• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. Just… it’s a problem I have with how Multiversus has designed characters in general. Batman, Reindog, and now Joker… WHY DO THEY HAVE PROJECTILE NORMALS? Like seriously, it feels sooo clunky. Projectiles are specials, melee attacks are normals. It’s that way for a reason.

Don’t bring up mega man! I don’t like it with him either.
I also do wish there was some way to just… know what characters were coming and not have to just go by teasers.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm going to say something everyone thinks: someone in the Multiversus team is down bad for Velma.

I also do wish there was some way to just… know what characters were coming and not have to just go by teasers.
We just learned about two more characters. Let them sink in first.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I finally organized my backlog. I am determined to clear the thing as soon as possible and also praying to Arceus that no games I care about come out before Legends Z-A

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm going to say something everyone thinks: someone in the Multiversus team is down bad for Velma.
They’re strangely down bad for Velma.

Not even the police car controversy stopped them from making her a poster girl.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean my dad has a car that's 23 years old and it has a bunch of structural problems and can't pass an emmissions test but he insists he's gonna fix it instead of selling it like the entire family said he should.

Well idk how the repairs went but I can tell you the check engine light is still on so clearly it hasn't been enough.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
God if marceline was finished then why not make her a launch character and save BG for later? They really like that nanna I guess.
Because banana guard wasn’t leaked and because it would show everyone, that nothing is fair game and not every reveal has to be a safe one.

Thst would be my guess anyway. That and it keeps people coming back by adding one of the most popular requests a little later.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean my dad has a car that's 23 years old and it has a bunch of structural problems and can't pass an emmissions test but he insists he's gonna fix it instead of selling it like the entire family said he should.

Well idk how the repairs went but I can tell you the check engine light is still on so clearly it hasn't been enough.
My dad's car is 27 years old and it's doing surprisingly well.

He probably spent more money on repairs than you could buy a new car at this point but it has a lot of sentimental value for him. It's crazy how long some old cars can last.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My dad's car is 27 years old and it's doing surprisingly well.

He probably spent more money on repairs than you could buy a new car at this point but it has a lot of sentimental value for him. It's crazy how long some old cars can last.
Yeah it still runs but it has plenty of issues and it's really not worth imo, but my dad is huge on keeping sentimental stuff. I don't get it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I will say. Multiversus’s launch lineup is pretty solid. I would have done Neo before Agent Smith but at least this means he’ll probably be coming soon.

I do think it is missing two things though. Gandalf was in a tonne of the original leaks, and Lord of the Rings is a big WB property. I know some legal stuff happened with him but I really think they should have prioritized getting that sorted out and getting at least ONE LotR character in at launch. Hopefully it ends up happening later.

The other thing I feel it’s missing is Daffy Duck. Bugs is their Mario (from a marketing standpoint anyway), so without him it feels like they’re missing their Luigi. And I feel like he, again, should have been prioritized. Again, hope he comes later.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I will say. Multiversus’s launch lineup is pretty solid. I would have done Neo before Agent Smith but at least this means he’ll probably be coming soon.

I do think it is missing two things though. Gandalf was in a tonne of the original leaks, and Lord of the Rings is a big WB property. I know some legal stuff happened with him but I really think they should have prioritized getting that sorted out and getting at least ONE LotR character in at launch. Hopefully it ends up happening later.

The other thing I feel it’s missing is Daffy Duck. Bugs is their Mario (from a marketing standpoint anyway), so without him it feels like they’re missing their Luigi. And I feel like he, again, should have been prioritized. Again, hope he comes later.
Iirc LoTR got cut completely.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

"the trunk is stuck again, please bring the car in"
"Okay okay"
---
"The trunk is stuck and wont open and the trunk open button doesnt work, please send it in"
"I have an appointment"
---
" The lights are staying on, the trunk button wont work, the trunk wont latch or open, this is a safetly hazard if the car doors are jammed and we need to exit out the trunk, please, Dad-"

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Iirc LoTR got cut completely.
Yes, Gandalf was on the initial leak screenshots. Seemed to be fully done and then the Toiken estate got involved and shut it down.

Might be possible they get the rights again though with the new movie coming out

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of rights issues, is Jason our first third party character in Multiversus?

Yeah, Arya is based on a book, and LeBron James is a real guy but their portrayals in GoT and Space Jam are owned by WB iirc.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

oomfie unattended in the CoD lobby what will she do
Damn, Aerial is like the one suit that would pique my interest the most. Still not playing Call of Duty for it, but they are bringing out the big guns. At least my sweet baby boy Guntank is unaffected.

I just hope this is an omen that when Gundam comes to Fortnite we will get Witch From Mercury stuff.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
TheMightyP TheMightyP Why would you have an avatar for that abomination of an incarnation of Velma? Come on dude you're better than that.

Because it bombed.
First of all, chill, I'm pretty sure Mighty is just meming.

And second of all, whoa I'm genuinely surprised that Fall Guy ended up bombing. I got SO MUCH advertising for it wherever I went. What happened, did it really stink or something?

osby

Smash Obsessed
And second of all, whoa I'm genuinely surprised that Fall Guy ended up bombing. I got SO MUCH advertising for it wherever I went. What happened, did it really stink or something?
I thought it was a solid flick. The story wasn't much to write about but it didn't take itself too seriously and had great stunt action.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Speaking of rights issues, is Jason our first third party character in Multiversus?

Yeah, Arya is based on a book, and LeBron James is a real guy but their portrayals in GoT and Space Jam are owned by WB iirc.
Friday the 13th is owned by WB via New Line, there's just rights issues pertaining to the original movie iirc

First of all, chill, I'm pretty sure Mighty is just meming.

The advertising was exceptionally poor.

Top Bottom