• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus >:( cant beat!!!! any lucas tips?

Jarun

Smash Cadet
ya my buddy is like PRO with her and i need to show him lucas pwns any tips?

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
one thing that ZSS has is loads of range and speed.....your best bet would to use lots of pk fire to keep her at bay, ad always be ready to absorb anything (stun gun and dsmash). havent had too much experiance with her besides a couple games against a friend of mine that mains her so cant tell you much

lil cj

Smash Lord
Never really had a problem with ZSS. She's good but shouldnt be a challenge for Lucas.
ZSS's meta game I believe revolves around stringing together combos, using aerials, and finishing the job with side B....so like Chaos Theory said use PK Fires to space and do the usual approaches: Nair and Dair.
Also, her grab is just as slow and laggy as Lucas' punish her for it when she misses(if % is high use a quick side smash for an easy KO)....Another thing edge guard Zamus....her main recoveries are tether so jus grab the ledge and she cant attatch on to the ledge. Try hitting her while she's off stage...use fairs, bairs(for potential spike), and PK thunder.
Another thing by all means avoid her stun attacks(neutral b and down smash) that usually how a ZSS starts a combo....psi magnet the neutral b and sheild/dodge/ the down smash....I think u can use psi magnet against her down smash am i right?
I hope this helps:)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Run at her and perfect shield her forward B, neutral B or Dsmash. Then punish. Most ZSS players don't know what to do against this. Once you have her off the edge, edgeguard with PKT1. Lots of jabs and tilts.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
i have problems using the jab, hers is faster
The third hit of her jab combo can be shielded and punished.

Seriously, her jab combo isn't that good.

Also, you can absord her Neutral B and her DSmash with PSI Magnet.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Approaching ZSS from above can be dicey at times in my experience due to the range of her usmash and Plasma Wire. I remember hearing a rumor that you could reflect her side special: confirm/deny?

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Approaching ZSS from above can be dicey at times in my experience due to the range of her usmash and Plasma Wire. I remember hearing a rumor that you could reflect her side special: confirm/deny?
I don't have a video available, but I have reflected it before. Pretty funny, though I honestly don't suggest doing it. It's easy to mess up and get punished.

And yeah, I suggest a ground based approach.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This is just a random crazy idea, but Magnet Pull approaches may be good. Wait for her to throw a Plasma Whip out, then Magnet Pull towards her. If she tries to follow up with a Paralyzer, you'll absorb that and be back on the ground in time to continue the pressure. I would need to test this, but I think it'd be a good idea.

On the whole, predicting dsmashes and using PSI Magnet as a defend/counter option against it is a really useful tactic.

SH PK Fire. It outranges Plasma Whip and Paralyzer, and if you time it right, you can clank with Paralyzer but hit Zamus with the splash.

Don't use usmash. ZSS will avoid it, and she will punish with dsmash combos. Be careful also of PK Thunder, and if you use it, don't be predictable with it. It works best as an edgeguard, but other than that, it's generally very punishable.

Don't shield pressure with aerials. Good ZSSes will punish with utilt OOS, and that puts you above her, and you don't want to be above ZSS.

Finally, don't listen to lil cj. I'm pretty sure he has no idea what he's talking about, because he has completely mischaracterized ZSS' metagame.

Also, I doubt you can reflect Plasma Whip. I imagine you can reflect Zamus while she's performing it, but the move itself is not a projectile, ergo it shouldn't be reflectable. Who did you do this with, Blackbelt? Lucas? Mario?

I just tried it, and Mirror Shield did its usual gig of acting like a shield. It went straight through Cape, and it clanked with Lucas' Fsmash, so I don't know what you did.

Kyriel

Smash Cadet
As a ZSS main, the thing I hate most about Lucas is PK Fire spacing, which the token ******* of this forum --> Tyr_03, uses on me more than any other of his tactics combined. ACing NAIRs in succession is good against ZSS, especially if you get behind her because they accent two of her weaknesses: slow grabs, and no full body aerials.

Edge guarding a tethered ZSS with an UpSmash is more effective than people give it credit for, as it hits below the stage, temporarily covering the edge :/.

ZSS players will spam their SideBs at you, most commonly in short hops. Full hops get around this.

How the other moves are used are just how the individual ZSS plays.

Star Lucas

Smash Cadet
You need to time your edge hog if zamus is under the stage. Her up b wouldnt tether but would bring you down with her if used right. Time it so you get invincibility frames at that moment.

hmm...thinking about it...there are definitely characters that can recover well after being "spiked?" by her up b while youre edge hogging.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
^^^
lol you're just mad because I keep beating you. And even if I'm having an off day with Lucas I can always go Metaknight : )

lil cj

Smash Lord
Finally, don't listen to lil cj. I'm pretty sure he has no idea what he's talking about, because he has completely mischaracterized ZSS' metagame
Lol...i do know...i main Zamus too
and everytime i see vids of ZSS thats pretty much all I see
except for Claw's Zamus...
but i guess there r different ways to use her, that i didnt know about...lol

Kyriel

Smash Cadet
You need to time your edge hog if zamus is under the stage. Her up b wouldnt tether but would bring you down with her if used right. Time it so you get invincibility frames at that moment.
No timing is needed if you Edgehog with PK1, which is the most efficient thing to do. If ZSS goes under and UPBs through the stage in an attempt to Spike, you can DI out of it extremely easily--point being: you should rarely get spiked by this maneuver.
hmm...thinking about it...there are definitely characters that can recover well after being "spiked?" by her up b while youre edge hogging.
Her UpB is easily out prioritized. Lucas's DAIR will eat through it.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yea listen to Kyriel. I've played him with my Lucas about a million times. He's also the best Zamus I've seen. Not that I've played tons of them but he definetly knows what he's talking about.

Also, if you ever get a zss part, full hop, throw the part down at the ground in front of zss and land an autocancelled Uair behind her. This removes her rolling option and will knock her into her still bouncing part if she shields your Uair. You can repeat this over and over to rack up ridiculous damage. If she's recovering, throw the part at the ground near the edge and let it bounce. Then wait for her to try to get up with a jump (which is the only way she can besides stalling because of the bouncing zss part.)

Levitas

the moon
How are you spacing the part? I'm thinking that if it's close to the edge, ZSS can roll through it, and if it's far, she can just stand up.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
^^^
I put it right next to the edge. If she rolls you just punish with a Fsmash. Sorry forgot to mention that option. Just try it out. It's ridiculously easy to read and punish any of her options.

Kyriel

Smash Cadet
ZSS can jump and DownB special through the bouncing part, since the DownB jump gives invincibility frames. Not to mention she can do any aerial out of it, or just choose to do its unreasonably strong/high priority kick.

Then again, you can pretty much just avoid it by walking away, as it's slow, and punish however you like.

Edit: if I ever played as Lucas going against ZSS and got a part, I'd hold onto that part until ZSS had 100%+ , and rack damage up via specials.

That part is stronger than ZSS's standard smashes lol.

Jarun

Smash Cadet
hmmm...ill try all of em....he came over yesterday and i WON! (now i wanna actually DESTROY him lol

Jarun

Smash Cadet
even tho i CAN beat his marth, thats the one hes training up, so any marth beating tips?

Top Bottom