• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zoroark for Smash 4: Deconfirmed... or is it an illusion?

Are you a Zoroark supporter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
The moveset contest was a flop... Oh, well. I guess I won't be doing that anymore. Question: If Zoroark does get in the game, do you think he would be reviled before or after the game's release?

D

Deleted member

The moveset contest was a flop... Oh, well. I guess I won't be doing that anymore. Question: If Zoroark does get in the game, do you think he would be reviled before or after the game's release?
Probably after since Kalos Trainer and Mewtwo would be enough hype for the Pokemon Series

Staarih

Smash Master
Question: If Zoroark does get in the game, do you think he would be reviled before or after the game's release?
I think he'd be saved for after the games release, and would probably be an unlockable character anyway. We still have Pokémon Trainer (and possibly Jigglypuff) to reveal, and I have a feeling Mewtwo will be revealed prior to release as well to create hype. Sakurai might be the troll that he is though and reveal all Pokémon characters, and even a newcomer like Zoroark, before Mewtwo, just to mess with us and make us think Mewtwo won't make it.

Now, many might think that Brawl + Mewtwo is enough but I still have high hopes for Zoroark (or any other fresh Pokémon character, preferably him of course) haha!

D

Deleted member

If either/both are even playable.
I really doubt they won't after Lumiose City stage, and Mewtwo IS the most popular SSB character
I think he'd be saved for after the games release, and would probably be an unlockable character anyway. We still have Pokémon Trainer (and possibly Jigglypuff) to reveal, and I have a feeling Mewtwo will be revealed prior to release as well to create hype. Sakurai might be the troll that he is though and reveal all Pokémon characters, and even a newcomer like Zoroark, before Mewtwo, just to mess with us and make us think Mewtwo won't make it.

Now, many might think that Brawl + Mewtwo is enough but I still have high hopes for Zoroark (or any other fresh Pokémon character, preferably him of course) haha!
Have to agree, a lot of rosters I saw were Mewtwo+Brawl, we need something fresh may it be Zoroark or even Kalos Trainer

D

Deleted member

I don't see Pokemon getting 6 reps.
Changing Pkmn Trainer and removing Jigglypuff, I know it's one of the 12 originals but it has nothing unique and there are better Pokemon to be picked sice it lost its popularity

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Changing Pkmn Trainer and removing Jigglypuff, I know it's one of the 12 originals but it has nothing unique and there are better Pokemon to be picked sice it lost its popularity
lol Jigglypuff ain't leaving. Isn't that pokemon super popular in Japan?

D

Deleted member

lol Jigglypuff ain't leaving. Isn't that pokemon super popular in Japan?
I really don't know about in Japan but it seems that in places like South and North America it has lost it.

D

Deleted member

Well I'd love Jigglypuff to get the boot, but I don't see that happening.
Yeah, he is not getting kicked neither Pkmn Trainer because he is unique, but Mewtwo got kicked so anything can happen(I know it was due to time constraints)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, he is not getting kicked neither Pkmn Trainer because he is unique, but Mewtwo got kicked so anything can happen(I know it was due to time constraints)
Mewtwo didn't get kicked. He like Roy was gonna be in Brawl but they didn't have enough time.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo didn't get kicked. He like Roy was gonna be in Brawl but they didn't have enough time.
Sorry if you misunderstood, but with kicked I meant cut or whatever(english is not my native language), and as far things are going Jigglypuff doesn't seems like a priority

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
While I don't mind Jigglypuff, If Sakurai wanted to keep the number of Pokemon characters at a minimum of 5 for other newcomers and veterans while maintaining a unique cast, I see Jigglypuff going.

D

Deleted member

While I don't mind Jigglypuff, If Sakurai wanted to keep the number of Pokemon characters at a minimum of 5 for other newcomers and veterans while maintaining a unique cast, I see Jigglypuff going.
This, if Sakurai had to remove any Pokemon it would be Lucario... that's what I would say till he was confirmed, now the only that should be removed,if any is going to be, it is Jigglypuff

Keeshu

Smash Ace
When it comes to which pokemon are required in Smash. In my opinion, it'd be like this:
1. Pikachu - Mascot of just about every form of Pokemon, no brainer, even if I don't really care for him.
2. Jigglypuff - I hate Jigglypuff, and she's one of the only characters in smash I hate playing as, against, or even watching (unless troll matches are involved of course, any character is fun when you have the right setup). However, She's basicly smash tradition, and with her simple design it's probably easy to code her in when all you got to do is stretch her (when most characters stretch anyways, but she stretches more often with simpler textures). I just wish they went with Meowth instead of Jigglypuff, for multiple reasons. Even if Meowth is a little on the boring side for me, at least he's more interesting in everyway when compared to Jigglypuff, and has nearly perfect attendence in the anime.
3. Mewtwo - He's the star of the first Pokemon movie, and has been multiple pokemon movies. Along with being the final challenge in the original pokemon game. If his movies failed, than we might not have gotten many other Pokemon movies. He also got a couple more movies recently 2 showing his mega Y form, and 1 for Pokemon Origins.
4. Pokemon Trainer - His inclusion still kinda baffles me, cause he doesn't really have a character (less of a character than Link or Mario. That's a feat to behold!). However, yeah he's the character you play as.... Not much more to it than that... Maybe it's just because there's so many mangas based off of the gen 1 trainer? And then Ash+Pokemon Origins movie are based off him too?..... Yeah, he's important, like super important! Just give me a reason to be able to play Charizard ........or Snivy/Serperior. Squirtle is fine too.
5. Lucario - He had a good movie (Apparently good enough to be a favorite for a couple of my friends in my town). He's made a few semi-important appearances in the anime. He comes off as one of the tougher side characters in a few side games. While Blaziken and himself are the 2 characters shown for some new pokemon fighting game. Most importantly the Mega-Evolution stones. Since it's a major thing in Pokemon X+Y. I'm not sure if it will remain a major thing in future Pokemon games, so it worries me that he might not make it for SSB5 (one game at a time though right? we already got him for SSB4)
6. Zoroark - First Gen 5 Pokemon to be announced (according to bulbapedia at least). Has a movie of it's own (though off-screen most of the time, instead we got to listen to Zorua. Zoroark, did you forget how to use telepathy?). It also had an episode based around it. With a few appearances in side games.
7. Pichu - Maybe I'm biased, but I never really heard anyone sing any praises of Pichu, and whenever they did, it was because it was a smaller pikachu, but they still prefered pikachu in the first place. Has Pichu ever done anything of importance? Though if Sakurai wants to bring back in a character to be used for humiliating opponents again, he can do that.

Strange I thought there was a lot more going on with Lucario and Zoroark than I thought, I'm used to seeing them everywhere. Still hoping for Lucario vs Zoroark in smash though.

Sorry. I blabbed too much... On an unrelated note, just found out there's some manga with a trainer named Shu and he caught+released Celebi and Lugia. He also had a skarmory, houndour, and dragonair. Neat. You could spend months looking up random trivia on pokemon sites I swear....

Staarih

Smash Master
My support towards Zoroark has been pretty unstable lately, and I'm gradually becoming more of a "any fresh Pokémon face"-supporter. I guess switching some of PT's Pokémon around might do the trick, but it would still be pretty much Brawl + Mewtwo at that point. I feel like we need something completely new Pokémon-wise. I do still think Zoroark has the best shot out of any other Pokémon-character in that case, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Many people might think 6 Pokémon reps is too much, but I personally wouldn't mind it. But if Pokémon was to get 6 reps, I feel like some other franchise would need to as well, and that would probably be Mario. And that, yet again, is something people would dislike, because sure, it takes away spots for other "more deserving" characters. I guess we'll be wiser about all this sooner or later.

I wouldn't mind Jigglypuff getting the boot though to introduce a new Pokémon-face

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Some of the excuses for Zoroark not being in Smash feels as bad as K. Rool not being relevant enough. :p

I still have a feeling that the uniqueness of him will win Sakurai over, some of the arguments against him feel rather weak as Sakurai does research everything about Pokemon, so Zoroark is up there.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think Zoroark has a better chance of being playable than a gen 6 pokemon as none of them really have that uniqueness to be playable imo.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh, I imagine he'd be reviled both before and after the game's release quite a bit, mostly for not being Mewtwo. You all know how the fans reacted when Lucario was revealed...

