vatti. Minda to me seems like Navi...So sorry.

No on Dexyos but yes on Mewtwo. The third gen of Pokemon sucks, it doesn't need a reject like Dexyos. Mewtwo is a good pokemon he is from the first gen which ruled. He needs a different move set and probably be faster. The third gen sucks sorry, first gen pokemon should probably get first dibs.

No on Dark Samus, sorry it probably be the same as Samus expect no morph ball and some super energy. No thanks, Dark Samus is cool and all. But..it would be too much of a clone.

No on Nook and Popo. I'm not sure they are cut out for Brawl.

Also Star Fox needs to added, Star Fox is a villain from the Star Series haven't had him in either games. Throw him in there.

A HELL NO on Sora. First off the fanpeople, second he is the creation of Dinsey and Sqaure. NO. I wouldn't evem want him even being a trophy keep him out of Brawl. He really just stinks, emotional kid, the game is horrible. All three of them are a joke. Keep him out of Brawl.

And no on Mii, This is not Soul Calibur 3 don't not make it into this.

Oh you can keep either Marth or Roy doesn't matter.

Game and Watch can stay, and so can IC's. Doesn't matter because Pit never got a sequel either. So there.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Alright Mendez, it's about time you conformed and gave a scathing critique some fair and just commentary.

The (supposed) Inclusions

Mario: Nuff' said.
Luigi: Luigi's Mansion, lame? Heresy! I loved it, but most didn't, which is why I have my reservations about his appearance being Poltergust-centric. It'd work for his Brawl attack though.
Peach: Just so long as she fights with Perry instead of random sports equipment...
Bowser: Agreed.
Bowser Jr.: Ditto.
TP Link: They'd better not mess too much with his moveset, since he's clearly the standard Link, and I'm mainly a Link guy.
WW Link: I'd love nothing more than to see him in. But they can't call him "Young Link", since the other Link isn't the "Adult Link". That's really the only problem I see with him.That, and I don't know how well the cel-shading'd mix with the rest of Brawl.
Zelda: She needs to use her sword somewhere, and maybe the Light Arrows. But not so much that she becomes a Link-a-like (see what I did there?).
Ganondorf: I really didn't like TP Ganon's design. Those massive, snow white eyes and pearly whites were so out of place, plus; what kind of Evil King curls his hair? I really would rather see his trident as his weapon, and that they give him a different, more broad design based on past Ganon designs.
Midna: I'm pretty anti-Twili Midna, but I won't get into it here. Summarily, she's not as important, Imp Midna's alot more fun, and (it's been said before)she did three things in TP: appear, talk, cry, leave.
Pikachu: Yeah, he's in.
Jiggs: I'm not a serious Jigg-man, but it's fun to play as him every now and then.
Lucario: Lucario's not a real special Pokemon, but he apparently was one of the first of the new ones revealed. I don't know how much clout that'll net him, so let's just say I'm undecided for now.
Deoxys: Certainly an unconventional fighter, but I'd definitely like him in.
Samus/Zamus: I don't want them messing too much with Samus's moves, and we know she doesn't transform in the traditional sense. Whatever the case, there's not much to say on the subject until we get more details.
Ridley: He'd better make it.
Dark Samus: Sounds fine, though I still want an original movelist.
Kirby: No comment, he's in and I can't think of any thing of worth to note here.
Meta-Knight: Yeah, he seems like he could be cheap, since it seems each of his attacks hits multiple times.
Dedede: A floating Bowser? Can you say 'hot-****'?
Fox:
Krystal: In the word of Nintendo Power; "Krystal's a fox, but according to voters, she's also a fox"...I just find that humorous. Yeah, she should make it,
Falco: A rocket launcher? Maybe. I do agree with the red outfit though.
DK: Give him his clap-grab from Jungle Beat, or at least change his side+B with something worthwhile.
Diddy: Oi, I'm not opening this can of worms (or is that Klap Traps?). I'll just say that I'm very opposed to Diddy, or rather, Diddy from DK64.
K. Rool: No. Just...no.
Ike: You know my stance on him.
Black Knight: Eh...
C. Falcon: How can he not be in?
Goroh: God I hate the F-ZERO story, not to mention characters. If they really must make another F-ZERO fighter, make it someone who isn't completely ********.
Ness: I vaguely remember loving Ness in SSB, but then never playing him in Melee...that needs fixin'.
Poo: Never! Pokey for the win! That was a joke, I love Poo...wait...
Yoshi: Yoshi seriously needs a better moveset, like oh I don't know; a recovery move, or at least a second jump? They should make his Egg Throw better too.
Wario: I'm so happy they chose his Made in Wario persona. Much cooler.
Pit: Good ol' Pit. You've finally hit the big time, old friend.
Mii: My mind says yes, but my heart says no. It doesn't seem right. Maybe because they're not really Nintendo characters; they're our characters.
Snake: CQC would make for some kickin' grabs.
Sonic: In the wake of trash like Riders and Shadow, I'm no longer a pro-Sonic guy, but I agree that he'll probably make it from the sheer number of requests.
Megaman: I'd rather a Capcom character whose recent exploits don't suck. Like, say Viewtiful Joe?
Simon: Yay!
Sora: You really should play KH2, at least. It's basically the best action game on the PS2. Weird, improbable plotlines aside...it's awesome. That said, there's no way he's getting in to Brawl from one GBA game (great as it was).
Geno: I couldn't stand Super Mario RPG (the only Mario RPG I've liked is Superstar Saga), and I don't know why he's so requested. I say nay.

