• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Bad news, guys: Krabs isn't placed with the SpongeBob characters on the CSS (found this on le Twitter, update isn't done for me yet)
That's weird. Last game they literally moved Zim's placement on the CSS just so that Lincoln and Lucy would be together.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Spread the word.
Looks like it's not free on Switch. And considering how poorly optimized the Switch port was, I wouldn't blame them.

FazDude

Smash Master
Bad news, guys: Krabs isn't placed with the SpongeBob characters on the CSS (found this on le Twitter, update isn't done for me yet)
literally smash ultimate
Always looking for that silver lining, aren’t ya?

Anyways, dunno if this was pointed out yet but Krabs being released on the 15th has to be on purpose.

That, or Annoy Squidward Day (official sources have claimed it's either in January or February).

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Good god I hope they change that. It was alright for Ultimate since everyone was out of whack but that **** annoyed me in Smash 4 with the clones and DLC characters and it annoys me here too, please put him with the rest of the cast of his show

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
DAY 15, GIVE IT UP FER DAY 15

Anyway, Krabs is great. His moveset's full of funny and specific references without feeling hamfisted like Squidward's ("FORGET THE BOOK!"). That money bag in particular seems like a really fun way to control space, and I love how the level system affects his movement and specials. I think they adapted Mr. Krabs into a platform fighter in about the best way they could have. Great justice done to one of my most wanted characters.

The one complaint I have with this patch is that they managed to break Zim AGAIN. You can't throw GIR with light attack anymore, only the grab button. This actually happened in the patch before Krabs, and it wasn't even documented until Monday since evidently, nobody plays this character. I hope they can get a fix out for it soon, but it also took two months for Garfield's infinite sugar rush to be patched out and that was a bug that got a character banned, so I'm not optimistic there. Guess I main Mr. Krabs now.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
So who is going to be the next DLC released from this first wave? My money's on Zuko
I think it's probably gonna be Rocksteady since he seemed the most finished from the datamines. Also wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to bring in Zuko next considering he and Krabs are the two generally considered "good" picks of the pass, and people are a lot more mixed on Iroh and downright hate Rocksteady.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Manage to beat The Flying Dutchman today, i also bought the season pass two days ago but forget to download it?

It didn't give me Mr. Krabs automatically.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think it's probably gonna be Rocksteady since he seemed the most finished from the datamines. Also wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to bring in Zuko next considering he and Krabs are the two generally considered "good" picks of the pass, and people are a lot more mixed on Iroh and downright hate Rocksteady.
Zuko being saved for last for wave 1 would make the most sense here.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I feel like Zuko being next make sense simply because this was the order they where first announced.

Also I feel like they won't want Zuko and Iroh be next to each other because the main criticism of the pass was the fact that they double dip on the same franchise and used two fire bender, so I think having Zuko next, then Rocksteady and Iroh to end things make more sense.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I’ve considered the possibility that Iroh and Zuko could come out at the same time. I don’t know if that’s feasible but it might lessen the whole “two firebenders from the same show” complaint if they rip the bandaid off on both of them at once.
Well I suppose the burning from the complaints could be reduced with a dose of a water bender

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The one complaint I have with this patch is that they managed to break Zim AGAIN. You can't throw GIR with light attack anymore, only the grab button. This actually happened in the patch before Krabs, and it wasn't even documented until Monday since evidently, nobody plays this character. I hope they can get a fix out for it soon, but it also took two months for Garfield's infinite sugar rush to be patched out and that was a bug that got a character banned, so I'm not optimistic there. Guess I main Mr. Krabs now.
Update: It gets worse. According to multiple people on the Discord, trying to throw GIR on any of the console versions straight-up crashes the game now. It doesn't happen on PC, weirdly enough, but you still can't throw him with light attack. They REALLY don't want people playing this character, huh?

