• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, my Unown L has Hidden Power (Ice), meaning I just found my sixth team member for my Johto only run.

Cynthia better watches out now, I'll make sure her Garchomp is gonna take that L.

KillerCage

Smash Master

SKX31

Smash Master
YALL
Kirby cover nominated for a Grammy! Huge news for video game soundtrack music!

I mean when was the last time a video game music got nominated at the Grammies!?
This (nominated and won* in 2011, song and game released in 2005):

The track is bonafide iconic, not just within the Civ fandom. The Grammy win helped solidify that. And yeah, "Baba Yetu" is the Swahili rendition of "Our Father". The composers are Christopher Tin and the Soweto Gospel Choir.

*It was nominated and won due to its placement on composer Tin's own album "Calling All Dawns" and the Kirby cover was likely nominated on similar grounds.

The Kirby cover is only the second video game song ever nominated AFAIK (unless I'm missing something) and that is no small feat regardless of whether it wins or not.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
This (nominated and won* in 2011, song and game released in 2005):

The track is bonafide iconic, not just within the Civ fandom. The Grammy win helped solidify that. And yeah, "Baba Yetu" is the Swahili rendition of "Our Father". The composers are Christopher Tin and the Soweto Gospel Choir.

*It was nominated and won due to its placement on composer Tin's own album "Calling All Dawns" and the Kirby cover was likely nominated on similar grounds.

The Kirby cover is only the second video game song ever nominated AFAIK (unless I'm missing something) and that is no small feat regardless of whether it wins or not.
Yep Baba Yetu is seriously one of the greatest songs in gaming. Such a beautiful, epic piece of art, and I could think of no better candidate for gaming's first Grammy.

That said, the race for first is over now! Time to go all in, right? It's impressive in a different way. Baba Yetu was in a video game's soundtrack, playing right there in the opening movie. "Meta Knight's Revenge" here was arranged entirely by fans. In fact it's these guys, who you might have seen before if you listen to gaming covers on YouTube.

They're not amateur fans. The jazz orchestra is composed of a bunch of professional musicians from professional orchestras all over the USA, and the conductor Charlie Rosen has worked on Broadway songs before. Still, they cover these gaming songs in concert because they're fans! And that makes this feel like a very cool, super grassroots type of thing. Just getting the nomination is a win for gamers in general imo.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Sees mention of K-On.

I have been summoned.
Cause it's K-On bro. Who needs all that new Western pop music when you have this loveable quintet and their songs.

1637711344222.png

Also posting my five favourite songs from them as a list before I forget ever doing this again.

1. Don't Say Lazy - Mio vocals are phenomenal.
2. Fuwa Fuwa Time - Obviously.
3. Girls in Wonderland - Mio vocals and the rhythm is the funk.
4. Kirakira Days - Reminds me of a mix of Splatoon and Katamari.
5. Cagayake Girls - First OP never gets old.

Don't like singers like Katy Perry or Ariana Grande who all sing like they are about to pop out some microphone-headed abomination the higher the pitch they are. Hokago Tea Time will always rule supreme over them.

That's my K-On monthly or so appreciation post.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Gotta say, I enjoy the recent attention K-On has been getting here, even if I haven't watched the anime in like 10 years.
I still wished I watched anime like that 8-10 years ago, would have done so much good for me in hindsight.

Anything that is done by KyoAni deserves attention. Just saying.

Dutch Raikuna

Watching Super Cub and the thing to take away from it is that it reminds me of how my country's road infrastructure is ****ty outside of one stretch on the coast.

That and I hate where I live cause of the people and how bringing a moped in town means it'll probably get stolen. I'm gonna leave it at that before I get annoyed.

I was about to do a MightyP moment and make fun of K-On but it appears as if I am outnumbered
You were wanting to?!

Ohhhhhhhhh.jpg

Outnumbered there mate. We'll go Cagayake time on you.

Well them, not me. I'm going to bed for real now.

Night ****lords.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I just bought Shin Megami Tensei IV since I want something to do during my break and so I get to keep using my 3DS, hope I can keep up with the combat since everywhere I've looked says the series is really difficult.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also to add, what did you all think of him?
Chill dude, but if he left for work and school stuff, understandable. Education and making a living is much more important than viewing year old memes on a Smash Brothers website.
you are surrounded by weebs

you'll always be outnumbered

View attachment 338654
Just expected y'all to have better taste, that's all.

I will not elaborate on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom