• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
The biggest issue with AI art (and really, generative AI) is that it's unregulated. People should have the option to opt out their works, voice, and images for data scraping, and there should be tighter rules on using AI to spread misinfo (if not already covered by libel/slander rules).

The thing is, no company wants their work in the data scraping system, but at the same time AI makes it easier to cut costs and corners so... the only thing we're getting is stricter copyright laws.

I take it back all AI is bad.
This is the future SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 dreams of

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Lol imagine a crossover between Angry Beavers and Danny Phantom where Daggett gains ghost powers from a ghost portal Norbert builds to study the afterlife. Lol. Shenagians would occur. Poor Norbert he'd be getting a bigger headache than before.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nah, she thinks a future where is the same as our, but with the small difference: the word "Scrimblo Bimblo" is now considered a slur for platforming cartoon characters.
You clearly don’t know Snake. Her vision of the future would certainly be…something.

Which is why I can’t allow her to run for office :nifty:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do want to make it clear thay even though generative AI had made for some decent ****posts and I see niche usage for it, the negatives outweigh the positive by a lot so I'm all for the regulation of it. They're gonna **** it up aren't they

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's true though. Godzilla is "Too Big" for Multiversus. Look what Sakurai had to go through to make Ridley work after the fan demand having to make a whole new model and design of the character.

Iron Giant is canonically 50 feet tall. Godzilla even at his smallest is 160 feet. It would come off as awkward in terms of proportions. And look what Sakurai had to do with Ridley to make him work by downsizing him. New model and design.
I wish there was a dislike button.

Like at most Iron Giant is two Supermans tall in this game, and Superman is not 25 feet tall. As long as he’s a big character like IG it’s fine. Seriously. It’s all just supposed to be fun and games anyway. As long as he’s big that’s all you need. Characters don’t need to be at their cannon heights.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wish there was a dislike button.

Like at most Iron Giant is two Supermans tall in this game, and Superman is not 25 feet tall. As long as he’s a big character like IG it’s fine. Seriously. It’s all just supposed to be fun and games anyway. As long as he’s big that’s all you need. Characters don’t need to be at their cannon heights.
Again. Sakurai had to make a totally new model and design from scratch for Ridley to make him even work.

Godzilla being downsized from any version would just seem awkward and way out of proportion. Given Godzilla is bigger when compared to Ridley who is canonically around Iron Giant's canon size. That's kinda gonna be a problem tbh.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I’ve actually done some thinking about that. And the thing that I like about the copyright system is that these franchises end up linked together in different “pantheons” (like instead of the Greek, Norse, and Egyptian pantheons you have the Disney, Warner Bros, and Universal pantheons), as well as it making it harder, in theory, to violate the true essence of a character. The first thing is kind of just a tertiary side effect of the system and not its intended purpose, so it would be foolish to keep it around for that reason. The second thing isn’t even real because… well… stuff like the Velma cartoon and the SnyderVerse exist and they’re officially licensed. The companies don’t care and it doesn’t stop the characters names from being tarnished by bad adaptations. So like.. maybe don’t have stricter copyright laws.

Sure, I’ll miss the current pantheon-esque system of franchise organization, but we all have to make sacrifices for the betterment of society.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Again. Sakurai had to make a totally new model and design from scratch for Ridley to make him even work.

Godzilla being downsized from any version would just seem awkward and way out of proportion. Given Godzilla is bigger when compared to Ridley who is canonically around Iron Giant's canon size. That's kinda gonna be a problem tbh.
Alright fine man you can have that opinion, you don’t have to bring it up every single time. If we have to have this same argument every time someone brings up the possibility of Godzilla in Multiversus I’m gonna slap you through the computer screen.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Multiversus isn’t being made by Sakurai. And even if it was, you’re not speaking to some truth about the universe, you’re just saying a made up rule that makes your personal hangups feel valid.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I’ve actually done some thinking about that. And the thing that I like about the copyright system is that these franchises end up linked together in different “pantheons” (like instead of the Greek, Norse, and Egyptian pantheons you have the Disney, Warner Bros, and Universal pantheons), as well as it making it harder, in theory, to violate the true essence of a character. The first thing is kind of just a tertiary side effect of the system and not its intended purpose, so it would be foolish to keep it around for that reason. The second thing isn’t even real because… well… stuff like the Velma cartoon and the SnyderVerse exist and they’re officially licensed. The companies don’t care and it doesn’t stop the characters names from being tarnished by bad adaptations. So like.. maybe don’t have stricter copyright laws.