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Update: It gets worse. According to multiple people on the Discord, trying to throw GIR on the Switch or Xbox version straight-up crashes the game now. This might extend to PlayStation as well, I just know it doesn't happen on PC and you still can't throw him with light attack. They REALLY don't want people playing this character, huh?
I can't speak for the Playstation and Xbox versions, but I just did some tests with the Switch version, and from what I can tell, Zim can still pick up and throw GIR with the light attack button...but yeah, everytime I've tried throwing him, it crashed the game. I REALLY hope they fix that because that's a pretty massive "Oops".

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Update: It gets worse. According to multiple people on the Discord, trying to throw GIR on any of the console versions straight-up crashes the game now. It doesn't happen on PC, weirdly enough, but you still can't throw him with light attack. They REALLY don't want people playing this character, huh?
I can't speak for the Playstation and Xbox versions, but I just did some tests with the Switch version, and from what I can tell, Zim can still pick up and throw GIR with the light attack button...but yeah, everytime I've tried throwing him, it crashed the game. I REALLY hope they fix that because that's a pretty massive "Oops".
Ugh, on the free trial weekend, too. That's embarrassing.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It's been two days, I think this'll be alright.

How we liking Mr. Krabs so far?
I haven't quite gotten the hang of him yet, he's got this weird thing where he feels weak when I'm playing as him but I struggle when playing against (a cpu of) him.
Wondering how he'll do competitively. Has anyone used him yet?

CrashBandicootFan1

Smash Cadet

I haven't quite gotten the hang of him yet, he's got this weird thing where he feels weak when I'm playing as him but I struggle when playing against (a cpu of) him.

I like him

Apart from the issue where He attacks and it flashes a bright white light hoping that gets fixed in a Patch

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yeah, there's a few potential seizure triggers in the Switch version. Shocking that the Dutchman graphical glitches haven't been fixed yet (also Rocko's modern loin, but I don't think that one is fast enough to casue seizures).

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yeah, they really need to fix this, someone could have a seizure attack from it. That's how bad it is.

The issue seems to be whenever he uses an attack involving money... so most of them.
This seems to be another console issue since it doesn't happen on PC, but it has been documented since the day Mr. Krabs dropped. Really hope we can get a hotfix for this soon, among other things.

I like Krabs, but he definitely does feel weak starting out. Penniless Krabs is inarguably the worst character in the game, so he kinda needs at least one bar of money to get the ball rolling, which is what Down Special is for. He's not my favorite character to play (that'd be Zim, in spite of everything), but I am a fan of how reachy and punchy a lot of his moves are - Back Air and Neutral Special are my personal favorites. A strong addition to my rotation of secondaries, if not quite main material.

Last edited:
This seems to be another console issue since it doesn't happen on PC, but it has been documented since the day Mr. Krabs dropped. Really hope we can get a hotfix for this soon, among other things.

I like Krabs, but he definitely does feel weak starting out. Penniless Krabs is inarguably the worst character in the game, so he kinda needs at least one bar of money to get the ball rolling, which is what Down Special is for. He's not my favorite character to play (that'd be Zim, in spite of everything), but I am a fan of how reachy and punchy a lot of his moves are - Back Air and Neutral Special are my personal favorites. A strong addition to my rotation of secondaries, if not quite main material.
No offense, but I'd argue it makes sense to have Krabs require money to play well, like Garfield requires junk food to play well on his terms. It just wouldn't be Eugene Krabs if he was dirt poor. Just dirt cheap.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No offense, but I'd argue it makes sense to have Krabs require money to play well, like Garfield requires junk food to play well on his terms. It just wouldn't be Eugene Krabs if he was dirt poor. Just dirt cheap.
I mean think about, Phoenix Wright in MvC starts out as the worst in the game, and you gotta work to build up to Turnabout Mode to where he arguably becomes the best, Krabs has the same concept here and I think it's perfect for him.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I mean, no argument there. I'm just echoing the general sentiment that Krabs is wonky to play out of the box due to starting so slow. He is still my second favorite character [effectively first for now since Zim's basically unplayable] and I'll play him no matter what, but he does not strike me as a simple character to grasp.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, it's definitely a by design thing. He's very much like the Phoenix Wright or Lucario equivalent in that sense, which I quite like.

