• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

dmbrandon

Smash Master
maybe you should consider home run contest and cruel melee records as well
Thread over.

Back to business.

Ninjaedit: I love how Hero makes posts in every thread about nothing, then adds hot and amazingness at the end to keep some kind of depth. ^_^

Btw hero, remember... Your popo is jesus

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well...what the heck else could be used?

And people teaming with super pros and placing high due to it can be taken into account; nobody cares if you get top 3 in teams every time with M2K. But, in the cases of me and LK, we've had top 3 every tourny but one while just teaming with each other. >_>;

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Magus, Atomsk, doyoung
i think these are the only big tornament ones now

and thanks for acknowledgeing me lol

woz delete the first

Name: Atomsk_92
County: Middlesex
City: Plainsboro, NJ
Contact Info: AIM: twistedtrevor
College: i'm 15 lol
Crew: THP

JFox

Smash Hero
Inui you are missing the point. Using teams makes the rankings even more subjective than it is. Subjective=bad. Subjectivity is why arguing happens. People can go on and on about how they think someone is better than another, but as soon as you have results to throw at them, they can't do anything but shut up until they do better in tournament.

In teams, ya can't do this. You have people that don't play teams. You have people that do well in teams cuz their teammate is good. You have people that are well because they are very experienced teams partners, but they only do that well when they are together, and do more poorly with other people.

The only thing you could ever do with teams is make a power ranking for a whole team. For example: taj & forward, kdj & marcus, ken & isai, wes & pc, etc. This is because you can actually use teams results.

Trying to mix the two has never, and will never happen. It is an absurd idea. I'm surprised that you aren't intelligent enough to see the flaw in your logic. Teams was never used in power rankings, tier lists, or whatever. Its just illogical to do so.

Also, no one is very interested if you are the number one teams player in the state, they are always interested, and will assume that a power ranking is ONLY based on singles.

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
Rules for videos:

1. Streaming only videos!
2. A maximum of 2 videos from the same two people. *
3. A maximum of 5 videos from any one person. *
4. Singles only videos. (NJ Tournament Pro Doubles are an exception)
5. You must be on the player finder to have your video on the NJ Finder.
6. You must include player names, the player's characters, and a link to your video.

*Video Threads are acceptable, and can exceed video limits.

Although this isn't an official rule, please try to keep the videos at a high level of play. If you found the video uninteresting to watch, so will your viewers. For the sake of space, try not to post just for the sake having a video on the finder.

Also remember, we are still encouraging you to post your crew videos! This will allow people who are perhaps interested in your crew to be able to gauge your skill. Please label your crew video applicably.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Name: Sneak
County: Union County
City: Linden
Contact Info: AIM/AOL: sneak8288
College: William Paterson University
Additional Info- SSB, Tekken 5, Tetris DS
Crew: The Smash Affiliates

JFox

Smash Hero
Guys I just want to let all of you know how proud I am of the recent activity in the player finder. You have been keepin us busy with the updates, but were are more than happy to do them. Keep em coming.

I expect anyone who is in a crew or that considers themselves a serious part of the community to be on the player finder.

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
Hey this is Turnip from Bayonne, Hudson County, i'm already on the player list but i wanted to add my sns.....seeing as how i originally forgot... they are Barca2000 and ITrnpI

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Name: Keitaro
County: Middlesex County
City: Piscataway, NJ
Contact Info: AIM: Rurounikeitarou
College: Middlesex County College
Crew: none

I saw some that said previous tourney attendance so: Smashtality 2, Tristate Gaming tourney, TSA Biweeklies.

DrSuperSteve

Smash Cadet
Name: Snap
County: Sussex County
Town: Vernon
AIM: DrSuperSteve
College: Sacred Heart University, CT

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
no i do its just i don't go to many tornaments

btw who the **** calls someone weaksause?

Eggm

Smash Hero
I vote for treble in hbk's spot or bass, In fact bass actually beat him at one of the biweeklies once in tourny, but I dunno apparently you have to be around for like 80 months to move around on that list at all.

Magus420

Smash Master
I vote for treble in hbk's spot or bass, In fact bass actually beat him at one of the biweeklies once in tourny, but I dunno apparently you have to be around for like 80 months to move around on that list at all.
Dude, you do realize that's still essentially the original list just with Zang taken off right? N-O-B-O-D-Y has moved around on the list because there hasn't been an actual update. For a new updated list where people have moved around it would probably require, you know, like an update or something perhaps.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Treble is most likely going to be added if he competes in the next biweekly and just gets at least above 9th or beats some good people. NJ'zFinest is also in the same boat.

Don't worry about it, Eggm.

JFox

Smash Hero
Its obvious that there are more than 15 acive players in the state. Rather than squabling over who gets the top 15 spots, why don't you just extend it to at leat 20?

The purpose shouldn't be to keep the list exclusive. It should be to rank as many NJ players as possible.

Note: This comment has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with me trying to get on the rankings list. Literally, being on that list does nothing for me. It just doesn't make sense in my mind why at this point its still only ranked to 15 spots when we know NJ is more active than that.

(Besides, Inui already makes it clear than everyone in his crew is by default better than everyone not on this list lol)

pockyD

Smash Legend
Its obvious that there are more than 15 acive players in the state. Rather than squabling over who gets the top 15 spots, why don't you just extend it to at leat 20?

The purpose shouldn't be to keep the list exclusive. It should be to rank as many NJ players as possible.

Note: This comment has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with me trying to get on the rankings list. Literally, being on that list does nothing for me. It just doesn't make sense in my mind why at this point its still only ranked to 15 spots when we know NJ is more active than that.

(Besides, Inui already makes it clear than everyone in his crew is by default better than everyone not on this list lol)
problem is the lower the rankings, the more inaccuracies

just look at the tier list for example; while people obviously have their issues with it, almost everyone will agree the top half is significantly more accurate than the bottom half simply because there are more results to back it up

ranking the bottom half of a state is ridiculously inaccurate and therefore shouldn't be undertaken

JFox

Smash Hero
problem is the lower the rankings, the more inaccuracies

just look at the tier list for example; while people obviously have their issues with it, almost everyone will agree the top half is significantly more accurate than the bottom half simply because there are more results to back it up

ranking the bottom half of a state is ridiculously inaccurate and therefore shouldn't be undertaken
This is good logic. However, I'm not saying they should be ranked now. I'm saying after a few bi-weeklies, people will have more touney results, and we will have more results to base this off of.

NJz finest, I don't think anyone besides THP has really played you...ever. You should definitely try to make it to the bi-weekly so we can play. :)

Edit: BTW, I hear you have a pretty sick Y.Link. Just for funzies wanna do a $1 MM Ylink ditto, random stages only, best of three?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Let's see, outside of THP....out of the people I played...EVER? Joker, Comp, Mow, Ninja, Dav3, Bum, Wes, DireVulcan, DJNintendo, that Marth guy in Killa Fleet, Zang, NEO, TheCape, UndrDog, Jasona, Sneak, WoZ, Ryoko, Copycat, Zeus15king, Ky, Sol, Finest, Lunch King, Kubuu, Kirbstir, G-reg, KillaOR, and those random people who show up at tourneys :p I mean, sure, I'm not an active player, but I played SOME people since I started >:O

And yeah, about YL. I remember you talking to me about YL since you were like "I'm the only kid Link in NJ" and I was like "nah pimp, I play that little ***** too". That was a long time ago though, I play man Link now >_> I'll still do the MM though.

Top Bottom