The (supposed) Cuts

Dr. Mario: Say no more.
G&W: Yeah, pretty much.
Ice Climbers: Uh-huh.
Mewtwo: Meh, don't really care; I never play as him. But he shouldn't make it soley on the grounds that there are a lot more Pokemon to pick from now.
Pichu: XD
Marth: You know.
Roy: Same deal.
Sheik: Yeah, no Sheik. In fact, how about no transformations mapped to buttons?

The arbitraty score out of one million: 700,000/1,000,000

P.S. Pokemon's anything but an easy RPG. If there is a"my first" in the genre, it's the Paper Mario series.

P.P.S. I'm not saying Snake Eater didn't improve on the series (it's actually my favorite next to Gaiden), but the camera didn't fit with the wide open expanses (walk ten steps, lookahead, another ten steps, look ahead, etc.), and (this is a personal problem) they never told me how to use any of the really cool CQC moves! All I can do is interrogation and assassination...

Oh, and the Camo Index/Survival Viewer (tedious as it was) were definitely improvements/unneccessary (respectively), but not revolutionary. Splinter Cell had a "can-you-see-me?" meter years before.
Wow, that's one in-depth analysis. Where to begin?

Diddy: You're not getting off that easily. Why are you opposed to a fun and unique Diddy moveset? You're not one of those "Diddy/Dixie tagteam" advocates are you?

K.Rool: I'm not a fan either. He was a last minute addition when I realized that the DK series wasn't being fairly represented on my list. Still, he could prove to be a fun chrcater.

Goroh: Yeah, F-zero stories aren't that great (aside from their unintentionally hilarious stupidity) the series still has its dedicated fans that should not be short changed. And what's wrong with Goroh? He's awesome, in an eighties-rockstar-on-steriods kind of way.

Olimar: What's the matter? Is he too insignificant to even mention? FOR SHAME Mendez.

Yay Olimar! He's my top pick for Brawl. But what's wrong with pokemon. It's a great game IMO. Ridley and King Dedede are good also. Ahh penguins and dragons are 2 of the best animals on earth now all we need is a kiwi bird wielding a flamethrower and the game is perfect.
Yeah, Olimar's awesome. If he gets in Brawl, all my fondest dreams will have come true.

And, for the last time, there's nothing "wrong" with Pokemon. Its just not my cup of tea. I think I put a fair ammount of Pokemon on my list, so now everyone can be happy (except Mewtwo and Pichu fans).

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Here is my two cents.
No on Bowser Jr, there are more deserving Mario series characters like Toad? Or maybe or other characters from the Mario series like Geno (If he is a part of Nintendo).

No on Wind Waker Link, Cell shaded to 3-D? No thanks, the team will probably will have to re-do the game. Keep Y. Link and give him another movset. Similar to Link's but some differences here and there.

No on Minda, cool person but no. Minda either form is too new and the game wasn't all that great. Instead maybe use Zant? Or another Zelda enemy like Vatti. Minda to me seems like Navi...So sorry.

No on Dexyos but yes on Mewtwo. The third gen of Pokemon sucks, it doesn't need a reject like Dexyos. Mewtwo is a good pokemon he is from the first gen which ruled. He needs a different move set and probably be faster. The third gen sucks sorry, first gen pokemon should probably get first dibs.

No on Dark Samus, sorry it probably be the same as Samus expect no morph ball and some super energy. No thanks, Dark Samus is cool and all. But..it would be too much of a clone.

No on Nook and Popo. I'm not sure they are cut out for Brawl.

Also Star Fox needs to added, Star Fox is a villain from the Star Series haven't had him in either games. Throw him in there.

A HELL NO on Sora. First off the fanpeople, second he is the creation of Dinsey and Sqaure. NO. I wouldn't evem want him even being a trophy keep him out of Brawl. He really just stinks, emotional kid, the game is horrible. All three of them are a joke. Keep him out of Brawl.

And no on Mii, This is not Soul Calibur 3 don't not make it into this.

Oh you can keep either Marth or Roy doesn't matter.

Game and Watch can stay, and so can IC's. Doesn't matter because Pit never got a sequel either. So there.
See what happens when you post without having your facts straight? You embarass yourself.

1) As I said, Baby Bowser deserves to be put in, not only because of his importance in recent Mario games but because he would have a unique moveset - unlike Toad. And Geno is on my list.

2) You think they'd have to redo the entire game to put in one character with a different art style? Have you, by any chance, heard of a character named "Mr. Game & Watch"?

3) Since you stated that Twilight Princess wasn't a great game, you've obviously revealed yourself to be a raving lunatic on whom logic has no effect. Midna is awesome. Let's leave it at that.

4) You like the old Pokemon games but hate the new one's? Have they even changed at all over the years?

5) You see those things between the pretty pictures on my list? They're called words. Feel free to read them. I clearly stated that I thought Dark Samus would be a clone, making him more likely to be included in Brawl due to the ease with which he could be programed.

6) Nook deserves to be in as the rep for Animal Crossing. And I beleive the other name your thinking of is "Poo."

7) Starfox is the villain in his own game? I guess I really should get my facts straight.

8) Just becasue you hate him doesn't mean Sora won't be included.

9) Having Miis in Brawl won't make is Soul Calibur 3. It will make it more fun.

10) Forget it. It's not worth it.

I

i8waffles612

Yea.... I would LOVE to see Sora in Brawl!!! Also, it would make it a LOT more fun if you can play as your Mii. Like you can choose their movesets, clothing and everything....

oh and WiseGuy, great job on it...9.5/10... Lol the reason I said 9.5 is becasue you said some very good points on why roy and marth wouldnt return and that made me sad=( cause i love them!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Yea.... I would LOVE to see Sora in Brawl!!! Also, it would make it a LOT more fun if you can play as your Mii. Like you can choose their movesets, clothing and everything....

oh and WiseGuy, great job on it...9.5/10... Lol the reason I said 9.5 is becasue you said some very good points on why roy and marth wouldnt return and that made me sad=( cause i love them!
Glad to here someone is happy I put Sora on my list. A lot of people seem hostile to the very idea, for some reason.

Yeah, Marth and Roy are great charcaters , but there are plenty of equally awesome Fire Emblem reps who deserve to take their place in my view.

Thanks for the positive review.

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
Yes, because it makes total sense to add Marth's kingdom as a stage then cut him.

PS: He says "Everyone, look at me!" is his taunt (or something in the way of it)
which stage shown is Marth's? There is an anime called fire emblem i watched it on YOUTUBE if ur interested search FIRE EMBLEM OVA on youtube there are like 10 i think. its not too bad. Except hes called Mars(weird..i think thats the direct translation but marth sounded cooler :) )

and i thought he said "Hey guys, check this out!" as his taunt (which would fall in the category of "something in the way of it" lol)

KingFeeF

Smash Apprentice
honeslty who cares if sora or nook or poo is in the game..no one sed ur gonna be forced to main them..or even try them out at that...i jus REALLY dnt wanna see any characters removed...the thought alone is pissin me off...y the *** wud u take characters out???!!!..

any way...if any1 cares...the people i think shud be in brawl in the order of importance

Diddy Kong
Ridley
King Dedede
King K.Rool
Samurai Goroh
Krystal

otha then tho's i cud care less whos in...the more the merrier(howeva u spell it)..more ppl can only make the game more fun

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I pretty much agree with most of you,except I think Mewtwo will stay,Meowth might get in,Wolf might end up replacing Falco,and I would have added a few more characters:Toad,Paper Mario,ROB,Ballon Fighter,and some others. Good job,overall.

I

i8waffles612

honeslty who cares if sora or nook or poo is in the game..no one sed ur gonna be forced to main them..or even try them out at that...i jus REALLY dnt wanna see any characters removed...the thought alone is pissin me off...y the *** wud u take characters out???!!!..

any way...if any1 cares...the people i think shud be in brawl in the order of importance

Diddy Kong
Ridley
King Dedede
King K.Rool
Samurai Goroh
Krystal

otha then tho's i cud care less whos in...the more the merrier(howeva u spell it)..more ppl can only make the game more fun
Are you serious...why shouldnt they remove characters??... There are more characters who deserve a spot in Brawl... Pichu, why would need him, he is a clone of Pikachu.... and plus the fact he does damage to himself everytime he does a B move.... You tell me why you wouldnt want anyone to get cut???

Glad to here someone is happy I put Sora on my list. A lot of people seem hostile to the very idea, for some reason.

Yeah, Marth and Roy are great charcaters , but there are plenty of equally awesome Fire Emblem reps who deserve to take their place in my view.

Thanks for the positive review.
Your welcome. And yeah you are right... Its just that they are 2/5 favorite characters and I play with them often and the thought of just like them not being an option to play with anymore is just UGH lol

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Minda either form is too new and the game wasn't all that great.

1) BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

2) Fox is in both games. In fact he's top tier in melee. I think you mean Wolf and yeah, Wise guy, you need him on there BADLY.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wow, that's one in-depth analysis. Where to begin?

Diddy: You're not getting off that easily. Why are you opposed to a fun and unique Diddy moveset? You're not one of those "Diddy/Dixie tagteam" advocates are you?

K.Rool: I'm not a fan either. He was a last minute addition when I realized that the DK series wasn't being fairly represented on my list. Still, he could prove to be a fun chrcater.

Goroh: Yeah, F-zero stories aren't that great (aside from their unintentionally hilarious stupidity) the series still has its dedicated fans that should not be short changed. And what's wrong with Goroh? He's awesome, in an eighties-rockstar-on-steriods kind of way.

Olimar: What's the matter? Is he too insignificant to even mention? FOR SHAME Mendez.
Whoopsie-daisy, must've er, missed that one. I love me some Pikmin, and I can't not see Nintendo's only truly new franchise in years be present in the game.

No, I just hate most every Rare-created Kong...basically because of DK64. I'm fine with Diddy, but I don't want the "Diddy-from-a-90s-family-movie" Diddy, if you know what I mean. They gave DK original moves, intentionally straying from all things 64 (the only element from the game, the DK rap, is loathed by all who hear it's grating melody) so why not Diddy?

And I just don't like the F-ZERO characters. None of them have any real character, and frankly, I was surprised to see Falcon in the first Smash, let alone the sequel. I'd much rather see Goroh left out (or shift into clonedom), and given his time to another character that you missed...like, I don't know...Wolf O'Donnel someone from Advance Wars?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I pretty much agree with most of you,except I think Mewtwo will stay,Meowth might get in,Wolf might end up replacing Falco,and I would have added a few more characters:Toad,Paper Mario,ROB,Ballon Fighter,and some others. Good job,overall.
1) BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

2) Fox is in both games. In fact he's top tier in melee. I think you mean Wolf and yeah, Wise guy, you need him on there BADLY.
The problem with including Wolf is that I didn't feel that the Starfox series deserved more than three representatives. With Fox confirmed and Krystal a strong contender, it came down to either Falco or Wolf. Personally, I consider Falco to be more important to the series (he was in every Starfox game to date) and Wolf could, at best, replace Falco as Fox's clone. I rather like the charcater, but I just don't think his chances are great.

Whoopsie-daisy, must've er, missed that one. I love me some Pikmin, and I can't not see Nintendo's only truly new franchise in years be present in the game.

No, I just hate most every Rare-created Kong...basically because of DK64. I'm fine with Diddy, but I don't want the "Diddy-from-a-90s-family-movie" Diddy, if you know what I mean. They gave DK original moves, intentionally straying from all things 64 (the only element from the game, the DK rap, is loathed by all who hear it's grating melody) so why not Diddy?

And I just don't like the F-ZERO characters. None of them have any real character, and frankly, I was surprised to see Falcon in the first Smash, let alone the sequel. I'd much rather see Goroh left out (or shift into clonedom), and given his time to another character that you missed...like, I don't know...Wolf O'Donnel someone from Advance Wars?
Well, like it or not, Diddy was created by Rare and most of the games he has stared in have been made by Rare. Your point on Donkey Kong is valid, but I'm hoping for a more unique moveset. At the very least, he should have his jetpack as a triple jump.

I couldn't agree more about the DK rap. Its the only song known to man that actually sounds like vomit.