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
How have things been going since I've been gone? Seems that everything has been pretty good. Anyways, I don't think anyone will be leaving. On top of that, I think that Mewtwo will return, and that we will only see five Pokemon characters. Zoroark was also hurt by the lack of mega evolution and the fact that she has a similar build to both Lucario and Mewtwo. Her only chance of getting in is if the Pokemon Trainer gets cut... That's not going to happen. But if Mario gets six characters, I can see her getting in.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
But if Mario gets six characters, I can see her getting in.
In fact, the problem with Pokemon character is that there are actually six characters in Brawl because of the Pokemon Trainer and I highly doubt there would be eight, considering Mewtwo coming back and Zoroark being a newcomer. If Lucario would have been axed, I could have seen Zoroark, but even with six Mario characters, Pokemon would have one more without Zoroark joining.

It is the old slot count vs. actual character count debate but to be honest, other franchises sould have a newcomer before Pokemon gets eight characters in one title. F Zero, Golden Sun, Advance Wars and Wario for example. Well that's at least my opinion.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So, if Pokémon Z rolls around and there are new Mega Evolutions, can you see Zoroark getting one? I certainly can, all he needs is to let his hair down and get a darker shade of black on his fur. Unrelated, here are more Pokémon that need Mega Evos:
  • Metagross
  • Golurk
  • Dragonite
  • Ursaring
  • Luxray
  • The Legendary Beasts(Suicune, Raikou, Entei)
  • Eelektross
  • Raichu
  • Arcanine
  • Tropius
  • Machamp
  • Exeggutor
  • Lapras
  • Golem
  • Donophan
  • Xatu
  • Salamance
  • Carnivine
  • Drapion
  • Galvantula
  • Cofagrigus
  • Scrafty
  • Sudowoodo
Jesus, that's a lot of Pokémon.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, if Pokémon Z rolls around and there are new Mega Evolutions, can you see Zoroark getting one? I certainly can, all he needs is to let his hair down and get a darker shade of black on his fur.
I think the main reason Zoroark didn't get a Mega Evolution is because no 5th gen pokemon did. I'm sure when the time comes that 5th gen pokemon get mega evolutions, Zoroark will be a prime candidate.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Surprised no one bumped this thread, but if you look closely at the Greninja Trailer, Zoroark appears next to the other Pokeball Pokemon.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Knowing how many people here dislike Zoroark, the same rules as any other disconfirmed characters applies here too. So don't be a jerk if you don't have anything nice to say.

Anyway, yeah, I would have loved to have Zoroark in the game but okay. At least it will probably get the chance to be a pretty cool Pokeball Pokemon if that's what it will get. :)

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I've never even heard of Zoroark being hated. However, Zoroark being disconfirmed is a little sad. Though I didn't have really super high hopes for it in the first place, I just liked the idea of Zoroark's potential for being in the game. (I only have high hopes for Ridley).
However, seeing Greninja in action makes me really happy to see him, and I look forward to playing him. Totally not a character I was expecting to see though. I thought Lucario was pretty ninja-like already, and we already have Sheik.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Just for confirmation, I looked for her and...
Zoroark.png
She was the hardest one to find and I only found her on my fourth try.

Staarih

Smash Master
Oh dear, well, I guess it can't be helped. I still had hope when Zoroark wasn't shown to be a Pokéball Pokémon (yet), but the Charizard/Greninja trailer kinda sealed the deal. I'm happy with a fresh new Pokémon face, Greninja just wasn't the one I was expecting, but it's cool nonetheless! Zoroark just didn't stand out enough, and it's obvious that they want to focus on the newest Pokémon-games - if Smash 4 had happened around the time of Black & White, Zoroark might have had a better shot.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've never even heard of Zoroark being hated.
Zoroark is lets say a pretty controversial character around these parts. Particularly by the Lucario fans and those who wanted a Pokemon roster consisting solely of the Brawl Pokemon & Mewtwo. Hence why I put up the warning there.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Zoroark is lets say a pretty controversial around these parts. Particularly by the Lucario fans and those who wanted a Pokemon roster consisting solely of the Brawl Pokemon & Mewtwo. Hence why I put up the warning there.
Ah, the old Lucario + Zoroark rivalry. Didn't think about that. I can see how that could rub someone the wrong way, with them having quite a few similarities.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
For the sake of the Zoroark supporters, I'll just throw them a bone:

doesn't that pic look a little like Weavile?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pichu and Jiggs are in the Melee intro.

ROB is in the SSE cutscene.

But yeah, GG Zoroark. You definitely should have been picked over Greninja without a shadow of a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom