• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Considering some new book in BDSP, a friend of mine's suggesting Hisuian Qwilfish is a thing
Yeah, a new book got added to the Canalave Library, called The Prince of the Sea. It refers to a kid wanting to meet the prince of the sea and getting help from some Pokemon, including a Qwilfish, to go to the east sea, if I remember correctly. Interestingly, Qwilfish isn't in Sinnoh's main dex, unlike the other two mons mentioned.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
My school's doing a drug test tomorrow, except it's literally them asking if you took drugs or not.

The kids doing it can literally say ****ing no and continue what they're doing.

Who the **** thought that was a good idea-
It's symbolic for the war on drugs losing relevance due to legalized weed and ****.

Unless you're nonwhite, then you still get arrested for a smidge of weed

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Why is he impaled with a tennis racket?
It's actually a nail

He's a voodoo doll brought to life

See, you find him in an alternate version of your hometown, and he's being kept in some fisher dude's basement where said fisherman is worshiping him

Through a series of events, you end up bringing him to life, and he joins you on your quest to harass a furry and a clown

he does funny little dances in combat

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ehhh, I dunno. There’s tons about Germany you could reference without talking about that one time.

I mean, we had an America region without any references to things like slavery or the like.

There’s more to Germany and their culture and history than WW2, Y’know?

Yeah people will make jokes, but screw em.
IDK. Like, you seem to be ignoring the fact that it would also be being made by a Japanese studio. Like… if a Japanese studio made a game based on or about Germany and it didn’t tackle that I would find it a little sus.
Yeah, because then they'd have to add Pokemon based on Wunschpunsch and Pokemon can never be that good.
Had to Google that and that would be very very strange.
View attachment 338618

Anyway lookit these dragons and tell me if it’s good character design. Need a lil feedback.

It’s a dragon mother and her son who go on adventures and stuff. Ruby can fly, but she can’t breathe fire. And the reverse for Jasper.

They’re kinda like Spyro mixed with Banjo Kazooie, with a dash of Sonic.

Very good. Very cute. Very must love. Very want plush.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's actually a nail

He's a voodoo doll brought to life

See, you find him in an alternate version of your hometown, and he's being kept in some fisher dude's basement where said fisherman is worshiping him

Through a series of events, you end up bringing him to life, and he joins you on your quest to harass a furry and a clown

he does funny little dances in combat
It is always morally correct to harass clowns but I'm still gonna call that a tennis racket even if the remake makes it obviously a nail.

Sidenote, when the hell is the FF9 remake? It got leaked in the same source and FF9's also getting a tv show, I demand my good lad sir Vivi as his existence proves that people who want a generic Black Mage in Smash are as exciting as lemongrass

Noipoi

Howdy!
IDK. Like, you seem to be ignoring the fact that it would also be being made by a Japanese studio. Like… if a Japanese studio made a game based on or about Germany and it didn’t tackle that I would find it a little sus.
Yeah but, Y’know, this is Pokémon. A massive global children’s brand. I’m sure they have a million stipulations about not referencing stuff like that.

Very good. Very cute. Very must love. Very want plush.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I really, really need to get around to making a light novels list of stuff to get.

I'm so unsure of wanting more of them but same time, they are the only stuff I read outside of the classic novel from the library.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
View attachment 338618

Anyway lookit these dragons and tell me if it’s good character design. Need a lil feedback.

It’s a dragon mother and her son who go on adventures and stuff. Ruby can fly, but she can’t breathe fire. And the reverse for Jasper.

They’re kinda like Spyro mixed with Banjo Kazooie, with a dash of Sonic.

Oh I love this SO MUCH. Honestly, don't have much feedback to give. This just looks freaking amazing, haha.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t have access to photo editing software so….
Grass: Gossifleur
Fire: Delphox
Water: Primarina
Normal: Eevee (I could fill this whole thing with Eeveelutions but that would be cheating).
Electric: Zeraora, maybe Ampharos
Psychic: Hatterene, honorable mention Mewtwo
Fighting: Urshifu
Rock: Diance
Ground: Nidoqueen
Flying: Altaria
Bug: Scolipede (I really wished you could have Pokémon in SwSh that you could ride but weren’t in your battle party so I could ride this)
Poison: Salazzle
Dark: Liepard
Ghost: Gengar
Ice: Froslass
Steel: Magearna
Dragon: Goodra

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I don’t have access to photo editing software so….
Grass: Gossifleur
Fire: Delphox
Water: Primarina
Normal: Eevee (I could fill this whole thing with Eeveelutions but that would be cheating).
Electric: Zeraora, maybe Ampharos
Psychic: Hatterene, honorable mention Mewtwo
Fighting: Urshifu
Rock: Diance
Ground: Nidoqueen
Flying: Altaria
Bug: Scolipede (I really wished you could have Pokémon in SwSh that you could ride but weren’t in your battle party so I could ride this)
Poison: Salazzle
Dark: Liepard
Ghost: Gengar
Ice: Froslass
Steel: Magearna
Dragon: Goodra
It's a website, not photo editing.
I did it, I got all the Unown forms. Only took like 2 hours of time wasted well spent. I don't even know what the reward is in BDSP.
I did that once too. It was pain. Anyways, the reward is that if you go to the Ruin Maniac's tunnnel south of Veilstone, it should lead to a new room of Solaceon Ruins containing the ! and ? Unown forms inside it.

And if you caught all 26 Unown, the tunnel now has the highest chance of spawning Hippopatas, being the highest non Underground location to find one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I did that once too. It was pain. Anyways, the reward is that if you go to the Ruin Maniac's tunnnel south of Veilstone, it should lead to a new room of Solaceon Ruins containing the ! and ? Unown forms inside it.

And if you caught all 26 Unown, the tunnel now has the highest chance of spawning Hippopatas, being the highest non Underground location to find one.
Nah, I mean the actual reward for catching all 28 forms. In DPPt you got stickers from that kid depending on which Unown you showed him. In BDSP you get more Ball Capsules ( I think it's 15, but I didn't count).

Sidenote, that kid must be the worst "researcher" ever. Dude says he "researches" Unowns, but hasn't even seen a single form. Pathetic

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's a website, not photo editing.

Really? Which website?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Really? Which website?
Literally just look up favorite Pokémon of each type on Google lol
What he said.

Nah, I mean the actual reward for catching all 28 forms. In DPPt you got stickers from that kid depending on which Unown you showed him. In BDSP you get more Ball Capsules ( I think it's 15, but I didn't count).

Sidenote, that kid must be the worst "researcher" ever. Dude says he "researches" Unowns, but hasn't even seen a single form. Pathetic
Yeah I think it's just ball capsules, a level of satisfaction, and deep regret for actually spending time on this.

Trust me I've been there.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Yeah but, Y’know, this is Pokémon. A massive global children’s brand. I’m sure they have a million stipulations about not referencing stuff like that.
Last week r/pokemon made me realize how the "Holo Caster" looks like some other word and how it was super duper 100% intentional and not a coincidence.
Also there was this thing about how the Pokémon game set on a region based on New York had a terrorist attack take place in a city named "Twindrake" in the Germany version, located between Routes 9 and 11....

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I did it! Really loved the final boss! Quick thinking and reflexes really make that fight, it was fun!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just had a quick flick through of K-On and Non Non Biyori's manga and....................
1637705302609.png
1637705414683.png

It is not the same without the animation and the music. So I've realised that outside of a few like Toradora, Haruhi, Magical Index, Re:Zero and two of Shinkai's films.........there's nothing I want as a light novel.

By the way guys.........watching K-On and/or Non Non Biyori. You get some chill stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------

Also MooMew64 MooMew64 you recommended me this months ago but I started watching Super Cub. **** man this couldn't have come at a better time to watch considering what is going on in my life with driving.

First 10 minutes and I'm in love with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom