• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Just saw the new trailer, and I really enjoyed it. The interaction choices were interesting to see, like Finn and Velma, or Marvin the Martian and The Iron Giant.

Also, in the Wonder Woman Variant segment, are my eyes deceiving me or is Nubia confirmed to be a Variant skin?

As for new characters, correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to be the list of characters for the new Season 1, if not all of 2024:
  • Jason Vorhees (Friday the 13th)
  • Agent Smith (The Matrix)
  • Aquaman
  • The Powerpuff Girls
  • Samurai Jack
  • Either Harry Potter or The Wicked Witch of the West
If this appears to be true, then I might not mind that. I hope Scooby and Dexter get in the game soon after that, though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say, Aquaman, Raven, Powerpuff Girls, Wicked Witch of the West, Samurai Jack and Dexter would be a pretty rad first season or two.

Not a dud in the bunch, though I question why Aquaman over some of the other DC characters. Maybe to tie into the recent movies?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Looks like I was right lmao.

screen.PNG

I will say, Aquaman, Raven, Powerpuff Girls, Wicked Witch of the West, Samurai Jack and Dexter would be a pretty rad first season or two.

Not a dud in the bunch, though I question why Aquaman over some of the other DC characters. Maybe to tie into the recent movies?
Maybe because they got Phil Lamarr for Samurai Jack, they started working on Aquaman earlier because he did the voice work for both characters at the same time.

Edit: Sorry for double post for some reason I saw a few posts between my last one.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Hmm, Aquaman is fine, i'm just wary of DC additions cause we already have plenty. But i accepted they are gonna be half the roster a long time ago.

Exciting line-up, but there are so many hints that im not sure who's next. Hopefully datamines dont ruin the surprise

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Just saw the new trailer, and I really enjoyed it. The interaction choices were interesting to see, like Finn and Velma, or Marvin the Martian and The Iron Giant.

Also, in the Wonder Woman Variant segment, are my eyes deceiving me or is Nubia confirmed to be a Variant skin?
didn't see Nubia.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe because they got Phil Lamarr for Samurai Jack, they started working on Aquaman earlier because he did the voice work for both characters at the same time.

Edit: Sorry for double post for some reason I saw a few posts between my last one.
Phil Lamar voiced Aquaman? When?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A post-launch line up of Agent Smith, Wicked Witch, Powerpuff Girls, Aquaman, Samurai Jack, and Dexter would be fantastic. And hints toward Scooby and Green Lantern make it even better.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

A post-launch line up of Agent Smith, Wicked Witch, Powerpuff Girls, Aquaman, Samurai Jack, and Dexter would be fantastic. And hints toward Scooby and Green Lantern make it even better.
Plagiarism.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Possible teased characters
Powerpuff Girls (stage + Bubbles Plushie)
Dexter (Stage + Glasses and Gloves in trailer)
Raven (Stage)
Samurai Jack (Sword)
Aquaman (Trident)
Wicked Witch (Broom)
Daffy Duck (Poster)
Scooby Doo (Scooby Snacks)
Marceline (Axe)
Green Lantern (Battery)

don't know if I missed anything

Faso115

Smash Lord
We can try and make themes around these hints, im just not gonna bother lol. My only headcanon rule is that the release order is based around what hint we saw first.

Which already is hard to guess cause we saw the trident, sword, octi and broom at the same time

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Raven (Stage)
Samurai Jack (Sword)
Aquaman (Trident)
Wicked Witch (Broom)
Daffy Duck (Poster)
Marceline (Axe)
Green Lantern (Battery)

I hope Aquaman is based more in his classic/brave and the bold appearances. Would create a wackier character for this wacky fighting game.

Also hyped for Green Lantern, probably my most wanted DC pick.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Plus Keanu is expensive.
Nah I don't think Keanu does anything Matrix related unless the Wachowskis are involved

But like, when do we get the Flash?
With Sheldon Cooper

Jason doesn't talk, so i hope the voice of Pamela does the talking for him, that would be cool.

Unless Pamela's presence is another case of copyright hell
He at least has the "Ki ki ki. Ma ma ma." effect so he's fine at a bare minimum.

the question is which green lantern?
Praying for John and/or Jessica, expecting Hal's loser ass.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Can someone take some screenshots of the hints? I can't find the Duck Season poster, axe, glasses and gloves.

didn't see Nubia.
Yeah, upon further inspection, none of those are actually Nubia. My mistake.
Raven (Stage)
Samurai Jack (Sword)
Aquaman (Trident)
Wicked Witch (Broom)
Daffy Duck (Poster)
Marceline (Axe)
Green Lantern (Battery)

Just confirming all these hints could be a satisfying year of MultiVersus. But I know not to expect the usual suspects.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Isn't there a Green lantern battery in the first cinematic trailer too? I swear this isn't the first time it appeared in the game.

Also the season 1 is titles Puns and vilainy. Jason will be there at launch, but Agent Smith will join the roster a bit later in Season 1.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Jason doesn't talk, so i hope the voice of Pamela does the talking for him, that would be cool.

Unless Pamela's presence is another case of copyright hell
I wouldn't wanna force interactions to exist that don't need to. Keep silent characters silent imo.

Aaayei

Smash Cadet
The fact they got Jason of all characters in here is insane. His build is definitely weird, but I like it, it helps encapsulate his terrifying energy and helps support what I assume will be his tank class

Agent Smith is a very pleasant surprise. No Neo is a bummer, but I get it. Agent Smith is a great choice too and I won't say no to more villains. I'm just very happy The Matrix finally has representation here. Probably one of the biggest omissions up until now.

Also damn, all those tease are nuts. Lots of potential fun choices down the road. Wicked Witch, is it finally time?

I find it funny they held off on all of this until a week away. This marketing cycle is uhhhh.... a thing that happened

Last edited:
Top Bottom