• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Uair is ZSS' best aerial out of shield. Nair is only DECENT against tall opponents that hit you with a laggy attack but even then uair is probably better.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
If you're using Neutral Air out of shield, it would leave little opportunity to follow-up (even if it does hit) since it smacks them horizontally, rather than vertically.

It's much more reliable to use Uair if you're going for an aerial out of shield. Since it leaves the option of a follow up due to it sending your opponent above you, it's certainly your best option of racking up damage.

Personally, out of a shield, I like using jab cancel -> Down tilt. Even though they can pull up a Power Shield, the down tilt is so quick that if they don't roll, majority of the cast don't have decent attack options to really punish her for it. If they keep the shield up, you can just repeat to pressure them until they roll or drop it.

Down tilt, thanks to it's laglessness, makes following up with an aerial fairly easy.
But that's just me.

Salem

Smash Champion
If you're using Neutral Air out of shield, it would leave little opportunity to follow-up (even if it does hit) since it smacks them horizontally, rather than vertically.

It's much more reliable to use Uair if you're going for an aerial out of shield. Since it leaves the option of a follow up due to it sending your opponent above you, it's certainly your best option of racking up damage.

Personally, out of a shield, I like using jab cancel -> Down tilt. Even though they can pull up a Power Shield, the down tilt is so quick that if they don't roll, majority of the cast don't have decent attack options to really punish her for it. If they keep the shield up, you can just repeat to pressure them until they roll or drop it.

Down tilt, thanks to it's laglessness, makes following up with an aerial fairly easy.
But that's just me.
You mean single Jab to D-tilt?

Repeat of that move seems unpunishable for some reason. >_>

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Dtilt is actually fairly punishable if you know how to respond to it. Some characters don't really have an answer.

Salem

Smash Champion
Dtilt is actually fairly punishable if you know how to respond to it. Some characters don't really have an answer.
Like Link for example? >_>

A Jab to D-tilt seems Link's not able to do much exept roll, but I should test this to be sure cause wifi doesn't help.
I know he's not able to grab cause the jab will come out first staggering him even after the D-tilt...

I should see all the characters who are forced to roll/dodge. :p

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
somethings on my mind....

1. when fighting, you get your opponent's % around 35-40, after that, if you dsmash and single jab or jab twice, they freeze, kinda. :laugh:. its weird.

2. tripping; ftilt downwards. anyone use this?

3. when edge hogging, if you jump back and fspecial 3 times; after the 3rd time, you can't do it anymore. (its actually for everyone with a zair or a move similar to that. but no one would do this in a match.)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
somethings on my mind....

1. when fighting, you get your opponent's % around 35-40, after that, if you dsmash and single jab or jab twice, they freeze, kinda. :laugh:. its weird.

2. tripping; ftilt downwards. anyone use this?

3. when edge hogging, if you jump back and fspecial 3 times; after the 3rd time, you can't do it anymore. (its actually for everyone with a zair or a move similar to that. but no one would do this in a match.)
Known known and known.

:p

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
That's my point.

Very few characters have a way to react to her down tilt. It's really just getting it started up, and a jab canceling (single jab, preferably) is pretty much the simplest option a ZSS has at starting it up. Well, besides a dash attack, maybe, but the percentage for that is a tad bit strict.

sasook

Smash Champion
You'd be surprised, when it comes to a few characters.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I actually use it on a regular basis with Zero Suit Samus, just for mindgames, really.
Could use it to stall on the ledge for a moment to try and punish your opponent when they come close to the ledge. But it's actually pretty useful. A tad bit risky at times though, because if they hit you off the stage without you touching the ground after the third time, you won't have an easy time recovering.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Who tested ZSS's fthrow CG on snake? It appears that if Snake DI's down and spotdoges it misses...
And yes i'm fairly sure I'm buffering it correctly.
It's more of a Pseudo-Chain grab. Players have the ability to avoid it, though their options and limitations are based on split second actions and predictions. Personally, her chain grab seems somewhat useless to me. If they do avoid it, she can be punished far too easily. Your buffering has to be dead-on or you could end up throwing the entire match from a stupid mistake.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
It's more of a Pseudo-Chain grab. Players have the ability to avoid it, though their options and limitations are based on split second actions and predictions. Personally, her chain grab seems somewhat useless to me. If they do avoid it, she can be punished far too easily. Your buffering has to be dead-on or you could end up throwing the entire match from a stupid mistake.
If you're talking about the CG vs. everybody being useless... you're quite wrong. It makes the DDD matchup SO much easier.
IMO it sucks vs. Snake though. :(

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
If you're talking about the CG vs. everybody being useless... you're quite wrong. It makes the DDD matchup SO much easier.
IMO it sucks vs. Snake though. :(
Yes, I mean against Snake. It's very useful against Dedede. Snake though, the timing is too strict, and Ftilt/Utilt is too threatening to ZSS.

solecalibur

Smash Master
For the Tournament Placings / Ranking thread how many people have to be entered in the tounry?

edit - for my crew battles we have reverse mains crew battles

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
Ok im tryin to use ZSS and my friend keeps complaining that ZSS is his wife and that i should stay away from her. Im secretly using her and am probably a better ZSS player than him. what should i do? And this is a serious question.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Ok im tryin to use ZSS and my friend keeps complaining that ZSS is his wife and that i should stay away from her. Im secretly using her and am probably a better ZSS player than him. what should i do? And this is a serious question.
Screw what your friend says. Play as whoever you want. WTF @ him calling a bunch of polygons his wife.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Thanx for that but i just sometimes feel bad cuz now he wants to main her. Its to the point where I would pick her and he just says "What are you doing. Your suppose to be my best friend." Its funny as hell but sometimes just sad.
Prove you have the better Zss.

sasook

Smash Champion
Tell your friend you can use whoever you want, it's a game. We're not responsible if he calls you gay for going MK though.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Just use whoever you want, but if you really feel bad and want to not use the same char anyway that's up to you. Btw, ZSS dittos are ******** and boring everywhere, but high level play. It's much more fun when you're not trying to outspace side B-s and D-smash, which are pretty useless the vast majority of the time

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
Just use whoever you want, but if you really feel bad and want to not use the same char anyway that's up to you. Btw, ZSS dittos are ******** and boring everywhere, but high level play. It's much more fun when you're not trying to outspace side B-s and D-smash, which are pretty useless the vast majority of the time
exactly i hate using the same characters as the people in my crew but ZSS is real fun and challenging to play as.

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
exactly i hate using the same characters as the people in my crew but ZSS is real fun and challenging to play as.
Yep. I love playing as fun characters with large learning curves. Take Link for example :)
Hope you have fun with ZSS :D

RuRu13

Smash Rookie
Well, to each their own. Your friend has a weird way of picking his mains. I'd hate to see who his other mains are...

Also...<_<

He wants his Wii back.

Top Bottom