Although I still want Goroh to appear, I agree that his only chance of appearing is as Falcon's clone. I also disagree about the Advance Wars deserving to have a represantative. Its like Fire Emblem, but without the interesting charcaters. Don't get me wrong, I resepct the series (particularily the Battaleon Wars spinoff) but would throwing Andy in the game and giving him a wrench to wack enemies with really add anything to Brawl or do justice to Advance Wars? I think not.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If all it takes to get in Brawl is to star in your own Micro Game, then we can likely expect several thousand playable characters. Hooray!
The point was that Nintendo isn't letting go of G&W, and let's not forget G&W's importance of keeping Nintendo afloat during the 80's, before and after Donkey Kong (not so much the Game Boy era, created by Gunpei Yokoi, the creator of the Game and Watch no less)

From what I understand, that comilation had a very limited release. When I can buy it at my local Wal-Mart, then we'll talk.
That wasn't the ONLY compilation released, just the MOST RECENT. go to gamestop and buy Game and Watch Gallery, Game and Watch Gallery 2, Game and Watch Gallery 3 or Game and Watch Gallery 4. Or just play Warioware, whichever floats your boat.

As Chief Mendez said, we don't know yet what game that map was from. I'm still suspect its from Path of Radiance.

All screenshots taken from screenshots of the Trailer. The flag has the Dark Dragon on it, which is the seal of the Mideus army, who serve under Medeus, the Dark Dragon King. The stage shows a battle being fought around, with catapults and all. Sounds strangley like like events in Fire Emblems 1 & 3. Also, Akenia was a supposed to be a stage in SSBM but was cut out due to time constraints, but is still in the debug menu. Of course, it all could be coincidence.

Really? That's what he says? Well, now that I know I have no regrets about cutting him. Thanks.
You might not, but Marth is basically the most requested character to come back on a world-wide scale. IMO, tone him down ALOT, and make put him in the starting roster along with G&W

PS: Double Posting is a NO!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The point was that Nintendo isn't letting go of G&W, and let's not forget G&W's importance of keeping Nintendo afloat during the 80's, before and after Donkey Kong (not so much the Game Boy era, created by Gunpei Yokoi, the creator of the Game and Watch no less)

That wasn't the ONLY compilation released, just the MOST RECENT. go to gamestop and buy Game and Watch Gallery, Game and Watch Gallery 2, Game and Watch Gallery 3 or Game and Watch Gallery 4. Or just play Warioware, whichever floats your boat.

All screenshots taken from screenshots of the Trailer. The flag has the Dark Dragon on it, which is the seal of the Mideus army, who serve under Medeus, the Dark Dragon King. The stage shows a battle being fought around, with catapults and all. Sounds strangley like like events in Fire Emblems 1 & 3. Also, Akenia was a supposed to be a stage in SSBM but was cut out due to time constraints, but is still in the debug menu. Of course, it all could be coincidence.

You might not, but Marth is basically the most requested character to come back on a world-wide scale. IMO, tone him down ALOT, and make put him in the starting roster along with G&W

PS: Double Posting is a NO!
Sorry about the double post. My bad.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Game & Watch Galleries 1-4 released way back on the Game Boy Colour? And weren't they comilations of the old Game & Watch games rather than new additions to the series? If that's the case, then its hardly what I would call a revival of the series.

As awesome as Mr. Game & Watch is , he's still to obscure to warant a return appearance in Brawl. His appearance in Melee was a fair tribute to the charcater. With other obscure charcaters (like Geno) still waiting to make an appearance, I think having G&W taking up a spot on the Brawl roster is unjustifiable. We'll just have to wait until Sakurai reveals more of his final roster to see which one of us is right.

As for the Fire Emblem map, I have to confess that I've never played any of the Japanese Fire Emblems, so I don't know whether you are right about the dragon symbol or not. The symbol is slightly different from Daein flag in Path of Radiance to be sure, but they are just similar enough that I can't be certain that its not an updated version from GoD or Sakurai taking a little creative licence. There are scenes in PoR that are extremely similar to one in the trailer (ie: castle under seige, area with green forests, etc.).

You seem awfully convinced that the symbol is from Marth's game. If you could provide me with the in game symbol to which you are referring, and it is identical to the symbol from the trailer, I will edit my roster to include Marth. (*Cringes at the thought*)

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Err sorry for my posts. I got up at like 5 in the morning. Anyways here is the problem using Cell-shaded Link. First off it's not easy using a cell-shaded character into something more realistic looking. I mean Cell-shaded Link looks more cartoonist than either any of the characters. Second he wouldn't really fit in the game, he would be all like distorted or something. The reason why Game and Watch was easier because they took the 2-D frame of him and added 3-D elements. That was probably sort of easier than per say using a cell-shaded character and then suddenly adding more realistic properties.

What I am trying to say is this. If someone or someway Cell-Shaded Link were to make it in then how will he look? You can't do Cell-Shaded and then suddenly use Pit or Mario against him. It will look too random and possibly cause headaches. Cell-Shaded game characters are really hard to transition to someone like Pit. (Using an example) It simply wouldn't work because maybe it would conflict the game will flow. Using Young Link makes more sense, you could do a version of a Twilight Young Link or even use the Majora Young Link. But the Cell-Shaded Link would be a bit too random don't you think so? I mean how you like it to see that Link is nice a graphically updated and suddenly seeing a cartoon version of that same character?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
If you've ever beaten Okami on the PS2 (why haven't you?), you know there's no problem with realistic models in a cel-shaded world, or (I would imagine) vice versa. There aren't any impassable barriers in making him cel-shaded, and putting him in.

Plus, alot of people like the cartoon version (It's personally my favorite Link), and he represents all the handheld Zelda's since Four Swords.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
You seem awfully convinced that the symbol is from Marth's game. If you could provide me with the in game symbol to which you are referring, and it is identical to the symbol from the trailer, I will edit my roster to include Marth. (*Cringes at the thought*)
We can't rule out the possibility is all I'm saying. For all we know, they Mideus could return in the Fire Emblem for the Wii, and they are advertising for Fire emblem Wii. Or a brand new DS FE. Altough unlikely, they are possibilities. There are no gaurantees for us to know which characters are cut and for what reasons is the main point I'm trying to get across, I guess.

I'm 85% sure that Marth will make it in. 10% goes to him being changed to a more current lord with a near-idential moveset for Western audiences (Like Marth would stay in the Japanese version, but be replaced in the US/PAL release with Ike). 5% goes to him being replaced entirely.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Err sorry for my posts. I got up at like 5 in the morning. Anyways here is the problem using Cell-shaded Link. First off it's not easy using a cell-shaded character into something more realistic looking. I mean Cell-shaded Link looks more cartoonist than either any of the characters. Second he wouldn't really fit in the game, he would be all like distorted or something. The reason why Game and Watch was easier because they took the 2-D frame of him and added 3-D elements. That was probably sort of easier than per say using a cell-shaded character and then suddenly adding more realistic properties.

What I am trying to say is this. If someone or someway Cell-Shaded Link were to make it in then how will he look? You can't do Cell-Shaded and then suddenly use Pit or Mario against him. It will look too random and possibly cause headaches. Cell-Shaded game characters are really hard to transition to someone like Pit. (Using an example) It simply wouldn't work because maybe it would conflict the game will flow. Using Young Link makes more sense, you could do a version of a Twilight Young Link or even use the Majora Young Link. But the Cell-Shaded Link would be a bit too random don't you think so? I mean how you like it to see that Link is nice a graphically updated and suddenly seeing a cartoon version of that same character?
There are already a variey of charcater styles in Brawl. Kirby and Mario are still cartoony in appearance, Pit is obviously anime' inspired and charcaters like Snake and Link are more realistic. Having a little variety in our Brawl roster won't induce headaches, it will make it more unique and appeal to a wider variety of gamers. You may not like WW link, but as the star of Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass he is far more deserving than the Link from Majora's mask.

****! Those character predictions were accurate and on point cuz. The only thing I disagreed with was Captain Olimar.

Note: not subing "s" for "$" till I get paid Monday.
Did you hear that? Somewhere, a puppy just died.

I'm glad you liked my roster but how can you disagree with Captian Olimar?! Are you against characters with unique movesets?

Edit: Sorry, hemightbegiant, but while I was writing my response, you posted yours. I'd like to respond to your argument but that would be double posting. We wouldn't want that would we?

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
If you've ever beaten Okami on the PS2 (why haven't you?), you know there's no problem with realistic models in a cel-shaded world, or (I would imagine) vice versa. There aren't any impassable barriers in making him cel-shaded, and putting him in.

Plus, alot of people like the cartoon version (It's personally my favorite Link), and he represents all the handheld Zelda's since Four Swords.

I have Okami beautiful game. I dunno, it would look kind if odd IMO. I guess we will have to wait and see. I wouldn't mind having a cell-shaded world after this Link. But Young Link needs some love too, I mean you played as Young Link in Link's Awakening, OoT, Majora, Oracale Ages and Seasons and possibly Both NES versions of Legend of Zelda. Nintendo has not confirmed if those Links were either Adult or Young. Including Link to the Past.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Well, like it or not, Diddy was created by Rare and most of the games he has stared in have been made by Rare. Your point on Donkey Kong is valid, but I'm hoping for a more unique moveset. At the very least, he should have his jetpack as a triple jump.

I couldn't agree more about the DK rap. Its the only song known to man that actually sounds like vomit.