Sure, I’ll miss the current pantheon-esque system of franchise organization, but we all have to make sacrifices for the betterment of society.
I gotta be honest I have no idea what you're trying to say here

Shroob

Sup?

Mike, why are you like this.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It’s actually just a guy in the Godzilla suit
This is the thing that gets me about the proportions part of the argument.
Godzilla is literally just a dude in a suit most of the time in his portrayals. The same type of suits they use in all the other toku **** and one of the main things that always happens in some of them is the monster suddenly grows to skyscraper size.

And honestly, Monsterverse Godzilla doesn't exactly stray too far from that design ethos despite being fully CG. He's still a chunky lad, he's not exactly bordering on being a walking skeleton like Ridley.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, I think it'd be neat if Multiversus (or any future platform fighter really) included a giant character. I know it's a different kind of game but Tatsunoko vs Capcom managed to make it work.

Well Multiversus does already have one
multiversus-irongiant-1.jpg

But I agree, more body types makes the game more fun

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Good character development

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Had a thought the other day, and I think it would be really cool if they made a game with like 0 text other than the start and pause menu. No cutscenes, no dialogue, no tutorial, no optional text, everything is delivered through gameplay and any story elements are in the background for the player to piece together.

I kinda wanna make that game but I don't know enough about game design to do it

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Had a thought the other day, and I think it would be really cool if they made a game with like 0 text other than the start and pause menu. No cutscenes, no dialogue, no tutorial, no optional text, everything is delivered through gameplay and any story elements are in the background for the player to piece together.

I kinda wanna make that game but I don't know enough about game design to do it
Title_Screen_Sonic_3_and_Knuckles.png

And Knuckles

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I meant a good game. Sonic was never good.

Jokes aside, I'd like a modern game like that. I know the AAA industry would never produce something like this tho

Also also, Sonic 3 & Knuckles' story is very simple compared to what I had in mind. Also also also, it doesn't even apply, cause it has a few cutscenes and stuff like -get blue spheres- is text

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I meant a good game. Sonic was never good.

Jokes aside, I'd like a modern game like that. I know the AAA industry would never produce something like this tho

Also also, Sonic 3 & Knuckles' story is very simple compared to what I had in mind. Also also also, it doesn't even apply, cause it has a few cutscenes and stuff like -get blue spheres- is text
Well I gotta be honest, that's gonna be tough to do when everything is straight gameplay. Gotta have the people take a breather so they can soak in the story elements, otherwise the game is gonna have some severe pacing issues.

Also counting explaining the rules as "text" is kinda stretching it a bit, you gotta tell the player how to play the game via manual or in game text.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Well I gotta be honest, that's gonna be tough to do when everything is straight gameplay. Gotta have the people take a breather so they can soak in the story elements, otherwise the game is gonna have some severe pacing issues.

Also counting explaining the rules as "text" is kinda stretching it a bit, you gotta tell the player how to play the game via manual or in game text.
That's the neat thing, you don't

The player should just get good and figure it out for themselves

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even without the whole downsizing thing. The other hural for Godzilla is the licensing issues with Toho.

Remember Warner Bros. only distributes the MonsterVerse films, nothing more.

And given Toho's strange rules regarding Godzilla such as showing no emotions (Godzilla chuckling in GvK was Wingard managing to sneak that in without Toho knowing) and such in the films or as of late referring to him as a single individual species. It's not out of the realm of possilibity they'd be against Godzilla being downsized. Toho has always been strange with their rules.

Last edited:
Top Bottom