• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus 1.11 Changelog

Honor

Smash Apprentice
They changed the way shield stun works for everyone it looks like. I'm at work so I won't be able to post anything more about it until I get home to play.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Already posted in social but dsmash is less safe on shield by 4 frames now even after the universal shieldstun changes. The shieldlag got completely or almost completely removed from the move.

Fidyyuan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fidyyuan
Is up+b oos still possible? If the lag prevents that from being possible, that'd make me sad :(

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Already posted in social but dsmash is less safe on shield by 4 frames now even after the universal shieldstun changes. The shieldlag got completely or almost completely removed from the move.
What the actual ****? I literally got tired of Attack stick today when I was playing a friends sheik on wifi I change it just to hear this ? Zzz.

Anyways I guess it's a small price to pay also I was landing some Final hits of up b on players trying to shield the whole thing when I did it from below the ledge. I can only assume now that the shield lag was causing them to miss-input their grab or punish attempts on me with the shield lag change.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Paranoia on full alert. Somebody posted this in another thread, please verify if possible.

"-ZSS DownB has a noticeably weaker spike. Dsmash>DownB spike is not killing training dummies at 140%. It also seems like you can't use it while suffering from knockback anymore, so no escaping combos with her DownB.
-I think ZSS' Uair got changed, but I'm not familiar enough with the character to be sure. Someone please check this."​

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
Paranoia on full alert. Somebody posted this in another thread, please verify if possible.

"-ZSS DownB has a noticeably weaker spike. Dsmash>DownB spike is not killing training dummies at 140%. It also seems like you can't use it while suffering from knockback anymore, so no escaping combos with her DownB.
-I think ZSS' Uair got changed, but I'm not familiar enough with the character to be sure. Someone please check this."​
Those all seem to be placebo, but I can't reliably test escaping combos with Flip Jump right now.

EDIT: Yeahhh she's the same as before, but I don't know anything about the Down Smash shield stuff.

Last edited:

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
To be fair dsmash used to be weird in the sense that ZSS didn't experience any hitlag when she hit with it, yet the opponent froze into their shield for those ~7 frames that now got changed to 1 or 0 (I've never heard of the term shieldlag before but I presume it means this). I don't know of any other move that gives the user no hitlag than ZSS' dsmash, so it could've been considered a buggy move before this change.

It's a shame it's less safe on shield now (used to be unpunishable if spaced) but it's still equally safe on whiff and honestly more than 50% of the time I use it for ledge pressure and out of the remaining usage only about half hits on shield. Not a big deal, but it sucks when trademark moves get touched this way without compensation.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
To be fair dsmash used to be weird in the sense that ZSS didn't experience any hitlag when she hit with it, yet the opponent froze into their shield for those ~7 frames that now got changed to 1 or 0 (I've never heard of the term shieldlag before but I presume it means this). I don't know of any other move that gives the user no hitlag than ZSS' dsmash, so it could've been considered a buggy move before this change.

It's a shame it's less safe on shield now (used to be unpunishable if spaced) but it's still equally safe on whiff and honestly more than 50% of the time I use it for ledge pressure and out of the remaining usage only about half hits on shield. Not a big deal, but it sucks when trademark moves get touched this way without compensation.
The reason for that previously was because Dsmash is technically a projectile so it didn't give ZSS hitlag; I'm wondering if something changed with that? Is it still bucket/absorb-able?

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
The reason for that previously was because Dsmash is technically a projectile so it didn't give ZSS hitlag; I'm wondering if something changed with that? Is it still bucket/absorb-able?
It still acts the same way (no hitlag), just shieldlag was also removed. I wonder if this was done to all projectiles?

NeoSeth

Smash Cadet

Well, we kind have been compensated. Our Dsmash isn't as safe on shield, but our aerials are all now EVEN SAFER. Tuen posted the frame data in the social thread; some of it is insane. Also, this change hasn't affected all projectiles. Our paralyzer is now safer on shield as well, which is pretty awesome. I feel bad for people playing against FG ZSS, though.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Well, we kind have been compensated. Our Dsmash isn't as safe on shield, but our aerials are all now EVEN SAFER. Tuen posted the frame data in the social thread; some of it is insane. Also, this change hasn't affected all projectiles. Our paralyzer is now safer on shield as well, which is pretty awesome. I feel bad for people playing against FG ZSS, though.
Has that bit about paralyzer been tested? Some anecdotal evidence shows that it's got lowered shield stun too. I haven't had a chance to take a look.

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
Wasn't shieldlag removed from all projectiles making generally all of them less safe? The mechanics changed so that hitlag equals shieldlag and since projectiles (including ZSS' dsmash) don't cause hitlag to the user they don't cause shieldlag to the opponent. Shieldstun was still increased for everything, so high damage projectiles may still be safer than before.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Not sure how he got that, then again, this is all hard stuff. Anyways, I measured paralyzer yesterday and it has 5 frames of shieldstun and no frames of shield hit lag.

We never really had follow ups to paralyzer on shield to begin with, so it's sort of moot in my mind. Though before the patch we may have actually been able to grab someone that got hit by a max range, max charge paralyzer (it fires on frame 43, ZSS moves on frame 70 and I got it to hit on frame 85 once. With the new patch, that yields 22 frames of advantage on shield drop, which is 2 frames away from being grabbed, as per some dash measurements I took. If we really did lose some advantage frames, this means it could have been feasible in the last patch. Oh well.)

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
All projectiles got their shieldlag removed which should have more effect than that of the increased shieldstun, ultimately amounting to less time in shield upon shielding a projectile. I rarely go with the feel argument but you can drop your shield seemingly immediately after shielding a weak to medium projectile now which is something I don't remember from before the patch.

Last edited:

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
All projectiles got their shieldlag removed which should have more effect than that of the increased shieldstun, ultimately amounting to less time in shield upon shielding a projectile. I rarely go with the feel argument but you can drop your shield seemingly immediately after shielding a weak to medium projectile now which is something I don't remember from before the patch.
But Paralyser is more safe on shield now? IO heard someone say that.

Top Bottom