• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

sasook

Smash Champion
Do I get a nickname to add to my multiple ones already? I'm not a ZSS main...

In the past I've been called:
sas, sassy, sassypants, sook, sassafrass, sasookness, sassywassy, sasooky, and in the Link chat only, the 4 lettter S word for a very loose woman. Mind you, it has nothing to do with the fact that I play ZSS, it's just coincidence.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Turned 13 in March.
HOGGLED! 21 >_>

Sasook, when is your birthday? If it's March 1st then I owe you a high five.

edit: LOL @ sassywassy, I've been called "Dazzy Wazzy" before. too good!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Aaaaaaand Sasook gets hoggled.

TP's side quests were downright pathetic.
TP had sidequests?

But seriously, if you want to play a Metroid game, the first one you should play is Super Metroid. It's seriously the pinnacle of the series, balancing gameplay with complex levels, secrets (grapple beam to electricity ftw) and a plethora of special abilities. It's one of the best games ever made to this day. and the music kicks *** too.
Best secret ability was, IMO, the shinespark. I'm kinda mad that not even the speed boost ability gets any attention in the Smash Bros games.

So tell us, how old are you?
22, 23 in Sept. Geez, I need to stop hanging out with smashers. They make me feel so old.

I actually got into games really hard kinda late in the game, though. My parents got me an NES when I was six, but all I owned was Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. I didn't get another system or game until the N64, but I got more into games after that.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
I had a long post saying something about previous posts and injecting my opinion, and right as I finished my computer crashed and I no longer have the will to type it all out, so I'm moving on.

Wind Waker was the pinnacle of the Zelda series. It had an expansive world, a brilliant and unique artistic style, and amazing game design and continuity. It is and will be unmatched, for a while I think.
Wind Waker was good, but suffered from a ridiculously flawed system. If they didn't make travel so god**** tedious, that game would have been AMAZING. Seriously, after the first couple islands, it's freaking awesome, changing the wind and exploring new islands and throwing bait to chinese dragon fish (or whatever the **** those things were). But once you had the whole map, it was extremely tedious to change the wind every single time you wanted to move two feet. Or teleport to another island, and THEN change the wind to go to the neighboring island. Not to mention the song system wasn't as fast as OoT's, so you really had to sit through the whole animation/song to change the wind, soooo annnoying. That, and I thought the enemies were repeated too often. but eh.

I turned 21 in February. Smash scene is so funny, so many tournie goers need rides everywhere. **** kids get your **** license...! d:

oh, and I got into games pretty late too, I'm the baby of the family, so I just watched my older brothers beat all the good games. Then when I got into playing games more, I went back and beat all the old games on my computer.

sasook

Smash Champion
I hated how easy WW's fighting system was. All you really had to do was stand there and press A when it flashed.

And I agree about the traveling issue Faded said. Horse > boat IMO, it just feels more Zelda-ey, if you know what I mean.

Zero

Smash Hero
TP had sidequests?
No, but the snowboard minigame was fun. :D Also rollgoal.

Please, Nintendo, next time you make a Zelda, have it as immersive as Majoras Mask, pleaaaaaaaaaaase.

Best secret ability was, IMO, the shinespark. I'm kinda mad that not even the speed boost ability gets any attention in the Smash Bros games.
If Samus had her complete arsenal, not even Meta Knight would have a fighting chance. Sakurai nerfed her for balance (LOL). that and Sakurai hates Metroid games and will go piss on Gunpei Yokoi's grave.

I'm 17 since March. My nicknames involves Andy (and all variations of that, ffs), Princess Marth, Zero, but besides that, I don't have a nickname :]

sasook@ But you can't deny, parrying looked ****ing awesome, right? right?!

@Faded: I know! People need lifts everywhere, and there's only a select few of us in the already small scene who actually have their **** license. Stupid city folk not bothering to get their license, hurr public transport ish fine. ;-;

sasook

Smash Champion
All the parry moves were made techniques in TP. I liked that, they actually took effort to pull off. Granted, not a whole lot, it was still pathetically easy, but at least harder than parrying.

On a side note, hurricane spin >>>>>> great spin. Plus TP had no magic. That was stupid.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
All the parry moves were made techniques in TP. I liked that, they actually took effort to pull off. Granted, not a whole lot, it was still pathetically easy, but at least harder than parrying.

On a side note, hurricane spin >>>>>> great spin. Plus TP had no magic. That was stupid.
TP was amazing because of Midna. Best zelda character ever. And the postman.

And hurricane spin is also amazing.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Wind Waker was good, but suffered from a ridiculously flawed system. If they didn't make travel so god**** tedious, that game would have been AMAZING. Seriously, after the first couple islands, it's freaking awesome, changing the wind and exploring new islands and throwing bait to chinese dragon fish (or whatever the **** those things were). But once you had the whole map, it was extremely tedious to change the wind every single time you wanted to move two feet. Or teleport to another island, and THEN change the wind to go to the neighboring island. Not to mention the song system wasn't as fast as OoT's, so you really had to sit through the whole animation/song to change the wind, soooo annnoying. That, and I thought the enemies were repeated too often. but eh.
I actually disliked the sailing mechanic in WW, because I felt it was gimmicky. I had actually been learning how to really sail at the time, and the simplicity of the controls and the fact that you could basically go anywhere with the wind behind you after like, ten minutes of play, really turned me off of the game.

Seriously, the sheet and the tiller could have at least had separate controls. You don't even control the sails at all. I didn't need simulation level realism, but I'd rather have had some depth to the control scheme.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
yeah, and the whole fact that you go faster right when you bust your sail out, resulting in putting away and re-using your sail like five billion times to go faster... (or was that just me because I was bored as **** sailing everywhere?)

Not to mention that you could jump your boat... really? |:

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
Midna's Lament>Epona's Song but Epona>The Leafy Viola/Cello thing player in WW>Midna.

BUT, if you can't jump your boat, the random jump obstacles, that come out of the middle of the ocean, will get you!

Zero

Smash Hero
No way, Wind God's Aria is an amazing song, at full speed, anyway.

Saria's Song is the best song anyway, what's the point in arguing anything else?

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
Midna's Lament>Epona's Song but Epona>The Leafy Viola/Cello thing player in WW>Midna.

BUT, if you can't jump your boat, the random jump obstacles, that come out of the middle of the ocean, will get you!
Midna's lament...That had to be one of the best experiences in any zelda game. Midna is on the verge of death, you are running through hyrule field with her on your back, it is raining like crazy,and that music is playing. One of the greatest parts of TP.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Midna's lament...That had to be one of the best experiences in any zelda game. Midna is on the verge of death, you are running through hyrule field with her on your back, it is raining like crazy,and that music is playing. One of the greatest parts of TP.
I'm just mad they had to constantly interrupt it with the fight music. I mean that music was excellent, but I don't want it snuffing out Midna's Lament.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
I'm just mad they had to constantly interrupt it with the fight music. I mean that music was excellent, but I don't want it snuffing out Midna's Lament.
Yea i know, i purposely avoided all enemies during that scene if i could.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that not much of the OoT music really did it for me all that much. It provided a mood, but it didn't really hit me very hard. I will say, Sheik's Theme was pretty cool, and the Forest Temple music always scared the **** out of me. Other than that, though, not much in it for me.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that not much of the OoT music really did it for me all that much. It provided a mood, but it didn't really hit me very hard. I will say, Sheik's Theme was pretty cool, and the Forest Temple music always scared the **** out of me. Other than that, though, not much in it for me.
Song of Storms didn't catch your interest at all? That's like, one of the greatest Zelda songs of all time.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
You guys are going to hate me for this...

I think I just found a use for Fsmash. o_O

When the opponent is Over 100% so all of their ledge-getup moves are slower, spacing yourself correctly from the edge correctly and wating for them to start to make a ledge action (get up, getup attack, getupjump, ledge roll) will Guarantee a hit, no matter what action they took.

Getup/getup attack/jump = Get hit by end-ish of Fsmash

Roll-getup = Get hit by tail-end of Fsmash

because they are above 100%, these are safe on hit, and because you are close to the end if the stage, you have a fair chance of actually killing with Fsmash... o_O. Jump is the hardest to hit them out of though. It's hard enough that you probably aren't going to get them with it. That also means they are more likely to jump, though, and we like our opponents in the air. =)

I also discovered something else similar; If the opponent misses a tech, and you can get in the right position, you are guaranteed an Fsmash hit. Just wait until they start to do something, and tap towards them on the Cstick. The start up lag is just enough that the following will occur:

Getup/getup-attack = Fsmash mid-hit

Roll away = Fsmash Tipper (see bellow*)

Roll close = Fsmash-close/behind-hit (depending on how far they roll).

This one obviously doesn't require them to be at high percents, but as always, Fsmash isn't exactly safe on hit, so you're probably better off waiting until about 50% anyways.

*EDIT2: Fsmash doesn't have enough range to hit an opponent that rolled away. However, it is guaranteed if you are ate the end of the stage. Even in the middle of the stage, it should still be safe, and covering 3/4 options is still pretty good. You just have to mix it up a bit so they don't always roll away.

I haven't really tested either of these a whole lot. Just putting this out there. I kinda like them. =)

*braces self for barrage of criticism*

EDIT: Forgot to say something important in the first section.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Okay I have said this before but f-smash does a few advantes mostly its HUGE hitbox, and long active frames, and great priority, the problem its slow and very unsafe on block, but once you get to know some matchups it can be the right move to do at that time. But still its terrible, and you should avoid getting in the habit of using.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
as far as the edge thing is concerned, you can do almost the same thing with D-Smash, except it hits jumping people easier, and doesn't cover the roll. So it's basically like the same thing with a much better reward...

lol, don't give up on F-Smash though, someone will figure out a use for it some day! lol

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
as far as the edge thing is concerned, you can do almost the same thing with D-Smash, except it hits jumping people easier, and doesn't cover the roll. So it's basically like the same thing with a much better reward...

lol, don't give up on F-Smash though, someone will figure out a use for it some day! lol
I honestly don't see this as a "this is better so use it" situation.

Mix it up, people. =\

EDIT: Wait, can you even Dsmash the get-up attack?

Hence

Smash Ace
**** GUYS, Mew2King moved to Ohio a few days ago and he'll be attending all of my tournies. ****!

Top Bottom