• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kips

Smash Ace
Assuming that Zero Suit Samus is actually unlockable for play as a seperate character, how many people think she will be in the high tier? Personally, assuming the above, I think with her speed, good paralyzing moves and decent mix of attacks that she can power her way to at least a good standing. Thoughts?

iron blade

Smash Ace
She won't be separate, so there really isn't a way to predict what tier she will be. That's like asking what tier Giga Bowser is.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Assuming that Zero Suit Samus is actually unlockable for play as a seperate character, how many people think she will be in the high tier? Personally, assuming the above, I think with her speed, good paralyzing moves and decent mix of attacks that she can power her way to at least a good standing. Thoughts?
I sure she wont be unlockable, but people that do use her in tourneys will put her in a tier seperate from samus depending on how either of them perform in brawl, sort of how zelda and shiekd were differently tiered.

(assuming of course the smash ball is legal)

gamer8

Smash Lord
Don't just assume that she wont be separate... wait for the game and we'll see, or at least wait for the Japan game to be released so we get info. Btw... what's a tier? I never really payed attention to that stuff... don't flam me for this I'm serious.

Kips

Smash Ace
It's more in context of 'How do you think Zero Suit Samus will match up against other characters?'. Do you think she'll be a pushover to beat, or do you think she has a good chance against the competition without desperately needing a smash ball to put the suit back on?

iron blade

Smash Ace
Don't just assume that she wont be separate... wait for the game and we'll see, or at least wait for the Japan game to be released so we get info. Btw... what's a tier? I never really payed attention to that stuff... don't flam me for this I'm serious.
Tiers are kinda like rank. In a nutshell, it's how good a character is. If someone is god tier, they are a beast. Low tier means they suck.

It's more in context of 'How do you think Zero Suit Samus will match up against other characters?'. Do you think she'll be a pushover to beat, or do you think she has a good chance against the competition without desperately needing a smash ball to put the suit back on?
I think she will be O.K., nowhere near as good as normal Samus.

Kips

Smash Ace
Well she does have a few advantages- Superior speed, manueverability and possibly a very funny edgeguarding technique in the Paralyzer. Just imagine your opponents falling to the ground, twitching all the way towards their doom...

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
In order to determine what tier ZSS will be in we would have to see how she does in tournys which we cant do becasue a certain game is not out yet...
On another note i dont see why you guys keep saying that ZSS wont be her seperate char though the dojo has her as her own char she has her on move list her Final smash returns her to Samus which final smashes can be turn off so i doubt sakurai will keep a whole char locked up like that i mean do you guys need a dojo update for everything

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
In order to determine what tier ZSS will be in we would have to see how she does in tournys which we cant do becasue a certain game is not out yet...
On another note i dont see why you guys keep saying that ZSS wont be her seperate char though the dojo has her as her own char she has her on move list her Final smash returns her to Samus which final smashes can be turn off so i doubt sakurai will keep a whole char locked up like that i mean do you guys need a dojo update for everything
Srsly, stfu. The last part of your post was stupid. You're asking us whether we need a DOJO update to prove everything, yet you're the one using ZSS's seperate character profile as proof she'll be a seperate character. I sense a contradiction.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
I certainly wouldn't mind if she was seperate but I was simply stating that if she was a seperate character, how well do you think she would do in the matchups against others?
I hope you didn't think my previous post was aimed at you... =(

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I don't know if I'm remembering correctly... but one of the guys explaining the demo at E for All seemed to say that ZSamus was really strong... so if this is true she might stay an item like giga bowser...

I really hope they seperate her though... making an item-only character is a really really lame idea... even it if is unique...

Kips

Smash Ace
Well from what we've seen/heard, she's pretty floaty and light, making it easier to knock her out. Her advantages are her speed and annoying paralyzers. I'd say her hit and run strategy could really be annoying and effective.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
She will be high on the tiers. She had good reach and speed wich are 2 of the more important stats in this game. IMO

T-major

Smash Champion
God... I HATE it when people assume that just because a character is fast, that they're automatically high tier... I hope she's no higher than middle tier. that'll show all you people who like this boring excuse for a character...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
^Well the fast characters normally are high, due to the virtue of the system favoring them. Of course there's new balancing being implimented, but if that's effective or not remains to be seen. ZSS though does seem to have Sheik like speed, and better range. Of course the range could be her down fall if she gets tied up in her whipping attacks, and can get attacked from the back without being able to change direction.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released no discussion of tiers for a game that isn't released

*bowser fsmash*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom