• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Back Throw Jab Lock

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
Hey everyone, so I came across a youtube video that showed ZSS doing a back throw into a grounded B reverse paralyzer. The paralyzer jab locks the opponent, allowing ZSS to run up and combo. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqwpNdid7uU

Credits to Take 5.

so I went into the training room to test it out, and i tried it on Mario, Fox, and Ike. It worked on all three of them. it seems like a very viable setup, but i have never seen anyone use it in tournament play. It seems like it could work on a variety of characters at low percents, obviously more on fastfallers and big characters. It does not work on floaties, as i also tried it with ness, and it failed at zero. Is this setup common knowledge? It seems really good. I would love to get more data on the setup, but i have no time (junior in high school). What is the viability of this? any thoughts? The best i seem to be able to get is Nair-Bthrow-Breverse paralyzer-Run up-charge Dsmash-SH nair-Grab-Dthrow-Fair or Uair strings (it could act as a 0-death on sheik and similar characters considering how fast Uar Uair Up B works on her.) Thanks!

Last edited:

M32

Smash Rookie
NNID
Malvagio
No need to reverse paralyzer since bthrow turns you around.
Well, any decent player would tech roll the bthrow, so it's not viable unless you're playing noobs.

AstroCRiS

Smash Cadet
I remember the best zss guide on smash boards talked about this. It's a great mixup, but keep in mind you could always tech this move

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Yeah I learned this the first day of the 3ds or so, I was fighting heavies like ddd and bowser so i randomly got that thought and applied it on FG, But I just never said anything because I assumed in a tourney match they would always tech it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom