• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Alright, guys, possible new thing to research.

I was testing out the effect of inclines and declines (slopes) on the Daz lock. I found it didn't effect it at all. But while I was testing this in yoshi's island (melee), I remembered a youtube video I saw a loooong time back, before I became part of the competitive brawl community.

The video was called "Wave dashing in brawl?!?!" or something along those lines. I can't seem to find it, though I have found 18 billion videos of people doing useless sudo-wavedashes in brawl. =\

Anyways, it wasn't really a wave dash at all. What was happening was that ZSS was using her down-b flip on a steep slope (in yoshi's melee), and because of the slopes steepness, the flip was canceled after a few milliseconds of animation, with ZSS crouching (because I was holding down =P) and completely lagless, about one pace in front of where she originally was, facing in the same direction. It looks kinda weird, and each time you do it, you sorta just land right with the usual "poof" of dust. Because it is lagless, you can just hold down and mash b over and over again, and as long as you stay on the slope and do it in the upward direction, you will do it in a line, and it sorta looks like a weird wavedash kinda thing. Let's just call it "wave-flipping" for now. =P

Now, I thought very little of this when I first saw it. I thought it looked cool, and I figured I'd do it in a match to show off if I got the chance. But I wasn't aware at the time that her flip had invincibility frames at the beginning.

Now, this really isn't that big of a deal, but it's an interesting little trick you could keep in mind for when you're on yoshi's (the only other tourney-viable stage it seems to work on is Corneria, and only on that really small section of steeper wing). Basically, now knowing that her flip had invincibility frames, I was interested in it again. I spawned a sticky bomb, threw it onto snake, ran and got it stuck onto me, and then around when it was going to explode, started wave-flipping along the slope. Lo and behold, it did no damage. Because the flip auto cancels on the slope and then immediately buffers into another flip, this easy-as-hell glitch keep you completely invincible while you do it. =\

I think it's pretty cool, actually. Might be worth something. Not much, but something.

EDIT: NEVER MIND!!! O_O Didn't test it out enough I guess... It looks like while doing it it's 50:50 chance of having something hurt you, because it's a few frames of invincibility and a few frames of you being in crouching position.

That makes it all but useless I'd say... could still be an interesting aproach though. I mean hell, I'd be like "WTF WAS THAT?!"

Zero

Smash Hero
lololol

A few months back a random scrub posted the same thing, but without implications and just egotripping. It was quite funny.

noradseven

Smash Lord
lololol

A few months back a random scrub posted the same thing, but without implications and just egotripping. It was quite funny.
Yeah it seems like something p. simple to find out, but I play random alot and we normally don't play crazy stages unless we are doing double randoms.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
So yeah, things that I will be testing, if anyone has done any work on these let me know:

Combos from SH airdodge>uair (the SHAD gives you the perfect timing to land the uair right as you land (front hitbox), giving max time to combo. the landing seems to flub the uair at low to mid percents)

Combos from backside of uair. Hit with the tip of her foot as it is parallel to the ground, the knockback is just about set until high-mid %s (70ish)

Breaking down back throw tech chase

Any possible combos off the first hit of fair. Think landing to cancel the second hit, as well as DIing to intentionally miss with the second hit while in the air with an opponent and then followup

Low to mid bair combos

Zero

Smash Hero
Combos from backside of uair. Hit with the tip of her foot as it is parallel to the ground, the knockback is just about set until high-mid %s (70ish)
Bair, uair and nair combo from it as far as I know. Try a pivot fair, it should work, but the command would be tricky as hell to input ;-;

Weak uair is a great combo move, weak to strong uair to bair/fair/uair/nair works really well.

Any possible combos off the first hit of fair. Think landing to cancel the second hit, as well as DIing to intentionally miss with the second hit while in the air with an opponent and then followup
The second hit of fair (the entirety of fair as well) has huuuge landing lag, so it wouldn't be a true combo, and it'd be difficult to string two hits together because of the landing lag.

I haven't tried SHAD uair much, and I'd think it'd work pretty well as an approach. I will try it soon.

Zero

Smash Hero
lol HItmonlee. perfect. Glass cannon is more than suitable for both HItmonlee and Samus. I can't attest to how good HItmonlee would look in a pair of Choice Specs though.

Otherwise I say PIgeot. Graceful and majestic in the air, a proud, sleek looking bird who sadly is as fragile as a glass house (not really, but 75 base def is pretty terrible nonetheless). Pigeot can also fly anywhere but still return to the stage (Fly). Pigeot doesn't really have as diverse of a moveset as we do, but I can say that the PIgeot Pokegirl would look great in Choice Specs, just like our Library Suit Samus.

s-s-sorry, what was I saying?

1st gen doesn't really have a ZSS archetype, I don't think.

Hence

Smash Ace
:zerosuitsamus: is such a :037: though.

Edit: I've never played Guilty Gear Accent Core in my life but I'm entering a tournament for it on Saturday. Who's the easiest character to pick up fairly quickly and win with? I'm certainly checking out Millia because of Crash's talk about her metagame in releation to ZSS. Does Millia have a large learning curve? Yo-Yo's are boss too, but Bridget is nearly the worst character in the game - or so I've read. :(

Zero

Smash Hero
Bridget is tough to play, not a beginning character in any way, shape or form.

I'd say wait for norad though, he knows his stuff.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
But dragonair is awesome. And it is blue, like the zero suit.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
:078:
Becouse everyone wants to ride...
Ok let's go for Tangela or Dragonair..

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
:073: riding :078: with their friend :079: watching on the sidelines.

Seems like completely non-sexual behavior to me. yep.
Thats why he's confused!

Now that i completely killed that, seriously, dragonair=elegance=zss.

Top Bottom