Although I still want Goroh to appear, I agree that his only chance of appearing is as Falcon's clone. I also disagree about the Advance Wars deserving to have a represantative. Its like Fire Emblem, but without the interesting charcaters. Don't get me wrong, I resepct the series (particularily the Battaleon Wars spinoff) but would throwing Andy in the game and giving him a wrench to wack enemies with really add anything to Brawl or do justice to Advance Wars? I think not.
Wolf may not be likely, but he had an awesome theme song in SF Assault. He should be included in some capacity just because of that.

...I think I could live with a barrel-pack, but I really don't want to see Diddy playing an electric guitar, and sniping opponents with wooden pistols. It's simply never seemed right to me. Plus, I've wholeheartedly accepted the character of DK from Jungle Beat; the stubborn kong who doesn't take "no" for an answer. It's what he was in the beginning, and it's what he should always be, which extends to his sidekicks. I'm not saying Diddy needs to be like that, but he shouldn't be as personified as he was in most of the Rare games.

Did I say Andy? If we got any AW character, it had better be Jake (basically the coolest CO ever invented), or one of the neat Black Hole COs, like Hawk or Lash. Granted, the games aren't as intricate as FE when it comes to plot, but the characters are still very fleshed out and likeable. Then just give Sakurai free reign over most of the moves, but have some based off of whatever character's CO and Super CO Power.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
My own list (not including the already completely confirmed characters) would be

Yoshi - of course, while he is not 100% confirmed, im stating him for the obvious reasons.

Falco - i cannot see them really getting rid of a starfox character. judging on past experience i would expect to see him somewhat uncloneified.
Probability of inclusion 85-95%

of all the pokemon they put in here, i can see them getting rid of all but the original 2, and possibly replacing them with more recent ones. (not what i think i would like, but what i think is most likely)

Younk Link was in SSBM, but i can see there being a *chance* of scrapping him for more original characters (yeah he wasnt that much of a clone, but he wasnt that original)
Probability of return - 70-75%

Marth and Roy - I think marth has a pretty good chance of sticking, regardless of the stage with a flag being his or not. He was popular considering many of us who play smash may not have ever heard of him before.
Probability of return - 85%
Roy however, was almost purely a clone with altered stats (generally higher power, slower, like gannondorf). To me the most likely result will be his removal for other FE characters (thinking 2, bringin the number of FE chars up to 3). i give him a 25% chance of coming back,

Replacements possible for roy - Ike (65-75% chance of being in i would say, fairly popular and is more recognizable for people who havent played the Japan fire emblem games) The Black Knight was also a fairly popular suggestion (i would say hes got a 60% chance of being in, if Ike is included, otherwise not freakin likely) I have also heard other suggestions, from other FE games, (i havent played the japan only ones myself, but i think that there would still be a fairly good chance 70% for one of them to be included). My personal favorite to be in, after Ike, would be Soren, (a mage) if in part because of his attitude. I don't really think thats likely however, i say 25% chance soren could be in, or less.

Doctor mario - 30% chance of returning, or less. Unless he is remade to be original, i cant see him in the game.

Bowser - 95+% chance to be in. he may or may not have been amazingly popular in SSBM, but i just cannot see him being dropped for somebody else.

Captain Falcon - 95+% has been in all SSB to date, no reason to remove now.

Gannondorf - 85%. I doubt they would remove such a knbown villain of the legned of zelda series. I do however think he would be given his TP model, and attacks based much more off the boss fight in TP. Some attacks likely to be using his cool lookin sword.

Zelda - 95+% Highly doubt she would be removed, but i can see sheik maybe being removed or at least weakened and having zelda remodelled to be a more useable character on her own.

Peach - 95+% Probably wont be taken out, but needs to be fixed. Right now she just isnt balanced. (i call her being completely useless weak, but other people say she is ridiculously overpowered, so i dont want to cause arguments)

Ice Climbers - 65%. I can see them staying, and i can easily see them leaving too. before you start saying one way or the other, consider that not all of the SSBM characters are coming back, and no matter who is out, somebody is going to be unhappy. i personally like playing ice climbers, one of my better chars, but i dont think they are really that popular and there are other series that need the representation more.

Game and watch - as many opinions as there are people. i have no idea what to rate him beecause he is such a major part of the history, and i am trying not to let me own biases colour this character too much. your opinions of his return are as good as any.

Ness - 95% Original 12, no reason to remove. inclusion of somebody else from earthbound possible, but not that likely.