FazDude

Smash Master
An interesting idea I thought up that I think would be fun to discuss - How would you all respond to future NASB games' rosters being "rotating" casts where most of the roster differs between games in terms of both cuts and additions while keeping the roster size? Like, every game would have your shoein, "no duh" reps like SpongeBob and Aang, but most of the cast beyond those picks would be wildly different from the game before, giving room for new additions and some returning veterans, including those who are absent fron NASB2.

I dunno, I thought this'd be a fun idea that'd make for an interesting discussion.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
An interesting idea I thought up that I think would be fun to discuss - How would you all respond to future NASB games' rosters being "rotating" casts where most of the roster differs between games in terms of both cuts and additions while keeping the roster size? Like, every game would have your shoein, "no duh" reps like SpongeBob and Aang, but most of the cast beyond those picks would be wildly different from the game before, giving room for new additions and some returning veterans, including those who are absent fron NASB2.

I dunno, I thought this'd be a fun idea that'd make for an interesting discussion.
I personally would be all for this as long as they try to keep entire show cuts to a minimum and bring back cut characters from the previous game on occasion. Absolutely seems most realistic. I think the show selection as of now is a decent one to keep as final - while I have developed some gripes with the NASB2 roster now the cutchud panic is mostly over (particularly 2000s overrep, but even then I don't blame that on the cuts or any individual characters) I think they had the right idea of "add 2 or so shows, focus on the side casts of the shows we have", there are ChalkZones and Fanboy & Chum Chums to be added, but I think digging deeper into the sidekicks, villains, rivals, and comic-reliefs should take priority.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I moreso mean bringing back characters after being cut prior, obviously not every instalment should be Street Fighter 3, heh.
This is what I meant too; Sorry for wording it wrong.

I was thinking that characters with higher playerbases get a good shot at coming back in the following game. So like, you'd have SpongeBob and Patrick coming back for NASB3, with the other SB guys being determined by how many players they have (would probably be measured via the NASB Discord). Less-played characters get rotated out for newer ones, or potentially cut characters coming back for a second chance. It's moreso like Mewtwo getting cut in Brawl and then coming back in Sm4sh due to high demand.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
This is what I meant too; Sorry for wording it wrong.

I was thinking that characters with higher playerbases get a good shot at coming back in the following game. So like, you'd have SpongeBob and Patrick coming back for NASB3, with the other SB guys being determined by how many players they have (would probably be measured via the NASB Discord). Less-played characters get rotated out for newer ones, or potentially cut characters coming back for a second chance. It's moreso like Mewtwo getting cut in Brawl and then coming back in Sm4sh due to high demand.
I'm not sure if I jive with that idea, makes it feel a bit like a contest, which could really easily rise tensions, I think cut returns should be more of a Dr. Mario "eh, we feel like putting 'em in this time" deal, with maybe exceptions made if a specific cut causes a particularly large Mewtwo-size backlash - the closest any of the NASB2 cuts got to that was Lincoln, but even then that was less "I want to play as Lincoln" and more "Isn't it weird this game has no Lincoln?", at least outside of this specific thread.

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm not sure if I jive with that idea, makes it feel a bit like a contest, which could really easily rise tensions, I think cut returns should be more of a Dr. Mario "eh, we feel like putting 'em in this time" deal, with maybe exceptions made if a specific cut causes a particularly large Mewtwo-size backlash - the closest any of the NASB2 cuts got to that was Lincoln, but even then that was less "I want to play as Lincoln" and more "Isn't it weird this game has no Lincoln?", at least outside of this specific thread.
This is fair - Maybe let the devs decide on personal bias and/or whatever they wanna do with the game's mechanics. Like, say they they want to add a new mechanic and think "oh Squidward would benefit a lot from this", and in he goes. Obviously, I'd want a good portion of the roster to remain familiar to people coming in from the last; Like you mentioned, I don't want a SF3 situation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom