• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Dsmash chain combo tests(All characters tested)(VIDEO!)

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I never use this move, always thought it was impossible becuz i play some competitive opponents. But now i know its chainable its defenitley worth working on. So how does this really work? Down smash twice wait for stun then do it again? Also u mite wanna add how it works at the very top of ur post.
I thought the video was self explaintory :dizzy: XD

But basicly it was Dsmash Dsmash move a little bit forward dsmash dsmash just watch the video see what I do you should be able to understand that. good luck!

Snakeee

Smash Master
I can party confirm on wolf being chainable, i pulled off a 0 to 70%ish chain on him yesterday. I dont know if he tried hard to get out or not but yeah, probably since that were kind alot of fsmash lol
Yeah uh, the Wolf player I fought today shielded it at I think 0%, so I wouldn't bother trying that on him again.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Yeah uh, the Wolf player I fought today shielded it at I think 0%, so I wouldn't bother trying that on him again.
Well anyone can Sheild at 0% if they see it coming.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Well anyone can Sheild at 0% if they see it coming.
Lol, no no I mean they sheilded the second string of d smash, as in he was able to shield after the first and not get caught in a chain at all. And this was in a tournament, not on Wifi or something, so can't blame it on lag or something...I suppose my timing could have been off, but I really don't think it was.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Lol, no no I mean they sheilded the second string of d smash, as in he was able to shield after the first and not get caught in a chain at all. And this was in a tournament, not on Wifi or something, so can't blame it on lag or something...I suppose my timing could have been off, but I really don't think it was.
Ah, well I suppose after getting cought the first time they know to avoid it. :p

ShardZ

Smash Cadet
err.. so would you mind clearly listing who it's ac tually guaranteed on? I gather i'm not the only one that found the list to be rather vague.
Also, Samus & ZSS should be listed separately for who can be chained as they're 2 very different chars. That and Samus very obviously recovers long before she hits the ground.

Anyway, I noticed that vs certain chars at 0% you can just keep mashing d.smash to catch them in the stun a 2nd time whereas for most chars you need to pause for just an instant for the 2nd stun to connect. I was gonna make a list of the chars you can easily mash d.smash on for my own reference anyway, so I may as well share.

You can mindlessly mash d.smash to get the 2nd stun on:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Bowser
Ganondorf
Link
Shiek
C.Falcon

I was only able to test this in training mode so I apologise for any innacuracies, now that I know about it though I'll definitely be trying it out in actual matches. :D

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Yeah, Chaining on a CPU won't offer the best results are their reflexes...to put it bluntly are inhuman :p

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
I discovered this on my own(didn't see'that' video nor was i told how to do it)and was a bit saddened by the fact that it's on the boards now.

however, it will be nice to have others help testing it out and finding what characters can do to escape it and learn to counter those movements.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I discovered this on my own(didn't see'that' video nor was i told how to do it)and was a bit saddened by the fact that it's on the boards now.

however, it will be nice to have others help testing it out and finding what characters can do to escape it and learn to counter those movements.
Don't be sadden this is a great advantage to all of us ZSS users.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Dark Shadow would you like to play right now for a bit? It'll be on the second FC I gave you. If not give me a good time tomorrow because I'm off all day.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
Don't be sadden this is a great advantage to all of us ZSS users.
that is not why i am a bit sad, i love the fact that this is a very viable tactic and can only better an already great character.

however, the point i was trying to make was other character mains(fox players etc) that browse character boards to see some nice tricks could potentially read this, not like it matters, one D-smash is all it takes ^_^ .gotta surprise people with this kinda stuff :p

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
that is not why i am a bit sad, i love the fact that this is a very viable tactic and can only better an already great character.

however, the point i was trying to make was other character mains(fox players etc) that browse character boards to see some nice tricks could potentially read this, not like it matters, one D-smash is all it takes ^_^ .gotta surprise people with this kinda stuff :p
Doesnt matter if they read it, they can't predict when the dsmash will start unless it's from a mile a way, but I understand where you are coming from I don't want them to read it, but if they get cought in it, they are screwed :p

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Dark Shadow would you like to play right now for a bit? It'll be on the second FC I gave you. If not give me a good time tomorrow because I'm off all day.
I'll be home early tommrow after class, so if you are on msn i'll give you a message.

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPyo1hI7Ns
Ice Climbers Chained near the end of the battle.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Well I just got pwnt by someones metaknight wasnt sure if it was you or not >_>

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
That....was my brother lol. See I'm at school so my Wii is at home and the name on the one I'm using now will say Ndelz. Play me already I'm online.
Well I keep making a room and you never join! >_>

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Bump, because this is an important thread with very good information, and it will stop idiots from making new threads to ask about it (not really), i think this should be stickied.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I still need to get Dsmash % on most characters...I got some but not many.

I've been playing alot and not paying attention >-<

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Boosted again because people are ALREADY STARTED TO MAKE NEW POSTS ASKING WHAT HERE IS ANSWERED (see the "stun lock" thread...)

Some1 should sticky this ****, its important for crying out loud.

Top Bottom