ALRIGHT. SOrry guys i gotta get off this computer i will come back and finish this post later. (it is most certainly not finished, i havent covered any of the possible newcomers that i think are likely)

Fawriel

Smash Master
You may not like WW link, but as the star of Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass he is far more deserving than the Link from Majora's mask.
Now this part didn't really make sense... you're saying that he's more deserving because he starred/is going to star in two games?
The Majora's Mask Link is the same one from Ocarina of Time, you know. And it also seems like that one is the very first of the Links.
But I'm mostly nit-picking now, since that Link got one, or two, or in a way even three appearances in SSB already.
I wouldn't even mind a Link from an even older game like Link's Awakening... hehe... but at the heart, they're all the same anyway. ^^

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I have Okami beautiful game. I dunno, it would look kind if odd IMO. I guess we will have to wait and see. I wouldn't mind having a cell-shaded world after this Link. But Young Link needs some love too, I mean you played as Young Link in Link's Awakening, OoT, Majora, Oracale Ages and Seasons and possibly Both NES versions of Legend of Zelda. Nintendo has not confirmed if those Links were either Adult or Young. Including Link to the Past.
We only played as "the Young Link" in Ocarina. Yeah, those other ones are technically "young", but...that argument just doesn't hold water.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Now this part didn't really make sense... you're saying that he's more deserving because he starred/is going to star in two games?
The Majora's Mask Link is the same one from Ocarina of Time, you know. And it also seems like that one is the very first of the Links.
But I'm mostly nit-picking now, since that Link got one, or two, or in a way even three appearances in SSB already.
I wouldn't even mind a Link from an even older game like Link's Awakening... hehe... but at the heart, they're all the same anyway. ^^
No, I'm saying he's going to get in beacuse he's stared in two of the more recent Zelda games.

And you're right, most of the Links are the same ... except for WW link. He has a unique look and personality that contrasts nicely with TP link.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Wiseguy
5) Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr. is lame.

Wiseguy
5) Midna (Twili form)
Why would you think they would add that Midna over the form Midna takes through out the entire game? That would be like if they added just Zero-Suit Samus, & regular Samus wasn't even in the game.

Wiseguy
their appearances and fighting styles are too similar to justify putting them both in the same game.
Yeah, it's not like they've done that before...

Wiseguy
Ike’s moveset will be similar to Marth’s except he will be slightly slower, use horizontal rather than vertical slices and have a ranged sword attack.
Why would they have to make him slower then Marth if he was replacing Marth. There's no reason to make him different from Marth if they aren't even going to have Marth in the game.

Wiseguy
2) Samurai Goroh
F-Zero isn't even that popular of a game. Why do we need more people from it?

Wiseguy
2) Poo
I don't know anything about that guy, but I don't like him.

Wiseguy
5) Sora:
Has Sora ever been on a Nintendo console?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Bowser Jr. is lame.

Why would you think they would add that Midna over the form Midna takes through out the entire game? That would be like if they added just Zero-Suit Samus, & regular Samus wasn't even in the game.

Yeah, it's not like they've done that before...

Why would they have to make him slower then Marth if he was replacing Marth. There's no reason to make him different from Marth if they aren't even going to have Marth in the game.

F-Zero isn't even that popular of a game. Why do we need more people from it?

I don't know anything about that guy, but I don't like him.

Has Sora ever been on a Nintendo console?
1) It doesn't matter how you feel about Bowser Jr. He's the second most prominent villian in the Mario series and a sure bet to appear in Brawl.

2) Because Twili Midna would take less time to program if she were a Zelda clone. Sakurai may not have the luxery of designing all new movesets and still finish the game in time for our grandchildren to play it.

3) In cases where two charcaters have similar fighting styles, one has always been a clone of the other. Marth and Ike have similar fighting styles, but they are just different enough that they couldn't be clones.

4) Because:

A. Marth's moves are way too cheap and

B. Because that Ike fought with the fighting style and moves I describes in his game: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

5) Shut up. That's why.

6) That's a shame. Poo loves you.

7) Yes, he starred in the GBA game Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memories.

KingFeeF

Smash Apprentice
No, I'm saying he's going to get in beacuse he's stared in two of the more recent Zelda games.

And you're right, most of the Links are the same ... except for WW link. He has a unique look and personality that contrasts nicely with TP link.
Last time i checked "WW link" isnt link at all

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I can agree (or allow myself to live through) with most of them, but cutting both Marth and Roy would make me very, very upset. Marth is a staple of Smash: the only fast footed, up close and personal swordsman in the game. While I never used them, the IC's were unique characters, and I value them for that; and Mewtwo, however bad, is still one of the more popular Pokemon (not that I really care). Finally, I think if Midna makes the game, she should be predominantly in her Imp form, but we need not start that crap here.

By the way, Simon Belmont all the way.

Top Bottom